Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,902 members, 7,814,054 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 04:14 AM

Antarctica: A Trip To The Coldest, Windiest, And Driest Continent On The Planet. - Travel (9) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Antarctica: A Trip To The Coldest, Windiest, And Driest Continent On The Planet. (79810 Views)

A Trip With My Girlfriend To Obudu Cattle Ranch (pictures) / A Trip To Ogbunike Cave, Anambra State / A Trip To Gberefun Village, Badagry, Lagos (Video, Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Antarctica: A Trip To The Coldest, Windiest, And Driest Continent On The Planet. by kambah(m): 7:34am On Mar 23, 2016
Very educative and informative. Unlike some thread on this forum that makes people nauseate.
More of it
Re: Antarctica: A Trip To The Coldest, Windiest, And Driest Continent On The Planet. by toprealman: 7:39am On Mar 23, 2016
Funjosh:

She is not a chics, Dominique is a darling kiss
honey pie, strawberry......o yeah, just realised that.

1 Like

Re: Antarctica: A Trip To The Coldest, Windiest, And Driest Continent On The Planet. by KingRex1(m): 7:43am On Mar 23, 2016
Explorers:
If Antarctica's ice sheets melted, the worlds oceans would rise by 60 to 65 meters (200 - 210ft) everywhere. And that's a disaster.
Why's that? Cos according to physics, when ice melts in a full glass of water, it doesnt overflows. The melted ice occupies same space the intial ice occupied.

So xplain ur theory
Re: Antarctica: A Trip To The Coldest, Windiest, And Driest Continent On The Planet. by cirmuell(m): 7:45am On Mar 23, 2016
Brigadier7:
Apc and Pdp, Election Violence, fall of Naira, unemployment, basic amenities etc Bros we get more serious issue!! Other countries are gonna remove our flag wen we mount it there
gringrin
Re: Antarctica: A Trip To The Coldest, Windiest, And Driest Continent On The Planet. by Liljeez(m): 8:04am On Mar 23, 2016
Explorers we made fp oh
Re: Antarctica: A Trip To The Coldest, Windiest, And Driest Continent On The Planet. by Brannyslim: 8:06am On Mar 23, 2016
Explorers:
You cannot work in Antarctica unless you have had your wisdom teeth and appendix removed.
quote author=CassieV post=43971549]
Why's that? [/quote]

People with emerging wisdom teeth will notice that the pain increases during the cold. The pain is intense in the night meaning cold temperature has a way of inducing pain on growing teeth.

1 Like

Re: Antarctica: A Trip To The Coldest, Windiest, And Driest Continent On The Planet. by erusen: 8:15am On Mar 23, 2016
PUSIDRILA:
They are the two SuperFcuckers from the middleEast that have been Fvuccking up Africans and locked the black race in a Big Mental jail.
u nor get work
Re: Antarctica: A Trip To The Coldest, Windiest, And Driest Continent On The Planet. by erusen: 8:16am On Mar 23, 2016
PUSIDRILA:
They are the two SuperFcuckers from the middleEast that have been Fvuccking up Africans and locked the black race in a Big Mental jail.
OK oh
Re: Antarctica: A Trip To The Coldest, Windiest, And Driest Continent On The Planet. by Heart2heart(m): 8:17am On Mar 23, 2016
SO I TOOK THIS WISDOM TOOTH OF A THING TO QUORA, here are the responses from voyagers and people who work with the australia expedition department

first response: "many years ago I was denied by the Australian Antarctic Expedition because I still had my appendix. I was outraged at their stupidity. Until about 6 months later when my appendix burst.

I don't know whether it is still like this but occasionally I am asked to examine prospective Antarctic workers teeth to try and predict future problems".

second response: Realistically, it would be very wise to have both done before going to work there. If either caused you great trouble while you're there, you'd be useless until you were returned to a place where they could reasonably be addressed... and in the case of the appendix, you may very well die if it bursts before you can be transported to a hospital. Transporting you would be at great cost, and may - depending upon the weather - may also cost other lives.

third response: "False. I was cleared by the US Antarctic Program despite having wisdom teeth and an appendix. However, to get clearance, I did have to undergo a root canal for a tooth that had been marginal but otherwise fine with watchful waiting. The USAP medical/dental clearance program strives to identify conditions whose likelihood of becoming emergent during an Antarctic stay exceeds a certain threshold. Perhaps, in their experience, a normal appendix and stable wisdom teeth don't exceed that threshold."

