Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,209 members, 7,829,336 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 03:11 AM

Help! My Pregnant Wife Is Acting Strange! - Family (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Help! My Pregnant Wife Is Acting Strange! (64792 Views)

My Pregnant Girlfriend Wants Abortion. How Do I Convince Her To Keep It? / My Pregnant Wife Now Hates Me! Please Help!!! / Can My Pregnant Wife Continue The Intake Of Milo Beverages? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Help! My Pregnant Wife Is Acting Strange! by megaweight(m): 11:03am On Mar 23, 2016
A great lesson for us about to join in that league. Op pls show her love cos thats what she needs now.
Re: Help! My Pregnant Wife Is Acting Strange! by luwee(m): 11:04am On Mar 23, 2016
Oh your wife is going through a phase which is normal for pregnant women. But you just have to endure a bit. Well my pregnant wife is going through that phase as well, waking up every morning to buy akara undecided

1 Like

Re: Help! My Pregnant Wife Is Acting Strange! by Totfulguy: 11:06am On Mar 23, 2016
gerarahiamehn:
It started February 26th when she asked for catfish pepper soup.

After buying it, she tasted it, frowned and pushed it aside, said it's tasteless...then started nagging me of not being a caring husband. That's not true!

Next time, on the road...she told me stop and buy her ice cream, then again gala, then again pop corn!!! I complained of her strange eating habit. She got angry and threw everything away. Again, I'm not caring!!

Last Sunday, she disgraced me...yes, disgraced me, because she I took her a family meeting. They served her rice but she still went to beg an old woman to share her pounded yam with her!!!!

Someone said pregnant ladies act strange but this one is madness! I've called her mom to come take care of her daughter by herself.

Or I'd leave one day and won't come back!

Oga you are a first timer. Your wife is not mad. Her body is undergoing changes that even she is not having full grasp of. You need to man up and support her at this moment. You put her in the position she is. You could actually drive her mad if you keep acting like you sound (you actually sound like a bitch, no insult meant. When a man is all talkative and acting recklessly he losses the respect of his wife).

I might as well tell you, this is just the first phase. As she makes progress in her pregnancy, you have to expect more "madness". And when she gives birth and you have to wake up and be giving the baby water, and carry the baby all night, wake up because the baby wont sleep and is crying all night. So you need to "collect" yourself and HANDLE (not "MANAGE", which you seem to be doing) the situation. You need to love her much more and learn to see things from her side, not your side only as you seem to be doing. You can win her respect and love by the way you handle her now.

Look forward to fun moments with the baby (whom I think is a girl...thank me later) and pet her much more. The one way you can make your wife give you more space is to indulge her to the excess. Pet her more, and love her more. When she is relaxed, she will have less of your time. But when she is feeling funny and you appear to be jiving, you are in trouble. Am speaking as the husband of a pregnant wife expecting his second child. A word is enough for wise.

18 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Help! My Pregnant Wife Is Acting Strange! by Nobody: 11:06am On Mar 23, 2016
badonkadonk:

Painful thing be say.. At the end of the day.. Na she go still Waka come meet the husband say make im put another one dere..

exactly
grin grin
Re: Help! My Pregnant Wife Is Acting Strange! by Peacefulmat: 11:06am On Mar 23, 2016
kikikikikikikiki grin
bros bear with her, is just a phase of her 9 months journey.
oh....how lucky my husband is not to experience all these drama smiley
am so conscious of my eating and doings....... cool
Re: Help! My Pregnant Wife Is Acting Strange! by mrkings84(m): 11:11am On Mar 23, 2016
Am beginning to wonder, if all these are true, what happen to the single mothers who don't have anyone to lean on. Upon pregnancy, parents go still day torture them??

Chaiiii.... Now i understood what my neighbor's child went through!

4 Likes

Re: Help! My Pregnant Wife Is Acting Strange! by beetle24(f): 11:16am On Mar 23, 2016
goodfornothing:
This is why having a baby mama is good. I don't have the patience undecided
As ur name implies m not surprised by ur comment

3 Likes

Re: Help! My Pregnant Wife Is Acting Strange! by scachy(m): 11:18am On Mar 23, 2016
gerarahiamehn:

After buying it, she tasted it, frowned and pushed it aside, said it's tasteless...then started nagging me of not being a caring husband. That's not true!

Next time, on the road...she told me stop and buy her ice cream, then again gala, then again pop corn!!! I complained of her strange eating habit. She got angry and threw everything away. Again, I'm not caring!!

Last Sunday, she disgraced me...yes, disgraced me, because she I took her a family meeting. They served her rice but she still went to beg an old woman to share her pounded yam with her!!!!

