Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,554 members, 7,816,344 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 09:51 AM

Lagos Probes Pupil’s Floggings By Principal, Teachers - Education (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Lagos Probes Pupil’s Floggings By Principal, Teachers (19509 Views)

Primary 4 Pupil Constructs 'Gun' In Borno. Recovered In School. Photos / Boy Severely Brutalized By Principal In Uyo For Not Showing Up In School (Pics) / Student Battered By Principal Of Eva Adelaja Girls Secondary -"Graphic Pictures" (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Lagos Probes Pupil’s Floggings By Principal, Teachers by joseph1832(m): 9:46am On Mar 23, 2016
UjSizzle:
Hehe that gehl's rudeness carry weight sha. I know girls like this from boarding school and it takes a fine measure of self-control and grace to walk away from breaking their heads.
Men I could kiss you for this comment! I wonder why many emotional and sentimental nigerians can't even see things the way they are, rather, they always choose to see it the way they want to.
Re: Lagos Probes Pupil’s Floggings By Principal, Teachers by boujaye: 9:50am On Mar 23, 2016
PiccoloBrunelli:
They've not shut down the school yet?
Its not a private school
Re: Lagos Probes Pupil’s Floggings By Principal, Teachers by omolola15(m): 9:53am On Mar 23, 2016
smileysmiley:
I don't think she was rude. She was just standing up for herself. You need to see the way all these senior students act just because they are above with a class and they were given the post of a prefect.

I understand your point. But in most schools, that's the drill. Respect your seniors and obey your teachers. I'm sure she's not the only 1 instructed to carry the chairs. And others obeyed. The punishment is damn too much but some students are stubborn like hell. Do this they wont, kneel down they wont.

With some seniors you don't stand up for yourself. Especially in public schools or boarding house.
Re: Lagos Probes Pupil’s Floggings By Principal, Teachers by loomer: 9:55am On Mar 23, 2016
It's not just to investigate and let the case die o. Make sure they all spend at least 2years each in jail. NO BAIL

1 Like

Re: Lagos Probes Pupil’s Floggings By Principal, Teachers by menxer: 9:56am On Mar 23, 2016
bright007:
Though it is wrong for the school to have disciplined her to the extent where she had to be hospitalized, but it is obvious the girl is rude. For slapping the prefect, she is daring the school authority

For many of you critizing the school, I want to let you know that learning comes with discipline. Many students nowadays are over pampered by their parents and the first point of discipline becomes the school. It is this same parents that would complain if the girl start to fail in her academics. A girl that won't respect her teachers won't learn from them.

One carton of Orijin for you.

You just summarized why our standard of education is falling.

In those days that our standard of education is said to have been high, was there no discipline cum flogging of students?

I have forgotten all my teachers and lecturers in school except those hard core disciplinarians and what they stood for; their names still etched in memory ring bells.
Re: Lagos Probes Pupil’s Floggings By Principal, Teachers by senatorbayor(m): 9:56am On Mar 23, 2016
joseph1832:
And why do you fail to reason when I told you I already gave you an answer. But, lemme indulge you, if that Ogechi is my daughter, firstly, she would not have been in school in the first place if she was sick. What business has a sick child got with school? Secondly, she would have obeyed the head girl? My child can never be disobedient. Thirdly, she would be the head girl not even an ordinary student, because, I train leaders. tongue and lastly. This would never have happened because as a teacher myself, respect and discipline for elders and authority is what I teach.

You shared links to whatever you want to share Mr. Man. Its just that simple. People like you have children who don't even respect you, talkless of respecting their teachers.

That's why your daughters who don't have discipline, end up making you grand fathers when they're 15 years old. tongue

Indeed, you are a teacher.
How were you employed with this your illogical reasoning.

Having read through the thread, you stand tall in nonsensical reasoning while other responsible parents keep whipping you to line.

Which village school employed you?

