Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,597 members, 7,820,144 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 10:21 AM

Antarctica: A Trip To The Coldest, Windiest, And Driest Continent On The Planet. - Travel (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Antarctica: A Trip To The Coldest, Windiest, And Driest Continent On The Planet. (79853 Views)

A Trip With My Girlfriend To Obudu Cattle Ranch (pictures) / A Trip To Ogbunike Cave, Anambra State / A Trip To Gberefun Village, Badagry, Lagos (Video, Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Antarctica: A Trip To The Coldest, Windiest, And Driest Continent On The Planet. by IamforGod: 11:01pm On Mar 22, 2016
MetaHuman:
you tell me

You should ask ur scientists.

Am not against u being an atheist just don't condemn the God people believe.

P.s: I pray to him and He answers by fire what more do I need
Re: Antarctica: A Trip To The Coldest, Windiest, And Driest Continent On The Planet. by Nobody: 11:02pm On Mar 22, 2016
erusen:
no, "god" is eternal,the universe is not(big bang principle)
Lao.. Eternal.. What does that even mean? grin if a perfect god appears from no where by chance and started creating stuff, why can't a perfect universe appear by chance too? Please go to bed.

1 Like

Re: Antarctica: A Trip To The Coldest, Windiest, And Driest Continent On The Planet. by Nobody: 11:04pm On Mar 22, 2016
bxcode:

God gat more answers than Google sir. Actually you are the one that needs to be enlightened as you are just being pain ignorant because even the scientists that conduct some of these research acknowledge the that there must be a creator who made all these things. Do you know the number of new discoveries that are made daily in different spheres of live after scientists have thought they have exhausted all that needed to be known?
Wake up! There is a God who created the heavens and the earth, whether you believe it or not is your own choice tho.
k
Re: Antarctica: A Trip To The Coldest, Windiest, And Driest Continent On The Planet. by Liljeez(m): 11:04pm On Mar 22, 2016
rubsaphy:
I feel cold just reading this....
U want me to warm you up?
Re: Antarctica: A Trip To The Coldest, Windiest, And Driest Continent On The Planet. by Nobody: 11:07pm On Mar 22, 2016
IamforGod:

You should ask ur scientists.

Am not against u being an atheist just don't condemn the God people believe.

P.s: I pray to him and He answers by fire what more do I need
I think spider man created nature.. Happy now? Continent of lazy black people grin
Re: Antarctica: A Trip To The Coldest, Windiest, And Driest Continent On The Planet. by Nobody: 11:07pm On Mar 22, 2016
Explorers:
If Antarctica's ice sheets melted, the worlds oceans would rise by 60 to 65 meters (200 - 210ft) everywhere. And that's a disaster.

Wow, this one is fearfully interesting.
Re: Antarctica: A Trip To The Coldest, Windiest, And Driest Continent On The Planet. by erusen: 11:08pm On Mar 22, 2016
MetaHuman:
yawns.. After you read about catholism.. Come back and talk..

The likes of ajayi crowther that translates English to Yoruba bible and helps perfect Igbo letters, how did he become a christian? Again know your history and emancipate yourself from mental slavery. For the record. Industrial age abolished slavery not bible.. The whites found no use for those niggers thanks to machines. Hence the need to abolish slavery technically ..
see your life,abeg give wikipedia proof of your claims or ......,like I said stop using the "white man" technology, am not a catholic,I know more about it than you probably(let's not even go there), I also know my history about our your *beloved" anscestors sold to their kind for "mirror" and "guns" and you here crying slavery.am a mental slave for telling you history?,"mental slavery" is overrated. you see what hatred as reduce your life to,distorting history just to for your views like I said give Wikipedia proof on how slavery in america ended.
Re: Antarctica: A Trip To The Coldest, Windiest, And Driest Continent On The Planet. by Alagbeola2003: 11:11pm On Mar 22, 2016
Educative
Re: Antarctica: A Trip To The Coldest, Windiest, And Driest Continent On The Planet. by Liljeez(m): 11:11pm On Mar 22, 2016
hamzeiy:
wetin come be the difference btw northpole and antartica.. i need to b educated..i tut they were thesame
North pole is up

antartica is in d south pole which is down
Re: Antarctica: A Trip To The Coldest, Windiest, And Driest Continent On The Planet. by Nobody: 11:12pm On Mar 22, 2016
Explorers:
Antarctica is the only continent without a time zone.

So how does one record time there, in relative to the rest of the world, is there no night and day there?
Re: Antarctica: A Trip To The Coldest, Windiest, And Driest Continent On The Planet. by Nobody: 11:13pm On Mar 22, 2016
erusen:
see your life,abeg give wikipedia proof of your claims or ......,like I said stop using the "white man" technology, am not a catholic,I know more about it than you probably(let's not even go there), I also know my history about our your *beloved" anscestors sold to their kind for "mirror" and "guns" and you here crying slavery.am a mental slave for telling you history?,"mental slavery" is overrated. you see what hatred as reduce your life to,distorting history just to for your views like I said give Wikipedia proof on how slavery in america ended.
yawnz.. Lots of words yet nothing.

