Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,766 members, 7,813,544 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 01:40 PM

Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. - Computers (1159) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Computers / Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. (1265429 Views)

22 Essentials To Consider Before Buying A Laptop/computer PC/MAC / Post Your Imac, Macbook And Macbook Pro Problems Here. / Post Your Laptop Problems Here For Free Advice. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (1156) (1157) (1158) (1159) (1160) (1161) (1162) ... (1222) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by arthurwillia(m): 6:58pm On Jul 16, 2022
Udemzy05:

Do you have the HDD at hand? If yes do exactly what smatt1711 posted,if not what's the model of your laptop?

I don’t have the hdd at hand, it’s still in the scrap laptop
My laptop is hp250
Please assist
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by Adewale1603(m): 7:33pm On Jul 16, 2022
arthurwillia:

My laptop is hp250
Please assist
if you don't have the tools to access the scrap laptop back basement to remove the hard disk, take it to an engineer to help you remove it, and get the HDD casing and the connector to use as external HDD
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by arthurwillia(m): 8:35pm On Jul 16, 2022
Adewale1603:
if you don't have the tools to access the scrap laptop back basement to remove the hard disk, take it to an engineer to help you remove it, and get the HDD casing and the connector to use as external HDD

I bought the tools
I’ll try to loosen it
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by smatt1711: 10:00pm On Jul 16, 2022
arthurwillia:

My laptop is hp250
Please assist
how do you want me to help you.
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by arthurwillia(m): 11:27pm On Jul 16, 2022
smatt1711:
Adewole has done that, I got the tools and I’ll lose it myself
Thanks a lot
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by maxwelltennyson(m): 8:16am On Jul 17, 2022
smatt1711:
the battery is around 12k
ok boss thank you,I still have to spend 12k for battery for a new laptop nawa
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by Samfilo31(m): 8:52am On Jul 17, 2022
Please help

My HP ProBook just develop fault yesterday, the power button refuse to boot up the system when press, i have to remove the battery and plug direct, i mean i will be removing the charger connector and putting back till it will automatically trigger itself and boot, but i can press the power button and shutdown.

Please who understands shud help me out, how can a power button not boot up but will work when press to shutdown,
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by smatt1711: 10:48am On Jul 17, 2022
Samfilo31:
Please help

My HP ProBook just develop fault yesterday, the power button refuse to boot up the system when press, i have to remove the battery and plug direct, i mean i will be removing the charger connector and putting back till it will automatically trigger itself and boot, but i can press the power button and shutdown.

Please who understands shud help me out, how can a power button not boot up but will work when press to shutdown,
visit a technician

1 Like

Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by Smartlight(m): 2:07pm On Jul 17, 2022
Please guys help out my laptop refuse to start,

Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by arthurwillia(m): 3:03pm On Jul 17, 2022
smatt1711:
I’ve successfully dismantled my laptop and removed the hdd
Does that mean everything on my former computer is on the external disk and I can access it from another computer?
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by Adewale1603(m): 3:31pm On Jul 17, 2022
arthurwillia:

Does that mean everything on my former computer is on the external disk and I can access it from another computer?
yeah, all your files will be on the hard disk. even the windows Os is contained on that hard disk. you will connect the sata connector to the Hard disk, and plug the other end usb mouth to your laptop to access the files. if your laptop has an eSata/usb 2.0 port, you will connect it to that port for faster operations and files transfer. eSata is good for external Hdd

1 Like

Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by smatt1711: 3:40pm On Jul 17, 2022
arthurwillia:

just the way you carefully removed the hard disk, if you insert it on another good computer, all the information and windows will appear, u will think is your old laptop, thanks.

1 Like

Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by Samfilo31(m): 3:46pm On Jul 17, 2022
smatt1711:
just the way you carefully removed the hard disk, if you insert it on another good computer, all the information and windows will appear, u will think is your old laptop, thanks.
bro you can not remove a drive from a Dell system and put in Hp and expect it to boot up like its old system. Reason is that both of them has different bios setup and different power on self test ( post )

Let him use an external hard drive case and copy out his files shikina
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by smatt1711: 4:07pm On Jul 17, 2022
Samfilo31:
bro you can not remove a drive from a Dell system and put in Hp and expect it to boot up like its old system. Reason is that both of them has different bios setup and different power on self test ( post )

yeah, you are correct.
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by essentialone(m): 6:09pm On Jul 17, 2022
@adewasco good job...but to add to it...

or maybe i elaborate Item 1 for him more clearly.

Open Computer Management by clicking the Start button , clicking Control Panel, clicking System and Security, clicking Administrative Tools, and then double-clicking Computer Management. Administrator permission required If you're prompted for an administrator password or confirmation, type the password or provide confirmation.

In the left pane, under Storage, click Disk Management.

Right-click an unallocated region on your hard disk, and then click New Simple Volume.

In the New Simple Volume Wizard, click Next.

Type the size of the volume you want to create in megabytes (MB) or accept the maximum default size, and then click Next.

Accept the default drive letter or choose a different drive letter to identify the partition, and then click Next.

In the Format Partition dialog box, do one of the following:

If you don't want to format the volume right now, click Do not format this volume, and then click Next.

To format the volume with the default settings, click Next.

Review your choices, and then click Finish.

I hope this helps you in creating the new paritition

an unexpected error has occurred. the troubleshooting wizard can't continue.