The last respponse (throws more light):
"The British (British Antarctic Survey (BAS)) were the ones noted for this (this influenced the other Commonwealth Programs (well, the Kiwis at Scott Base (the guys in the yellow polar suits) can drive 2 miles over to the US base for their MD services for free)). 1) Their budget was not able to afford full time physicians in their bases. 2) No countries' budget can afford a full time dentist down there and dental problems which are considered avoidable in the first place and hence minor.

The US budget can afford 3 physicians for each of the 3 permanent bases, and MDs are in great demand for these positions and especially after a famous book when the over-winter Pole MD contracted breast cancer. The MDs are taught the basics of dental extractions but not much more. The MDs can't do more than basic meatball surgery. Hence other specialties such as (most notably) OB/GYNs are handled off continent as well. There have been a few hand waving exceptions among staff. I've been asked to write one recommendation for an MD applying for one of the MD slots (after he finished his other NSF obligations).

I'm chosen frozen from another country's Antarctic Program. We have our own national interests down there. Check with your own country's Antarctic Program requirements. "
gungab:
kudos to you explorer
the only thread I normally read back to back
but answer the teeth stuff, you mean for someone to survive there, wisdom teeth must be removed?
and which one be wisdom teeth

2 Likes

Re: Antarctica: A Trip To The Coldest, Windiest, And Driest Continent On The Planet. by erusen: 8:18am On Mar 23, 2016
RaptorX:
Because they don't want you and I and everyone else to know that the globe map of the world is utter bs. That is why the ice wall in Antarctica is heavily guarded, admiral Byrd flew past that wall in the early part of the last century and recalled that he saw thick forests and large elephant like land mammals, he flew 500 miles deep into Antarctica before he was forced to turn back when he was running low on fuel.
really,interesting
Re: Antarctica: A Trip To The Coldest, Windiest, And Driest Continent On The Planet. by fejikudz(m): 8:26am On Mar 23, 2016
interesting piece
Re: Antarctica: A Trip To The Coldest, Windiest, And Driest Continent On The Planet. by Chijosky(m): 8:30am On Mar 23, 2016
to tell you the truth when I saw the heading, automatically I know its coming from Explorer

Alubarika follow me pls..
Re: Antarctica: A Trip To The Coldest, Windiest, And Driest Continent On The Planet. by erusen: 8:34am On Mar 23, 2016
MetaHuman:
who else is at the receiving end, the mastermind and the beneficiary of continental slave trade that brought about Christianity to africa?

Anyway, That is not even the point.
The point is,

You admitted catholics done bad stuff to Africa, they left, yet you still embraced their legacy which is their crappy religion.

The same religion is preventing you from thinking straight. The religion made you see your brother as the enemy because he doesn't believe what you believe.. It stopped from questioning stuffs you should or know stuff you should.

While those that brought this crappy religion to you are moving away from the ideas by embracing science which is practically the best idea humans ever had, your fellow Africans still think death is mysterious and only this jewish or arab god that was forced on her by slave masters can explain death or one invincible earth kingdom which is unsearchable.

How long are we gonna continue to be lazy and wait around for the white to feed u with the information that they have gathered through science?
.I didn't say catholic did bad stuff in africa,i said they have done bad stuff in their history and slave trade(you go to Wikipedia and see what it was all about),
am not thinking straight because i told that slave trade had nothing to do with the Catholic church,I keep you to go to wikipedia and see it up for yourseft,who do say I was hating? questioning stuff like what exactly, so because am not an atheist like you I no longer think straight ?
nothing was forced on her by any slave master,its her life and none my business, why wasn't it also forced on you by the "slave master"
lazy you say,who is lazy the citizen who has graduated and have no job or the government? please spell all this emotional crap.
Re: Antarctica: A Trip To The Coldest, Windiest, And Driest Continent On The Planet. by Funjosh(m): 8:41am On Mar 23, 2016
KingRex1:
Why's that? Cos according to physics, when ice melts in a full glass of water, it doesnt overflows. The melted ice occupies same space the intial ice occupied.

