Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,179 members, 7,829,230 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 10:09 PM

Is The Rapture/end Times Real? - Religion (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Is The Rapture/end Times Real? (3761 Views)

Signs Of The End Times / Preparing For Rapture:end Time News / End-time Bible Teaching: 50 SIGNS Of RAPTURE/ END-TIME (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Is The Rapture/end Times Real? by Krayola2(m): 7:41pm On Jul 25, 2009
show me the verse in Genesis that says Enoch went to heaven, please. or one that says where God took Enoch.
Re: Is The Rapture/end Times Real? by Krayola2(m): 7:43pm On Jul 25, 2009
davidylan:

completely IGNORING the two glaring cases where men didnt die but went to heaven directly? lol that's enough to put that "source" in the thrash can where it belongs.

here. i got the verse for u.

Genesis 5:21-24 21When Enoch was 65 years old, his son Methu’selah was born. 22After the birth of Methu’selah, Enoch lived another 300 years in close fellowship with God, and he had other sons and daughters. 23Enoch lived 365 years in all. 24He enjoyed a close relationship with God throughout his life. T[b]hen suddenly, he disappeared because God took him[/b]

please explain
Re: Is The Rapture/end Times Real? by Nobody: 7:48pm On Jul 25, 2009
Krayola2:

here. i got the verse for u.

Genesis 5:21-24 21When Enoch was 65 years old, his son Methu’selah was born. 22After the birth of Methu’selah, Enoch lived another 300 years in close fellowship with God, and he had other sons and daughters. 23Enoch lived 365 years in all. 24He enjoyed a close relationship with God throughout his life. T[b]hen suddenly, he disappeared because God took him[/b]

please explain

I already did . . . i'm tired of recycled questions.
Re: Is The Rapture/end Times Real? by Krayola2(m): 7:51pm On Jul 25, 2009
to heaven? please explain. and then the rest of mankind?

U see how biblical passages are read to mean whateva, even though there is hardly any such thing in the bible? u see? abi u sef no see am now? i dey lie? eehhn? wsup nah? grin cheesy
Re: Is The Rapture/end Times Real? by Nobody: 7:57pm On Jul 25, 2009
Krayola2:

to heaven? please explain. and then the rest of mankind?

U see how biblical passages are read to mean whateva, even though there is hardly any such thing in the bible? u see? abi u sef no see am now? i dey lie? eehhn? wsup nah? grin cheesy

have you explained the ones JeSoul asked of you? Sick little hypocrites . . . always bleating "explain, explain" and running away when they are asked to explain their own.
Re: Is The Rapture/end Times Real? by Krayola2(m): 8:03pm On Jul 25, 2009
Let Jeseoul speak for herself. Last time I checked she could express herself. Wsup? do u need her to come and bail u out?
Re: Is The Rapture/end Times Real? by Thor(m): 8:05pm On Jul 25, 2009
The end of world is of course real as the Sun will one day implode and take the Earth with it undecided
Re: Is The Rapture/end Times Real? by Marlbron: 9:28pm On Jul 25, 2009
Exerpts from my book - the Accurate Knowledge of the Truth

Paul’s Letter did not mean a Physical Rapture

We will now examine Paul’s letter to the Thessalonians where he encouraged them in the Lord. This is another misinterpreted scripture. Paul wrote in a highly spiritual language, which is easily misinterpreted. 1 Thes 4: 13 -18.

13 But I would not have you to be ignorant, brethren, concerning them which are asleep, that ye sorrow not, even as others which have no hope. 14 For if we believe that Jesus died and rose again, even so them also which sleep in Jesus will God bring with him. 15 For this we say unto you by the word of the Lord, that we which are alive and remain unto the coming of the Lord shall not prevent them which are asleep. 16 For the Lord himself shall descend from heaven with a shout, with the voice of the archangel, and with the trump of God: and the dead in Christ shall rise first: 17 then we which are alive and remain shall be caught up together with them in the clouds, to meet the Lord in the air: and so shall we ever be with the Lord. 18 Wherefore comfort one another with these words.

Brace yourself as we dig deep into this scripture. Verse 13 to 14, tells us exactly what we know from Christ’s sayings. That is the fact that the righteous ones believers who have passed on will regenerate or re-incarnate with Him. When a true believer dies, he resurrects to heaven. The proof of this is in the scripture where we see Christ promising one of the thieves that today he will be with him in paradise that means the thief will not perish but will also resurrect with him. When believers resurrect, it follows that when Christ re-incarnates into the world, they too will re-incarnate into the world. This confirms the beatitudes where Jesus said that righteous shall inherit the earth (Mat 5:5). We can now understand Paul’s admonition that they should sorrow not for their departed ones. By the understanding of the Thessalonians, their departed ones had lost the chance to witness the manifestation of the kingdom of God. This was a cause of great sorrow for them, and Paul wanted to clear that up.

