Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,873 members, 7,828,111 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 01:02 AM

Why Does NYSC 'Kill' Relationships? - Romance (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Why Does NYSC 'Kill' Relationships? (18828 Views)

Wrong! 3 Lies About 'unconditional Love' That KILL Relationships / Reasons Why Many Guys Insist On Getting Into Ladies' Pants In Relationships / Dependent Attitude Of Nigerian Girls In Relationships: Poverty Or Greed? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why Does NYSC 'Kill' Relationships? by ghengis(m): 11:32am On Nov 28, 2006
@iice
I hate to admit, u're right, life has to go on!!! thats what people like me and LOVECAT have to learn. Wish nemesis wld just catch up with such ladies (and maybe guys) but it just neva happens
Re: Why Does NYSC 'Kill' Relationships? by ghengis(m): 11:43am On Nov 28, 2006
the saddest part of this whole tale is that my own ex is trying to stage a come-back. Its sad cos as much as i love and want her back, i dont think i can cos i doubt i'll ever trust ha again. Thats part of my grouse with most females, they're just too emotional and for the moment. Cos of some moments with some guy she met during NYSC, she walkd out on an otherwise great relationship and now she wants to come back but i doubt we can ever have it that great again. sad right?
Re: Why Does NYSC 'Kill' Relationships? by Bolarge(m): 12:50pm On Nov 28, 2006
@LOVECAT
  @ghengis
  Eeeeya,y'guys're makin me cry cry cry
Someone get me some tissue cry cry
Re: Why Does NYSC 'Kill' Relationships? by iice(f): 1:42pm On Nov 28, 2006
@LOVECAT, take it easy man, they say time heals. Don't be too hard on women or you will never learn to trust any woman, and who knows in doing so, you might miss the one to complete you i sound like a sappy dope tongue

@Ghengis, Hmmm this your own story wahala na waaa ooo, sorry about what happened as for nemesis catching up with them, maybe it will maybe not, life isnt fair they say, we gotta roll with the punches and persevere. Stay cool smiley
Re: Why Does NYSC 'Kill' Relationships? by LOVECAT(m): 1:53pm On Nov 28, 2006
@gbengis, my big guy how i wish it never happened.Stupid me.
   @iice,please don't be offended, but the truth is that ladies are more or less thesame thing.i am sorry, only if you can see what am passing through.When you are in love you are simply BLIND because EVEN THE URGLY SIDE SEEMED MORE BEAUTIFUL THAN THE BEAUTIFUL SIDE.LOVE-MYSTERIOUS.
    @iice, this lady still give me call wish i don't like at all(even at night).what this lady said wuld nt happen finally happened,what is really disturbing me is that after 6 years my, sorry, that babe still culdnt decide.in fact, she was nt in love with me in the first instance.
    @Bolarge what you wrote make me smile,you really light up my day!! thanks?
Re: Why Does NYSC 'Kill' Relationships? by ghengis(m): 4:59pm On Nov 28, 2006
@Ghengis, Hmmm this your own story wahala na waaa ooo, sorry about what happened as for nemesis catching up with them, maybe it will maybe not, life isnt fair they say, we gotta roll with the punches and persevere. Stay cool

Thank you but i'm not as sad as it sounds. Like i said, i've moved on but it vexes me that smth so good just went off like that, it would av been over now if not for ha come-back moves. but its ok sha!!! My idea abt the majority of women still stands!!!
Re: Why Does NYSC 'Kill' Relationships? by iice(f): 5:25pm On Nov 28, 2006
I know what you mean but its all good, atleast you over it now. wink
Re: Why Does NYSC 'Kill' Relationships? by johnnyde: 11:14am On Nov 29, 2006
hello everyone did anyone serve in sokoto batch b 2005/2006?
Re: Why Does NYSC 'Kill' Relationships? by utch(m): 12:16pm On Nov 29, 2006
what can we say but that the seed of infidelity sown over time finds it's expression during the youth service year. people tend to sow their wide oats during this period. for example my gf of 5 years was hanging out with a 50 yr olda married man and it was our first time apart in those years.
i guess it would have still happend @ some point in the relationship.
i swore neva to marry any girl until after her NYSC!!
Re: Why Does NYSC 'Kill' Relationships? by Hugoboi(m): 12:21pm On Nov 29, 2006
what can we say but that the seed of infidelity sown over time finds it's expression during the youth service year. people tend to sow their wide oats during this period. for example my girlfriend of 5 years was hanging out with a 50 yr olda married man and it was our first time apart in those years.
i guess it would have still happend @ some point in the relationship.
i swore never to marry any girl until after her NYSC

