Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,205 members, 7,829,314 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 01:47 AM

Why Does NYSC 'Kill' Relationships? - Romance (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Why Does NYSC 'Kill' Relationships? (18837 Views)

Wrong! 3 Lies About 'unconditional Love' That KILL Relationships / Reasons Why Many Guys Insist On Getting Into Ladies' Pants In Relationships / Dependent Attitude Of Nigerian Girls In Relationships: Poverty Or Greed? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why Does NYSC 'Kill' Relationships? by BravePaul: 6:52pm On Feb 10, 2013
Wish I had read this before because my gf year is about to finish and some things have come to my attention. All women/men are the same doesn't matter how much they try and convince you otherwise.
Re: Why Does NYSC 'Kill' Relationships? by Youngpo413: 1:38pm On Oct 29, 2014
Bolarge:
  @Topic

Ever heard the saying "Character is what U are when nobody's watchin"?
Dt explains the whole NYSC syndrome.

Your bobo/babe ain't there.
Your parents ain't there.
Your pastors ain't there.
Nosy church members ain't there.

What d'U expect?It's the perfect opportunity people have to explore their freakiest fantasies-
And good girls do have fantasies- don't be decieved.

wow this is the best reply.
Re: Why Does NYSC 'Kill' Relationships? by Nobody: 1:42pm On Oct 29, 2014
Youngpo413:

wow this is the best reply.
youngpo

1 Like

Re: Why Does NYSC 'Kill' Relationships? by Youngpo413: 2:13pm On Oct 29, 2014
Vikkyk10:
youngpo

yes dear...
Re: Why Does NYSC 'Kill' Relationships? by Nobody: 2:16pm On Oct 29, 2014
Youngpo413:

yes dear...
samakinr is my bestfwend.Very close and tight fwend.
Re: Why Does NYSC 'Kill' Relationships? by Youngpo413: 2:20pm On Oct 29, 2014
Vikkyk10:
samakinr is my bestfwend.Very close and tight fwend.

I know...
Re: Why Does NYSC 'Kill' Relationships? by Sleekshady(f): 4:22pm On Oct 29, 2014
Am actually scared, my bf is leaving for service soon I don't knw what to expect when he gets back
Re: Why Does NYSC 'Kill' Relationships? by zubby29(m): 4:34pm On Oct 29, 2014
Obaj1:
Thx kachii. Thats exactly my point. My fiance was d perfect example of good girl, We dated 4 nearly 3years, And believe me, i wasn't blinded by love. Unlike d girls Nikegenius mentioned, she's not one to sleep around. Still she messed up, Even she admited that. It all just doesn't add up, I av a couple other female friends who broke up wit their bfs cos of guys they net within d service year. My point is d statistics are kinda too glarin to ignore, Even d good girls aint so good when it comes to d service year!
d point is dat during d service yr,copers generally have alot of spare time to dem slvs.nd wat do u xpct mst of dem to b doing.dey jst hookup together nd d painful tin is dat almst 90% of dem are in serious relationship bfr den.nd mst time imeadtly after servc yr d relationship pack up.it hapnd during my time nd will continue to happen.
Re: Why Does NYSC 'Kill' Relationships? by zubby29(m): 4:40pm On Oct 29, 2014
TayoD:
While I may have heard some 'horror' stories about the NYSC and relationships, I do nothing but bless the memories of my service to my country as a Youth Corper as well as bless the town known as Isi-Alangwa in Abia State, where I met my sweet, oh so sweet wife.

