Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,039 members, 7,818,079 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 07:14 AM

Universities With Wireless Internet Access - Education (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Universities With Wireless Internet Access (59171 Views)

UK Universities With The Highest First Cass Degrees / Nigerian Universities With The Highest Number Of Professors - NUC / Top 5 Universities With Terrible Postgraduate Programmes (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (12) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Universities With Wireless Internet Access by artsoft1: 8:39pm On Mar 25, 2016
esoboy875:
Ar u takin abt samaru or kongo?
It's definitely samaru.
Re: Universities With Wireless Internet Access by safzor: 8:39pm On Mar 25, 2016
Usmanu danfodio university, sokoto.they have a strong wi-fi network around the school and hostel
Re: Universities With Wireless Internet Access by kennethokey15(m): 8:40pm On Mar 25, 2016
Godzlove8:
Does unical also have free wifi?

Sure, Unical do have. We login in with our Matric numbers.The WiFi in our graduate school was not protected when I was a student. Miss those days hanging around the school library searching for WiFi network. I also miss using/charging my HP(Hot Plate) in the hostel (Malabor) to boil beans. Lol! Rep Hall 4 Unical (Malabor London).

Once a Malabite will always be a Malabite. Proud to be one.

Like if your were/are a Malabite or Malabress.
Re: Universities With Wireless Internet Access by yadeshina(m): 8:42pm On Mar 25, 2016
Kwara State University (KWASU). Connect anywia in d sch premises and fast
Re: Universities With Wireless Internet Access by icewinz(m): 8:45pm On Mar 25, 2016
American university of nigeria(AUN) there wifi network hit available from yola-bye pass road(opp the school gate),including gtbank 'AUN' branch (there wifi network is also available in the environs).
Then when you step into the school bloot of of dullard president, netty d available even when u enter the school's public tiolet.

In other news Deeper life high school too is powered wireless.
Re: Universities With Wireless Internet Access by bk630(m): 8:47pm On Mar 25, 2016
Yobe state university has internet, but they charge 3K per session.
Re: Universities With Wireless Internet Access by Nobody: 8:47pm On Mar 25, 2016
jayloms:

Pls don't forget to add that the network is cast except when it's under maintenance the speed bolts up and d access become open.
LOL!.

Most of the universities they are mentioning here only has Wifi with very poor network bt they will skip dat part.

Same with Uniport.
Re: Universities With Wireless Internet Access by aromonday(m): 8:48pm On Mar 25, 2016
Pan Africa University
Re: Universities With Wireless Internet Access by numericalguy(m): 8:49pm On Mar 25, 2016
Ahmadu Bello University, Zaria.
Wireless network is everywhere. In class area, hostels, libraries, laboratories, workshops, common rooms, etc.

I think it was costing about 1.5K per anum (for M.Sc students) and you get to pay as part of your school fee.

This info is nearly 2years old and things could have changed.
Re: Universities With Wireless Internet Access by Godzlove8(m): 8:54pm On Mar 25, 2016
kennethokey15:

Sure, Unical do have. We login in with our Matric numbers.The WiFi in our graduate school was not protected when I was a student. Miss those days hanging around the school library searching for WiFi network. I also miss using/charging my HP(Hot Plate) in the hostel (Malabor) to boil beans. Lol! Rep Hall 4 Unical (Malabor London).

Once a Malabite will always be a Malabite. Proud to be one.

Like if your were/are a Malabite or Malabress.
lol.. Thanks bro grin
Re: Universities With Wireless Internet Access by adepiero: 8:56pm On Mar 25, 2016
queenaisha:
lol..the struggle is real!
Azzin... I was a bit popular with some of my friends back then. People go just queue dey wait for us for night class grin

1 Like

Re: Universities With Wireless Internet Access by ENEONWO(m): 8:56pm On Mar 25, 2016
emmancipated:
uniport, 2 hrs free network access everyday