hei yah!!! grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Why Does NYSC 'Kill' Relationships? by zaree: 3:51pm On Dec 01, 2006
hw do i start, wel i must say during my nysc programme i met good friends but i tried a relationship which almost killd my long standin relationship.Thank God it did nt.I wuld say here if u havin a good relationship goin 4 u kip it,neva try 2 comparin wat u had goin 4 a longtime wit a flash(nysc programme).
Re: Why Does NYSC 'Kill' Relationships? by fainguy(m): 10:23pm On Dec 01, 2006
[color=#000099]Hello all. What is the highest paid job in Nigeria today?[/color]
Re: Why Does NYSC 'Kill' Relationships? by dreamxml(m): 4:19am On Dec 07, 2006
yeh you rite
i guess all girls are just the same
Re: Why Does NYSC 'Kill' Relationships? by SisiEko1(f): 10:57am On Jan 25, 2007
Its amazing that anyone would blame the already messed up NYSC for their failed relationship undecided,
Re: Why Does NYSC 'Kill' Relationships? by Ndipe(m): 6:06am On Sep 23, 2007
Give a dog a bad name and hang it.
Re: Why Does NYSC 'Kill' Relationships? by ThoniaSlim(f): 7:07am On Sep 23, 2007
@topic.

Nope NYSC does not kill relationship,the people involve do.
Re: Why Does NYSC 'Kill' Relationships? by speciexl(m): 9:07am On Sep 23, 2007
u know, when i first heard of the NYSC relationship splittin syndrome, it was from my girlfriend. I thot she was looking for an excuse to break up with me in the absence of none. Cos then, we were both graduates, waitin to be called up eh. Fast forward 3 months, en i thank cupid for that decision, cos i really don't know how i would have held mahself, wiv all dem ladies from all over in shorts en t shirts, reveallin what most of em toasters haven't even dreamt of seein. i slept wiv 16 girls thruout me 1 year stay in the north, 5 constant shag partners, en the fun part was that, these were chics wiv blokes somewhere, ha! En to eneryone, it's allpart of havin fun, in the absence of nuttin to do.
Let's face it, what do u expect to get, when u ptu a bunch of youths in one place, for a year wiv nuttin to do 'cept for some lousy excuse of a job, yup, we got big brother all in our laps everybody 'cept this time, it's on a mega scale, en it's real,
NYSC, is the greatest reality TV on earth en there aint anybody around to even capture it, 'cept ourselves of course.
Don't blame me though, i just enjoyed the one year ride, i mean, 1 year IS a long time to wait for someone eh. Yup, it is really a 'YOUTH SERVICE" programme alright, let's keep the "SERVICE" up, haha.
Re: Why Does NYSC 'Kill' Relationships? by speciexl(m): 9:23am On Sep 23, 2007
u know, when i first heard of the NYSC relationship splittin syndrome, it was from my girlfriend. I thot she was looking for an excuse to break up with me in the absence of none. Cos then, we were both graduates, waitin to be called up eh. Fast forward 3 months, en i thank cupid for that decision, cos i really don't know how i would have held mahself, wiv all dem ladies from all over in shorts en t shirts, reveallin what most of em toasters haven't even dreamt of seein. i slept wiv 16 girls thruout me 1 year stay in the north, 5 constant shag partners, en the fun part was that, these were chics wiv blokes somewhere, ha! En to eneryone, it's allpart of havin fun, in the absence of nuttin to do.
Let's face it, what do u expect to get, when u bring together a bunch of youths, for a year wiv nuttin to do 'cept for some lousy excuse of a job, yup, we got big brother all in our laps everybody 'cept this time, it's on a mega scale, en it's real,
NYSC, is the greatest reality TV on earth en there aint anybody around to even capture it, 'cept ourselves of course.
Don't blame me though, i just enjoyed the one year ride, i mean, 1 year IS a long time to wait for someone eh. Yup, it is really a 'YOUTH SERVICE" programme alright, let's keep the "SERVICE" up, haha.
Re: Why Does NYSC 'Kill' Relationships? by whatnext: 3:15pm On Sep 23, 2007
speciexl:

u know, when i first heard of the NYSC relationship splittin syndrome, it was from my girlfriend. I thot she was looking for an excuse to break up with me in the absence of none. Cos then, we were both graduates, waitin to be called up eh. Fast forward 3 months, en i thank cupid for that decision, because i really don't know how i would have held mahself, with all them ladies from all over in shorts en t shirts, reveallin what most of em toasters haven't even dreamt of seein. i slept with 16 girls thruout me 1 year stay in the north, 5 constant shag partners, en the fun part was that, these were chics with blokes somewhere, ha! En to eneryone, it's allpart of havin fun, in the absence of nuttin to do.
Let's face it, what do u expect to get, when u bring together a bunch of youths, for a year with nuttin to do 'cept for some lousy excuse of a job, yup, we got big brother all in our laps everybody 'cept this time, it's on a mega scale, en it's real,

Are you still with that girlfriend of urs?

Lest I forget, congrats on the above achievement.  Hope you've added it to your CV.
Re: Why Does NYSC 'Kill' Relationships? by speciexl(m): 5:51am On Sep 24, 2007
@whatnext
unfortunately for u, the answer is yes!!!! i am still with that girlfriend of mine. the bond is even stronger than before en i am happily employed thank you. she also had her fun, but we realised we were better off together.
i'm sure it's guys or dames like u i met along the line tryin to be soooo sanctimonious en shit.
i didn't grow up in this country, maybe that's why i have a diff. vew of this issue, but the problem is that the culture is too restricted for dudes to have fun, i mean, come on, this is the 21st century not some edwardian time,
live a little eh, u don't get ur life twice,

en oh, i also added it to my CV, en part of why i can get things done is cos of my looks.

that answer ur question
Re: Why Does NYSC 'Kill' Relationships? by ghengis(m): 5:33pm On Sep 24, 2007
Now this is funny isn't it I started this thread about a year ago, and guess what? i'm back with my girlfriend and marriage is on the cards, the details? maybe on another thread!
Re: Why Does NYSC 'Kill' Relationships? by sillyboy(m): 10:50am On Sep 25, 2007
As Far as am concerned, the NYSC is a waste of time. Its just unfortunate that the Government has made it compulsory.

The fact that the scheme breaks relationship is very true, but is it the scheme or the the structure? Apart from Lagos, corp members hardly get something to do during the 1 service year. It could be so boring when one is so unfortunate to serve in these not too developed areas.

Believe me, even good and holy girls and boys turns to mischief after a heavy dose of boredom they can no longer stand. There is absolutely no recreational facilities, so they end up with sexual activities as the only form of recreation. And when one get entwinned in a sexual relationship with another, it brings about seep closeness. this could erase whatever relationship that existed before then.

I "rolled" with two ladies that were engaged during my service year. the first one actually got back with his fiancee but the other wasnt that fortunate.

