Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,923 members, 7,824,879 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 08:02 PM

Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. - Computers (312) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Computers / Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. (1272926 Views)

22 Essentials To Consider Before Buying A Laptop/computer PC/MAC / Post Your Imac, Macbook And Macbook Pro Problems Here. / Post Your Laptop Problems Here For Free Advice. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (309) (310) (311) (312) (313) (314) (315) ... (1223) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by kongalomo(m): 9:28pm On Jul 21, 2013
Good day everyone. I need help in respect to my laptop. I just got a laptop yesterday ab Asus mini laptop av gone tru d basic setup and all the system is running already but the display is distorted and of low quality please what can be done to rectify this? Thanks to you all
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by seankay(m): 10:11pm On Jul 21, 2013
I have been using my compaq hp for about two years now,recently it developed a fault,it didn't display anything when I switched it on.When I took it to an engineer,he told me it has VG problem and he also said it can't be changed.He repaired it and barely a week after,the same problem has reoccured.Is there any hope of getting it back into its normal self without the VG problem reoccuring?
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by adewasco2k(m): 10:12pm On Jul 21, 2013
kongalomo: Good day everyone. I need help in respect to my laptop. I just got a laptop yesterday ab Asus mini laptop av gone tru d basic setup and all the system is running already but the display is distorted and of low quality please what can be done to rectify this? Thanks to you all
is it a brand new laptop? may be you need to set resolution...if new i think it should look good anyways if used may be there is no video/graphic driver installed
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by adewasco2k(m): 10:17pm On Jul 21, 2013
seankay: I have been using my compaq hp for about two years now,recently it developed a fault,it didn't display anything when I switched it on.When I took it to an engineer,he told me it has VG problem and he also said it can't be changed.He repaired it and barely a week after,the same problem has reoccured.Is there any hope of getting it back into its normal self without the VG problem reoccuring?

the engineer who opened it and diagnosed will know better though... if the graphic card is bad.... a good engineer can replace it... I have seen such a problem mostly caused by heat.... the card gets heated then detach from the board. your location? so an engineer from here can carry on the repair
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by adewasco2k(m): 10:20pm On Jul 21, 2013
Donsammi: ABJ

if you are in Abuja contact me info@wasconet.com
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by seankay(m): 10:23pm On Jul 21, 2013
adewasco2k:

the engineer who opened it and diagnosed will know better though... if the graphic card is bad.... a good engineer can replace it... I have seen such a problem mostly caused by heat.... the card gets heated then detach from the board. your location? so an engineer from here can carry on the repair
thanks for the reply,Akure.the engr actually told me its impossible to change the card.
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by adewasco2k(m): 10:35pm On Jul 21, 2013
seankay: thanks for the reply,Akure.the engr actually told me its impossible to change the card.
he is right then... the card is on the motherboard .......he opened it so he might have seen the damages and concluded it's not fixable.
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by seankay(m): 10:40pm On Jul 21, 2013
He actually said that before he opened it.
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by kellyo433: 10:59pm On Jul 21, 2013
hello niaralanders pls help
my system is making a long breaking beeping noise and it also freezed without responding please what shall i do?
The system is nx6110
ram 1.28 with window 7 ultimate
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by adewasco2k(m): 11:08pm On Jul 21, 2013
kellyo433: hello niaralanders pls help
my system is making a long breaking beeping noise and it also freezed without responding please what shall i do?
The system is nx6110
i didn't get the size of your RAM tho, you can try cleaning the RAM, when exactly those it beep? while booting or while already running? a whole lot can actually cause it to beep.... but it's always an hardware problem
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by kellyo433: 11:45pm On Jul 21, 2013
adewasco2k:
i didn't get the size of your RAM tho, you can try cleaning the RAM, when exactly those it beep? while booting or while already running? a whole lot can actually cause it to beep.... but it's always an hardware problem

thank bro the ram combination is 1gig and 256mb.
The beeping beeps while running. It just freez and begin the noise
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by Rhemmymatician(m): 11:48pm On Jul 21, 2013
adewasco2k:

I av d same problem too. I am at Isolo, Lagos. Someone has looked at it and said the motherhood is weak, can I bring it for a look-see
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by yungdimmy: 1:18am On Jul 22, 2013
Pls my laptop hp630 doesn't display anything when it loads to the main window after fallen down...after putting my password fo the window everything goes blank....pls you can reply me on my mail at clarkj998@yahoo.com
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by kongalomo(m): 3:55am On Jul 22, 2013
adewasco2k:
is it a brand new laptop? may be you need to set resolution...if new i think it should look good anyways if used may be there is no video/graphic driver installed
It is a new one, running windows 7 and i did the set up my self, just wondering if it could be an issue of missing display driver. The display was clear throughout the windows installation procedure it just became distorted after the windows was completely installed. What do you think could be wrong? Thanks
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by deji2009(m): 8:25am On Jul 22, 2013
yungdimmy: Pls my laptop hp630 doesn't display anything when it loads to the main window after fallen down...after putting my password fo the window everything goes blank....pls you can reply me on my mail at clarkj998@yahoo.com

Pls follow the instructions and tell us what happened

Instruction 1

Has the laptop dropped before ?

