Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,398 members, 7,815,869 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 07:53 PM

Wike Increases Rivers Corpers' Allowance - NYSC (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / NYSC / Wike Increases Rivers Corpers' Allowance (39013 Views)

Enugu State Increases Corpers Allowance To N30,000 & N20,000 For Doctors, Others / Rivers Corpers At Benevolent Care Orphanage Today (photo) / Adamawa Increases Corpers' Allowance From N2,000 To N10,000 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Wike Increases Rivers Corpers' Allowance by azibit: 6:44am On Mar 24, 2016
Its really unfortunate that Nigerian Graduates no longer see the line. I just have a feeling this increase is merely a compensation for the death of a graduate who has undergone so much in school and a mere token of 5k is thrown at our face. We accept it as if its Manna from Heaven. Federal Govt, Get us out of here before they increase the money as compensation for another corp member
Re: Wike Increases Rivers Corpers' Allowance by pavy(m): 6:52am On Mar 24, 2016
Mztarstrechy:
Rivers To Immotalise Killed Corper;Corpers' Salary Increased 4rm 10k To 15k:Wike)

“I call for post mortem on the corpse of the corps member so that we can ascertain the type of bullet and type of gun that killed him. The post mortem will also determine who bears that type of gun that killed the corps member “.

Seriously! What kind of Hollywood movie has Wike been watching lately. This is Nigeria, less than 5% of guns are registered, besides, we don't have forensic unit or experts...how do you know who is wielding which gun...wake up Mr Governor!
Re: Wike Increases Rivers Corpers' Allowance by banmee(m): 7:26am On Mar 24, 2016
Poverty has completely destroyed the way Nigerians think.
Re: Wike Increases Rivers Corpers' Allowance by CopyLearner: 7:40am On Mar 24, 2016
Mprepz:

then who's paying her! seriously abeg lemme be
She must be dating some big pocket, trust me. If she claims she's being paid well, it's for some other services not nysc(service)
Re: Wike Increases Rivers Corpers' Allowance by Swankyprince(m): 8:20am On Mar 24, 2016
Your perfect Teaching job is just a click away!

With over 2,087 Schools looking to hire, finding your dream Teaching job through myedujob.com has never been easier!

myedujob.com
Re: Wike Increases Rivers Corpers' Allowance by uzor1(m): 8:22am On Mar 24, 2016
i guess the innocent boy has brought joy to the corpers increment of allawe
Re: Wike Increases Rivers Corpers' Allowance by Nobody: 8:26am On Mar 24, 2016
why wait for someone to die first...
Re: Wike Increases Rivers Corpers' Allowance by sirwhyte000(m): 8:28am On Mar 24, 2016
GOD BLESS HIS SOUL AND HE WILL LIVE FOREVER IN OUR HEART.
As for the governor, thanks for the increment of allowance but money can't buy life.
NIGERIA IS OURS, NIGERIA WE SERVE. RIP MY COLLEAGUE.
Re: Wike Increases Rivers Corpers' Allowance by saintdennis(m): 8:30am On Mar 24, 2016
Niyinficient:
Bobo juice of life!

See corpers wey suppose dey mourn their colleague jump up dey dance cos of 5K increment wey dem neva beggin see! SMH for our youths

AZzin viewing that pics makes me wanna puke! See jubilations?! Infact wike is a beast! Any government that talks money at this time is insensitive!

What I expect is him talking about the orphans family compensation, security for corpers, sensitization of corpers on need to put their lives first during elections etc!

Is it the current state allowee package that killed the corper? Infact most govts would first see if the corpers death would affect willingness of prospective corpers to serve in rivers?

See that yellow idiot throwing fist in celebration?! It's so sad Nigerian youths have no moral compass, I even expected nysc members to stage a protest nationwide! Have they forgotten those killed or had limbs cut off when pmb lost election?

Or those that drowned @ bayelsa while heading to their polling units?

so if rivers state allowee increases by 5k everytime a corper dies due to election related matters then I bet you rivers allowee will hit 60k come 2020. Cos 2019 might be worse (in terms of violence)

When politicians say the youth are not ready for govt positions you begin to concur when you look @ dat pic.

2 Likes

Re: Wike Increases Rivers Corpers' Allowance by kingsolo4u: 8:36am On Mar 24, 2016
Mztarstrechy:
Rivers To Immotalise Killed Corper;Corpers' Salary Increased 4rm 10k To 15k:Wike)

Rivers State Governor Wike said today corps member, Mr Samuel Okonta, who was killed during the rerun legislative elections in the State will be immortalised by Rivers state government.

He also declared that the State Government will provide all necessary assistance for the police to investigate the killing of the corps member, with a view to identifying those responsible and prosecuting them.

