Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,158 members, 7,821,937 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 10:13 PM

What Can Make You Forgive Your Wife If She Cheats? - Family (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / What Can Make You Forgive Your Wife If She Cheats? (57903 Views)

Why Nigerian Men Hardly Forgive A Cheating Woman / I Have Been Sleeping With Your Wife – Man Tells Neighbour (pics) / It's Stupidity To Divorce Your Wife Because She Cheats On You - Nigerian Lady (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (15) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: What Can Make You Forgive Your Wife If She Cheats? by SexyStrawberry(f): 11:52pm On Apr 04, 2016
AfroKnight:
I will forgive for the sake of my own sanity and peace of mind. And by forgiveness, I mean I would not take or even consider revenge any more and I'd try not to refer to the incident whenever other arguments come up.

However, she needs to leave that house. I won't hate her but it would be sheer torment to be reminded of her unfaithfulness whenever I see her lovely face - the face of a cheat. The mind will never forget such incidences.

if u can feel the pain like this, coz from ur words, i can understand how u must be hurting to find out ur lovely pretty wife is unfaithful to u, then imagine the excruciating pain women go through on a daily basis when their husbands cheat on them, and it's not like it's a one time thing, he does it over and over and over again! Yet they have the big heart to forgive and still remain with him no matter what! U will claim ur human, ain't she human as well? The heart of a man.......................... U can help me and complete it.

2 Likes

Re: What Can Make You Forgive Your Wife If She Cheats? by PrivateInvestig: 11:55pm On Apr 04, 2016
I cant stay with a cheating babe, let alone wife. Am i mad? I ll forgive her. But thats d end. Its unimaginable, thinking the doggy style dey used. cry

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: What Can Make You Forgive Your Wife If She Cheats? by Slapsticker: 11:55pm On Apr 04, 2016
if my wife cheats, it's my fault. I am gonna see what I am not doing right, forgive her and make amends.

I can't afford to start all over cos of my mistakes.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: What Can Make You Forgive Your Wife If She Cheats? by shevydinho(m): 11:56pm On Apr 04, 2016
I will not forgive her based on the fact that she can get a intimacy gadget nd satisfy her sexual desire
Re: What Can Make You Forgive Your Wife If She Cheats? by SexyStrawberry(f): 11:59pm On Apr 04, 2016
gcode123:

True....

But how do women do it though. How do they forgive a cheatung man. Do you ladies continue finding d man attractive or its just forced.

Those women that forgives are the symbols of true and undying love, its takes a strong woman to forgive n remain with him, so many women are doing it, but men will never do it, cos if he does, he's probably milking her dry of some sort of resources and when he's done, he leaves.
Re: What Can Make You Forgive Your Wife If She Cheats? by merbenko: 12:00am On Apr 05, 2016
SexyStrawberry:
Men will never ever forgive a cheating spouse, so why should women forgive their men for cheating on them? i don't get it, for me the equation has to balance, as long as u as a man will never forgive me for cheating, i will never forgive u as well coz I'm not Jesus' younger sister, and any man who claims he has forgiven his spouse, check very very well, she'll never enjoy that union ever again.
Right away from time immemorial men are born with ego of polygamy nature in them. A married man go out there and marry wife's. But never in the history of a woman to marry modern one husband. A husband with four wife if eventually he caught one of them cheating, believe you me it will not end well

1 Like

Re: What Can Make You Forgive Your Wife If She Cheats? by Bollinger(m): 12:02am On Apr 05, 2016
missbronze:
If Hosea can forgive Gomar for unfaithfulness in the bible.

Why then, will a man not forgive his wife if she cheats.

You can forgive for children, the sacrifices she made in the marriage, etc.

All I am saying is to forgive is Divine.

And as long as we are mere mortals, to sin or err is a must. it may be from husband or wife. Therefore, we should always be ready to forgive one another.

Yeah right. There is no freaking way I'll forgive a woman who does that.
Re: What Can Make You Forgive Your Wife If She Cheats? by nkemjacob2(m): 12:04am On Apr 05, 2016
I wil forgive her, in as much she is remorseful and mearnt it in her heart to change
Re: What Can Make You Forgive Your Wife If She Cheats? by AreaFada2: 12:07am On Apr 05, 2016
When a woman cheats, her man's life is in danger.

Men can casually cheat, no emotion involved. Just a mechanical process. cheesy

But MOST women get emotionally attached. The guy they cheat with can brainwash her to kill you. Or her lover can even organise killing you.
Both can then take your properties or just to remove you as an obstacle.

