Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,157,955 members, 7,835,182 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 06:43 AM

Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. - Computers (1158) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Computers / Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. (1277001 Views)

22 Essentials To Consider Before Buying A Laptop/computer PC/MAC / Post Your Imac, Macbook And Macbook Pro Problems Here. / Post Your Laptop Problems Here For Free Advice. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (1155) (1156) (1157) (1158) (1159) (1160) (1161) ... (1223) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by Trojan8(m): 11:23am On Jul 12, 2022
cosmos2000:
Ejo ooh... Please you people should help me.
I bought this laptop HP pavilion dv6 notebook 8470, few months back this year. The battery is my problem, whenever it reaches 66%,it will display low battery and shut down itself and when I plugged it to power and boot it up again, it will start from 0% to charge. But why is it showing 66% then off.

I asked the seller about it, he said I should get a new battery, there is one of 8k and Original one of 15k, how do I know the fake and original when I buy it

I just removed the battery now and I discovered that the battery is 5200mah, isn't there another capacity higher than this, my Oraimo power bank is 27000mah and it lasts for a couple of weeks. Not my laptop.

Please I have been to ikeja computer village 5x now, make una help. What's the best solution.

Laptop battery are usually small, same thing with phones. You can't get a battery of 27k mAh for your system

1 Like

Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by cosmos2000(m): 1:54pm On Jul 12, 2022
smatt1711:
get a new battery, don't listen to anyone in the battery of 15k, a good battery for that PC is around 8k, it will serve you close to 2 years.... As for the original one it will be hard for you to know if it is truly the original except you buy it from Amazon..... The 8k own is good if you really know who you are buying from Though this battery's have different qualities,

Thanks Boss, Meaning there is none like 15k,he just wants to wallow my hard earned cash �
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by Immality(m): 2:16pm On Jul 12, 2022
Udemzy05:

Use external keyboard to press enter.

I tried using external keyboard but still not working
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by smatt1711: 3:40pm On Jul 12, 2022
cosmos2000:

Thanks Boss, Meaning there is none like 15k,he just wants to wallow my hard earned cash �
yes, most replacement batteries is China, if you trust where you buy they can last really long,it still doesn't mean people don't import useless batteries to make money.
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by pawsofdikeje(m): 5:12pm On Jul 12, 2022
Can i get a motherboard and HDD for this dell vostro? At what cost please

Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by Og2drake: 5:31pm On Jul 12, 2022
cosmos2000:

If you can come to computer village I will get You a original one
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by Og2drake: 5:32pm On Jul 12, 2022
pawsofdikeje:
Can i get a motherboard and HDD for this dell vostro? At what cost please

Shouldn't be more than 20 to 25
Hit me up if you dey Lagos
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by cosmos2000(m): 9:48pm On Jul 12, 2022
Og2drake:

If you can come to computer village I will get You a original one

Why not... Where in ikeja do you base , I only know Otigba globam market, direct Me from that, welcome to Anifowoshe Local government.

Thanks
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by majesticguy: 10:11am On Jul 13, 2022
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by TheManofTomorrow(m): 12:50pm On Jul 13, 2022
Good day to bosses here.

I got an HP PC lately, and it's supposed to have a fingerprint.

I went to the settings, and I'm finding it hard to enable the fingerprint option. It says, "We couldn't find a fingerprint scanner compatible with Windows Hello Fingerprint.

Please, I'd appreciate your suggestion on the way forward.

Picture 1; Is the settings
Picture 2: the Fingerprint scanner

Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by Bobbieydeey: 5:04pm On Jul 13, 2022
Woke up this morning to find this line on my screen

Hp folio 9480m

Any quick fix pls ?

Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by smatt1711: 5:12pm On Jul 13, 2022
Bobbieydeey:
Woke up this morning to find this line on my screen

Hp folio 9480m

Any quick fix pls ?
bad screen, you have to change it
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by Bobbieydeey: 5:16pm On Jul 13, 2022
smatt1711:
bad screen, you have to change it

Chai you know the price range ?
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by smatt1711: 5:23pm On Jul 13, 2022
Bobbieydeey:

Chai you know the price range ?
30k, including fixing
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by headboyprince(m): 7:14pm On Jul 13, 2022
smatt1711:
30k, including fixing
My laptop keeps restarting on its own. It does it randomly.

I've reinstalled windows and even formatted my hardrive but it still continues. please help??
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by headboyprince(m): 7:30pm On Jul 13, 2022
smatt1711:
30k, including fixing
sometimes it comes up either of this after restarting several times.

