Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,822 members, 7,810,153 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 09:52 PM

Universities With Wireless Internet Access - Education (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Universities With Wireless Internet Access (59100 Views)

UK Universities With The Highest First Cass Degrees / Nigerian Universities With The Highest Number Of Professors - NUC / Top 5 Universities With Terrible Postgraduate Programmes (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (12) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Universities With Wireless Internet Access by greatbrian(m): 7:51pm On Mar 25, 2016
amokeme:
I think all private unis
Except acheivers uni owo onto state I was dia b4 I left to follow my dreams
Re: Universities With Wireless Internet Access by Nobody: 7:51pm On Mar 25, 2016
FUTA

2 Likes

Re: Universities With Wireless Internet Access by Boltzmannolly(m): 7:52pm On Mar 25, 2016
Federal University of Technology Akure (FUTA) has a powerful wireless network.

2 Likes

Re: Universities With Wireless Internet Access by haibe(m): 7:52pm On Mar 25, 2016
OmichaelO:
University of Lagos
Unlimited data access 24/7
both undergraduate and post graduate
in their hostels, library and places like zoology garden, you have to pay.

Our login is usually matric number and surname as password.

During my stay in unilag, I think I capped 1TB
grin grin

I used up to 5Tb for sure.. Science wifi suffer for my hand, CITS-IKOLI, RANSOME KUTI, and botanical garden were huge contributors too.. I miss unilag sha
Re: Universities With Wireless Internet Access by Sylvester70(m): 7:52pm On Mar 25, 2016
UNIPORT thue its paid
Re: Universities With Wireless Internet Access by busket(m): 7:52pm On Mar 25, 2016
uniAbuja
Re: Universities With Wireless Internet Access by pavlovt: 7:54pm On Mar 25, 2016
opeano:
Hello all.
I sincerely need the help and attention of students and researchers here. I am contemplating on conducting a research that examines Students Internet addiction and their mental Health and how it affects their academic performance.
The area I need our help is in helping with information on Universities where Wireless Internet Access is made available to all students, either Free of charge or paid.
I do know about UNILORIN and UNIJOS. Ur addition is needed as soon as possible.

Thanks everyone as I await our contributions

FUTA
Re: Universities With Wireless Internet Access by Surestdick(m): 7:54pm On Mar 25, 2016
FUOYE its free
Re: Universities With Wireless Internet Access by Clemsworld(m): 7:55pm On Mar 25, 2016
NDU it's not passworded for all students, staffs, n the community 247 but very strong btw 1am to 5am at admin chs n in front of their VC office, the cost is included in their fees.
Re: Universities With Wireless Internet Access by people3: 7:55pm On Mar 25, 2016
EKITI STATE UNIVERSITY (EKSU) has wifi as far back as 2013 but you will pay for it #1000 per month with correct password and username beside d main auditorium for laptop and smartphone
Re: Universities With Wireless Internet Access by feco12: 7:56pm On Mar 25, 2016
UNIVERSITY OF UYO (UNIUYO)
Re: Universities With Wireless Internet Access by pavy(m): 7:56pm On Mar 25, 2016
FUTA, but you gotta pay to get access to the WiFi...its supper fast BTW wink

1 Like

Re: Universities With Wireless Internet Access by smartoliver(m): 7:57pm On Mar 25, 2016
UNIBEN has,though not free,usually subscribed for every section...but it is sometimes open during Exams
Re: Universities With Wireless Internet Access by smartoliver(m): 7:57pm On Mar 25, 2016
UNIBEN has,though not free,usually subscribed for every section...but it is sometimes opened during Exams
Re: Universities With Wireless Internet Access by deyoungy: 7:57pm On Mar 25, 2016
[quote author=CivilzedTyger post=44101307]Please who knows about Bayero University, Kano (BUK)?[/quote

Buk has a wireless Internet connection too, but it's very poor compared to other universities. The wif is accessible within the ICT though!
Re: Universities With Wireless Internet Access by OmichaelO: 7:58pm On Mar 25, 2016
haibe:

I used up to 5Tb for sure.. Science wifi suffer for my hand, CITS-IKOLI, RANSOME KUTI, and botanical garden were huge contributors too.. I miss unilag sha
Hehe
bad guy.. The thing it never fails.
I'm now so spoilt that I don't watch low or medium quality movies ir series.