Boredom is one of the greatest reason responsible for all these.
Re: Why Does NYSC 'Kill' Relationships? by Nobody: 3:19pm On Sep 25, 2007
undecided angryshuo, no blame NYSC at all ,abeg.dem force anybody go serve or to leave them bobo, if she/he no love you go find anoda
Re: Why Does NYSC 'Kill' Relationships? by Bblak(f): 5:23pm On Sep 25, 2007
It's not about NYSC killing relationships it's about the individual involved and the level of commitment of the relationship.i know of a girl(my flatmate where i served) that was dating a guy b4 she went for NYSC but had to go for a corper because the first guy was not commited to the relationship and she was not happy in the relationship either.shit happens you know.
Re: Why Does NYSC 'Kill' Relationships? by Nobody: 6:06pm On Sep 25, 2007
Una still dey do that yeye NYSC , 
utter waste of time,  just siddon for bush dey do nothing positive,
I left the damn thing after 2 months,  along with them jobless HOs, (both male and female)
more important things to do with this life abeg, 

@speciexl
what's the crap about you not growing up in the country and this being the 21st century, this is also the AIDs century, herpes, etc,  name it, 
if u like sleeping around,  say u love the sh*t,  and don't bring up 21st century crap,  that's no valid point,
like you were around during the edwardian period?? ??

1 Like

Re: Why Does NYSC 'Kill' Relationships? by speciexl(m): 7:17pm On Sep 25, 2007
@khai khai
dude, u did well sayin NYSC is crap, en hell yeah, i agree wiv ya. IT IS CRAP,. en that's why u can sleep wiv 16 bitches en get away scot free,
but then like i said, ur culture has made ya narrow ur thinkin down to the barest minimum, en that's why u don't recognise a way of life when u see one, even if it hits ya smack in the face. shit,, u gonna be one those sorri ass dudes that hide behind the lame excuse called AIDS en STD's like bunch o' amateurs y'all r, heck how many chics have u ever shagged in ur sori ass life eh oh i'm sure u'r gonna say,now that that aint ur purpose, en u got more important things to do, en think about, but unfortunately, all men r born equal when it comes to the issue of sex,
yup, i do love sleepin around, en who doesn't, ?
go get laid dude, en stop whinin, u might even enjoy it, use ur condom sha,
en u just finished NYSC like two mths ago, like when the hell were u born??
shit
Re: Why Does NYSC 'Kill' Relationships? by Nobody: 11:07pm On Sep 25, 2007
STILL NO POINT MADE, you just helped me enforce mine,
oboy you no even sabi read english, wasted education,
na pidgin i go give you so,
i for try rewrite am for pidgin or for the ebonics wey you dey form for there, no time,
so, betta find persin wey dey hear english make e read am give you,

you do not know me and I am not up for a pissing contest with you, enough said,
Re: Why Does NYSC 'Kill' Relationships? by speciexl(m): 5:54am On Sep 26, 2007
ebonics,, u gotta be kiddin me!!!!!!!!

Well , like u said, 'nuff said,
Props to ya, Hola at ya homeboi eh, !!!!!!!!!
Re: Why Does NYSC 'Kill' Relationships? by mikkyphp(m): 4:45pm On Sep 26, 2007
Nysc bring different kinds of people together. the unreserved freedom just magnifies who they really are. wether nymphos, weak, insecure, indicipline, freak etc. many of whom do not know they posses these qualities.
just dont pray it happens to you.
Re: Why Does NYSC 'Kill' Relationships? by cynthia(f): 7:53am On Jan 28, 2008
Well Well Veriety is the spice of life and NYSC Camp is where veriety lies, who knows?
Re: Why Does NYSC 'Kill' Relationships? by Pitokwe(m): 11:54am On Jan 28, 2008
NYSC does.Iam a living witness because,it killed my four years old relationsip.
Re: Why Does NYSC 'Kill' Relationships? by chuchub: 5:52pm On Jan 28, 2008
Well i would say different folk 4 different ppl cos i had a wonderful time during my service year dat when i gave my life to Christ and started seeing life from a whole different perception. As for flirting i didnt even observed it existed guess God jus kept me from seeing d things dat will upset my faith for him.

Cheating no i didnt cheat on him den all i was tinking is hw to tell him we ve to stop having sex cos we are not married.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Secondary School Students Caught In The Act [pics] / Shocker ! Meet Mother And Daughter Who Are In A Lesbian Relationship [PHOTO] / SHOULD I F**K HER? This Is Why Most Women Love Me [Picture]

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 56
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.