Speaking at the Rivers State National Youth Service Corps, NYSC, Headquarters in Port Harcourt on Wednesday, Governor Wike also announced an increment in the monthly allowance of corps members serving outside Port Harcourt from N10, 000 to N15000. He also increased the state monthly allowance of corps members serving in Port Harcourt from N5000 to N10000.

He expressed sadness that the corps member died serving the nation. He said that the Rivers State Government will take care of the family of the late corps member.

Governor Wike noted that the death is even more painful because the corps member was an orphan who suffered through schooling and was on the verge of being of help to his immediate family.

He said: “The death of this corps member is unfortunate and condemnable. I urge the Police to thoroughly investigate the crime. The outcome of the investigation should be made public so that those involved are prosecuted. The killing of this corps member must not be swept under the carpet.

“I call for post mortem on the corpse of the corps member so that we can ascertain the type of bullet and type of gun that killed him. The post mortem will also determine who bears that type of gun that killed the corps member “.

The governor said his administration will also take measures to improve security in the state. He said that steps will be taken to ensure that the incident does not reoccur.

State Coordinator of the NYSC, Mrs Ngozi Nwatarali commended the governor for commiserating with the NYSC at its moment of grief. She appealed for greater protection for corps members during elections.

Responding on behalf of the family, Alex Edeabeatu thanked the Governor for his gesture. He said that the late corps member was a shining light.

Source: http://www.trezzyblog.com/2016/03/governor-wike-to-immortalise-killed.html
nice one from the Governor. But What of copers that served last year and Last two years who are yet to be paid. Any hope for them?
Re: Wike Increases Rivers Corpers' Allowance by sweetuju(f): 8:41am On Mar 24, 2016
Please o. Wike make una pay me my allowance. I served in 2012 batch C. Passed out 2013. I've not seen my 120k. Abeg pay us before increasing the allowance. I don't know why Amechi did not pay us.
Re: Wike Increases Rivers Corpers' Allowance by mizthorlu(f): 8:47am On Mar 24, 2016
chumaster:
15k no bad, nysc make una start batch B mobilisation sharply, If I no register and get Rivers state make APC win Wike come 2019
around what time do you think they'll mobilise batch B?
Re: Wike Increases Rivers Corpers' Allowance by tivereegega(m): 9:42am On Mar 24, 2016
so bad, Nigeria youth what did the feature hold. this politician have been fooling yours for long even at this moment.
Re: Wike Increases Rivers Corpers' Allowance by Nobody: 10:10am On Mar 24, 2016
insycarc:
Last Time Rivers State paid corpers was 2013.. Any body that picks Rivers state because of 15k is on a long thing. A state that cant pay 10k wants to pay 15k?? very funny. Wike should fish out the guys involved in embezzling Rivers state corpers monthly allowance and pay up previous sets
rivers state still owing us in 2014 batch,wonder if wike has been paying any corper.
Re: Wike Increases Rivers Corpers' Allowance by chumaster(m): 10:13am On Mar 24, 2016
mizthorlu:

around what time do you think they'll mobilise batch B?
lol.
Sis, with the way Nysc is going Batch A is yet to enter camp, so oct/Nov camp is more feasible for batch B hopefuls.
Meanwhile, if u are a batch B prospective corps member, I'l advice you join this thread https://www.nairaland.com/2921129/prospective-nysc-2016-batch-b/
It's a thread for all batch B hopefuls, you will get lots of info from there
Re: Wike Increases Rivers Corpers' Allowance by samjadinero(m): 10:53am On Mar 24, 2016
Ekpeye! Any hope for Batch C 2014/2015 corpers? 120k no be beans o.
Re: Wike Increases Rivers Corpers' Allowance by famzynet: 10:56am On Mar 24, 2016
insycarc:
Last Time Rivers State paid corpers was 2013.. Any body that picks Rivers state because of 15k is on a long thing. A state that cant pay 10k wants to pay 15k?? very funny. Wike should fish out the guys involved in embezzling Rivers state corpers monthly allowance and pay up previous sets

Please I want to use this forum to inform people that all these talks are political talks. Rivers state hasn't been able to pay corpers #10,000 let alone # 15,000 . I served in a health centre in a very remote area of Rivers state in Nov 2012 and I can confidently tell you that up till today,we were not paid kobo let alone any #10,000 per month promised to us for serving in such area. We were even told that those of us working in health centres would get up to #28,000 per month but at the end no kobo was seen till today. I won't advice any health worker to serve in Rivers state. You will just waste your time because you work everyday including weekends and public holidays and even nights attending to emergencies and at the end all you see is only federal govt allawee. In my time,there was free medical care introduced by Amaechi so the clinic was always full and you can't even get any corner corner kobo for chops.
Re: Wike Increases Rivers Corpers' Allowance by teadrake(m): 11:02am On Mar 24, 2016
famzynet:

Please I want to use this forum to inform people that all these talks are political talks. Rivers state hasn't been able to pay corpers #10,000 let alone # 15,000 . I served in a health centre in a very remote area of Rivers state in Nov 2012 and I can confidently tell you that up till today,we were not paid kobo let alone any #10,000 per month promised to us for serving in such area. We were even told that those of us working in health centres would get up to #28,000 per month but at the end no kobo was seen till today. I won't advice any health worker to serve in Rivers state. You will just waste your time because you work everyday including weekends and public holidays and even nights attending to emergencies and at the end all you see is only federal govt allawee. In my time,there was free medical care introduced by Amaechi so the clinic was always full and you can't even get any corner corner kobo for chops.
Please enlighten prospective corps members the more in other for them not fall into this political propaganda of 15k illusory alawee.
Re: Wike Increases Rivers Corpers' Allowance by teadrake(m): 11:02am On Mar 24, 2016
famzynet:

Please enlighten prospective corps members the more in other for them not fall into this political propaganda of 15k illusory alawee
Re: Wike Increases Rivers Corpers' Allowance by jayblaze001(m): 12:22pm On Mar 24, 2016
Goldencollins:
Buhari is a dullard from Daura, Amaechi is a Lizard of
Ubima, Osinbande is a midget from Ogun state.
The zombies re free to quote me.
. ...................................................................OMG! You got me cracked-up!
Re: Wike Increases Rivers Corpers' Allowance by winstonjenn012: 12:51pm On Mar 24, 2016
What a man! He is a man that know and cares about the welfare of his people and he is showing it to the corpers as well
Re: Wike Increases Rivers Corpers' Allowance by MonicaTerna: 12:58pm On Mar 24, 2016
Source: http://www.trezzyblog.com/2016/03/governor-wike-to-immortalise-killed.html[/quote]

#IStandWithGovernorWike you are truly the man of the people for the people and by the people , if a governor can react like this to the killing of one ywhy cant our so called president react to tyhe killing of many in Agatu by the f
ulani herdsa men is it because they are is people or he is joblessly and aimlessly traveling round the world regarless of what is happening in the country and our economy
Mya God Help Nigeria
Re: Wike Increases Rivers Corpers' Allowance by cutey08(f): 1:26pm On Mar 24, 2016
[your mind dey dere jare]Last Time Rivers State paid corpers was 2013.. Any body that picks Rivers state because of 15k is on a long thing. A state that cant pay 10k wants to pay 15k?? very funny. Wike should fish out the guys involved in embezzling Rivers state corpers monthly allowance and pay up previous sets [/quote]
Re: Wike Increases Rivers Corpers' Allowance by Niyinficient(m): 2:04pm On Mar 24, 2016
saintdennis:

AZzin viewing that pics makes me wanna puke! See jubilations?! Infact wike is a beast! Any government that talks money at this time is insensitive!

What I expect is him talking about the orphans family compensation, security for corpers, sensitization of corpers on need to put their lives first during elections etc!

Is it the current state allowee package that killed the corper? Infact most govts would first see if the corpers death would affect willingness of prospective corpers to serve in rivers?

See that yellow idiot throwing fist in celebration?! It's so sad Nigerian youths have no moral compass, I even expected nysc members to stage a protest nationwide! Have they forgotten those killed or had limbs cut off when pmb lost election?

Or those that drowned @ bayelsa while heading to their polling units?

so if rivers state allowee increases by 5k everytime a corper dies due to election related matters then I bet you rivers allowee will hit 60k come 2020. Cos 2019 might be worse (in terms of violence)

When politicians say the youth are not ready for govt positions you begin to concur when you look @ dat pic.

Wike knows hw gullible Nigerians youths are! And they only way he can get to them is via monetary appeal! It's so pathetic dat we place money ahead ofvalue

When I was serving in the North, a colleague was robbed by armed herdsmen on his way from a village whr inec posted him for voters registration, INEC officials arrested him and said he most provide d materials given to him, wat if d guy had been killed? When we raised the issues abt security during d main election, they were just blabbing.

In a bye election for senatorial seat, whr i was d PO,d security attachee, (a codgel-carrying policeman) wore a pull-over on his uniform, u wont knw he's a policeman. When i was defiant abt some practices, he was even trying to cajole me into bowing to d locals wish of malpractices. I held my ground and was lucky to get away unhurt! (my Ekiti stubborness nearly got me killed)

This shows dat both inec and nysc av no plan towards maximising d security of corp members! It's so so pathetic! And d situation ain't getting better.
Re: Wike Increases Rivers Corpers' Allowance by Carter4luv(m): 6:44am On Mar 25, 2016
dats my governor more grace to ur elbow.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

COVID-19: Isolation Centre In Taraba NYSC Orientation Camp (Photos) / #NYSCAllowance Is Trending On Twitter, And Here Is Why (See Reactions) / Corps Member Slumps And Dies In Nasarawa (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 108
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.