Keep living in the dark ages where you feel lashing the buttocks of students makes them great leaders forgetting the aspect of moral instructions

A beam of my search light on your comments here shows how the products of your students would be.

I pity your daughters cos their bombom will always be in pain from any slight provocation
and salary frustrations

Keep receiving the bashing from Nairalanders who are true parents

Where others have failed on you, I have tried.

1 Like

Re: Lagos Probes Pupil’s Floggings By Principal, Teachers by Nobody: 9:58am On Mar 23, 2016
joseph1832:
Men I could kiss you for this comment! I wonder why many emotional and sentimental nigerians can't even see things the way they are, rather, they always choose to see it the way they want to.
evil begets evil.... With that dirty mouth wey u no get money to buy toothpaste to brush for almost a year now
Re: Lagos Probes Pupil’s Floggings By Principal, Teachers by jmichlins(m): 9:59am On Mar 23, 2016
Johnrake69:

Spare the rod and spoil the child. We all passed through that stage. Althrough, the punishment was too much. Buh the girl was rude. Refusing to obey an instruction says alot about the character of the girl in question. Others that obeyed were not punished

What should be paramount is that our kids turnout great. If its with both flogging and moral advice that will do the magic so be it.
a senior girl tried to bully her by asking her to knell or receive slap which she eventually did and all she did was return the slap she received
Re: Lagos Probes Pupil’s Floggings By Principal, Teachers by herlonso: 10:01am On Mar 23, 2016
joseph1832:
pls try use ur brain to think nw, no mata d rudeness 4rm ogechi d head girl doesnt stand any chance 2 even touch her not to talk of slap. u're jst talking poo since... u will b here saying nonsence if dt girl passed on 4 dt brutal treatment 4rm d stupid set of teachers abi..... try ds in d state nd u are a gonner
Re: Lagos Probes Pupil’s Floggings By Principal, Teachers by Nobody: 10:04am On Mar 23, 2016
herlonso:
pls try use ur brain to think nw, no mata d rudeness 4rm ogechi d head girl doesnt stand any chance 2 even touch her not to talk of slap. u're jst talking poo since... u will b here saying nonsence if dt girl passed on 4 dt brutal treatment 4rm d stupid set of teachers abi..... try ds in d state nd u are a gonner
who will give him visa.....
Re: Lagos Probes Pupil’s Floggings By Principal, Teachers by herlonso: 10:07am On Mar 23, 2016
senatorbayor:

Having read through the thread, you stand tall in nonsensical reasoning while other responsible parents keep whipping you to line.

Keep living in the dark ages where you feel lashing the buttocks of students makes them great leaders forgetting the aspect of moral instructions

A beam of my search light on your comments here shows how the products of your students would be.

I pity your daughters cos their bombom will always be in pain from any slight provocation
and salary frustrations

Leave him alone, i doubt if d guy was trained as a teacher.... his tinking is nt welcome as a teacher at all...

1 Like

Re: Lagos Probes Pupil’s Floggings By Principal, Teachers by joseph1832(m): 10:09am On Mar 23, 2016
senatorbayor:

and salary frustrations

Oh you simpleton! Imagine the barrage of nonsense spewing from your fingers. No wonder you can't see what's in front of you even when its looking right at you.

You asked what I would do if the girl in question was my child, I gave you answers and in your narrow minded and myopic way, you put everything on poor reasoning. LMAO!

Lemme even ask you, what type of reasoning did I exhibit here, since you say its poor, you should know the type, and hey, don't bother using wikipedia, it can not be trusted. tongue

When people like you are made to swallow your narrow mindedness as well as your shallow mindedness, the above is what you spew, blaming everything on poor salary and what you don't know about?

For the question simpleton, who even told you I teach in a public school? Oh yea, you assumed! So much like you to assume everything when you have facts staring right in your shallow thoughts.

If you see my students, you will cower because they reason far better than you and anything that will come out from your narrow minded loins.