So xplain ur theory

You have 50liters of water in a bowl filled to its brim, and you now melted some Ice into the water bowl no Jupiter will stop the overflow.
Re: Antarctica: A Trip To The Coldest, Windiest, And Driest Continent On The Planet. by Adek15(m): 8:42am On Mar 23, 2016
yetdam4ril:
Nice one op,tell us about Australia too.
I used to know that Australia is a country and a contingent on its own until I started hearing abt Oceania as the continent in which Australia is inside and other countries like Tahiti and new Zealand. Pls which 1 is correct?
Re: Antarctica: A Trip To The Coldest, Windiest, And Driest Continent On The Planet. by Nobody: 8:50am On Mar 23, 2016
erusen:
.I didn't say catholic did bad stuff in africa,i said they have done bad stuff in their history and slave trade(you go to Wikipedia and see what it was all about),
am not thinking straight because i told that slave trade had nothing to do with the Catholic church,I keep you to go to wikipedia and see it up for yourseft,who do say I was hating? questioning stuff like what exactly, so because am not an atheist like you I no longer think straight ?
nothing was forced on her by any slave master,its her life and none my business, why wasn't it also forced on you by the "slave master"
lazy you say,who is lazy the citizen who has graduated and have no job or the government? please spell all this emotional crap.
your case is even worse.. DENIAL.
Re: Antarctica: A Trip To The Coldest, Windiest, And Driest Continent On The Planet. by Heart2heart(m): 8:50am On Mar 23, 2016
Auto-appendectomy in the Antarctic: case report

The Russian surgeon Leonid Rogozov’s self operation, undertaken without any other medical professional around, was a testament to determination and the will to life

“A job like any other, a life like any other”
"—Leonid Rogozov"

The ship Ob, with the sixth Soviet Antarctic expedition on board, sailed from Leningrad on 5 November 1960. After 36 days at sea she decanted part of the expedition onto the ice shelf on the Princess Astrid Coast. Their task was to build a new Antarctic polar base inland at Schirmacher Oasis and overwinter there. After nine weeks, on 18 February 1961, the new base, called Novolazarevskaya, was opened.

They finished just in time. The polar winter was already descending, bringing months of darkness, snowstorms, and extreme frosts. The sea had frozen over. The ship had sailed and would not be back for a year. Contact with the outside world was no longer possible. Through the long winter the 12 residents of Novolazarevskaya would have only themselves to rely on.

One of the expedition’s members was the 27 year old Leningrad surgeon Leonid Ivanovich Rogozov. He had interrupted a promising scholarly career and left on the expedition shortly before he was due to defend his dissertation on new methods of operating on cancer of the oesophagus. In the Antarctic he was first and foremost the team’s doctor, although he also served as the meteorologist and the driver of their terrain vehicle.
29 April 1961

After several weeks Rogozov fell ill. He noticed symptoms of weakness, malaise, nausea, and, later, pain in the upper part of his abdomen, which shifted to the right lower quadrant. His body temperature rose to 37.5°C.1 2 Rogozov wrote in his diary:

“It seems that I have appendicitis. I am keeping quiet about it, even smiling. Why frighten my friends? Who could be of help? A polar explorer’s only encounter with medicine is likely to have been in a dentist’s chair.”

As a surgeon Rogozov had no difficulty diagnosing acute appendicitis. In this situation, however, it was a cruel trick of fate. He knew that if he was to survive he had to undergo an operation. But he was in the frontier conditions of a newly founded Antarctic colony on the brink of the polar night. Transportation was impossible. Flying was out of the question, because of the snowstorms. And there was one further problem: he was the only physician on the base.

30 April

All the available conservative treatment was applied (antibiotics, local cooling), but the patient’s general condition was getting worse: his body temperature rose, vomiting became more frequent.1 2

“I did not sleep at all last night. It hurts like the devil! A snowstorm whipping through my soul, wailing like a hundred jackals. Still no obvious symptoms that perforation is imminent, but an oppressive feeling of foreboding hangs over me . . . This is it . . . I have to think through the only possible way out: to operate on myself . . . It’s almost impossible . . . but I can’t just fold my arms and give up.