Please resolve for me.
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by phenzy(m): 1:55pm On Jul 18, 2022
Hi brethrens,
Pls I am having issues with my system, anytime I power it on let’s say 10 to 15 minutes after that the button “Z” will start pressing it self randomly even when it’s on locked tho I started installing some programming softwares. Anyone else have had similar issue? Please kindly suggest a solution. Thanks.

Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by Og2drake: 3:55pm On Jul 18, 2022
phenzy:
Hi brethrens,
Pls I am having issues with my system, anytime I power it on let’s say 10 to 15 minutes after that the button “Z” will start pressing it self randomly even when it’s on locked tho I started installing some programming softwares. Anyone else have had similar issue? Please kindly suggest a solution. Thanks.
Your keyboard is bad
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by Udemzy05: 5:07am On Jul 19, 2022
Samfilo31:

It depends ,most times it will work.

1 Like

Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by Udemzy05: 5:07am On Jul 19, 2022
phenzy:
Hi brethrens,

Replace the keyboard
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by Adewale1603(m): 8:24am On Jul 19, 2022
Samfilo31:

it will appear and boot up like its old system, but the drive will automatically setup for windows first time loading to that new system and some drivers will be missing and will not drive it. untill you download the drivers meant for the new system. i don't think it has anything to do with the bios setup, except unless the new system is in UEFI bios mode, that will prevent it from booting, instead of the normal old Bios

1 Like

Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by Efeticollins(m): 11:29am On Jul 19, 2022
Good morning. For those who want to learn automation. I have arduino kits available at 20k. . It come with free tutorial too. Please call or whats me 08187469738

1 Share

Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by ebab(m): 4:26pm On Jul 19, 2022
if you are in PH and you need assistant with your system issues.. contact me
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by Esji80(m): 9:37am On Jul 21, 2022
Adewale1603

Udemzy05
Please how can Install Windows 7 64bit on a 32 bit based Samsung laptop?
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by Udemzy05: 9:45am On Jul 21, 2022
Esji80:

Adewale1603

Udemzy05

Just just select 64bit instead of 32bit that's all.

Btw do you have the iso file with bootable flash or do you have the CD plate?
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by Adewale1603(m): 10:18am On Jul 21, 2022
Esji80:

Adewale1603

Udemzy05

hope the Samsung laptop is not a mini laptop, because some mini laptops models do not support 64bit architecture, only 32bit windows. if it is a normal full size Samsung laptop, during the process of installing windows just select 64bit version of the windows 7. and upgrade the system ram to 4gb to maximize the 64bit windows well. and i already hope you know how to perform windows installations, either through a bootable flash drive with the iso files using rufus software or through the CD rom drive
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by luvlyoracle(m): 10:48pm On Jul 21, 2022
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by Esji80(m): 6:54am On Jul 22, 2022
Udemzy05:

Just just select 64bit instead of 32bit that's all.

Btw do you have the iso file with bootable flash or do you have the CD plate?

It is on a CD plate
Adewale1603:
hope the Samsung laptop is not a mini laptop, because some mini laptops models do not support 64bit architecture, only 32bit windows. if it is a normal full size Samsung laptop, during the process of installing windows just select 64bit version of the windows 7. and upgrade the system ram to 4gb to maximize the 64bit windows well. and i already hope you know how to perform windows installations, either through a bootable flash drive with the iso files using rufus software or through the CD rom drive

@Udemzy05

I selected 64bit during installation but it still failed after the first restart during the installation it shows THE CPU DOESN'T SUPPORT 64BIT ....an error message that it doesn't support 64bit

I have tried windows 8.1 64bit ...it is the same error that the system doesn't support 64bit

@Adewale1603

It is not a mini laptop, I know how to perform the installation via cd and also bootable flash. ..but it still giving me error that the system doesn't suuport 64bit...but if I try 32 bit it will go successfully
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by Udemzy05: 7:12am On Jul 22, 2022
Esji80:

It is on a CD plate

@Udemzy05

I selected 64bit during installation but it still failed after the first restart during the installation it shows THE CPU DOESN'T SUPPORT 64BIT ....an error message that it doesn't support 64bit

I have tried windows 8.1 64bit ...it is the same error that the system doesn't support 64bit

@Adewale1603

It is not a mini laptop, I know how to perform the installation via cd and also bootable flash. ..but it still giving me error that the system doesn't suuport 64bit...but if I try 32 bit it will go successfully

If that's case then there's nothing you can do.
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by Adewale1603(m): 8:45am On Jul 22, 2022
Esji80:

It is on a CD plate

@Udemzy05

@Adewale1603

what is the processor of that system ? and the model
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by Ray02: 12:59pm On Jul 23, 2022
Pls can someone help with the best laptop to go for among these.
Price range from 85k to 120k

Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by smatt1711: 3:25pm On Jul 23, 2022
What if I give you this for 110k

HP 640 G1
Intel corei5 4th Gen.
8gig ram
500gig hard disk
Web cam
CD ROM

Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by AdebisiAdeyinka(m): 9:41pm On Jul 23, 2022
Good day admin, pls my system sound doesn't play no more. Also the wifi connection option is no more showing. What could be wrong pls. I tried the troubleshooting option, see what it's saying

(1) (2) (3) ... (1156) (1157) (1158) (1159) (1160) (1161) (1162) ... (1222) (Reply)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 49
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.