Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,456 members, 7,816,059 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 01:33 AM

Wike Increases Rivers Corpers' Allowance - NYSC (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / NYSC / Wike Increases Rivers Corpers' Allowance (39017 Views)

Enugu State Increases Corpers Allowance To N30,000 & N20,000 For Doctors, Others / Rivers Corpers At Benevolent Care Orphanage Today (photo) / Adamawa Increases Corpers' Allowance From N2,000 To N10,000 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Wike Increases Rivers Corpers' Allowance by Goldencollins: 7:40pm On Mar 23, 2016
Buhari is a dullard from Daura, Amaechi is a Lizard of Ubima, Osinbande is a midget from Ogun state.
The zombies re free to quote me
Re: Wike Increases Rivers Corpers' Allowance by Funjosh(m): 7:41pm On Mar 23, 2016
Ok
Re: Wike Increases Rivers Corpers' Allowance by siraj1402(m): 7:42pm On Mar 23, 2016
Is River state paying before?

1 Like

Re: Wike Increases Rivers Corpers' Allowance by ninodaniel(m): 7:44pm On Mar 23, 2016
wetin b increment of state allowance wen rivers no dey pay anything b4.

1 Like

Re: Wike Increases Rivers Corpers' Allowance by Nobody: 7:45pm On Mar 23, 2016
psalmistofGod:
sad ...i see. Make he pay 2015 batch c outstanding state allawee. Medicine after death. RIP
Them never pay 2012 batch c u dey talk 2015, u no serious
Re: Wike Increases Rivers Corpers' Allowance by Senrealone: 7:46pm On Mar 23, 2016
Tpeters:
Who den give d 10k b4?dey ve nt bin paying
no mind dem..a frnd of mine dat served in Rivers came home empty-handed...alll na political propaganda

1 Like

Re: Wike Increases Rivers Corpers' Allowance by Nobody: 7:47pm On Mar 23, 2016
The only way to immortalise him is to make a statue of the corper some where in the state.

R.I.P to the corper.
Re: Wike Increases Rivers Corpers' Allowance by dammytosh: 7:47pm On Mar 23, 2016
You see why you must not die ?

A girl will just shake and wiggle they will buy her car.

You die, they increase allawi from 10k to 15k

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Wike Increases Rivers Corpers' Allowance by HRich(m): 7:47pm On Mar 23, 2016
Like say this Wike go be better governor.
Re: Wike Increases Rivers Corpers' Allowance by soldierdollar(m): 7:48pm On Mar 23, 2016
chumaster:
15k no bad, nysc make una start batch B mobilisation sharply, If I no register and get Rivers state make APC win Wike come 2019

Abeg u know the month batch B will be mobilized ?
Re: Wike Increases Rivers Corpers' Allowance by free2ryhme: 7:48pm On Mar 23, 2016
Useless lots must a fellow corper die for some cheap political gains
Re: Wike Increases Rivers Corpers' Allowance by HRich(m): 7:49pm On Mar 23, 2016
dammytosh:
You see why you must not die ?

A girl will just shake and wiggle they will buy her car.
You die, they increase allawi from 10k to 15k
Lolz. Jealousy

1 Like

Re: Wike Increases Rivers Corpers' Allowance by Ibidapson(m): 7:50pm On Mar 23, 2016
He sacrificed himself for ALAWEE increase
Re: Wike Increases Rivers Corpers' Allowance by Nobody: 7:51pm On Mar 23, 2016
insycarc:
Last Time Rivers State paid corpers was 2013.. Any body that picks Rivers state because of 15k is on a long thing. A state that cant pay 10k wants to pay 15k?? very funny. Wike should fish out the guys involved in embezzling Rivers state corpers monthly allowance and pay up previous sets

which 2013, BC or AD?

2 Likes

Re: Wike Increases Rivers Corpers' Allowance by amodu(m): 7:52pm On Mar 23, 2016
If not for the departd soul nothing of such would have come up
Re: Wike Increases Rivers Corpers' Allowance by dammytosh: 7:52pm On Mar 23, 2016
HRich:
Lolz. Jealousy

lol. na pity i dey pity those who wan die because of politicians.
Re: Wike Increases Rivers Corpers' Allowance by weezii(m): 7:53pm On Mar 23, 2016
He should start by paying the previous set 14/B he promised he'd pay the accumulated state allawee upon his election

1 Like

Re: Wike Increases Rivers Corpers' Allowance by akanniade10(m): 7:55pm On Mar 23, 2016
Rubbish!!! FG should stop the use of corp members during elections. Shikena!

2 Likes

Re: Wike Increases Rivers Corpers' Allowance by Dklef(m): 7:58pm On Mar 23, 2016
Bold step wike, bold step.
Re: Wike Increases Rivers Corpers' Allowance by lielbree: 7:59pm On Mar 23, 2016
I love this my governor.. very much on ground
Re: Wike Increases Rivers Corpers' Allowance by Nobody: 7:59pm On Mar 23, 2016
weezii:
He should start by paying the previous set 14/B he promised he'd pay the accumulated state allawee upon his election
which governor makes such promises to corpers?.