Shioor! Just see person wey dey talk. Jankara senator na banjo for jankara. tongue tongue tongue

Please, remain in the abyss of ignorance because from all what you've been saying, that is where you truly belong. After all, "ignorance is bliss".
Re: Lagos Probes Pupil’s Floggings By Principal, Teachers by JoaHynppes(m): 10:09am On Mar 23, 2016
senatorbayor:
:

Clap for yourself.
Your reasoning is so amazing
grin

You trynna troll me huh
Re: Lagos Probes Pupil’s Floggings By Principal, Teachers by smileysmiley(f): 10:10am On Mar 23, 2016
omolola15:

I understand your point. But in most schools, that's the drill. Respect your seniors and obey your teachers. I'm sure she's not the only 1 instructed to carry the chairs. And others obeyed. The punishment is damn too much but some students are stubborn like hell. Do this they wont, kneel down they wont.

With some seniors you don't stand up for yourself. Especially in public schools or boarding house.
I totally get your point but for how long are we continuously going to follow the drill. No student should be allowed to hit another student cause that only instills violence. If the prefect in question had reported her to a teacher, she would have been caned or punished by the teacher and made to carry the chair, this thing would have not escalated to this. Schools should ban senior students from hitting their juniors cause it makes them callous. This prefect was asked to slap her again later and she gave her four dirty slaps. Why? Cause she already harbour hatred in her heart for the girl. If you ask me, I'll say the prefect was at fault, she was given the post cause she was perceived as a leader. Would a good leader do what she did? We need to start curtailing these excesses from the root, that prefect will become a President tomorrow and think she can slap her subjects anyhow without any regards to their feeling. This is the same school habit that our leaders of today passed through and we can see how they are treating us like plagues cause they don't care about us. Believe me there is a way she would have asked the girl to carry the chair and the girl would oblige, how about carrying the chair together with her? A better leader is trained that way.

1 Like

Re: Lagos Probes Pupil’s Floggings By Principal, Teachers by joseph1832(m): 10:11am On Mar 23, 2016
herlonso:
Leave him alone, i doubt if d guy was trained as a teacher.... his tinking is nt welcome as a teacher at all...
Who is responsible for training teachers? If I may ask you.
Re: Lagos Probes Pupil’s Floggings By Principal, Teachers by joseph1832(m): 10:14am On Mar 23, 2016
herlonso:
You sef try to use your brain here also. How can a sensible human compare the U.S to Nigeria in terms of education? If this was the state, Ogechi will not even be asked to carry desk and benches in the first place. tongue

Abeg shift joor! tongue
Re: Lagos Probes Pupil’s Floggings By Principal, Teachers by herlonso: 10:16am On Mar 23, 2016
[quote author=smileysmiley post=44029177]I totally get your point but for how long are we continuously going to follow the drill. No student should be allowed to hit another student cause that only instills violence. If the prefect in question had reported her to a teacher, she would have been caned or punished by the teacher and made to carry the chair, this thing would have not escalated to this. Schools should ban senior students from hitting their juniors cause it makes them callous. This prefect was asked to slap her again later and she gave her four dirty slaps. Why? Cause she already harbour hatred in her heart for the girl. If you ask me, I'll say the prefect was at fault, she was given the post cause she was perceived as a leader. Would a good leader do what she did? We need to start curtailing these excesses from the root, that prefect will become a President tomorrow and think she can slap her subjects anyhow without any regard to their feeling. Honestly u get sense, u xpose dt guy stupid reasoning
Re: Lagos Probes Pupil’s Floggings By Principal, Teachers by tayorx(m): 10:17am On Mar 23, 2016
Senior prefect forming Boss.
boboLIL:
See the kinda punishment they gave to dis gal....

How dare senior prefect slap a fellow student? Zainab ur own don be oh...

All the teachers suppose to be behind bars.... This is wickedness oh...