Without that opportunity provided through NYSC, I doubt if I ever would have met, let alone marry her. I guess NYSC means different things to different people afterall.
u remind me of my servc yr.may God bless song lg.dumne town nd adamawa as a whole.sad what is happening der now.it was d best time of my life.i pray God restor peace to dat part of the country.long live dumne
Re: Why Does NYSC 'Kill' Relationships? by zubby29(m): 4:45pm On Oct 29, 2014
dammy0405:
Girls misbehaviour during the NYSC scheme is a common thing and its just very unfortunate. I'm currently serving in bauchi state and i know exactly wat is going on.Like Bolarge said "character is wat you are when nobody is watching.both guys and girls tend to misbehave whenever they are far away from their"people", when they feel no one is watching them and so they can do wat they like.
Another thing i want you guys to understand is that boredom makes some girls to go astray(even when they are married). Its lack of self discipline on their part i agree but these things happen. Imagine a girl posted to a state ministry in a place like bauchi state. she only goes to work maybe once in a week or once in two weeks without being punished and doesnt have any PP she's doing. She'll be in her house from morning till nite and remember the saying that "The idle mind is the devil's workshop".
Well, there are two sides to a coin, like someone said it all depends on whether u guys are meant to be together forever, if ure not then u'll definitely break up during NYSC or after.
so on pnt.i actually tink d spare time dey hv is d root of all dis
Re: Why Does NYSC 'Kill' Relationships? by Princecalm(m): 4:53pm On Oct 29, 2014
schizo:
observing
Re: Why Does NYSC 'Kill' Relationships? by zubby29(m): 4:59pm On Oct 29, 2014
cynthia:
Well Well Veriety is the spice of life and NYSC Camp is where veriety lies, who knows?
hope you didn't try out d different varieties lipsrsealed
cynthia:
Well Well Veriety is the spice of life and NYSC Camp is where veriety lies, who knows?
hope you didn't try out d different varieties
Re: Why Does NYSC 'Kill' Relationships? by Youngpo413: 9:46pm On Oct 30, 2014
almondjoy:

You are a very brilliant young lady--jkpretty.  The reason I pinned down mine before we ever left for NYSC.  The best ones to pin down are the ones from wealthy homes with a sound family background--well grounded in the need to succeed. They sure do not want any disgrace. cheesy

Ladies, just look around your classrooms or University bukas and try to look for the "aje butter" guys with off campus hostels and their own cars reading Medicine or Pharmarcy and pitch your arse there.  If you carry belle--no remove am. Just carry am go give his mother. They might make wahala initially but just maintain your cool and keep dosing the guy with that "sweet stuff" of yours till like 2 or 3 children comot from inside. cheesy  By the time you finish school--you are married woman to a good guy--with prospects.

Just make sure ALL the siblings of the guy you want to snag are all graduates or abroad with prospects.  That is how you know a potential. Not those hungry guys and babes--still struggling with parents in the villages. cheesy

If the dude or babe is from a family where the guy is struggling to pay his fees or non of them have seen the 4 walls of a university--you are going into a disgraceful sufferhead relationship!

NYSC is way too late to snag a spouse.  You must do so when you are in the University. Or you will find yourself on Nairaland for like 7 years looking for one till one recycled "Old Cargo" pities your arse and makes you his or her valentine. grin  Make sure your own parents have money too so both families can help you guys raise those kids while you are trying to adjust to the whole "process".

Trust me, it pays off in the end! cool

Most people do not realize that it is when you are in the University you find the most desireable partners.  Instead they play around while they are there and come to Nairaland to roam around looking for dates! cheesy

Enjoy your NYSC jkpretty!

this is serious
Re: Why Does NYSC 'Kill' Relationships? by Youngpo413: 5:57am On Oct 31, 2014
harakiri:
This thread shows how naive and dumb it is to believe in "love", "trust" and "security" when it comes to relationships/marriages. I went through the school system/NYSC and i know all the crap i witnessed. If not for self discipline and morals, i could have slept with at least 2 married women if i wanted. And these were women whose husbands where back at home believing they had "good wives". How about the ladies in serious relationships? I slept with one that was already engaged and due to be married in a few months after the NYSC program. The guy would call her while we were cuddled up together and if an average man sees how she purrs and talks so lovingly on the phone, he will vow never to commit to any woman or get married ever. They would be talking excitedly on the phone about the approaching married life. I felt so sorry for the guy.

This is why i keep telling guys to go into relationships/marriage with their eyes open. Don't believe the feministic hype of "trust" and "security". That is what women use in blindfolding men. If there was anything like "trust" and "security", then why do people get married? Why not live together as a couple, raise children and take it from there? Why do you need to sign a legal binding contract at the registry called marriage certificate and call invite guests to a wedding to act as "witnesses" if marriage is based on "trust"?

When will people start thinking outside the box?

stories like this makes me shiver...
Re: Why Does NYSC 'Kill' Relationships? by energylee(m): 7:06am On Dec 21, 2014
TayoD:
While I may have heard some 'horror' stories about the NYSC and relationships, I do nothing but bless the memories of my service to my country as a Youth Corper as well as bless the town known as Isi-Alangwa in Abia State, where I met my sweet, oh so sweet wife.