“18.30. I’ve never felt so awful in my entire life. The building is shaking like a small toy in the storm. The guys have found out. They keep coming by to calm me down. And I’m upset with myself—I’ve spoiled everyone’s holiday. Tomorrow is May Day. And now everyone’s running around, preparing the autoclave. We have to sterilise the bedding, because we’re going to operate.

“20.30. I’m getting worse. I’ve told the guys. Now they’ll start taking everything we don’t need out of the room.”
Preparation for the operation

Following Rogozov’s instructions, the team members assembled an improvised operating theatre. They moved everything out of Rogozov’s room, leaving only his bed, two tables, and a table lamp. The aerologists Fedor Kabot and Robert Pyzhov flooded the room thoroughly with ultraviolet lighting and sterilised the bed linen and instruments.

As well as Rogozov, the meteorologist Alexandr Artemev, the mechanic Zinovy Teplinsky, and the station director, Vladislav Gerbovich, were selected to undergo a sterile wash. Rogozov explained how the operation would proceed and assigned them tasks: Artemev would hand him instruments; Teplinsky would hold the mirror and adjust the lighting with the table lamp; Gerbovich was there in reserve, in case nausea overcame either of the assistants. In the event that Rogozov lost consciousness, he instructed his team how to inject him with drugs using the syringes he had prepared and how to provide artificial ventilation. Then he gave Artemev and Teplinsky a surgical wash himself, disinfected their hands, and put on their rubber gloves for them.

When the preparations were complete Rogozov scrubbed and positioned himself. He chose a semi-reclining position, with his right hip slightly elevated and the lower half of the body elevated at an angle of 30°. Then he disinfected and dressed the operating area. He anticipated needing to use his sense of touch to guide him and thus decided to work without gloves.

The operation[size=12pt][/size]

The operation began at 2 am local time. Rogozov first infiltrated the layers of abdominal wall with 20 ml of 0.5% procaine, using several injections. After 15 minutes he made a 10-12 cm incision. The visibility in the depth of the wound was not ideal; sometimes he had to raise his head to obtain a better view or to use the mirror, but for the most part he worked by feel. After 30-40 minutes Rogozov started to take short breaks because of general weakness and vertigo. Finally he removed the severely affected appendix. He applied antibiotics in the peritoneal cavity and closed the wound. The operation itself lasted an hour and 45 minutes.1 2 Partway through, Gerbovich called in Yuri Vereshchagin to take photographs of the operation.
BMJ 2009; 339:b4965 doi: 10.1136/bmj.b4965 (Published 15 December 2009)
Cite this as: BMJ 2009; 339:b4965

Feature

Christmas 2009

Auto-appendectomy in the Antarctic: case report

Vladislav Rogozov, consultant anaesthetist12, Neil Bermel, professor of Russian and Slavonic studies3

+
Author Affiliations

1Department of Anaesthetics, Sheffield Teaching Hospitals, Sheffield S10 2JF
2Department of Anaesthesiology and Resuscitation, Cardiac Centre, Institute of Clinical and Experimental Medicine, Prague, 140 21, Czech Republic
3Department of Russian and Slavonic Studies, University of Sheffield, Sheffield S37RA

Correspondence to: V Rogozov v.rogozov@sheffield.ac.uk

The Russian surgeon Leonid Rogozov’s self operation, undertaken without any other medical professional around, was a testament to determination and the will to life

“A job like any other, a life like any other”
"—Leonid Rogozov"

The ship Ob, with the sixth Soviet Antarctic expedition on board, sailed from Leningrad on 5 November 1960. After 36 days at sea she decanted part of the expedition onto the ice shelf on the Princess Astrid Coast. Their task was to build a new Antarctic polar base inland at Schirmacher Oasis and overwinter there. After nine weeks, on 18 February 1961, the new base, called Novolazarevskaya, was opened.

They finished just in time. The polar winter was already descending, bringing months of darkness, snowstorms, and extreme frosts. The sea had frozen over. The ship had sailed and would not be back for a year. Contact with the outside world was no longer possible. Through the long winter the 12 residents of Novolazarevskaya would have only themselves to rely on.