Also women cheating in marriage could mean your kids are not biologically yours. Like 30% of all kids by the way.

9 Likes

Re: What Can Make You Forgive Your Wife If She Cheats? by MDOLOFU: 12:08am On Apr 05, 2016
Wen kind Solomon in Bible married 700 wife's n 300 girl friend in total 1000 women he was recognised as wisest man dat ever live on d face of d earth, wen dat lady tri to do lik king solo just 8 husband ooo she was recognised as a prostitute sorry ASHAWO. U see y lady's have to keep praying their husband never find lov outside?
Re: What Can Make You Forgive Your Wife If She Cheats? by INNOCENT16286: 12:08am On Apr 05, 2016
"but as we all know most cheaters (The men)".
THAT STATEMENT ABOVE CAN EVEN EMPOWER SOMEBODY'S WIFE TO CHEAT. THAT IS BY THE WAY!
AS FOR ME, I WILL INVOLVE OUR PARENTS AND REVEREND FATHER. WHATEVER THEY SAY IS WHAT I WILL WORK WITH. PLS TRY AND OVERCOME ANY TEMPTATION THAT INVOLVES MARRIED PERSON AT ALL COST! THANKS
Re: What Can Make You Forgive Your Wife If She Cheats? by SexyStrawberry(f): 12:10am On Apr 05, 2016
merbenko:
Right away from time immemorial men are born with ego of polygamy nature in them. A married man go out there and marry wife's. But never in the history of a woman to marry modern one husband. A husband with four wife if eventually he caught one of them cheating, believe you me it will not end well

i really want to reply this mundane mentality of urs, but I've vowed never to use insulting words on anyone here on Nairaland, not to talk of someone i cant even see or know what he/she looks like coz my reply wont be pretty at all being that I'm a blunt kinda person, i talk without decorating my words to soothe the ears. So u are lucky, don't quote me again pls. Thank u.
Re: What Can Make You Forgive Your Wife If She Cheats? by Toks2008(m): 12:10am On Apr 05, 2016
PureWays:
I know it can be very painful and frustrating if you find out that your lady cheats on you, but as we all know most cheaters (The men) disagree with double standards when it comes to cheating... Lol..
So, here is my question:

What could make you forgive your wife if she cheats and ask for your forgiveness?
Considering the fact that you ain't no saint, will you forgive her?

If i deeply love her and that is the very first time.
Re: What Can Make You Forgive Your Wife If She Cheats? by tomdon(m): 12:11am On Apr 05, 2016
firstEVA:
Men hardly forgive a cheating spouse, if for any reason she remains in his house as wife, she will not enjoy the marriage.

why not?
I forgive my wife in advance for any and every sin.
she just needs to be counselled and prayed for.
the thing is that there's no more genuine love in many marriages nowadays, people just cohabit, that's why they have many stringent rules against each other.
very reason why its good for a man to marry who he can love with the love of Christ.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: What Can Make You Forgive Your Wife If She Cheats? by Barigaboy(m): 12:13am On Apr 05, 2016
Once I truly love her n she promise never to do that again cos m not also perfect.
Re: What Can Make You Forgive Your Wife If She Cheats? by eme1n(m): 12:14am On Apr 05, 2016
Nigerian men were not built for this ISHT.. they can never forgive. Imagine some1 caning ur Mrs, na die get all of una.
Re: What Can Make You Forgive Your Wife If She Cheats? by icanadex: 12:15am On Apr 05, 2016
je veux quelqu'un qui serait mon meilleur ami, mon amant, mon autre moitié, ma raison de sourire, mon monde, mon tout
Re: What Can Make You Forgive Your Wife If She Cheats? by AfroKnight: 12:18am On Apr 05, 2016
SexyStrawberry:

if u can feel the pain like this, coz from ur words, i can understand how u must be hurting to find out ur lovely pretty wife is unfaithful to u, then imagine the excruciating pain women go through on a daily basis when their husbands cheat on them, and it's not like it's a one time thing, he does it over and over and over again! Yet they have the big heart to forgive and still remain with him no matter what! U will claim ur human, ain't she human as well? The heart of a man.......................... U can help me and complete it.
"Man" in that context refers to "humankind". Well, of course you'd know that. You just want to colour the meaning to suit your sentiment. grin

Why should I consider those women?