Someone said pregnant ladies act strange but this one is madness! I've called her mom to come take care of her daughter by herself.

Lol, Bro take it extremely easy with her pls. I guess this it's her first pregnancy though it's not necessary Wether its her first or 5th, but just know that pregnancy turns some women from adorable wife to mischief makers. because of the discomfort that comes with the pregnancy n she feels u r the one that put her in that condition,hence, anytime u refused to oblige her incessant n annoying demands, she would say u r not caring. Don't blame her. But pls stick to her n learn to tolerate her. Running away shouldn't even be an option here. It's a phase that ll gradually go with time. Remember the joy that comes with the successful birth of d birth supercedes the strange attitude of ur pregnant wife.
Take care of ur wife n ur unborn baby.I pray The baby ll be a blessing to his/her family n society at large.

2 Likes

Re: Help! My Pregnant Wife Is Acting Strange! by bayulll011(m): 11:32am On Mar 23, 2016
gerarahiamehn:
care of her daughter by herself.

Simply hilarious,bros that's the hormone working,just bear with her,personally I promise when my wife get pregnant and start misbehaving I will just call her mama to come and take her,or stay with her lol
Re: Help! My Pregnant Wife Is Acting Strange! by uruego(f): 11:33am On Mar 23, 2016
well, am a mother of three. no woman does that intentionally, its hormonal changes and eases out as soon as she puts to bed. I was craving for native clay(nzu in Igbo) sometimes I insist on eating it rather than having a normal meal.

3 Likes

Re: Help! My Pregnant Wife Is Acting Strange! by emajoe: 11:34am On Mar 23, 2016
gerarahiamehn:

BROS, COOL DOWN!
Grow up, Haba?
You are the only one seeing all these.
- Get closer to your wife.
- Go little stands for her.
- Rub her back n neck.
- Give some water to drink.
- Ask her first what's to eat.
- Tell her you want a baby girl! Yes tell her.
- x.y.z!
When last you told her "I.L.U" .
......lastly, it shall come to pass.
Abegi find beta tin come givam.
She do well for you n family.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Help! My Pregnant Wife Is Acting Strange! by Nobody: 11:42am On Mar 23, 2016
Davryme:
if I have such a wife nah parlour go b my bedroom.....can't imagine going tru dat after a hard day work.....

small boy wey de come put mouth for elders mata....go Dance alanta jorrr....

5 Likes

Re: Help! My Pregnant Wife Is Acting Strange! by McMayor(m): 11:53am On Mar 23, 2016
I remember mine wanted Pizza which i couldnt get in ijebu-ode when we went visiting.. I had to drive all the way to Ibadan and upon getting back to Ijebu-ode she actually said the thing is not nice and not peperish... I was very very upset that what if i had an accident and you threw it all away... Well we drove back to Lagos without talking to one another but since shes a gamer and i am a gamer we played video game and we forgot about it... Its normal bro.... Funny thing is ; this things you have to learn to enjoy them with her. Just an advice. Please dont hate her.

9 Likes

Re: Help! My Pregnant Wife Is Acting Strange! by Analysiscorner: 12:01pm On Mar 23, 2016
The nagging is normal for some.
Then, the aspect of shaming you, their appetite and hunger can be weird sometimes.
She is not acting strange, but rather undergoing change experienced during pregnancy.
Re: Help! My Pregnant Wife Is Acting Strange! by mitchyy(f): 12:02pm On Mar 23, 2016
Every woman's experience is different in pregnancy. Its the baby in her that is causing all this weird behaviour. Most times its hard to control. Getting angry or complaining about her eating habits will even make it worse. And no, you shouldn't have called her mum to come and carry her daughter. Na she give her belle?
My own case wasn't that bad but i was a 'waster', if there's any word like that. My mind would crave a particular meal, when the meal is ready, i won't be able to eat it. I wasted my husband's money to the extent that i just resolved to stop eating totally. The only thing i could take in was blocked water and pap without sugar or milk.
I've had the craving for other people's food but i always control myself and try not to beg. But merely looking at my face and the way my eye is shining at the food, the pple go use their 'church mind' give me the food.
My husband did a lot to take care of me but i was still complaining. After complaining and nagging, i'll apologise because it's not intentional. Its just hard to control when your hormones are acting crazy.
Just bear with her pls and change your mindset. Read up pregnancy books, download apps on pregnancy and you'll understand better that carrying a baby nor be beans for nowadays women

8 Likes

Re: Help! My Pregnant Wife Is Acting Strange! by iamlarry99: 12:09pm On Mar 23, 2016
Fortunately and unfortunately I was not in the country throughout my wife's pregnancy which she just put to bed 5days ago but she would call me at the middle of the night like 2/3/4am for what? She'll say she just don't want me to sleep since am not with her I have to stay awake until she's asleep, how would I know if she's asleep I don't know! Sometimes she would call me say to me she wants to eat this and that like she wants me to buy it here and send to her I don't understand.. If I was around it would have been something else.. But she's the strongest woman on earth, since the first month of her pregnancy I wasn't around up till now that she has given birth being her first pregnancy.. Bro abeg endure.