One of the expedition’s members was the 27 year old Leningrad surgeon Leonid Ivanovich Rogozov. He had interrupted a promising scholarly career and left on the expedition shortly before he was due to defend his dissertation on new methods of operating on cancer of the oesophagus. In the Antarctic he was first and foremost the team’s doctor, although he also served as the meteorologist and the driver of their terrain vehicle.
29 April 1961

After several weeks Rogozov fell ill. He noticed symptoms of weakness, malaise, nausea, and, later, pain in the upper part of his abdomen, which shifted to the right lower quadrant. His body temperature rose to 37.5°C.1 2 Rogozov wrote in his diary:

“It seems that I have appendicitis. I am keeping quiet about it, even smiling. Why frighten my friends? Who could be of help? A polar explorer’s only encounter with medicine is likely to have been in a dentist’s chair.”

As a surgeon Rogozov had no difficulty diagnosing acute appendicitis. In this situation, however, it was a cruel trick of fate. He knew that if he was to survive he had to undergo an operation. But he was in the frontier conditions of a newly founded Antarctic colony on the brink of the polar night. Transportation was impossible. Flying was out of the question, because of the snowstorms. And there was one further problem: he was the only physician on the base.
30 April

All the available conservative treatment was applied (antibiotics, local cooling), but the patient’s general condition was getting worse: his body temperature rose, vomiting became more frequent.1 2

“I did not sleep at all last night. It hurts like the devil! A snowstorm whipping through my soul, wailing like a hundred jackals. Still no obvious symptoms that perforation is imminent, but an oppressive feeling of foreboding hangs over me . . . This is it . . . I have to think through the only possible way out: to operate on myself . . . It’s almost impossible . . . but I can’t just fold my arms and give up.

“18.30. I’ve never felt so awful in my entire life. The building is shaking like a small toy in the storm. The guys have found out. They keep coming by to calm me down. And I’m upset with myself—I’ve spoiled everyone’s holiday. Tomorrow is May Day. And now everyone’s running around, preparing the autoclave. We have to sterilise the bedding, because we’re going to operate.

“20.30. I’m getting worse. I’ve told the guys. Now they’ll start taking everything we don’t need out of the room.”
Preparation for the operation

Following Rogozov’s instructions, the team members assembled an improvised operating theatre. They moved everything out of Rogozov’s room, leaving only his bed, two tables, and a table lamp. The aerologists Fedor Kabot and Robert Pyzhov flooded the room thoroughly with ultraviolet lighting and sterilised the bed linen and instruments.

As well as Rogozov, the meteorologist Alexandr Artemev, the mechanic Zinovy Teplinsky, and the station director, Vladislav Gerbovich, were selected to undergo a sterile wash. Rogozov explained how the operation would proceed and assigned them tasks: Artemev would hand him instruments; Teplinsky would hold the mirror and adjust the lighting with the table lamp; Gerbovich was there in reserve, in case nausea overcame either of the assistants. In the event that Rogozov lost consciousness, he instructed his team how to inject him with drugs using the syringes he had prepared and how to provide artificial ventilation. Then he gave Artemev and Teplinsky a surgical wash himself, disinfected their hands, and put on their rubber gloves for them.

When the preparations were complete Rogozov scrubbed and positioned himself. He chose a semi-reclining position, with his right hip slightly elevated and the lower half of the body elevated at an angle of 30°. Then he disinfected and dressed the operating area. He anticipated needing to use his sense of touch to guide him and thus decided to work without gloves.
The operation

The operation began at 2 am local time. Rogozov first infiltrated the layers of abdominal wall with 20 ml of 0.5% procaine, using several injections. After 15 minutes he made a 10-12 cm incision. The visibility in the depth of the wound was not ideal; sometimes he had to raise his head to obtain a better view or to use the mirror, but for the most part he worked by feel. After 30-40 minutes Rogozov started to take short breaks because of general weakness and vertigo. Finally he removed the severely affected appendix. He applied antibiotics in the peritoneal cavity and closed the wound. The operation itself lasted an hour and 45 minutes.1 2 Partway through, Gerbovich called in Yuri Vereshchagin to take photographs of the operation.