If other men cheat on their longsuffering wives, how does that rob me of the right to be hurt or even indignant should my wife cheat? Should I knowingly torment myself because of a lofty notion?

Many of those "noble" women remain in such homes because of finance. Some others would consider the pleas of family members and remain in that marriage so that they won't be tagged stubborn. Some just don't want their children to grow up with separated parents. I believe they all have their various practical reasons for staying but love (for the husband) is not one of them.

So please don't preach this message to me. I cannor gree.... At least for now.

3 Likes

Re: What Can Make You Forgive Your Wife If She Cheats? by martineverest(m): 12:19am On Apr 05, 2016
My future wife wont cheat,cos d consequence(in my culture) is very harsh
Re: What Can Make You Forgive Your Wife If She Cheats? by BuddhaPalm(m): 12:20am On Apr 05, 2016
AccidentalGenius:
Once she cheats, she Leaves!

it's something she carefully thought of before she did it

No one carefully thinks about sex or affairs.

Na compulsion. It just overtakes you, and before you know it, someone slips and lands on an erect pen1s.
Re: What Can Make You Forgive Your Wife If She Cheats? by etimetiefe: 12:20am On Apr 05, 2016
I will forgive her for all the things she did right, and not because of the one thing she did wrong ** thats pure love**
Re: What Can Make You Forgive Your Wife If She Cheats? by BuddhaPalm(m): 12:26am On Apr 05, 2016
missbronze:
I don't really agree with your last statement.

Situations can make people do something drastic.

Let's look at this scenario for eg,

A wife and her husband have a kid who is critically ill and hospital wouldn't commence treatment unless a deposit is made.

husband and wife runs around for money, yet. no help.
( let's say husband have no job and poor)

Wife now runs to a rich neighbor for assistance, and he asks to sleep with her before rendering assistance.

Believe me, it will take a strong woman not to give in to save her child.

But, if she gives in for her child, will you say she has been planning it?

You're going too far.

Just normal konji or boredom. Women that can get bored like kilode.

Once she settles into the boring routine of marriage, the allure of new shiny objects is quite hard to resist.
Re: What Can Make You Forgive Your Wife If She Cheats? by goingape: 12:30am On Apr 05, 2016
missbronze:
If he as a human can sin against God and ask him for forgiveness, and, he forgives.

Then, he should forgive his wife. Esp, if she is remorseful, Kids or no Kids.

two thins you don't really understand the meaning! forgiveness and forget!

God can forgive and forget because he his a god while humans can forgive but won't forget that incident and once one won't forget that incident, he will think of how to revenge back.

a woman can easily forgive a man and forget because she has no choice but to do it but a man won't let it go freely because he his egocentric in nature. take this as an example! why do you think we can't forget that civil war incident and most times have a tribal war? because it is very hard to forget and easily say I forgive you orally but not inwardly (heart.)!

as a man! this is a taboo to forgive ya cheating wife. she must face the consequences and be dealt with by all means. forgiveness is a cheap talk! in a man's world thins don't just go easily.

if your best female friend snatch your husband, tell her you forgive her and you think what you just said as if it will be very easy to get what ya work hard to get and someone just take it from you.

experience is the best teacher!
Re: What Can Make You Forgive Your Wife If She Cheats? by Taryur3(m): 12:31am On Apr 05, 2016
missbronze:
If Hosea can forgive Gomar for unfaithfulness in the bible.

Why then, will a man not forgive his wife if she cheats.

You can forgive for children, the sacrifices she made in the marriage, etc.

All I am saying is to forgive is Divine.

And as long as we are mere mortals, to sin or err is a must. it may be from husband or wife. Therefore, we should always be ready to forgive one another.

Hell Noo to your preaching and I hope you shouldn't cheat in your marriage.why on earth will you try to bleep another man when you already engaged to a husband.?forget Mr forgive and divine here.they ain't in existence when it comes to marital cheating.as for me...I will never trust you till death do us part anymore.I will even go and do DNA for all the children to know if am at work.
Re: What Can Make You Forgive Your Wife If She Cheats? by adonisvg(m): 12:33am On Apr 05, 2016
It's painful really. But then forgiving is not the problem, but forgetting is. I believe God's grace is sufficient enough for me to learn to forget. I need to forget for peace and happiness to reign for the sake of my children. No divorce for me or broken home for my kids. Even when we have no kids, I'd still keep her. It hurts to the marrow. It takes the Lord's grace alone.

