Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,912 members, 7,821,181 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 09:21 AM

Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. - Computers (1156) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Computers / Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. (1271428 Views)

22 Essentials To Consider Before Buying A Laptop/computer PC/MAC / Post Your Imac, Macbook And Macbook Pro Problems Here. / Post Your Laptop Problems Here For Free Advice. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (1153) (1154) (1155) (1156) (1157) (1158) (1159) ... (1223) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by Udemzy05: 4:36pm On Jul 03, 2022
Talentuex:

Please how do I format and install the operating system?.
Or
How much do you think it cost

Cos I met someone recently and he's saying 6k to re install a new O.S

Well it depends on the model of your laptop,on newer models you need internet to drive it,the regular driver pack doesn't work,in fact while installing the operating system, you won't see the SSD unless you install a particular app in the bootable flash drive ( mostly HP 11th gen laptops)

Well I believe you can see someone that will do it for less,if you're in lag you can reach me on 08064724259
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by Udemzy05: 4:36pm On Jul 03, 2022
petrderbikov:

Reinstalling the operating system does not work. I don't know why. I bought my laptop from HUAWEI laptop. Perhaps it is a defect of the manufacturer. I think I should report it to the manufacturer. Maybe they can help me for free. Because I can't play my favorite games with this big problem. I have a pretty good laptop, and it really can support modern games. But I can't, because this problem is bothering me. Do you think this problem is a manufacturer defect?

Does not work?
It should,on some laptop, you have to change some settings on BIOS setup before you can install the operating system.
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by majesticguy: 4:48pm On Jul 03, 2022
Talentuex:

Or

It's quite much ooo.... Well just as Udemzy05 said, it depends on the model of your laptop.

If it's the old model laptops, you can actually do it yourself. Just get your preferred OS and driver pack on a CD. It shouldn't be more than 200 naira per disk. For the driver pack, if it's not available on CD, you could download manually. Just Google your laptop name and add drivers to it. From there select the one that suits your laptop and download all the drives you need.

Then Google how to format, install and drive your laptop name on YouTube. Over there, there is a plethora of videos on the said topic to choose from. Download and follow it religiously. It's quite easy to follow and not as stressful and brain racking as you might think............. But if you don't have that kind of time, then you can get someone to do it for you. For old model laptops it shouldn't be more than #3k. For new model laptops it's likely to be more than 3k.

1 Like

Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by kenearth50(m): 5:28pm On Jul 03, 2022
Talentuex:

Or

What's the model of the laptop?
I can do it for ½ of that amount tho if you're in Lagos and your location isn't that far from mine...

You can contact me on WhatsApp on
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by dostr4(m): 5:28pm On Jul 03, 2022
Ps while using lenovo ideapad it went off.. and has refused to come on .
If I press the power button ..the power light comes on but no display no fan I guess .
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by Udemzy05: 7:46pm On Jul 03, 2022
dostr4:
Ps while using lenovo ideapad it went off.. and has refused to come on .
If I press the power button ..the power light comes on but no display no fan I guess .

Take out the battery and press the power button down for like 1min , then connect the charger and power it on.
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by dostr4(m): 8:48pm On Jul 03, 2022
Udemzy05:

Take out the battery and press the power button down for like 1min , then connect the charger and power it on.
It's inbuilt
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by Udemzy05: 9:50pm On Jul 03, 2022
dostr4:

It's inbuilt

See a laptop technician.
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by javaguru: 9:59pm On Jul 03, 2022
eben123:
Please,I just bought this laptop today,on getting home,I decided to switch it on and this was what I saw,pls help...
hello, how much did you buy the PC.
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by javaguru: 10:05pm On Jul 03, 2022
hello, I have a problem with my HP PC, it keeps connecting itself to external monitor like its connected when it's not, and this happens when I try to open or close the lid.

when this happens, the screen goes black and comes back immediately, I dont touch the lid if it's steady,

any slight touch, it's goes black and comes back immediately.

if I happen to disable the display driver it stops,
even if I flip it 1k times

what could be the cause,

I have updated the display driver, still no solution

happened both in windows 8 and windows 10 and 11

my PC is hp250 g1
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by Udemzy05: 10:40pm On Jul 03, 2022
javaguru:
hello, I have a problem with my HP PC, it keeps connecting itself to external monitor like its connected when it's not, and this happens when I try to open or close the lid.

when this happens, the screen goes black and comes back immediately, I dont touch the lid if it's steady,

any slight touch, it's goes black and comes back immediately.

if I happen to disable the display driver it stops,
even if I flip it 1k times

what could be the cause,

I have updated the display driver, still no solution

happened both in windows 8 and windows 10 and 11

my PC is hp250 g1

There's a magnet around your laptop top casing (screen) this magnet when it comes in contact with the lid_switch transistor it goes to sleep and when you open it ,the light comes up.(3v when it comes in contact,it drops to 0v)

Probably there's a problem with that or do you wear a ring that is magnetic?

Well the best thing to do is take out the frame and remove the magnet ( note that your laptop won't be able to sleep) but your display adapter will be fine,no need to uninstall it.