Verse 15 to 18, now deals with the mechanism of how their departed ones will also be part of the expected kingdom. In other words, the exact way it will happen. Paul says that the living will not stop those who are dead from being with the Lord. That means our association with the Lord in his new advent is governed by how righteous we live and not how long. Paul goes into deep spiritual language describing the spiritual method of that regeneration in Verse 16. The Lord descending from heaven with a shout is a spiritual depiction of the coming of the Lord with glory and power from the highest heavens. The Lord will not physically descend from the sky with a shout! At the risk of sounding immodest, a schoolchild would understand that verse in the same way – Christ drifting physically from heaven. It has a deeper meaning, I am afraid.

To be “caught up” together in the clouds means to have one spiritual accord with the re-incarnated Christ and other re-incarnated children of God. Remember he promised to manifest himself only to his elects and not to the world (John 14:22). These are people in one spiritual accord with him. To meet the Lord in the air does not mean to be suspended in the sky with the Lord. If I may ask, where does the air start? It starts from the ground, period. Therefore, to meet the Lord in the air means to be with the Lord in the world. The air is in the world! That is why he said, “and so shall we ever be with the Lord”.

If we assume that the rapture doctrine is genuine, then does it mean that we shall be with the Lord forever in the clouds? How does that sound to you? Does it sound reasonable or consistent with any Old Testament prophecies or with the Revelation shown to John? The answer is obvious. However, what Paul meant was that we shall be with him forever in the world. The concept of rapture is not supported anywhere by the teachings of our Lord Jesus Christ or the Prophecies of the Old testaments. It is only the false teaching of the anti-Christ. That teaching has gone a long way to damage the Christendom. The disciple Peter in his second Epistle warned about the interpretation of Paul’s gospels. 2nd Peter 3 15-16.

5 And account that the longsuffering of our Lord is salvation; even as our beloved brother Paul also according to the wisdom given unto him hath written unto you; 16 as also in all his epistles, speaking in them of these things; in which are some things hard to be understood, which they that are unlearned and unstable wrest, as they do also the other scriptures, unto their own destruction.

Paul himself wrote on the certain confusion of genuine doctrine with half-truths, which was inevitable in the years to come. Romans 16: 17-18.

17 Now I beseech you, brethren, mark them which cause divisions and offences contrary to the doctrine which ye have learned; and avoid them. 18 For they that are such serve not our Lord Jesus Christ, but their own belly; and by good words and fair speeches deceive the hearts of the simple.

We are thankful that not all is lost. Some Christian groups preach that the kingdom of God will manifest on earth. These groups including the Jehovah Witness have a fair understanding of what will happen. Notice I used fair and not accurate! Let me even ask the obvious. If he comes in from the sky, will it not defeat all the things he said about coming like a thief in the night. Into which country will he land?
Re: Is The Rapture/end Times Real? by JeSoul(f): 4:50pm On Jul 27, 2009
I wasn't sure whether or not to "resurrect" this thread from page 2 . . .  but I was unwilling to let Krayola off the hook that easy  smiley
Now back to REAL bone of contention: Is the Rapture/End times real or fake? Before we went offtopic this is how the debate progressed

-I submitted from the start that it is impossible to either validate or disprove such an event as it is spiritual and biblical and is accepted by faith.

-I submitted that if some unfortunately want to deliberately misinterpret these verses:
1 Thess 4:16-17 "For the Lord himself will come down from heaven, with a loud command, with the voice of the archangel and with the trumpet call of God, and the dead in Christ will rise first. After that, we who are still alive and are left will be caught up together with them in the clouds to meet the Lord in the air. And so we will be with the Lord forever.
1 Cor 15:51 "Behold, I tell you a mystery: We shall not all sleep, but we shall be changed - in a moment, in the twinkling of an eye, at the last trumpet."
as not refering to the rapture fine. But they should not be so brazen enough as to declare their 'un-subtantiable' belief as fact that the rapture is fiction.

-I asked Krayola for his own interpretation of the verses oh about 50times now, I know he's not a dishonest fella so I'm guessing  he must not have seen my requests  kiss

-Krayola & the misguided lady in the video submitted that there is "evidence" against the authenticity of the Rapture doctrine.

-I asked for this evidence

-Krayola submitted that because exact rapture-like circumstances aren't mentioned in the Abrahimic times until the book of Daniel - that is proof it is a 'new' false doctrine

-I asked him if he was serious as did David  smiley

-David submitted OT events involving Elijah and Enoch as instances where the afterlife/heaven in mentioned

-So we asked again for this evidence

-Krayola said Jesus & Paul did not really preach/teach about the afterlife

-I responded with shock asking if my dear Krayola had ever read the NT else he would not have uttered such an enormously false statement

-I again asked for this elusive evidence

-Krayola asked me to go study some random books which are again at the end of the day people's opinions that cannot be proven either way, just like mine & every other christian who believes in the Rapture

-So I asked again for this evidence he spoke about in the begining

-I am still waiting . . .
Re: Is The Rapture/end Times Real? by Krayola2(m): 6:51pm On Jul 27, 2009
haha. Jesoul. I have told you to check something out in the Bible and get at me. . .u hve not done that. Everything i tell u about Paul depends on that. I'm not about to explain stuff nd have it dismissed. It is a waste of my time.