Ogechi. U need to beat zainab for me.....beat am wela...
Re: Lagos Probes Pupil’s Floggings By Principal, Teachers by kenmaro: 10:18am On Mar 23, 2016
The cause of all this is the lack of professionalism from the teachers. Lack of teaching training practises that is require of a professional teacher. Teaching is not all about talking and chalk, it involves other qualities like; temperamental control & the ability to impact knowledge even on the most dull student. These days other non taeching professionals take up teaching job just because of unemployment issues and the management of such schools do not bother to send the teachers for pre-teaching practise training before assigning them their teaching responsibilities. Even though the actions of the victim(the student) must have provoked the angers of the teachers & the principal, they should not have allowed their anger to take control of them at that time rather they should have professionally administered a decent punishment on the student. Though an erring child needs to be corrected but that doesn't give the teacher the right to discipline the student as he/she pleases because the contract of agreement btw a student & his/her teachers was to teach and correct the student in the rightful manner within the limits of the law. The disciplinary actions of the school towards the student was wrong because it was emotionally driven out of uncontrolled anger of the teachers and not professionally executed. The state ministry of education should penalise the the school management and the teachers involved as a deterrent to other eering teachers and institutions.
Re: Lagos Probes Pupil’s Floggings By Principal, Teachers by joseph1832(m): 10:18am On Mar 23, 2016
menxer:

One carton of Orijin for you.

You just summarized why our standard of education is falling.

In those days that our standard of education is said to have been high, was there no discipline cum flogging of students?

I have forgotten all my teachers and lecturers in school except those hard core disciplinarians and what they stood for; their names still etched in memory ring bells.
Thank you my good man. Senatorbayor and his band or moronic pirates will always fail to see this very important fact.

People like them always see what they want to see, and by so doing, base their narrow minded opinions on it.

1 Like

Re: Lagos Probes Pupil’s Floggings By Principal, Teachers by senatorbayor(m): 10:18am On Mar 23, 2016
JoaHynppes:

You trynna troll me huh

Come home. grin
Re: Lagos Probes Pupil’s Floggings By Principal, Teachers by fubtos(m): 10:19am On Mar 23, 2016
I wonder which way the story would have turned if Ogechi had not replied the slap. Nothing would have happened or perhaps another slap would have followed. Again, i just wonder if Ogechi had turned out to be one of either the principal or teacher's child or relative. What do you think would have happened?
No self-respect at all!

1 Like

Re: Lagos Probes Pupil’s Floggings By Principal, Teachers by herlonso: 10:19am On Mar 23, 2016
joseph1832:
You sef try to use your brain here also. How can a sensible human compare the U.S to Nigeria in terms of education? If this was the state, Ogechi will not even be asked to carry desk and benches in the first place. tongue

Abeg shift joor! tongue
Nt chair matter my guy, dt brutal beating. i jst pity ur children honestly coz u av so much bitterness in u
Re: Lagos Probes Pupil’s Floggings By Principal, Teachers by lordmans(m): 10:21am On Mar 23, 2016
Definitely, Ogechi from the story no doubt is a rude girl and she must have irked the irrational response she got from the school authorities. But the school authority could have simply suspended from the school which to me is more heavier than the flogging.

What is more worrisome is the dramatis personae of those trying to enforce her rights-they are Ibos and she is Ibo too. This should not be made an igbo affair as it will be counter-productive. Objectivity should be maintained so it wont turn around.
Re: Lagos Probes Pupil’s Floggings By Principal, Teachers by JoaHynppes(m): 10:21am On Mar 23, 2016
senatorbayor:

Come home. grin
To where Huh?
Re: Lagos Probes Pupil’s Floggings By Principal, Teachers by joseph1832(m): 10:23am On Mar 23, 2016
herlonso:
Nt chair matter my guy, dt brutal beating. i jst pity ur children honestly coz u av so much bitterness in u
And I pity your children also because they will end up being block heads. Such a shame.