If you have screw driver or any little iron that can detect a magnet, move it around your screen frame,if it magnet then that's where the small magnet it, then opposite it when you close the lid is where the lid_switch transistor is located.
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by javaguru: 10:45pm On Jul 03, 2022
Udemzy05:

There's a magnet around your laptop top casing (screen) this magnet when it comes in contact with the lid_switch transistor it goes to sleep and when you open it ,the light comes up.(3v when it comes in contact,it drops to 0v)

Probably there's a problem with that or do you wear a ring that is magnetic?

Well the best thing to do is take out the frame and remove the magnet ( note that your laptop won't be able to sleep) but your display adapter will be fine,no need to uninstall it.

If you have screw driver or any little iron that can detect a magnet, move it around your screen frame,if it magnet then that's where the small magnet it, then opposite it when you close the lid is where the lid_switch transistor is located.
one of the lid holder is broken(screw connecting the screen to the keyboard) , can that be the cause
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by javaguru: 10:46pm On Jul 03, 2022
Udemzy05 can I get ur Whatsapp number
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by Udemzy05: 10:49pm On Jul 03, 2022
javaguru:
Udemzy05 can I get ur Whatsapp number

Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by Udemzy05: 10:50pm On Jul 03, 2022
javaguru:
one of the lid holder is broken(screw connecting the screen to the keyboard) , can that be the cause

Connecting the screen to the keyboard?

I don't understand,well the problem might be from there.
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by Foster31(m): 11:29am On Jul 04, 2022
Hello computer gurus. My laptop processor is bad. How much will it cost me to change it?
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by Udemzy05: 11:59am On Jul 04, 2022
Foster31:
Hello computer gurus. My laptop processor is bad. How much will it cost me to change it?

How do you know the processor is bad,did you confirm with another processor?
Btw is it a pentium, core i3,core i5 or i7?
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by Talentuex(m): 12:57pm On Jul 04, 2022
Udemzy05:

Well it depends on the model of your laptop,on newer models you need internet to drive it,the regular driver pack doesn't work,in fact while installing the operating system, you won't see the SSD unless you install a particular app in the bootable flash drive ( mostly HP 11th gen laptops)

Well I believe you can see someone that will do it for less,if you're in lag you can reach me on 08064724259

Would message you now.. it's a core i3
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by olanreyman(m): 3:15pm On Jul 04, 2022
Abeg I wan sell my hp pavilion dv6000. I'm broke to the core �
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by eben123(m): 6:44pm On Jul 04, 2022
javaguru:
hello, how much did you buy the PC.
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by Tesco98: 10:41pm On Jul 04, 2022
Pls I need original dell charger � for my pc
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by Udemzy05: 4:56am On Jul 05, 2022
Tesco98:
Pls I need original dell charger � for my pc
How many watt?
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by Tesco98: 6:14am On Jul 05, 2022
Udemzy05:

How many watt?

90w all the one am having here is not charging my pc except power and my pc is popping up ac adapter may not charge the battery
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by Og2drake: 7:10am On Jul 05, 2022
dostr4:

It's inbuilt
Am a technician hit me up if you are in Lagos
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by Og2drake: 7:11am On Jul 05, 2022
Tesco98:

90w all the one am having here is not charging my pc except power and my pc is popping up ac adapter may not charge the battery
What the model of your pc
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by Tesco98: 8:31am On Jul 05, 2022
Dell E5510 i5 4gb 320rom
Og2drake:

What the model of your pc
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by Udemzy05: 10:17am On Jul 05, 2022
Tesco98:

It might not be an adapter issue, power it off, immediately you power it on keep pressing f2 till it get to BIOS set-up, locate battery information.

If it shows adapter unknown then it is a motherboard issue or charging port is faulty.

If it shows adapter = 90w or 65w depending on the type you're using, then you can check with another battery first.
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by Og2drake: 11:41am On Jul 05, 2022
Tesco98:
Dell E5510 i5 4gb 320rom
If you can bring it down to computer village
I can help u get a compatible charger

1 Like

Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by YMBBA: 3:24pm On Jul 05, 2022
Please, whenever I plug in my PC charger, it keeps saying "0% plugged in, charging" but after sometime the battery still remains 0%. The LED charging indicator won't be as stable as it ought to be rather it'll be blinking.

I've tried to change chargers yet it's still not working and this is even a new battery.
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by Yerincomm: 4:47pm On Jul 05, 2022
Take it to an Engr for proper diagnosing...

sayso:
Need serious help. My HP Compaq not booting. Think is the mother board. Can I get another mother board?
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by Yerincomm: 4:48pm On Jul 05, 2022
Tqke it to an Engr to check the charging ic

YMBBA:
Please, whenever I plug in my PC charger, it keeps saying "0% plugged in, charging" but after sometime the battery still remains 0%. The LED charging indicator won't be as stable as it ought to be rather it'll be blinking.

I've tried to change chargers yet it's still not working and this is even a new battery.
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by Foster31(m): 8:43pm On Jul 05, 2022
Udemzy05:

How do you know the processor is bad,did you confirm with another processor?
Btw is it a pentium, core i3,core i5 or i7?

A laptop engineer told me(I believed him because I know little about computer hardwares). And its a core i3. Pls what would you advice I do. Thank you for your prompt response

(1) (2) (3) ... (1153) (1154) (1155) (1156) (1157) (1158) (1159) ... (1223) (Reply)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 52
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.