I also explained that what the lady "rapture the lady means is the 2 part rapture with a 7 year tribulation period. Which is different from what Paul "described". This picture u're trying to paint of me avoiding ur questions isn't accurate. And all it takes is for someone, anyone, to go through the thread. Now, have you looked up the stuff I asked you to?. I read everything u posted, and resonded. U don't treat my posts and requests the same way and u expect me to continue such a debate? I'm sorry I will not do that. It is a 2 way street.

Krayola2:

The rapture is generally understood as the second coming of Christ which was described as a single event. This idea was then developed into a two stage process, and several passages strung together to support it.This 2nd view is the one the lady in the video speaks against. She explains that the verses used have little or no relationship with each other, and that this expectation is not consistent with what the biblical narratives actually describe to christians. (Note. the lady does not say anything against the traditional understanding of the 2nd coming of christ, but the idea that people will be snatched away from the earth for 7 years)

JeSoul:

Krayola said Jesus & Paul did not really preach/teach about the afterlife

I said no such thing. I said they grew up at a time when stuff about an afterlife was introduced into Jewish thought, and that the Jewish faith does not believe in afterlife (fate of all mankind).
Re: Is The Rapture/end Times Real? by Krayola2(m): 6:58pm On Jul 27, 2009
I made this post 2 pages ago, and you are still saying the same thing. I'm not interested in debates that aren't headed anywhere. Which is why i left on friday.

Krayola2 :

What u're talkin about isn't rapture. If u watched the video, its talking about rapture. .as in the whole end times of tribulation, 2 part second coming. Did u even watch the video? S[b]he said rapture is based on the traditional understanding of the 2nd coming of Jesus. Paul believed in a second coming of christ, not in rapture[/b]. Watch the video again, listen to what she says. i think u'd agree with her. Do u think people cn just piece any verse with another and it's valid just because they appear in the bible?

Anyways, how do those verses u quote explain a seven year tribulation? Where did Jesus, or Paul ever say any such thing?  And its funny u mention those verses cause those are the exact ones the woman in the video quoted that are being used to spread this nonsense.

IF THIS THREAD IS ABOUT THE VIDEO I POSTED, WHY ARE WE NOT DISCUSSING WHAT THE LADY SAID. damn!! watch the video, listen, tell me what exactly the issue here is
Re: Is The Rapture/end Times Real? by Krayola2(m): 6:59pm On Jul 27, 2009
And please show me how Elijah and Enoch have anything to do with the rest of Mankind. . .PLEASE.
Re: Is The Rapture/end Times Real? by Chrisbenogor(m): 7:33pm On Jul 27, 2009
LWKMD
You guys are still at it,should I hunt down Jesoul for you?
Re: Is The Rapture/end Times Real? by JeSoul(f): 7:42pm On Jul 27, 2009
Krayola2:

haha. Jesoul. I have told you to check something out[b] in the Bible [/b] and get at me. . .u hve not done that.
 I must have missed your request, what was it?

I also explained that what the lady "rapture the lady means is the 2 part rapture with a 7 year tribulation period. Which is different from what Paul "described".
 Now you're mixing things or as Daviddylan likes to say "shifting the goalpost". So are you saying you accept Jesus coming back but not the 7 year tribulation? Is this your whole problem? I'm inclined to think otherwise cos if this were the case you would not have titled the thread the way you did.

The traditional understanding/definition of the rapture is the coming back of Jesus and instant taking away of the saints, and meeting Jesus in the clouds. If your beef is with the tribulation why attack the "rapture"?  

This picture u're trying to paint of me avoiding ur questions isn't accurate.
 I have kindly asked you to give us your interpretation of the 2 verses, you ignored all my requests. I have asked for the evidence you asserted existed at the begining of our convo - you are yet to give me anything concrete besides "go and read this book or article".

Krayola said Jesus & Paul did not really preach/teach about the afterlife
I said no such thing. I said they grew up at a time when stuff about an afterlife was introduced into Jewish thought, and that the Jewish faith does not believe in afterlife (fate of all mankind)
Really? This is what you said:
The point I was making with Judaism was how the whole idea of a resurrection and afterlife came into being. It was a foreign idea that was popular when Jesus and Paul were growing up. It was taught in synagogues, but it wasn't really part of their doctrine. I was tryin to make a bigger point about how ideas are picked up, become popular, and take a new life form of their own.

What u're talkin about isn't rapture. If u watched the video, its talking about rapture. .as in the whole end times of tribulation, 2 part second coming. Did u even watch the video? She said rapture is based on the traditional understanding of the 2nd coming of Jesus. Paul believed in a second coming of christ, not in rapture. Watch the video again, listen to what she says. i think u'd agree with her. Do u think people cn just piece any verse with another and it's valid just because they appear in the bible?
 Duplicitous.

So a non-christian who doesn't believe in God and the bible is suddenly the authority on what the events of "Rapture" should be? Why is her version/definition of the rapture the right one and what we christians believe the wrong one?