Liar!
Uniport has active wifi for both staff and students. It is 24/7. I am even using it now. If you are in Uniport go to ICTC to activate yours upon payment of monthly fee of five hundred naira.
Re: Universities With Wireless Internet Access by leewin(m): 8:56pm On Mar 25, 2016
university of Benin though not free #3000 per semester #5000 per session
Re: Universities With Wireless Internet Access by yurme(m): 8:57pm On Mar 25, 2016
Kasu has ooo b like em dne block am nw slf mtcheeeew
Re: Universities With Wireless Internet Access by Abacharles(m): 8:59pm On Mar 25, 2016
LAUTECH = LAUNET
Re: Universities With Wireless Internet Access by adebayogodwwin17: 9:01pm On Mar 25, 2016
Hw abt Buk
Re: Universities With Wireless Internet Access by penukz2015(m): 9:03pm On Mar 25, 2016
ABSU then admin block, science block, Senate and environmental block.
Re: Universities With Wireless Internet Access by ziccog(m): 9:07pm On Mar 25, 2016
opeano:
Hello all.
I sincerely need the help and attention of students and researchers here. I am contemplating on conducting a research that examines Students Internet addiction and their mental Health and how it affects their academic performance.
The area I need our help is in helping with information on Universities where Wireless Internet Access is made available to all students, either Free of charge or paid.
I do know about UNILORIN and UNIJOS. Ur addition is needed as soon as possible.

Thanks everyone as I await our contributions
(UDUS) Usman Danfodio University sokoto
Re: Universities With Wireless Internet Access by Ibcrown(m): 9:08pm On Mar 25, 2016
Usman danfodio university sokoto. Free wireless everywhere..
Re: Universities With Wireless Internet Access by PraiseGyps(f): 9:09pm On Mar 25, 2016
Afe babalola university (abuad)
Re: Universities With Wireless Internet Access by specimenG: 9:10pm On Mar 25, 2016
FUTA has buh u av to pay a Lil amount before you can make use of it. Some departments WiFi are for free
Re: Universities With Wireless Internet Access by Kjking(m): 9:12pm On Mar 25, 2016
AKSU (Akwa ibom state university) it's free
Re: Universities With Wireless Internet Access by muller101(m): 9:19pm On Mar 25, 2016
adepiero:
When internet came to Unilorin around 2009, I overbrowsed and downloaded like hell and it affected me healthwise not educational wise. I learnt browsing for three days straight can kill. cry

Even when it got blocked I hacked the system and started sharing data for people. grin
I smell lies.
Re: Universities With Wireless Internet Access by Bishops10(m): 9:21pm On Mar 25, 2016
xolocious:
uniben, UNN
How sure are you that Uniben has it?
Re: Universities With Wireless Internet Access by precyb(f): 9:27pm On Mar 25, 2016
madonna university .........free wifi everyday uninterrupted.
Re: Universities With Wireless Internet Access by Olasco93: 9:29pm On Mar 25, 2016
opeano:

I do know about UNILORIN and UNIJOS. Ur addition is needed as soon as possible.

Thanks everyone as I await our contributions
UNIJOS have free wireless access in her Modern Library... Out of 100% of students that enter into the library, on 10% are in for the real purpose, the rest 80% are there to either Update their Laptop, Download, Watch Youtube etc. All free of charge.
The free internet access is not only limited to the Libraries, but some specific places like the Natural Science Faculty and other academic buildings...
Though, when you check the breakdown of the school fees receipt, you will discover that every students pay for Internet Service Maintenance fee whether you use or not. So, it's not totally free...
Re: Universities With Wireless Internet Access by psychologist(m): 9:31pm On Mar 25, 2016
bjhaid:
polylib, ground floor wifi e.t.c
Omo better grin
Re: Universities With Wireless Internet Access by iamgiggssleaky(m): 9:31pm On Mar 25, 2016
yahoofak:
UNIUYO has it and it's free. username is your reg. number, you set your password via school portal

yea true. the famous UNIUYO HOTSPOT
back then in school when it was open to everyone without security around 2012/2013 session, So many people weren't aware of it. I downloaded as i liked. in fact, that is the fastest internet speed I have experienced till date. dunno weda it was running on a 5G network lol cos the download speed was out of this world.
Re: Universities With Wireless Internet Access by obalove(m): 9:33pm On Mar 25, 2016
usmanu danfodiyo university sokoto
Re: Universities With Wireless Internet Access by Eleniyan15: 9:33pm On Mar 25, 2016
Boscojugunu:
Lasu
brro nah only library nah abi??
Re: Universities With Wireless Internet Access by BLESSEDCY(m): 9:34pm On Mar 25, 2016
Yea! It's true about UNN, but EBSU also have WiFi services
Re: Universities With Wireless Internet Access by Peterlawyer(m): 9:34pm On Mar 25, 2016
Uam also has wireless network just with ur matric number u go access it..it not always strong

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (12) (Reply)

Pictures People Who Attended Primary School In Nigeria Will Get. / The Summary Of 'Sweet Sixteen' By Bolaji Abdullahi. 2019 JAMB Novel / 12 Types Of Students You Will Meet In Night Classes

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 26
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.