6 Likes

Re: Help! My Pregnant Wife Is Acting Strange! by usy309(m): 12:21pm On Mar 23, 2016
Damfostopper:
Op.... I pray i dnt end up with such wife..... Cos na small tin dey vex me..... I cant take dat.... Like seriously

Bros......marriage is not for u...it all about understanding and endurance

1 Like

Re: Help! My Pregnant Wife Is Acting Strange! by maasoap(m): 12:22pm On Mar 23, 2016
Oma307:
Ur case is still better, my pastor wife woke him up at the middle of the night that she want to eat cassava soup
which one be cassava soup again?
Re: Help! My Pregnant Wife Is Acting Strange! by Davryme(m): 12:26pm On Mar 23, 2016
jeffucee10:

small boy wey de come put mouth for elders mata....go Dance alanta jorrr....

I intentionally ran a test to see who was mental in dis forum.....u turned out to b a good nd successful specimen....
Re: Help! My Pregnant Wife Is Acting Strange! by VANENON(f): 12:29pm On Mar 23, 2016
Bear with her abeg, its all part of pregnancy.
I once borrowed a new novel from a friend and ate a whole page.
I looked for the empty sheet at the back of the novel and virtually ate all of that page before I was thru with the book grin.

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Help! My Pregnant Wife Is Acting Strange! by Nobody: 1:17pm On Mar 23, 2016
VANENON:
I was lucky though didn't have any weird feeling during my pregnancies, only experience i had was uncontrollable craving to chew paper.
I looked for the empty sheet at the back of the novel and virtually ate all of that page before I was thru with the book grin.
Apart from that i was normal and healthy as a horse.
lol, this is funny. my younger sister, during her 2nd trimester likes to eat burnt food like hell, she will over fry everything even bread or wait for food to over done and burn, then she will use spoon to scrape it down to the bottom of the pot with all the charcoals and stuffs and eat and she smiled alot during the time, and you will keep wondering what happened to her teeth.

4 Likes

Re: Help! My Pregnant Wife Is Acting Strange! by Nobody: 1:29pm On Mar 23, 2016
McMayor:
I remember mine wanted Pizza which i couldnt get in ijebu-ode when we went visiting.. I had to drive all the way to Ibadan and upon getting back to Ijebu-ode she actually said the thing is not nice and not peperish... I was very very upset that what if i had an accident and you threw it all away... Well we drove back to Lagos without talking to one another but since shes a gamer and i am a gamer we played video game and we forgot about it... Its normal bro.... Funny thing is ; this things you have to learn to enjoy them with her. Just an advice. Please dont hate her.
lmao.. eeyah.

but your wife is very lucky to have you..
Re: Help! My Pregnant Wife Is Acting Strange! by joefranky(m): 1:30pm On Mar 23, 2016
Whenever she is angry just tell her "I'm sorry''. Anger Hormones trigger easily when pregnant, so just bear with her. If I tell u stories about pregnant women, u will be cold as ice.
Re: Help! My Pregnant Wife Is Acting Strange! by Nobody: 1:37pm On Mar 23, 2016
your own better.. I had an aunt who had weird cravings to smell wet sands and worse put it into her mouth to feel the taste as well. it's crazy...

bear with your wife bro ..

but I feel we women should be able to control these feelings. I have not given birth, but if I ever have this strange cravings..i know its not easy and might be easier said than done..I'd try to control it..but might give in to the ones that are not so weird or unhealthy that is only if I find I'm unable to control it...
Re: Help! My Pregnant Wife Is Acting Strange! by solesy: 2:01pm On Mar 23, 2016
lecturerdabo:
Hey bro chill!

This is why marriage is meant for matured minds alone!!

It can be frustrating really but that is part of the preg things. Nearly lost my mind sometime in 2014 when I followed my wife to buy things for our last baby, I hate seeing ppl eat on the streets while moving and she knows that very well, you can imagine how I felt when she bought moi moi and started eating right there in the market standing.

Thank God its over rewarded with my last boy.

Just be patient with her cos for the first 3-4 months even she will be surprised latter.
u own good now at list she was eating. My aunt way go lagos market dey fine wer she won remove her pant and bra say he dey inconvenience her.