Anyways, I better understand you seeing that you've adopted her version of the what the rapture is. If your (her) whole beef is with the 7 year tribulation then clearly state that - and not title a video "Debunking the Rapture" like you've both suddenly been granted level 9 access to previously unavailable evidence to support your beliefs.
Re: Is The Rapture/end Times Real? by JeSoul(f): 7:45pm On Jul 27, 2009
Chrisbenogor:

LWKMD
You guys are still at it,should I hunt down Jesoul for you?
  hehe no need, I'm present  cool

and I will not be satisfied until I get & see this all too elusive proof "debunking the rapture".
Re: Is The Rapture/end Times Real? by Chrisbenogor(m): 7:56pm On Jul 27, 2009
JeSoul:

hehe no need, I'm present  cool

and I will not be satisfied until I get & see this all too elusive proof "debunking the rapture".
Jesoul communication is the key, remember it got to a point and I realised you two were talking of two different things and I asked for a definition from both of you and he gave his definition is it not sad that after this many pages you all were talking of different things.
The version of rapture I know is that good people will disappear one after the other and then there would be years of suffering with the anti christ. I knew spot on that you guys had different meanings, so much for nairaland debates, how about we form the rules for the panel of judges we talked about?
Re: Is The Rapture/end Times Real? by SoWhat77(f): 10:01pm On Jul 27, 2009
No matter what David says about my beliefs I will continue to preach what I believe to be the truth. Just as he comes to this board with his beliefs I will come with mine. It is up to the individual to believe what they will and I nor he should have the right to try to influence someone else with insults and degrading speech. So I will refrain from arguing with him directly because I am not here to argue against David but to argue on behalf of Jehovah God and the teachings that I believe to be false.

With that said, I will say that there are going to be ones caught up in the clouds with the lord, but it is not in a literal sense. Again I will say that the bible speaks of 144.000 that have been bought from the earth, already chosen to rule with Christ in heaven. These are the ones that scripture was speaking of.But what it was concerning was the fact that have not died at the time of Christ's coming. These ones will die but will not remain in death awaiting their Resurrection to heaven. They will instantly"in a twinkling of an eye" be taken to heaven. When other es of this chosen group have died we do not know exactly when God resurrected them to heaven but for these ones that are left until Christ's coming will probably never experience death because their Resurrection will be immediate.

Now there is a lot of talk about about Elijah ascending to the heavens, but if you look at John 3 :13 Jesus clearly stated No man has ascended into heaven but he that descended from heaven, the son of man Also again I will say that at 2 Kings 2:1 it says when God was to take Elijah in a windstorm up to the heavens it did NOT say He took him into heaven. If you compare Genesis 1:6-8 it says and God went on to say let an expanse come to be in between the waters and let a dividing occur between the waters and the waters7 then God proceeded to make expanse and to make division between the waters that should be beneath the expanse and it came to be so.8 And God began to call the expanse heaven. And in verse 20 it says[b]And God went onto say Let the waters swarm of living souls and let flying creatures fly over the earth upon to face of the expanse of the heavens[/b]

So we see here that the bible often times referred to the sky as the heavens. And to use a little reasoning here we also know that the literal heaven is a dwelling place for spirit creatures only, it is not a place that birds fly in.
Re: Is The Rapture/end Times Real? by JeSoul(f): 10:15pm On Jul 27, 2009
Chrisbenogor:

Jesoul communication is the key, remember it got to a point and I realised you two were talking of two different things and I asked for a definition from both of you and he gave his definition is it not sad that after this many pages you all were talking of different things.
The version of rapture I know is that good people will disappear one after the other and then there would be years of suffering with the anti christ. I knew spot on that you guys had different meanings, so much for nairaland debates, how about we form the rules for the panel of judges we talked about?

Indeed my brother, I blame myself too, I should've slowed down a bit and I falsely assumed there was a universal acceptance of what the "rapture" entails - I'm sure its consistent among christians, perhaps this problem arises because I'm in convo with a non-christian.

Was your 'version' of the rapture by any chance influenced by the "Left Behind" series?  smiley

Perhaps other christians can jump in and correct me if I'm wrong, but the Rapture as we know it is simply Jesus coming back and we vanishing to meet Him in the clouds and Him taking us away.
  The second part of your version is the tribulation, NOT the rapture. A popular christian apologetics website defines it as this:

Rapture

The rapture is an eschatological (end times) event whereupon the return of Christ the true believers who are "alive and remain shall be caught up together with them [those who already died as Christians] in the clouds to meet the Lord in the air, " (1 Thess. 4:17). This is the time of the resurrection where the Christian receives his resurrected body. First to receive their new bodies are those who have died as Christians, and then "those who are alive and remain."

There is much debate over the time of the rapture. Does it occur at the beginning, in the middle, or at the end of the tribulation period? 

Tribulation, The

According to premillennialism, this is a seven year period that immediately precedes the return of Christ and the millennial kingdom of His rule which lasts for 1000 years. It will be a time of great peace (the first 3 years) and great war (the second 3 years) when the Antichrist rules over many nations. At the midpoint of the tribulation (at the end of the first 3 years) the Antichrist will proclaim himself worthy of worship. Many will bow down and worship the Antichrist and many will refuse. Those who refuse to worship the Antichrist will be killed. The second half of the tribulation is called the Great Tribulation. It will involve the whole world (Rev. 3:10). There will be catastrophes all over the world. (See Matt. 24; Mark 13; Luke 17.)