Come back when you read those things I asked you and how that catholicsm made you a christian you are ..

Technology or science generally does not belong to whites or anyone.. Stop talking like a kid.
Re: Antarctica: A Trip To The Coldest, Windiest, And Driest Continent On The Planet. by vislabraye(m): 11:14pm On Mar 22, 2016
Very nice thread.
Re: Antarctica: A Trip To The Coldest, Windiest, And Driest Continent On The Planet. by erusen: 11:16pm On Mar 22, 2016
MetaHuman:
Lao.. Eternal.. What does that even mean? grin if a perfect god appears from no where by chance and started creating stuff, why can't a perfect universe appear by chance too? Please go to bed.
I just told you why and you ask me the meaning of "eternal",do u even know the meaning of implication of "big bang",oops its like is past your bed time,don't be late for school tommorrow because u are injected your passion into your ignorance.
Re: Antarctica: A Trip To The Coldest, Windiest, And Driest Continent On The Planet. by jahB(m): 11:17pm On Mar 22, 2016
Explorers:
The average thickness of ice in Antarctica is about 1 mile (1.6 km).

what if the Earth is flat no curvature and Antartica was the ice wall that goes around the earth holding the water in
Re: Antarctica: A Trip To The Coldest, Windiest, And Driest Continent On The Planet. by dammyshaggs: 11:21pm On Mar 22, 2016
Funjosh:
That is where I want to go for my Honey Moon cool cool

lol..............na water go carry u and ur wife go..y u no kuku ma do am 4 moon or sun!!!!!!!!!!!
Re: Antarctica: A Trip To The Coldest, Windiest, And Driest Continent On The Planet. by Djbaka(m): 11:23pm On Mar 22, 2016
MetaHuman:
I don't have time for fruitless argument with someone that is already programmed to believe god did everything.. If you want to know stuff.. Read books.. Do research.. Knowledge use yo be expensive but thanks to technology.. Its now free. I'm not gonna school a wall.

You are not hopeless. Grace will find you, someday.
Re: Antarctica: A Trip To The Coldest, Windiest, And Driest Continent On The Planet. by RaptorX: 11:24pm On Mar 22, 2016
jahB:

what if the Earth is flat no curvature and Antartica was the ice wall that goes around the earth holding the water in
You know what's up... Antarctica is the edge of the flat earth and the earth extends into infinity when that edge is crossed. Why nobody is allowed to get to that ice wall which is heavily guarded and you need express permission from the world government to even go to Antarctica proper.

3 Likes

Re: Antarctica: A Trip To The Coldest, Windiest, And Driest Continent On The Planet. by erusen: 11:24pm On Mar 22, 2016
MetaHuman:
yawnz.. Lots of words yet nothing.

Come back when you read those things I asked you and how that catholicsm made you a christian you are ..

Technology or science generally does not belong to whites or anyone.. Stop talking like a kid.
for f**k sake am not catholic,and I know its history,we talking slave trade and you are mentioning catholic,was catholic that told you to sell your kind for "mirrors " and "gunpowder"?.hahahaha did u say technology does not belong to any one,nigga please hahaha.nothing we nor dey see for niaraland,tell me one single invention your anscestors made?,the same white you are hating, the catholic church you are hating, are the reason for science and technology, meanwhile you are saying bible did not stop slavery give Wikipedia proof?even till today no single invention from Africa and u are saying science does not belong to anyone,hahaha nigga.
Re: Antarctica: A Trip To The Coldest, Windiest, And Driest Continent On The Planet. by sweetguy10(m): 11:26pm On Mar 22, 2016
The Big Bang theory , hmmm chai I don lazy o .. Need to dust my books
Re: Antarctica: A Trip To The Coldest, Windiest, And Driest Continent On The Planet. by erusen: 11:26pm On Mar 22, 2016
RaptorX:
You know what's up... Antarctica is the edge of the flat earth and the earth extends into infinity when that edge is crossed. Why nobody is allowed to get to that ice wall which is heavily guarded and you need express permission from the world government to even go to Antarctica proper.
why do we even need permission

1 Like

Re: Antarctica: A Trip To The Coldest, Windiest, And Driest Continent On The Planet. by erusen: 11:27pm On Mar 22, 2016
sweetguy10:
The Big Bang theory , hmmm chai I don lazy o .. Need to dust my books

hahaha naso oh,man need to Read
Re: Antarctica: A Trip To The Coldest, Windiest, And Driest Continent On The Planet. by Nobody: 11:31pm On Mar 22, 2016
erusen:
I just told you why and you ask me the meaning of "eternal",do u even know the meaning of implication of "big bang",oops its like is past your bed time,don't be late for school tommorrow because u are injected your passion into your ignorance.
Lol.. The question means, how does eternal relate to it. You don't even know what eternal means.