1 Like

Re: Help! My Pregnant Wife Is Acting Strange! by mumsgirl27(f): 2:06pm On Mar 23, 2016
My husband is a luck man, no weird craving or sickness from me.

I only crave just 2ce thru out my pregnancy, 1st one was Okro soup, we had to go and look for okro around 9pm in Garki, after driving and walking round for almost an hour, i finally got okro, got home around 10pm, i prepared the okro and drank it all ( i didn't lick it o). I drank it like water.

2nd time was yam, me on a normal day I don't eat yam, I can do without yam for a year, this particular morning I begged my hubby to prepare yam for me with only palm oil, I was eating yam all through the day, the following, na yam I still eat, hubby had to beg me to stop eating yam and palm oil grin

so u see, everything wifey is doing is normal, please pet and pamper her, it is not easy carrying pregnancy.

2 Likes

Re: Help! My Pregnant Wife Is Acting Strange! by Mopricelezz(f): 2:14pm On Mar 23, 2016
Op, you just have to bear with her its something that would be over soon. When I was preggers, my cravings started with Ofada rice, I ate Ofada rice a lot, sote them sabi me for the restaurant. Later it changed to Ekuru (White Moimoi).. I would buy the one I'll eat at that time and for later, because if I dont eat them, I'll feel as if I was about to die. I almost collected the phone number of the Ekuru seller. Later it changed to Moimoi, I'll board #200 cab to go buy #80 moimoi. It later changed to Apple, till I had my bouncing baby boy. (At a point, I craved for Chalk asin the Chalk they use to write on Chalkboards, just chewing it without swallowing makes me ok. Somehow I was able to curb it)
Even heard d story of a man whose wife woke him up in d middle of the night, asking him to go get her 'party jollof rice'. Lol
Bottom line is she has no control over those raging hormones, so you just have to bear with her, your little one will be here soon.
Re: Help! My Pregnant Wife Is Acting Strange! by Omaibaji(f): 2:25pm On Mar 23, 2016
VANENON:

This got me cracking so bad. grin grin grin grin cheesy cheesy

1 Like

Re: Help! My Pregnant Wife Is Acting Strange! by Naikkie(f): 2:26pm On Mar 23, 2016
Take it easy OP. Your wife is perfectly normal.

For me it started with crying. I was quite emotional pre pregnancy. And my husband goes Pele, did I offend you, okay I am sorry. And I must sleep before him, (at home or not at home), if he is not at home via phone call or Google hangout.

The first day I told him I wanted burnt party jollof rice and ileya meat, he laughed so hard that I got really mad, we are not in the country so that was not even possible. I was not eating anything so I was in a pitiable situation. We ended up driving 3 hrs to the nearest Nigerian restaurant and all I did was eat mostly the meat.

I have also asked for custard about 2am and for him to go to the store to get just salty snacks but that was mid day.

I appreciate all the running arounds he is doing but I can't help it. He knows my trouble is not intentional.

Now I only crave Swallows / solid food provided the soup is okra or Ogbono and very peppery.

It's really not easy especially if you partner is not always around.
Re: Help! My Pregnant Wife Is Acting Strange! by DonBobes(m): 2:31pm On Mar 23, 2016
badonkadonk:

Painful thing be say.. At the end of the day.. Na she go still Waka come meet the husband say make im put another one dere..
cool
badonkadonk:

anoda wetin b dat abeg, na money inside ATM abi na bank acct.
i no knw. Chei, NL don spoil o.
Re: Help! My Pregnant Wife Is Acting Strange! by DonBobes(m): 2:38pm On Mar 23, 2016
VANENON:
I was lucky though didn't have any weird feeling during my pregnancies, only experience i had was uncontrollable craving to chew paper.
Apart from that i was normal and healthy as a horse.

mehn!
*runs out of thread.

1 Like

Re: Help! My Pregnant Wife Is Acting Strange! by mzfunshy(f): 2:50pm On Mar 23, 2016
Op sorry o.
I once asked hubby to buy me ice, he fell inside the gutter on his way back. He got back angry but with my ice intact. wink.
During my third trimester, he dare not sleep yl am awake cos he has to tell me the no of times I went to wee before day break. If he cant, that means he slept when am feeling uncomfortable and couldn't sleep. Na 7th world war o

6 Likes 2 Shares

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

"How A Little Girl Almost Ruined My Life" / Pregnant Lady Strips To Pant & Bra To Show Her Pregnancy Journey / Wife Of LASU Lecturer Pregnant For Her Bricklayer Lover (pics)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 73
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.