Have you install any drivers or
software recencently

When did you start having this problem ?

Restart laptop, on doing that
keep pressing f8 and select safe mode
follow the instr.... The icons will be bigger,
nothing to worry about. when in safe mode does it
go black. any difference

Instruction 2

Restart laptop keep pressing
f10 for bios. leave it there for
about 5 minutes and notice any difference.
does the screen go black ?

Insturction 3

1) UNPLUG THE LAPTOP
2) REMOVE THE BATTERY
3) HOLD DOWN THE POWER BUTTON FOR ABOUT 30 SECONDS TO 2 MINUTES
4) THEN PUT THE BATTERY BACK IN
5) START IT UP
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by deji2009(m): 8:44am On Jul 22, 2013
brightk:

did u 4mat ur system recently.. if yes go to hp site and download d driver for ur probook...without the original driver the bluetooth wont work..

Dear brightk,

For the past few weeks, I have notice your professionalism and
would like you to continue to do so. I read three of your post
and have to say, they are brilliant ! it seems you're a person we can reckon with.
Please join the likes of Adetwin, skydancer, samuel616, all4naija, onegig, all4ja, femi4, 4llenbutu, adewasko,
denzel2009, mdsocks, olisa74, G James, Dualcore to mention but a few.

When you have a post such as "U WANT 2 MAKE UR LAPTOP LAST LONG" at 8:53am On Jul 17,
please consider posting it separately from Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here.
We would appreciate if you can adhere to this. Thanks !
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by ImmaOla: 8:49am On Jul 22, 2013
my hp pavilion DM4 has recently been showcasing some signs such as taking time to load after startup (really slow), programs load slowly, folders open up slowly, my windows media player stopped working. all this started some three weeks ago just after i uninstalled d avast antivirus on my laptop. it is a new laptop. your help would be greatly appreciated...thanks
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by ImmaOla: 8:55am On Jul 22, 2013
secondly, the bluetooth of my compaq 615 laptop which have been using for a while now stopped working some few months ago. d bluetooth icon is not displayed again and whenever i troubleshoot the problem, it always displays that its working properly. av searched and installed d drivers both online and offline bt no changes still.............any help pls
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by deji2009(m): 8:55am On Jul 22, 2013
adewasco2k:

kellyo433: hello niaralanders pls help
The system is nx6110

Given adewasko's advice, please consider the followings.

Restart laptop and keep pressing f10 for bios
navigate to diagnostics and run a memory test.
After that please run a hard drive test as well.

Make sure there is power going to the laptop.
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by deji2009(m): 9:12am On Jul 22, 2013
ImmaOla: my hp pavilion DM4 has recently been showcasing some signs such as taking time to load after startup (really slow), programs load slowly, folders open up slowly, my windows media player stopped working. all this started some three weeks ago just after i uninstalled d avast antivirus on my laptop. it is a new laptop. your help would be greatly appreciated...thanks

ImmaOla: secondly, the bluetooth of my compaq 615 laptop which have been using for a while now stopped working some few months ago. d bluetooth icon is not displayed again and whenever i troubleshoot the problem, it always displays that its working properly. av searched and installed d drivers both online and offline bt no changes still.............any help pls

Having identified all of these problems,
I would advise that you backup
your data such as pictures, music, videos
and anything that's important to you. In practice,
I would have reset the laptop back to factory settings.

Given all the problems you've had, its better to reset it.
If you don't want factory reset, you can go to a technician to try and fix it.

Once you backup your data.please get back to us and one of my colleagues would
talk through how to start a system recovery outside windows. in the meanwhile, please
backup your important data. The system recovery would reset it to how it was when you bought it.

please make sure there is plenty of power going to the laptop. The process would last between 1-2hrs.
Before the recovery make sure the HP WIRELESS AND BLUEBOOTH IS on so system recovery can install the drivers.
After system recovery please ensure you install windows update and any other important update.
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by Fkforyou(m): 1:54pm On Jul 22, 2013
pls my,anti-virus has expired,
is it safe for to download new one for free?
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by Pyroclast(m): 2:20pm On Jul 22, 2013
Hi ppl, my games keep crashing to the desktop. Pls how do i remedy this?
Thanks!
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by ImmaOla: 2:21pm On Jul 22, 2013
deji2009:

Having identified all of these problems,
I would advise that you backup
your data such as pictures, music, videos
and anything that's important to you. In practice,
I would have reset the laptop back to factory settings.