Now perhaps there is dispute as to the timing and chronology of these events but this dispute does not extend to whether or not they will occur - just simply when and in what order.
Re: Is The Rapture/end Times Real? by Chrisbenogor(m): 10:34pm On Jul 27, 2009
Glad we spotted the difference grin
Re: Is The Rapture/end Times Real? by SoWhat77(f): 10:55pm On Jul 27, 2009
The bible talks about the great tribulation as something that "if in fact did not occur" no flesh would be saved but on account of the chosen ones those days will be cut short. This does not tell us that chosen ones will be taken away before the great tribulation but it holds out the hope that they along with the ones that will inherit the earth,will survive the great tribulation on earth.

If you look at Revelation 7:9,10, 14 it says After this I looked and behold a great multitude which no man could number from every nations from all tribes and peoples and tongues standing before the throne and before the lamb clothed in white robes with palm branches in their hands and crying out with a loud voice salvation belongs to our God who sits upon the throne and to the lamb, these are they who have come out of the great tribulation( in order for them to come out of the great tribulation they must have gone through it first) so these ones that revelation talks about must be people that actually experience the great tribulation and come out as survivors.

Now for those who may still say this referres to all chosen humans being taken to heaven after the tribulation I will again reffer to Revelation 14:1-3 (look it up for yourselves) Where it talks about 144,000 standing with Jesus , who have been" bought from the earth".Also at Revelation 7:9 it spoke of a great multitude which no one could number. If the number 144,000 were not a literal number then it would lack meaning as a contrast to the great crowd from which no one could count or number. And again at Mathew 22:14 Jesus said regarding the kingdom of the heavens:There are many invited but few chosen. If a crowd is so big that no one can number them then they would not have been described by Jesus as being a few.

Then if you remember Revelation 7:9 quoted before you will see that it does not say of these ones that they were bought from the earth  to be with Christ on heavenly mount Zion. The description of them standing before the throne again is not literal but it refers to these ones approved standing. (Revelation 6:7 -because the great day of their wrath has come and who  is able to stand) Saying they are standing before the throne does not mean they are directly in Front of the throne. (ex. when someone says this man is in good standing with the congregation)
Re: Is The Rapture/end Times Real? by Bobbyaf(m): 11:06pm On Jul 27, 2009
The rapture will be a real experience, but I don't believe its secret based on what I have understood the bible to mean. I also do not believe that anyone will be left behind to face the Anti-Christ either, as most denominations tend to teach.

In fact the word doesn't occur in the bible, but like most words, it has taken a meaning which is the second coming of Christ.

Anyone reading the bible and taking a serious look at end time events would logically see that the bible is dead accurate.
Re: Is The Rapture/end Times Real? by Chrisbenogor(m): 11:06pm On Jul 27, 2009
@sowhat77
There are many JW threads here why not resurrect one? there are better issues to discuss there.
Re: Is The Rapture/end Times Real? by Marlbron: 11:12pm On Jul 27, 2009
Why are Christians so anti-Christ? They read the bible without understanding! If we cannot understand what Christ said are we worthy to be called Christians?

Christ said, the righteous shall inherit the earth, , not the heavens. Why will you go to heaven? Were you created in heaven? Last time I checked Adam and Eve were meant to rule and inherit the earth, but the devil thwarted that. So what changed since then? Christ came to reconcile us to His Father. yes, after that the initial plan is no more derailed but eternally valid.  Its only your spirit at death that ressurects to heaven provided you are righteous.

Christ said  that in thr regeneration when the son of man shall sit in the throne of his glory ye shall also sit on twelve thrones judging the 12 tribes of Israel. Mathew 19:28. Note that the disciples are now dead, so He was not referring to their lifetimes. He was refferring to when they will regenerate.

SoWhat77:

No matter what David says about my beliefs I will continue to preach what I believe to be the truth. Just as he comes to this board with his beliefs I will come with mine. It is up to the individual to believe what they will and I nor he should have the right to try to influence someone else with insults and degrading speech. So I will refrain from arguing with him directly because I am not here to argue against David but to argue on behalf of Jehovah God and the teachings that I believe to be false.

With that said, I will say that there are going to be ones caught up in the clouds with the lord, but it is not in a literal sense. Again I will say that the bible speaks of 144.000 that have been bought from the earth, already chosen to rule with Christ in heaven. These are the ones that scripture was speaking of.But what it was concerning was the fact that have not died at the time of Christ's coming. These ones will die but will not remain in death awaiting their Resurrection to heaven. They will instantly"in a twinkling of an eye" be taken to heaven. When other es  of this chosen group have died we do not know exactly when God resurrected them to heaven but for these ones that are left until Christ's coming will probably never experience death because their Resurrection will be immediate.