Gerbovich wrote in his diary that night3:

“When Rogozov had made the incision and was manipulating his own innards as he removed the appendix, his intestine gurgled, which was highly unpleasant for us; it made one want to turn away, flee, not look—but I kept my head and stayed. Artemev and Teplinsky also held their places, although it later turned out they had both gone quite dizzy and were close to fainting . . . Rogozov himself was calm and focused on his work, but sweat was running down his face and he frequently asked Teplinsky to wipe his forehead . . . The operation ended at 4 am local time. By the end, Rogozov was very pale and obviously tired, but he finished everything off.”
After the operation

Afterwards Rogozov showed his assistants how to wash and put away the instruments and other materials. Once everything was complete, he took sleeping tablets and lay down for a rest. The next day his temperature was 38.1°C; he described his condition as “moderately poor” but overall he felt better. He continued taking antibiotics. After four days his excretory function came back to normal and signs of localised peritonitis disappeared. After five days his temperature was normal; after a week he removed the stitches.1 2 Within two weeks he was able to return to his normal duties and to his diary.

8 May 1961

“I didn’t permit myself to think about anything other than the task at hand. It was necessary to steel myself, steel myself firmly and grit my teeth. In the event that I lost consciousness, I’d given Sasha Artemev a syringe and shown him how to give me an injection. I chose a position half sitting. I explained to Zinovy Teplinsky how to hold the mirror. My poor assistants! At the last minute I looked over at them: they stood there in their surgical whites, whiter than white themselves. I was scared too. But when I picked up the needle with the novocaine and gave myself the first injection, somehow I automatically switched into operating mode, and from that point on I didn’t notice anything else.

“I worked without gloves. It was hard to see. The mirror helps, but it also hinders—after all, it’s showing things backwards. I work mainly by touch. The bleeding is quite heavy, but I take my time—I try to work surely. Opening the peritoneum, I injured the blind gut and had to sew it up. Suddenly it flashed through my mind: there are more injuries here and I didn’t notice them . . . I grow weaker and weaker, my head starts to spin. Every 4-5 minutes I rest for 20-25 seconds. Finally, here it is, the cursed appendage! With horror I notice the dark stain at its base. That means just a day longer and it would have burst and . . .

“At the worst moment of removing the appendix I flagged: my heart seized up and noticeably slowed; my hands felt like rubber. Well, I thought, it’s going to end badly. And all that was left was removing the appendix . . .

“And then I realised that, basically, I was already saved.”

Leaving Antarctica

More than a year later the Novolazarevskaya team left Antarctica, and on 29 May 1962 their ship docked at Leningrad harbour. The next day Rogozov returned to his work at the clinic. Shortly thereafter he successfully defended his dissertation. He worked and taught in the Department of General Surgery of the First Leningrad Medical Institute. He never returned to the Antarctic and died in St Petersburg, as Leningrad had by then become, on 21 September 2000.
The boundary of the humanly possible

There are some references to auto-appendectomies in the literature. The earliest one was possibly that performed by Dr Kane in 1921 (although the operation was completed by his assistants).4 5 We know that Rogozov had not heard about it before he performed his operation.

Rogozov’s self operation was probably the first such successful act undertaken in the wilderness, out of hospital settings, with no possibility of outside help, and without any other medical professional around. It remains an example of determination and the human will for life. In later years Rogozov himself rejected all glorification of his deed. When thoughts like these were put to him, he usually answered with a smile and the words: “A job like any other, a life like any other.”6

Re: Antarctica: A Trip To The Coldest, Windiest, And Driest Continent On The Planet. by Nobody: 8:55am On Mar 23, 2016
U get work.
erusen:
u nor get work
Re: Antarctica: A Trip To The Coldest, Windiest, And Driest Continent On The Planet. by erusen: 8:57am On Mar 23, 2016
PUSIDRILA:
U get work.
hahahaha,wentin you say make I talk
Re: Antarctica: A Trip To The Coldest, Windiest, And Driest Continent On The Planet. by Churchillsaug(m): 9:00am On Mar 23, 2016
MetaHuman:
see .. So much for someone that knows his history but kept shouting mirror.

Lemme indulge you once more on this before I let you wallow in your ignorance. 70% of slaves from Africa were kidnapped and 30% were through other means like selling humans for mirrors and gun powders and stuff.
90% of these slave traders were Catholics and crusaders.

Without catholics introducing you to christianity through violence, tricks, slavery and invasion, you probably won't know about Jesus let alone have your own Protestant church today. That made you think you are not catholic.. So thank the Catholics for enslaving you mentally.

I hope you have learnt something.