Given all the problems you've had, its better to reset it.
If you don't want factory reset, you can go to a technician to try and fix it.

Once you backup your data.please get back to us and one of my colleagues would
talk through how to start a system recovery outside windows. in the meanwhile, please
backup your important data. The system recovery would reset it to how it was when you bought it.

please make sure there is plenty of power going to the laptop. The process would last between 1-2hrs.
Before the recovery make sure the HP WIRELESS AND BLUEBOOTH IS on so system recovery can install the drivers.
After system recovery please ensure you install windows update and any other important update.

have backed up all d information i need on the hp pavilion DM4. there is notn much on it because like said earlier, its a new laptop. so how do i do the system restore to factory settings
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by doubledax: 5:34pm On Jul 22, 2013
how do i use two operating system in a PC. eg Window 7 and Window XP
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by adewasco2k(m): 8:43pm On Jul 22, 2013
doubledax: how do i use two operating system in a PC. eg Window 7 and Window XP

Nobody will be here to give you a step to step guide bro, search google when you run into a problem then we are here to help you.. grin grin if you are not savvy enough just give it to an engineer, so you dont blame your self at the long run.
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by dwkoko(m): 9:47pm On Jul 22, 2013
Pls help,
After a while of usage, I put on my hp laptop(dv6000) it was jst showing white screen. Pls what's d problem.
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by VGA: 12:23am On Jul 23, 2013
ImmaOla:

have backed up all d information i need on the hp pavilion DM4. there is notn much on it because like said earlier, its a new laptop. so how do i do the system restore to factory settings

off it n press f11 wen it restart
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by perrol(m): 5:07am On Jul 23, 2013
engineer in the house please help me with this critical situation. I discover that my system is not charging again and if I on it the keyboard light will show but the screen is not displaying again.after various troubleshooting with my engineer they decieded to loose it and check the panel ,they discover that PROCESSOR CONTROLLER CHIP as got burnt to extent that the number or code writen on it is not vissible again and according to my engineer without seeing the number he cannot just put anything there.the only alternative he gave to me now is that until we see the type of my system which is Hp G72. please I wil be glad for assistance.. jerrylove009@yahoo.com
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by Rhemmymatician(m): 7:58am On Jul 23, 2013
House good morning.
Pls I have decided against buying a motherboard, I will get a new laptop. But any advice on a very good laptop that is relatively cheap? And will not have the VGA problem that the previous 1 had when used for gaming. Pls
Cos I saw one hp g650 500gig Harddisk, 4gig RAM, Intel(not AMD) and it was up for 80k. I'll appreciate better suggestions or dyu think dis 1 is good enough? Thanks
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by adewasco2k(m): 8:11am On Jul 23, 2013
Rhemmymatician: House good morning.
Pls I have decided against buying a motherboard, I will get a new laptop. But any advice on a very good laptop that is relatively cheap? And will not have the VGA problem that the previous 1 had when used for gaming. Pls
Cos I saw one hp g650 500gig Harddisk, 4gig RAM, Intel(not AMD) and it was up for 80k. I'll appreciate better suggestions or dyu think dis 1 is good enough? Thanks

choosing between Intel and AMD is always a problem. let me break it down for you . Intel is the best, performance is great and serves longer, most PC with motherboard problem with me are majorly AMD but AND have one of the best graphic you could need for gaming.

that's for performance, for price.

AMD are way cheaper than Intel. now make your decision
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by Rhemmymatician(m): 8:25am On Jul 23, 2013
adewasco2k:

choosing between Intel and AMD is always a problem. let me break it down for you . Intel is the best, performance is great and serves longer, most PC with motherboard problem with me are majorly AMD but AND have one of the best graphic you could need for gaming.

that's for performance, for price.

AMD are way cheaper than Intel. now make your decision
Thx sir. Which laptop can u suggest for me to buy? Frm ur experience you will know a good 1 I can get for around 80k or below
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by Rhemmymatician(m): 10:53am On Jul 23, 2013
Rhemmymatician:
Thx sir. Which laptop can u suggest for me to buy? Frm ur experience you will know a good 1 I can get for around 80k or below
Plus the hp650 processor speed is only 1.5GHz

(1) (2) (3) ... (309) (310) (311) (312) (313) (314) (315) ... (1223) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 60
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.