you were In biobaku? because only people in the area can get to use ransome kuti wireless. lol
Re: Universities With Wireless Internet Access by CivilzedTyger(m): 8:00pm On Mar 25, 2016
MrBONE2:
Eh hem, grin i only know most of BUK new campus own Cos i go there @ the Bush grin close to Janguza Barack to hunt for Bush Meats.CIT"Center for information Technology,the school Labrary,Academy Office and Most of the Students Hall have frrreee wifi Network, Most especially El kanami Hall,Idris Garba Hall and Ramat Hall grin

Gyarbonka Shakalalalaa.... grin
Thanks but what's the meaning of your last sentence
Re: Universities With Wireless Internet Access by omoplaycool(m): 8:01pm On Mar 25, 2016
Abu Zaria
Re: Universities With Wireless Internet Access by CivilzedTyger(m): 8:01pm On Mar 25, 2016
[quote author=deyoungy post=44106912][/quote] what a pity
Re: Universities With Wireless Internet Access by hawk05(m): 8:01pm On Mar 25, 2016
Unilorin cloud
Re: Universities With Wireless Internet Access by akalamoyo(m): 8:04pm On Mar 25, 2016
grin grin
That of polyibadan will never work. They haven't paid me, the contractor.
sammyscholar:
UI. Polyibadan to launch its own later this year.
Re: Universities With Wireless Internet Access by abdulxee: 8:04pm On Mar 25, 2016
KADUNA STATE UNIVERSITY(KASU) DIA AR WIRELESS FOR FREE ND UNLIMITED ACCESS...PRPUDLY A KASU GRADUATE!!!
Re: Universities With Wireless Internet Access by haibe(m): 8:04pm On Mar 25, 2016
OmichaelO:
Hehe
bad guy.. The thing it never fails.
I'm now so spoilt that I don't watch low or medium quality movies ir series.

you were In biobaku? because only people in the area can get to use ransome kuti wireless. lol
yea I stayed in biobaku in year 2 and 3.. Shodeinde in yr4
Re: Universities With Wireless Internet Access by olayinkajnr(m): 8:05pm On Mar 25, 2016
opeano:
Hello all.
I sincerely need the help and attention of students and researchers here. I am contemplating on conducting a research that examines Students Internet addiction and their mental Health and how it affects their academic performance.
The area I need our help is in helping with information on Universities where Wireless Internet Access is made available to all students, either Free of charge or paid.
I do know about UNILORIN and UNIJOS. Ur addition is needed as soon as possible.

Thanks everyone as I await our contributions

Ahmadu Bello University, Zaria. Every student is given a password and their matric number act as their username. Its paid together wit d school fees and nt dat obvious even
Re: Universities With Wireless Internet Access by Nobody: 8:05pm On Mar 25, 2016
kwasu
Re: Universities With Wireless Internet Access by Nobody: 8:05pm On Mar 25, 2016
Federal University Dutse [FUD] have wireless for both students and staff
Re: Universities With Wireless Internet Access by Godzlove8(m): 8:06pm On Mar 25, 2016
hesinbergx:
UNICAL. Has wifi
how fast is it? And is it FREE?
Re: Universities With Wireless Internet Access by jidxin(m): 8:08pm On Mar 25, 2016
unilorin d only school with fibre optic
Re: Universities With Wireless Internet Access by Nobody: 8:08pm On Mar 25, 2016
LAUTECH
Re: Universities With Wireless Internet Access by adiguns3(m): 8:09pm On Mar 25, 2016
sammyscholar:
UI. Polyibadan to launch its own later this year.

Is that why all Polites are asked to pay #8'000 each
Re: Universities With Wireless Internet Access by titifranc: 8:10pm On Mar 25, 2016
It's available in Federal University of Technology Akure.. but based on ur kalakal (FUTA)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (12) (Reply)

Pictures Of Some Nigeria University Main School Gates. / Pictures People Who Attended Primary School In Nigeria Will Get. / Lagos Pegs Entry Age Into JSS1 At 12 Years

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 23
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.