Any other rants will be duely ignored. No time for fruitless argument.
to be sincere with u, I never supported u for once, because I am a christian, a die hard christian. But I think u made sense here. If the catholic did not force us into christianity by violence, scope, preaching and stuffs, we could'nt have known anything about christianity because it came from they, they brouth it to us, we knew nothing about it. They were using crusaders that time to force people into it.... I am a christian. But I dnt argue religion because I've not known anything about it, I am still learning. The thing that mostly freaks me out about christians is that most of us dont have facts, it is only based on belief and u cant argue based on belief with someone that have facts. Most of the christians does not even know how this church things came about. I think those protestants were the group that broke out from catholic and started giving birth to all other churches that full everywere now. I'm still following u though
Re: Antarctica: A Trip To The Coldest, Windiest, And Driest Continent On The Planet. by erusen: 9:05am On Mar 23, 2016
MetaHuman:
your case is even worse.. DENIAL.
please,am not an hater like u that accuse something of a crime It didn't commit,simply because I don't like it,show me wikipedia proofs and u resorted to am not thinking straight and "Africa's problem" blah and emotional rant,i thought u said you have preffered not have contacted the europeans?and will be still living in a primitive tribe mtceeev.
Re: Antarctica: A Trip To The Coldest, Windiest, And Driest Continent On The Planet. by erusen: 9:07am On Mar 23, 2016
Adek15:
I used to know that Australia is a country and a contingent on its own until I started hearing abt Oceania as the continent in which Australia is inside and other countries like Tahiti and new Zealand. Pls which 1 is correct?
yea I think sp
Re: Antarctica: A Trip To The Coldest, Windiest, And Driest Continent On The Planet. by erusen: 9:07am On Mar 23, 2016
Adek15:
yea I think so
Re: Antarctica: A Trip To The Coldest, Windiest, And Driest Continent On The Planet. by Adek15(m): 9:08am On Mar 23, 2016
@op, If south pole, Antarctica is a continent. Is north pole, arctic also a continent?
Pls pardon my ignorance.
Re: Antarctica: A Trip To The Coldest, Windiest, And Driest Continent On The Planet. by Adek15(m): 9:10am On Mar 23, 2016
erusen:
yea I think so
you think so? I don't get you
Re: Antarctica: A Trip To The Coldest, Windiest, And Driest Continent On The Planet. by erusen: 9:18am On Mar 23, 2016
Adek15:
you think so? I don't get you
pardon,Oceania is different from Australia(which is a continent where Australia country and island such as new gunea,team belong to),new Zealand does no belong to Australia.
Re: Antarctica: A Trip To The Coldest, Windiest, And Driest Continent On The Planet. by mekybabe1: 9:22am On Mar 23, 2016
Pls which countries are found in the Antarctica?
Re: Antarctica: A Trip To The Coldest, Windiest, And Driest Continent On The Planet. by agarawu23(m): 9:37am On Mar 23, 2016
helphelp:
Forget igbo men dey dia dey do business
grin
Re: Antarctica: A Trip To The Coldest, Windiest, And Driest Continent On The Planet. by justjify(m): 9:40am On Mar 23, 2016
Oya, over to you igbo men, now that the heat has increased and no light go and start importing iceblock (to cool our drinks)from there before its too late.
Re: Antarctica: A Trip To The Coldest, Windiest, And Driest Continent On The Planet. by Mekurexx: 9:52am On Mar 23, 2016
Very informative! kiss
Re: Antarctica: A Trip To The Coldest, Windiest, And Driest Continent On The Planet. by Mekurexx: 9:56am On Mar 23, 2016
This guy was Russian not Australia. I read his story on BBC News. He did a self-operation. Faced with the consequence of death except he carried out an operation
Explorers:

The requirement dates from the 1950s, when an Australian Antarctic doctor developed appendicitis on an expedition on the antarctic and required a very challenging evacuation back to Australia(nearest civilization), he was forced to remove his own appendix as he was the only doctor on the team. Most times they have only one or no doctor in Antarctica stations. But i dont know much about the teeth.

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (Reply)

Lonely Part Of Canada No One Bothers To Tell / Man Narrates The Kind Of Wonder Creatures Living In The Ocean / Living In The USA - Life Of An Immigrant Part 1

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 84
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.