Now there is a lot of talk about about Elijah ascending to the heavens, but if you look at John 3 :13 Jesus clearly stated No man has ascended into heaven but he that descended from heaven, the son of man Also again I will say that at 2 Kings 2:1 it says  when God was to take Elijah in a windstorm up to the heavens it did NOT say He took him into heaven. If you compare Genesis 1:6-8  it says and God went on to say let an expanse come to be in between the waters and let a dividing occur between  the waters and the waters7 then God proceeded to make expanse and to make division between the waters that should be beneath the expanse and it came to be so.8 And God began to call the expanse heaven. And in verse 20 it says[b]And God went onto say Let the waters swarm of living souls and let flying creatures fly over the earth upon to face of the expanse of the heavens[/b]

So we see here that the bible often times referred to the sky as the heavens. And to use a little reasoning here we also know that the literal heaven is a dwelling place for spirit creatures only, it is not a place that birds fly in.

The 144,000 are virgins that will rule with him on earth. Other people will be wth him, but these are special because no guile was found in them.
Re: Is The Rapture/end Times Real? by Chrisbenogor(m): 11:15pm On Jul 27, 2009
Marlbron:

Why are Christians so anti-Christ? They read the bible without understanding! If we cannot understand what Christ said are we worthy to be called Christians?

Christ said, the righteous shall inherit the earth, , not the heavens. Why will you go to heaven? Were you created in heaven? Last time I checked Adam and Eve were meant to rule and inherit the earth, but the devil thwarted that. So what changed since then? Christ came to reconcile us to His Father. yes, after that the initial plan is no more derailed but eternally valid.  Its only your spirit at death that ressurects to heaven provided you are righteous.

Christ said  that in thr regeneration when the son of man shall sit in the throne of his glory ye shall also sit on twelve thrones judging the 12 tribes of Israel. Mathew 19:28. Note that the disciples are now dead, so He was not referring to their lifetimes. He was refferring to when they will regenerate.

The 144,000 are virgins that will rule with him on earth. Other people will be wth him, but these are special because no guile was found in them.

shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked
yawa don gas today
Re: Is The Rapture/end Times Real? by MrCrackles(m): 11:31pm On Jul 27, 2009
Marlbron:

This is serious. . . . . shocked
Re: Is The Rapture/end Times Real? by Marlbron: 11:57pm On Jul 27, 2009
MrCrackles:

This is serious. . . . . shocked

The 666 and the LovePeddler reffered to in Revelation is present day Christianity and other religions that lay claim to God. These are the works of earthly men and far from perfect. Did Christ form Christianity? No. He always talked and preached only about the kingdom of God. He prayed our lord's prayer - thy kingdom come! His followers started christianity , which is different from what we have now. Then they shared everything in common and if you lied about your assets, you could loose your life. Acts 5:1-6. Later they were killed and 300years after, the Roman idol worshippers ressurrected it. Is it not stated in the bible that in the last days God himself will establish his kingdom? Isaiah 2 v2-4. What did christ pray in our Lord's prayer? What did Nebuchadnezzar see that frightened him? Dan 2:44. When Christ sent his disiples he instructed them to preach only about the kingdom of God. The irony is that most christians end their prayers with "our father who art, ". and still do not grasp the prayer! Na WaO!!
Re: Is The Rapture/end Times Real? by Bobbyaf(m): 12:07am On Jul 28, 2009
Here is my take on what will happen at the rapture:

What happens when Jesus comes for His church? Several things:

1. The living righteous and the resurrected saints are caught up to meet Him in the air, (see 1 Thessalonians 4:16,17)

2. The living wicked are struck dead by His glory and brightness,
2 Thess. 1:6-10 say, "6Seeing it is a righteous thing with God to recompense tribulation to them that trouble you; 7 And to you who are troubled rest with us, when the Lord Jesus shall be revealed from heaven with his mighty angels, 8 In flaming fire taking vengeance on them that know not God, and that obey not the gospel of our Lord Jesus Christ: 9 Who shall be punished with everlasting destruction from the presence of the Lord, and from the glory of his power; 10 When he shall come to be glorified in his saints, and to be admired in all them that believe (because our testimony among you was believed) in that day."

In 1 Thessalonians Paul speaks of the first resurrection and associates it with the righteous who died. John in Revelation 20: 5,6 say this, "5 But the rest of the dead lived not again until the thousand years were finished. This is the first resurrection. 6 Blessed and holy is he that hath part in the first resurrection: on such the second death hath no power, but they shall be priests of God and of Christ, and shall reign with him a thousand years."

The rest of the dead in verse 5, obviously means the wicked who did not resurrect when Jesus came back the second time. They will be resurrected after 1,000 years. John like Paul associates the first resurrection with God's elect who had died before Jesus came back. I'd go on to say that the first resurrection will comprise all of God's people from all dispensations, which includes those who lived before the cross, and those who lived during and after the cross. The Cross of Jesus spans all dispensations.

The earth will be empty of humans during the 1000 years.

The second coming of Jesus would have been so gloriously powerful and majestic that the earth will be broken up. John describes it as follows - Revelation 6:14-17 "14 And the heaven departed as a scroll when it is rolled together; and every mountain and island were moved out of their places.  15 and the kings of the earth, and the great men, and the rich men, and the chief captains, and the mighty men, and every bondman, and every free man, hid themselves in the dens and in the rocks of the mountains; 16 And said to the mountains and rocks, Fall on us, and hide us from the face of him that sitteth on the throne, and from the wrath of the Lamb: 17 For the great day of his wrath is come; and who shall be able to stand?"