1 Like

Re: Wike Increases Rivers Corpers' Allowance by FBfree(m): 8:00pm On Mar 23, 2016
Haaaa, Nkan nbe!
Re: Wike Increases Rivers Corpers' Allowance by rhektor(m): 8:03pm On Mar 23, 2016
Tpeters:
Who den give d 10k b4?dey ve nt bin paying

ABEGI help me ask them o, since 2012 they've been promising corpers, even Amaechi dey owe this mumu self promised to start paying yet no dime somebody die now he still dey cajole the living. Wicked wike, foolish Amaechi. Rivers state na sorry be una name

1 Like

Re: Wike Increases Rivers Corpers' Allowance by Nobody: 8:05pm On Mar 23, 2016
insycarc:

Them never pay 2012 batch c u dey talk 2015, u no serious
u shld hold Ameachi responsible for 2012 batch payment.

Wike pays civil servants once is due, find out from batch A if his owning.
Re: Wike Increases Rivers Corpers' Allowance by HRich(m): 8:06pm On Mar 23, 2016
dammytosh:

lol. na pity i dey pity those who wan die because of politicians.
You don't the point.

I wonder why you found error in somebody going to serve his/her father's land.
Re: Wike Increases Rivers Corpers' Allowance by blackpanda: 8:14pm On Mar 23, 2016
ukukaegbu:
All the benefiting corpers in that state should contribute at least N2,000 each and give to the dead corper's family.

His death has brought them some joy.

Wat??!!! What joy exactly
Re: Wike Increases Rivers Corpers' Allowance by swagifted(m): 8:16pm On Mar 23, 2016
Really
ukukaegbu:
All the benefiting corpers in that state should contribute at least N2,000 each and give to the dead corper's family.

His death has brought them some joy.
Re: Wike Increases Rivers Corpers' Allowance by Irore: 8:17pm On Mar 23, 2016
Mztarstrechy:
Rivers To Immotalise Killed Corper;Corpers' Salary Increased 4rm 10k To 15k:Wike)

Rivers State Governor Wike said today corps member, Mr Samuel Okonta, who was killed during the rerun legislative elections in the State will be immortalised by Rivers state government.

He also declared that the State Government will provide all necessary assistance for the police to investigate the killing of the corps member, with a view to identifying those responsible and prosecuting them.

Speaking at the Rivers State National Youth Service Corps, NYSC, Headquarters in Port Harcourt on Wednesday, Governor Wike also announced an increment in the monthly allowance of corps members serving outside Port Harcourt from N10, 000 to N15000. He also increased the state monthly allowance of corps members serving in Port Harcourt from N5000 to N10000.

He expressed sadness that the corps member died serving the nation. He said that the Rivers State Government will take care of the family of the late corps member.

Governor Wike noted that the death is even more painful because the corps member was an orphan who suffered through schooling and was on the verge of being of help to his immediate family.

He said: “The death of this corps member is unfortunate and condemnable. I urge the Police to thoroughly investigate the crime. The outcome of the investigation should be made public so that those involved are prosecuted. The killing of this corps member must not be swept under the carpet.

“I call for post mortem on the corpse of the corps member so that we can ascertain the type of bullet and type of gun that killed him. The post mortem will also determine who bears that type of gun that killed the corps member “.

The governor said his administration will also take measures to improve security in the state. He said that steps will be taken to ensure that the incident does not reoccur.

State Coordinator of the NYSC, Mrs Ngozi Nwatarali commended the governor for commiserating with the NYSC at its moment of grief. She appealed for greater protection for corps members during elections.

Responding on behalf of the family, Alex Edeabeatu thanked the Governor for his gesture. He said that the late corps member was a shining light.

Source: http://www.trezzyblog.com/2016/03/governor-wike-to-immortalise-killed.html

After the reggae, play the blues. After sacrifice,imortalize. Be ye wise as the serpent. RIP corper.
Re: Wike Increases Rivers Corpers' Allowance by macaranta(m): 8:18pm On Mar 23, 2016
Kudos..only if PMB will do something similar for the agatu peeps.
Re: Wike Increases Rivers Corpers' Allowance by jkarmstrong(m): 8:18pm On Mar 23, 2016
Why does the governor's gesture feel awfully familiar? Typical naija office holder move: clear up the whole mess that could very much have been avoided with the usual 'we will take care of his family' proclamation, while contributing or doing nothing concrete about the entirely preventable outcome. Classic.

The problem is still out there---- whatever events that led to the death of this unfortunate corps member is still out there and may very well kill another hapless corps member while the governor goes about 'taking care' of their surviving relatives.

Not saying nothing should be done by way of compensation to those who have died in service, but there is something terribly de javu and self serving about all of these. We need to be looking at the root causes of things of these sort, and asking ourselves why corps members have to die in service so that politicians can claim the people's mandate for themselves.

1 Like

Re: Wike Increases Rivers Corpers' Allowance by Mike008(m): 8:21pm On Mar 23, 2016
I advised all the corpers I knew not to partake in Rivers re-run elections, for whatever benefit it promised.

RIP to this daring soul who took a risk but never survived.

Meanwhile, some prudent acts from Wike in a while.
Re: Wike Increases Rivers Corpers' Allowance by Olajoy: 8:22pm On Mar 23, 2016
no think am o Rivers no dey pay allowee o,4 set before me and 4 set after me haven't been paid.prospective corp members should run for their lives oo.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

COVID-19: Isolation Centre In Taraba NYSC Orientation Camp (Photos) / #NYSCAllowance Is Trending On Twitter, And Here Is Why (See Reactions) / Corps Member Slumps And Dies In Nasarawa (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 29
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.