Anything eternal has a beginning. Anything thay doesnt have a begining doesnt exist. You create a computer that lasts all eternity, It still has a beginning but no one knows when it will end. The universe might be eternal but no one knows but it also has its own beginning .. That is something that we can all see or doesn't needs special faith to see. God is eternal fine, Agreed. How did he/it start? By chance or someone created it to last all eternerty?

1 Like

Re: Antarctica: A Trip To The Coldest, Windiest, And Driest Continent On The Planet. by Nobody: 11:34pm On Mar 22, 2016
Dharniel:

1. Our premolars and 1st molar do the majority of chewing
2. There is a concept called The shortened dental arch by which a few dentists believe that even the 2nd molars are not necessary for the chewing process to take place
3. The 3rd molars are vestigial.
4. They are also the most problematic teeth in the oral cavity.
5. Most often there is insufficient space for its eruption leading to impaction which can lead to pericoronitis,abscess and other such complications
6. Access to dentists is difficult in Antarctica.
7. The pain that pericorinitis causes is so severe that the person might start considering coming back to their homeland in search of a good dentist. wink
8. Hence it is wiser to remove that tooth that serves no purpose, but can cause a lot of complication. This is probably why they remove the wisdom tooth before allowing a person to work in Antarctica.
9. The same goes for appendix I guess. It is vestigial too and appendicitis is not uncommon. Vestigial parts can cause unnecessary havoc and gives no benefit.Thus it is wiser to remove them in conditions like this. I am not sure if this is the reason. But I guess this could be a reason

Re: Antarctica: A Trip To The Coldest, Windiest, And Driest Continent On The Planet. by Nobody: 11:35pm On Mar 22, 2016
Dharniel:

1. Our premolars and 1st molar do the majority of chewing
2. There is a concept called The shortened dental arch by which a few dentists believe that even the 2nd molars are not necessary for the chewing process to take place
3. The 3rd molars are vestigial.
4. They are also the most problematic teeth in the oral cavity.
5. Most often there is insufficient space for its eruption leading to impaction which can lead to pericoronitis,abscess and other such complications
6. Access to dentists is difficult in Antarctica.
7. The pain that pericorinitis causes is so severe that the person might start considering coming back to their homeland in search of a good dentist. wink
8. Hence it is wiser to remove that tooth that serves no purpose, but can cause a lot of complication. This is probably why they remove the wisdom tooth before allowing a person to work in Antarctica.
9. The same goes for appendix I guess. It is vestigial too and appendicitis is not uncommon. Vestigial parts can cause unnecessary havoc and gives no benefit.Thus it is wiser to remove them in conditions like this. I am not sure if this is the reason. But I guess this could be a reason

sorry to ask bro..but why is the wisdom tooth called WISDOM? sad
Re: Antarctica: A Trip To The Coldest, Windiest, And Driest Continent On The Planet. by eminikansoso(m): 11:37pm On Mar 22, 2016
Explorers:
Antarctica is the only continent without reptiles and insects.
you mean no mosquitoes
Re: Antarctica: A Trip To The Coldest, Windiest, And Driest Continent On The Planet. by Nobody: 11:44pm On Mar 22, 2016
erusen:
for f**k sake am not catholic,and I know its history,we talking slave trade and you are mentioning catholic,was catholic that told you to sell your kind for "mirrors " and "gunpowder"?.hahahaha did u say technology does not belong to any one,nigga please hahaha.nothing we nor dey see for niaraland,tell me one single invention your anscestors made?,the same white you are hating, the catholic church you are hating, are the reason for science and technology, meanwhile you are saying bible did not stop slavery give Wikipedia proof?even till today no single invention from Africa and u are saying science does not belong to anyone,hahaha nigga.
see .. So much for someone that knows his history but kept shouting mirror.

Lemme indulge you once more on this before I let you wallow in your ignorance. 70% of slaves from Africa were kidnapped and 30% were through other means like selling humans for mirrors and gun powders and stuff.
90% of these slave traders were Catholics and crusaders.

Without catholics introducing you to christianity through violence, tricks, slavery and invasion, you probably won't know about Jesus let alone have your own Protestant church today. That made you think you are not catholic.. So thank the Catholics for enslaving you mentally.

I hope you have learnt something.