Peter describes it as follows - 2 Peter 3:10-12, "10But the day of the Lord will come as a thief in the night; in the which the heavens shall pass away with a great noise, and the elements shall melt with fervent heat, the earth also and the works that are therein shall be burned up. 11Seeing then that all these things shall be dissolved, what manner of persons ought ye to be in all holy conversation and godliness, 12Looking for and hasting unto the coming of the day of God, wherein the heavens being on fire shall be dissolved, and the elements shall melt with fervent heat?"

The only life forms that will survive are Satan and His demons. According to John in Revelation 20 Satan is bound for 1,000 years. It will not be a physical binding as such, but a circumstantial one, meaning since the earth has no human form for him to tempt and deceive, his "hands are tied", so to speak. He will be left to contemplate for 1,000 years his fate, and what a mess he made of things.

Even the OT prophets saw what the day of the Lord would have been like:

Jeremiah 4:23-26 say, "I beheld the earth, and, lo, it was without form, and void; and the heavens, and they had no light. 24 I beheld the mountains, and, lo, they trembled, and all the hills moved lightly. 25 I beheld, and, lo, there was no man, and all the birds of the heavens were fled. 26 I beheld, and, lo, the fruitful place was a wilderness, and all the cities thereof were broken down at the presence of the LORD, and by his fierce anger."

Jeremiah 25:33 says, "33 And the slain of the LORD shall be at that day from one end of the earth even unto the other end of the earth: they shall not be lamented, neither gathered, nor buried; they shall be dung upon the ground."

Isaiah 24:1,3 says, "Behold, the LORD maketh the earth empty, and maketh it waste, and turneth it upside down, and scattereth abroad the inhabitants thereof. 3 The land shall be utterly emptied, and utterly spoiled: for the LORD hath spoken this word."

So there is unity in what the scriptures have to say concerning the destruction that will occur at the day of the Lord. Jesus is coming back as Lord of Lords, and King of Kings. He is not coming back to give anyone a second chance. Humans had ample time to pay attention to the gospel. Jesus said, "This gospel shall be a witness"

All the mockers of the bible and Jesus, God's Only-Begotten Son, will be rudely awakened. Soon and very soon we shall see the KING.
Re: Is The Rapture/end Times Real? by Krayola2(m): 12:11am On Jul 28, 2009
haha. . "Real" Christians vs "not so real" Christians?

@chrisbenogor. thanks for clearing that up.
Re: Is The Rapture/end Times Real? by Marlbron: 1:40am On Jul 28, 2009
Bobbyaf:

Here is my take on what will happen at the rapture:

What happens when Jesus comes for His church? Several things:

1. The living righteous and the resurrected saints are caught up to meet Him in the air, (see 1 Thessalonians 4:16,17)

2. The living wicked are struck dead by His glory and brightness,
2 Thess. 1:6-10 say, "6Seeing it is a righteous thing with God to recompense tribulation to them that trouble you; 7 And to you who are troubled rest with us, when the Lord Jesus shall be revealed from heaven with his mighty angels, 8 In flaming fire taking vengeance on them that know not God, and that obey not the gospel of our Lord Jesus Christ: 9 Who shall be punished with everlasting destruction from the presence of the Lord, and from the glory of his power; 10 When he shall come to be glorified in his saints, and to be admired in all them that believe (because our testimony among you was believed) in that day."

In 1 Thessalonians Paul speaks of the first resurrection and associates it with the righteous who died. John in Revelation 20: 5,6 say this, "5 But the rest of the dead lived not again until the thousand years were finished. This is the first resurrection. 6 Blessed and holy is he that hath part in the first resurrection: on such the second death hath no power, but they shall be priests of God and of Christ, and shall reign with him a thousand years."

The rest of the dead in verse 5, obviously means the wicked who did not resurrect when Jesus came back the second time. They will be resurrected after 1,000 years. John like Paul associates the first resurrection with God's elect who had died before Jesus came back. I'd go on to say that the first resurrection will comprise all of God's people from all dispensations, which includes those who lived before the cross, and those who lived during and after the cross. The Cross of Jesus spans all dispensations.

The earth will be empty of humans during the 1000 years.

The second coming of Jesus would have been so gloriously powerful and majestic that the earth will be broken up. John describes it as follows - Revelation 6:14-17 "14 And the heaven departed as a scroll when it is rolled together; and every mountain and island were moved out of their places.  15 and the kings of the earth, and the great men, and the rich men, and the chief captains, and the mighty men, and every bondman, and every free man, hid themselves in the dens and in the rocks of the mountains; 16 And said to the mountains and rocks, Fall on us, and hide us from the face of him that sitteth on the throne, and from the wrath of the Lamb: 17 For the great day of his wrath is come; and who shall be able to stand?"