Omnia vincit amor. Love conquers all things

1 Like

Re: What Can Make You Forgive Your Wife If She Cheats? by adonisvg(m): 12:33am On Apr 05, 2016
It's painful really. But then forgiving is not the problem, forgetting is. I believe God's grace is sufficient enough for me to learn to forget. I need to forget for peace and happiness to reign for the sake of my children. No divorce for me or broken home for my kids. Even when we have no kids, I'd still keep her. It hurts to the marrow. It takes the Lord's grace alone.

Omnia vincit amor. Love conquers all things.

One more thing, the trust is shattered. She has to give me more time to get to trust her again. She has to earn it. You see men getting HBP, Low Self Esteem, Paranoid. It's not easy one bit. Imagine when your kids ain't yours? Imagine you're AA and your wife is AS, and your kid is SS? Jesu! How? Na God finally.

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: What Can Make You Forgive Your Wife If She Cheats? by Taryur3(m): 12:34am On Apr 05, 2016
Slapsticker:
if my wife cheats, it's my fault. I am gonna see what I am not doing right, forgive her and make amends.

I can't afford to start all over cos of my mistakes.
You are a learner.you never jam ogbanje asshole.go and marry ashawo that bleeps around and then blame your self for everything. Body go tell you after 10months

1 Like

Re: What Can Make You Forgive Your Wife If She Cheats? by sage85(m): 12:35am On Apr 05, 2016
missbronze:
I don't really agree with your last statement.

Situations can make people do something drastic.

Let's look at this scenario for eg,

A wife and her husband have a kid who is critically ill and hospital wouldn't commence treatment unless a deposit is made.

husband and wife runs around for money, yet. no help.
( let's say husband have no job and poor)

Wife now runs to a rich neighbor for assistance, and he asks to sleep with her before rendering assistance.

Believe me, it will take a strong woman not to give in to save her child.

But, if she gives in for her child, will you say she has been planning it?
that one na movie.
Re: What Can Make You Forgive Your Wife If She Cheats? by kingsley2rhyme(m): 12:37am On Apr 05, 2016
This missbronze self, why are you talking like you can fall into such temptation?
If as a single guy I can't stomach my girlfriend cheat o me, why then should I forgive and forget it never happened if she cheats? I just will not forgive her, even if she has children for me, anyone of them that has a funny or different look will be scrutinized. May God not let me be a nanny for another man's child.
missbronze:
For the fact a wife is human and not God, then, she is likely to fall into temptation and sin against her husband.
Re: What Can Make You Forgive Your Wife If She Cheats? by SexyStrawberry(f): 12:37am On Apr 05, 2016
AfroKnight:

"Man" in that context refers to "humankind". Well, of course you'd know that. You just want to colour the meaning to suit your sentiment. grin

Why should I consider those women?

If other men cheat on their longsuffering wives, how does that rob me of the right to be hurt or even indignant should my wife cheat? Should I knowingly torment myself because of a lofty notion?

Many of those "noble" women remain in such homes because of finance. Some others would consider the pleas of family members and remain in that marriage so that they won't be tagged stubborn. Some just don't want their children to grow up with separated parents. I believe they all have their various practical reasons for staying but love (for the husband) is not one of them.

So please don't preach this message to me. I cannor gree.... At least for now.

I hope the word "divorce " is still in ur dictionary? Many women are readily opting for it just in case you've not noticed, and as for financial support, helloooooo! don't u have eyes to see that most women are standing their own grounds without their husband's support? I've personally seen lots of marriages where the wife is the breadwinner of her home and no one knows about it unless u are extremely close to the family to notice the difference, my dear it's only d undying love she has for her husband that can make her stay, millions of kids are being raised in a broken home, don't forget that, so i see no tangible reason whatsoever for her to be obliged to remain with a cheating husband.

1 Like

Re: What Can Make You Forgive Your Wife If She Cheats? by ezelos(m): 12:39am On Apr 05, 2016
When things went really ugly btw us, I forgave my girl after she confessed to cheating, but I don't think I can do the same if married.
Re: What Can Make You Forgive Your Wife If She Cheats? by charyluv: 12:39am On Apr 05, 2016
it takes d grace of God & d luv u hv for her. coolit takes d grace of God & d luv u hv for her.

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (15) (Reply)

When You Refuse To Take Your Child Along With You...(photo) / Married Zimbabwean Woman Caught Cheating With 7 Men (Photos) / I've Had 170 Children And I'm Not Going To Stop - British Man

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 62
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.