Any other rants will be duely ignored. No time for fruitless argument.
Re: Antarctica: A Trip To The Coldest, Windiest, And Driest Continent On The Planet. by uncjay(m): 11:47pm On Mar 22, 2016
Explorers:

The requirement dates from the 1950s, when an Australian Antarctic doctor developed appendicitis on an expedition on the antarctic and required a very challenging evacuation back to Australia(nearest civilization), he was forced to remove his own appendix as he was the only doctor on the team. Most times they have only one or no doctor in Antarctica stations. But i dont know much about the teeth.

Please I don't understand, how is the appendix affecting health there that it must removed?
Re: Antarctica: A Trip To The Coldest, Windiest, And Driest Continent On The Planet. by erusen: 11:48pm On Mar 22, 2016
MetaHuman:
Lol.. The question means, how does eternal relate to it. You don't even know what eternal means.

Anything eternal has a beginning. Anything thay doesnt have a begining doesnt exist. You create a computer that lasts all eternity. It still has a beginning but no one knows when it will end. The universe might be eternal but no one knows but it also has its own beginning .. That is something that we can all see or needs special faith to see. God is eternal fine, Agreed. How did he/it start? By chance or someone created it to last all eternerty?
u don't seem to get do you,anything eternal does not have a beginning, during the late 19¶ and 20¶ century the prevalent belief was that our universe is eternal(that it was never created) the theory was called steady state theory,but during the 90s the big bang theory gain more popularity and with the recent discovery of gravitation waves has now made it a universal principle,u say something came into existence with a big bang means it has a beginning unlike "eternal" which u are confusing with immortal.God is an uncaused cause,allophrotic principle futher boasten the uniqueness of our universe,the laws of physics cannot come from chaos.let something explode and let's see if organization will come from it.God does have a beginning that is what eternal means but the same can't be said for our universe.

2 Likes

Re: Antarctica: A Trip To The Coldest, Windiest, And Driest Continent On The Planet. by mikejegede(m): 11:50pm On Mar 22, 2016
undecidedFor me,I believe Antarctica is a deep freezer owned by GOD.that's were he is storing the water (FLOOD) he used in destroying the earth during the time of NOAH...So if I were u guys,I'll pray against global warming....
Re: Antarctica: A Trip To The Coldest, Windiest, And Driest Continent On The Planet. by erusen: 11:51pm On Mar 22, 2016
MetaHuman:
see .. So much for someone that knows his history but kept shouting mirror.

Lemme indulge you once more on this before I let you wallow in your ignorance. 70% of slaves from Africa were kidnapped and 30% were through other means like selling humans for mirrors and gun powders and stuff.
90% of these slave traders were Catholics and crusaders.

Without catholics introducing you to christianity through violence, tricks slavery and invasion, you probably won't known about Jesus let alone have your own Protestant church today. That made you think you are not catholic.. So thank the Catholics for enslaving you mentally.

I hope you have learnt something.

Any other rants will be duely ignored. No time for fruitless argument.
please give Me wikipedia proof on slavery in Africa.the catholics church has done horrible things to humanity no doubt but to say the cause slavery Africa was their doong is an extraordinary claim that require an extraordinary wikipedia evidence
Re: Antarctica: A Trip To The Coldest, Windiest, And Driest Continent On The Planet. by erusen: 11:53pm On Mar 22, 2016
mikejegede:
undecidedFor me,I believe Antarctica is a deep freezer owned by GOD.that's were he is storing the water (FLOOD) he used in destroying the earth during the time of NOAH...So if I were u guys,I'll pray against global warming....
please nigga what the f**k are u saying
Re: Antarctica: A Trip To The Coldest, Windiest, And Driest Continent On The Planet. by Nobody: 11:57pm On Mar 22, 2016
erusen:
u don't seem to get do you,anything eternal does not have a beginning, during the late 19¶ and 20¶ century the prevalent belief was that our universe is eternal(that it was never created) the theory was called steady state theory,but during the 90s the big bang theory gain more popularity and with the recent discovery of gravitation waves has now made it a universal principle,u say something came into existence with a big bang means it has a beginning unlike "eternal" which u are confusing with immortal.God is an uncaused cause,allophrotic principle futher boasten the uniqueness of our universe,the laws of physics cannot come from chaos.let something explode and let's see if organization will come from it.God does have a beginning that is what eternal means but the same can't be said for our universe.
keep confusing yourself with dumb English that you don't even know the meaning .. Uncaused cause grin grin grin seriously? That should be the dumbest thing ever to say.

Abeg jare .. I'm going to bed. lemme know when you have something to say or proofs that this your uncaused cause truly exists and created everything as we know it.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply)

Man Narrates The Kind Of Wonder Creatures Living In The Ocean / Tourists Worldwide Flock To See This Strange Ice Volcano In Kazakhstan (Photos) / Lonely Part Of Canada No One Bothers To Tell

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 62
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.