But will still restarting even with these on the screen

Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by azpekuliar: 10:22pm On Jul 13, 2022
I can’t log in to my Macbook pro. It is not accepting my password even though I know I am typing it in correctly.
When I try to log in using Apple ID, the keyboard will not let my type in the 6 digit code sent to my other device.
How do I solve this problem?
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by Kvngfrosh(m): 4:05am On Jul 14, 2022
TheManofTomorrow:
Good day to bosses here.

I got an HP PC lately, and it's supposed to have a fingerprint.

I went to the settings, and I'm finding it hard to enable the fingerprint option. It says, "We couldn't find a fingerprint scanner compatible with Windows Hello Fingerprint.

Please, I'd appreciate your suggestion on the way forward.

Picture 1; Is the settings
Picture 2: the Fingerprint scanner
drivers
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by adikwuGodwin(m): 3:02pm On Jul 14, 2022
My HP pavilion elite (HPE) core i7 quad processors desktop ,has been having some issues please help i don't know if it's a mild problem or something big, but each time i start it, it would just boot to some certain level, then goes off.
I know it's not the ram or neither the hard drive, cause I tested them on another PC and they seem to be running fine,
I think the mother board is zapped or something went wrong with the processor, please help i can't think of a reasonable solution, Infact ion know what went wrong with my system

The picture of the system �.........
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by adikwuGodwin(m): 3:06pm On Jul 14, 2022
The picture of the system

Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by smatt1711: 5:36pm On Jul 14, 2022
adikwuGodwin:
My HP pavilion elite (HPE) core i7 quad processors desktop ,has been having some issues please help i don't know if it's a mild problem or something big, but each time i start it, it would just boot to some certain level, then goes off.
I know it's not the ram or neither the hard drive, cause I tested them on another PC and they seem to be running fine,
I think the mother board is zapped or something went wrong with the processor, please help i can't think of a reasonable solution, Infact ion know what went wrong with my system

The picture of the system �.........
a technician is what you need, it might be from power, processor, cooling system or board.
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by oluwaemmanuel: 7:33pm On Jul 14, 2022
Udemzy05:

I believe you heard the windows sound when it gets to the input password.

If that's the case then it could be a dim display issue,point a torch light to the screen and see if there is character displayed on it.

Thanks I didn't do anything it just worked itself
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by TheManofTomorrow(m): 10:11pm On Jul 14, 2022
Kvngfrosh:
drivers

Thank you. I'll drive it and give give feedback here
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by Kvngfrosh(m): 9:19am On Jul 15, 2022
TheManofTomorrow:

Thank you. I'll drive it and give give feedback here
download the drivers from your laptop manufacturer website. Don't use driver pack
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by TheManofTomorrow(m): 10:01am On Jul 15, 2022
Kvngfrosh:
download the drivers from your laptop manufacturer website. Don't use driver pack

Okay boss
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by arthurwillia(m): 10:46am On Jul 15, 2022
Any computer engineer herein ikeja that can help me change my laptop hard drive to external hard drive?
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by smatt1711: 1:53pm On Jul 15, 2022
arthurwillia:
Any computer engineer herein ikeja that can help me change my laptop hard drive to external hard drive?
just ask of external hard disk casing, is sold around 1500 or 2000, insert your hard disk in it and it will turn to external hard disk, thanks.
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by Udemzy05: 2:25pm On Jul 15, 2022
arthurwillia:

Do you have the HDD at hand? If yes do exactly what smatt1711 posted,if not what's the model of your laptop?
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by adikwuGodwin(m): 8:28pm On Jul 15, 2022
smatt1711:
a technician is what you need, it might be from power, processor, cooling system or board.
I think so because each time i start it the speed of the cooling fan and gpu fans throttles up
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by maxwelltennyson(m): 8:01am On Jul 16, 2022
pls my system battery does not last upto 30 mins,the only way I can use it is if it is plugged into a power outlet,the laptop is a Dell e6540,core i5 can some tell how much is the battery.
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by smatt1711: 11:58am On Jul 16, 2022
maxwelltennyson:
pls my system battery does not last upto 30 mins,the only way I can use it is if it is plugged into a power outlet,the laptop is a Dell e6540,core i5 can some tell how much is the battery.
the battery is around 12k

(1) (2) (3) ... (1155) (1156) (1157) (1158) (1159) (1160) (1161) ... (1223) (Reply)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 32
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.