Without that opportunity provided through NYSC, I doubt if I ever would have met, let alone marry her. I guess NYSC means different things to different people afterall.
Maybe she left a guy for you, still d same
Re: Why Does NYSC 'Kill' Relationships? by Nobody: 9:51am On Jun 01, 2019
Virgin or no virgin, a girl that will cheat will still cheat
blaceagle:
May be NYSC does not kill relationship!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I got my second half during my service. U wont believe she was a virgin when I met her may be @ poster u let her leave for NYSC as a virgin. So for those of u that av virgin girls goin for NYSC now is the time to act or may lose her 4 eva.Be wiseact now or 4eva hold ur peace
Re: Why Does NYSC 'Kill' Relationships? by Nobody: 9:55am On Jun 01, 2019
Antibrutus

Come & tell us about your NYSC experience grin grin grin
Re: Why Does NYSC 'Kill' Relationships? by engrelvis(m): 11:17am On Jun 01, 2019
harakiri:
This thread shows how naive and dumb it is to believe in "love", "trust" and "security" when it comes to relationships/marriages. I went through the school system/NYSC and i know all the crap i witnessed. If not for self discipline and morals, i could have slept with at least 2 married women if i wanted. And these were women whose husbands where back at home believing they had "good wives". How about the ladies in serious relationships? I slept with one that was already engaged and due to be married in a few months after the NYSC program. The guy would call her while we were cuddled up together and if an average man sees how she purrs and talks so lovingly on the phone, he will vow never to commit to any woman or get married ever. They would be talking excitedly on the phone about the approaching married life. I felt so sorry for the guy.

This is why i keep telling guys to go into relationships/marriage with their eyes open. Don't believe the feministic hype of "trust" and "security". That is what women use in blindfolding men. If there was anything like "trust" and "security", then why do people get married? Why not live together as a couple, raise children and take it from there? Why do you need to sign a legal binding contract at the registry called marriage certificate and call invite guests to a wedding to act as "witnesses" if marriage is based on "trust"?

When will people start thinking outside the box?
so because u manage f...ck some women all of dem r now bad.l feel d main reason for insecurities n trust in relationship today is advent of Internet. Every girl or boy r dnt trust themselves because of what dey read or c everyday on internet.A lot r true but some stories r formulated just for heck of it.women r bad we know but there r still some decent ones
Re: Why Does NYSC 'Kill' Relationships? by Nobody: 12:49pm On Jun 01, 2019
truthsayer009:
Antibrutus

Come & tell us about your NYSC experience grin grin grin

What experience?

The NYSC itself or guys who were looking for 1yr relationships whereas they had gfs back home? Which one?
Re: Why Does NYSC 'Kill' Relationships? by Nobody: 1:04pm On Jun 01, 2019
AntiBrutus:

What experience?

The NYSC itself or guys who were looking for 1yr relationships whereas they had gfs back home? Which one?

This one grin
Re: Why Does NYSC 'Kill' Relationships? by Nobody: 1:12pm On Jun 01, 2019
truthsayer009:

This one grin

They are always there. I had zero interest in the broke ones sharing room with 4 other guys. I hooked up with one foreign schooled guy, had a car, customised number plate, nice apartment, PS, good dress sense, tall, abs...everything.

We used to go on road trips. He would always apologise with a cake, card or fruits. Too much living abroad I guess.

His friends told him to try and knack, that I am using his head. He did try and I played the whole emotional blackmail card. He apologised again, with more gifts. He never recovered even till after NYSC. Never saw pant either.

He married about 4yrs later. I met his wife twice. She kept asking me why I can't advise him to stop smoking. I told her they will be fine. Very wonderful guy kiss

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Why Does NYSC 'Kill' Relationships? by Burgerlomo: 1:27pm On Jun 01, 2019
ima1:
im sorry i wouldn't know but in every relationship one person loves more and hard, guess she is not the one in this case. don't blame NYSC, she's always got what i call the HO-FACTOR. she would have slipped anytime just thank God u found out sooner.

Yah head correct cool

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Shocker ! Meet Mother And Daughter Who Are In A Lesbian Relationship [PHOTO] / SHOULD I F**K HER? This Is Why Most Women Love Me [Picture] / Girlz, How Do I Ask A Girl To Be My Girlfriend

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 46
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.