Look at things holistically before you draw or arrive at any conclusion. No be chair mata cause all de wahala in the first place. Mtscheeew.

Just see yourself now. tongue kai! We don suffer for dis naija, no be small.
Re: Lagos Probes Pupil’s Floggings By Principal, Teachers by UjSizzle(f): 10:23am On Mar 23, 2016
joseph1832:
I understand you. Education is not just about learning, but also character development. So far, Ogechi's character needs ample development.
But even though I understand why the teachers acted that way (I mean you have to disabuse people like this of the notion that they can get away with gross insolence undecided) I still think they overreacted. The grass cutting would have been sufficient punishment, but taking turns to beat her?

We need to learn to give punishments that equal the weight of the crime. This was way higher.

1 Like

Re: Lagos Probes Pupil’s Floggings By Principal, Teachers by coati: 10:24am On Mar 23, 2016
[quote author=Jabioro post=44025235]Let is all the details ,including the army general that went to police station to protect the principal.. the police that fail to detail her needed to be brought to book..Abused every where ..[/quote
exactly!!!! this case just seems so unnecessary to me... how can a girl be told to put off her tights to get flogged and the images we see are strokes on her back?
after lot of interrogation and questioning from people from the school I learnt she was flogged in front of the principal office not staffroom of teachers
the girl that they said was hospitalized came to school the next day to write her exams and was able to sit for it
where have thrown discipline to in this country? a girl that slapped the head girl,was rude to her principal while talking to her,the girl that refused to kneel down when asked it and this made her go through the punishment she received...
the soldiers present at the station wasn't from the principal's husband because he isn't into any force
I advise Lagos state to look into the matter justly and look at it from the school's point of view and Ogechi not the people helping her carry the matter their head
Re: Lagos Probes Pupil’s Floggings By Principal, Teachers by herlonso: 10:24am On Mar 23, 2016
Jst wondering how a student will slap anoda std 4 nt carrying out a task. dt head girl suppose to b punish also....
Re: Lagos Probes Pupil’s Floggings By Principal, Teachers by joseph1832(m): 10:26am On Mar 23, 2016
lordmans:
Definitely, Ogechi from the story no doubt is a rude girl and she must have irked the irrational response she got from the school authorities. But the school authority could have simply suspended from the school which to me is more heavier than the flogging.

What is more worrisome is the dramatis personae of those trying to enforce her rights-they are Ibos and she is Ibo too. This should not be made an igbo affair as it will be counter-productive. Objectivity should be maintained so it wont turn around.
A very commendable reply my good man. Violence begot violence. Everybody is guilty. I wonder why they fail to see that ogechi's actions by virtue of her disobedience and rudeness caused all this problems...

If she had simply obeyed the head girl, all this would not have happened. Her condition is the result of her own action.
Re: Lagos Probes Pupil’s Floggings By Principal, Teachers by tayorx(m): 10:28am On Mar 23, 2016
Waiting 4 d day my kid will return home with 1 single mark, i will make sure i use cane on d silly teacher too,Bashing is allowed
Re: Lagos Probes Pupil’s Floggings By Principal, Teachers by herlonso: 10:31am On Mar 23, 2016
UjSizzle:

I understand you. Education is not just about learning, but also character development. So far, Ogechi's character needs ample development.
But even though I understand why the teachers acted that way (I mean you have to disabuse people like this of the notion that they can get away with gross insolence undecided) I still think they overreacted. The grass cutting would have been sufficient punishment, but taking turns to beat her?

We need to learn to give punishments that equal the weight of the crime. This was way higher.
leave him alone jare, d guy reasoning is somhw, hw can u beat a student to dt extent nd even asking her to remove her tight... mtchew

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

No Nigerian University Made "World's Best 700". / Share Your First Day In Lecture Hall Experience / Peace Mass Transit Boss, Sam Onyishi Set To Extend Midas’ To University Educatio

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 76
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.