Peter describes it as follows - 2 Peter 3:10-12, "10But the day of the Lord will come as a thief in the night; in the which the heavens shall pass away with a great noise, and the elements shall melt with fervent heat, the earth also and the works that are therein shall be burned up. 11Seeing then that all these things shall be dissolved, what manner of persons ought ye to be in all holy conversation and godliness, 12Looking for and hasting unto the coming of the day of God, wherein the heavens being on fire shall be dissolved, and the elements shall melt with fervent heat?"

The only life forms that will survive are Satan and His demons. According to John in Revelation 20 Satan is bound for 1,000 years. It will not be a physical binding as such, but a circumstantial one, meaning since the earth has no human form for him to tempt and deceive, his "hands are tied", so to speak. He will be left to contemplate for 1,000 years his fate, and what a mess he made of things.

Even the OT prophets saw what the day of the Lord would have been like:

Jeremiah 4:23-26 say, "I beheld the earth, and, lo, it was without form, and void; and the heavens, and they had no light. 24 I beheld the mountains, and, lo, they trembled, and all the hills moved lightly. 25 I beheld, and, lo, there was no man, and all the birds of the heavens were fled. 26 I beheld, and, lo, the fruitful place was a wilderness, and all the cities thereof were broken down at the presence of the LORD, and by his fierce anger."

Jeremiah 25:33 says, "33 And the slain of the LORD shall be at that day from one end of the earth even unto the other end of the earth: they shall not be lamented, neither gathered, nor buried; they shall be dung upon the ground."

Isaiah 24:1,3 says, "Behold, the LORD maketh the earth empty, and maketh it waste, and turneth it upside down, and scattereth abroad the inhabitants thereof. 3 The land shall be utterly emptied, and utterly spoiled: for the LORD hath spoken this word."

So there is unity in what the scriptures have to say concerning the destruction that will occur at the day of the Lord. Jesus is coming back as Lord of Lords, and King of Kings. He is not coming back to give anyone a second chance. Humans had ample time to pay attention to the gospel. Jesus said, "This gospel shall be a witness"

All the mockers of the bible and Jesus, God's Only-Begotten Son, will be rudely awakened. Soon and very soon we shall see the KING.

Hmm, interesting, Let us take it one by one

Meet him in the air and so shall we ever be him. So you will be with Christ suspended in the air for ever! Good for you my friend, but I don't think that will happen as the air is actuall the world. You will meet with him and be with him in the world.

2. Yes, the bad guys will be punished. Remember we are not told that the punishment will occur immediately he arrives. There will be some time lapse before he is revealed. That was why he compared it to the days of Noah.

3. I notice you are confused about the 1000yrs and the first ressurrection. Let me explain. After Christ died, he started ruling. The 1000yrs reign started with the death of the disciples and faithfuls who were killed. The 1000yr reign was from the heavens and we are past that stage now. Remember he said that all powers were given to him in heaven and on earth. For you to be qualified for the first ressurection, you first must die with him (be baptized of the holy spirit: when you are dipped in the water you are dead in him, when you leave the water, you ressurrect in Him). When you have been baptized subsequent physical death has no hold on you . If you die before his coming, it means little as you will surely regenerate when he appears. When you regenerate, you will not be overtaken by the 2nd death.

3. It is wrong doctrine to say the earth will be empty of humans. Christ went to great pains to tell us how the end will look like , including giving us signs and telling us that two people will be together, one will be taken and the other lrft. He is simply saying that the evil ones will be elliminated from the world. Note he did not say Christians or Muslims or aetheist, He only classified two classes of people. the righteous and the unrighteous. The righteous have a reward, they inherit the earth.

4. He comes as a thief in the night. A thief does not come with noise. He comes with stealth, taking you unawares. It means that when he comes, you may not know untill he reveals himself to the world. The ones that will know will be the ones he chooses. That is why when he is revealed, the world would mourn. They will mourn because even in his second coming he will not expected to find faith among men. That explains him liking the second coming to the days of Noah. Are you sure he is not already with us?

Re: Is The Rapture/end Times Real? by SoWhat77(f): 1:56am On Jul 28, 2009
Thanx for ressurecting that thread Chris, however as long as there are questions about scripture then you will find me giving my witness on behalf of Jehovah. I am a normal woman, who enjoys doing a lot of things and one of those things is NOT being ridiculed becuase of my faith. I do not like having people spread lies about my faith and me due to the fact that this is the religion I choose, however this is what Jehovah God has asked of me and what Jesus said we were to do. Go forth making disciples. At times I would rather be on a beach somewhere sitting in the sand however I am sure there are alot of things that God would rather focus his attention on than the constant moral decline of humanity. So here I am.
Re: Is The Rapture/end Times Real? by bawomolo(m): 7:16am On Jul 28, 2009
It probably is.  Isn't the sun supposed to die off about a gazzillion years from now.

we are doomed  shocked

i would be relocating to mars before that happens.
Re: Is The Rapture/end Times Real? by JeSoul(f): 2:04pm On Jul 28, 2009
Krayola,
after you thanked Chris, did you also 'miss' this reply? smiley
https://www.nairaland.com/nigeria/topic-300269.96.html#msg4257620

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Order Out Of Chaos-the Paradox Of The Big Bang / Will Our Forefathers Go To Heaven or Hell? / Facts That Stand Against Evolution

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 205
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.