Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,715 members, 7,837,609 topics. Date: Thursday, 23 May 2024 at 08:14 AM

Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. - Computers (313) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Computers / Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. (1278363 Views)

22 Essentials To Consider Before Buying A Laptop/computer PC/MAC / Post Your Imac, Macbook And Macbook Pro Problems Here. / Post Your Laptop Problems Here For Free Advice. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (310) (311) (312) (313) (314) (315) (316) ... (1223) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by brightk(m): 12:46pm On Jul 23, 2013
Rhemmymatician: House good morning.
Pls I have decided against buying a motherboard, I will get a new laptop. But any advice on a very good laptop that is relatively cheap? And will not have the VGA problem that the previous 1 had when used for gaming. Pls
Cos I saw one hp g650 500gig Harddisk, 4gig RAM, Intel(not AMD) and it was up for 80k. I'll appreciate better suggestions or dyu think dis 1 is good enough? Thanks

VGA problem lol.. every laptop will get in2 dat state.. it all depends on how fast it happens...
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by Rhemmymatician(m): 2:28pm On Jul 23, 2013
brightk:

VGA problem lol.. every laptop will get in2 dat state.. it all depends on how fast it happens...
Mr Bright pls can u recommend a good make of laptop for me to buy? And cheap too
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by Dandeson1(m): 4:25pm On Jul 23, 2013
Please, I downloaded winzip 16.0, but it asking for registration/activation code.... Please help
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by Donsammi(m): 4:57pm On Jul 23, 2013
Thanks ever one for helping.. I got a new xp disc and it worked thanx vrymuch
adewasco2k:

if you are in Abuja contact me info@wasconet.com
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by rich007007: 8:44pm On Jul 23, 2013
The following UK USED Laptops are up for sale for 60K OR best offer considered, below are the summery specs, contact rich on icecoldsaint@hotmail.com.

Samsung RV510 15.6" (320 GB, Intel Celeron D, 2.1 GHz, 3 GB) Laptop

Toshiba Satellite Laptop L500-207 Windows 7 with Intel dual-core. 3GB RAM, 250GB HD)

Dell XPS 1340 PP17S Laptop CORE 2 DU0 4GM RAM, 300GB HD

Dell XPS M5130 Laptop/Intel Core 2 Duo 2.5Ghz/320gb HDD/3.5Gb Ram/HDMI/Dvdrw

Sony Vaio VGN-NS11J Laptop, 15", 4GB RAM, 300GB HDD, Windows 8 Pro

Acer Aspire 5535 Laptop 15.6" HD Dual Core WiFi DVDRW Webcam 2gb ram, 160GB HD

Acer Aspire Laptop 5742Z 15.6" (250 GB, 3GB RAM Intel Pentium Dual-Core, 2 GHz,...
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by phranseeqz(m): 11:55pm On Jul 23, 2013
pls help, my hp intel pentium4 desktop jxt developed a problem. It powers off 3mins after putting it on and would refuse powering on even after changin d cables. pls help, na my hustle system
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by Zillight: 4:48am On Jul 24, 2013
Please how can retrieve data from a spoilt 'corrupted' memory card?
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by SilvesterNornam: 8:24am On Jul 24, 2013
Thank you for starting a thread for computer related issues. I want to know if I can temporarily change the IP address so that I can surf the Internet as anonymous user? I have downloaded a free software for masking the IP address but the problem is, it sometimes freezes the websites. I have to refresh the fake IP address every time. I want to know if there is any good software (free to download?
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by onegig(m): 10:34am On Jul 24, 2013
Zillight: Please how can retrieve data from a spoilt 'corrupted' memory card?
what corrupted it and what are the symptoms? Be more specific. Is card not opening again or what? Or its opening and the contents missing?
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by onegig(m): 10:38am On Jul 24, 2013
SilvesterNornam: Thank you for starting a thread for computer related issues. I want to know if I can temporarily change the IP address so that I can surf the Internet as anonymous user? I have downloaded a free software for masking the IP address but the problem is, it sometimes freezes the websites. I have to refresh the fake IP address every time. I want to know if there is any good software (free to download?
the best ones are for sale. Although some that last for a year cost around 2k
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by onegig(m): 10:41am On Jul 24, 2013
phranseeqz: pls help, my hp intel pentium4 desktop jxt developed a problem. It powers off 3mins after putting it on and would refuse powering on even after changin d cables. pls help, na my hustle system
many things can actually be the caused of this. But give more details. What error message does it show? And how sure it power off 3mins exactly? Give us more details. What did you do last before this starte d happening
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by Zillight: 12:45pm On Jul 24, 2013
onegig: what corrupted it and what are the symptoms? Be more specific. Is card not opening again or what? Or its opening and the contents missing?

It was corrupted by BB Bold 2, and on inserting it into a system, it rquests that I should format it, which I don't want to do
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by ImmaOla: 2:55pm On Jul 24, 2013
VGA:

off it n press f11 wen it restart

THANKS BOSS, MY SYSTEM IS BACK AND GOOD. cheesy
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by onegig(m): 4:45pm On Jul 24, 2013
Zillight:

It was corrupted by BB Bold 2, and on inserting it into a system, it rquests that I should format it, which I don't want to do
if you insert it back into the bold 2 can you acess the files... ? Get the files out if that works....or do these.. Find a card reader and connect to your system. Open command prompt by going to all program-acessories-command prompt then type G: or whatever the devicee letter is maybe E: or F: and press enter key....type chkdsk and press enter. It should read and tell you there are errors. It should fix it automatically else type recover g: and press enter...note g is your drive location letter. Report back here.
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by moshoodn(m): 8:50pm On Jul 24, 2013
My lil brother Brian Laptop is having issues.

when you switch it on, all necessary lights come up, even the fans roll, but it doesn't boot.

The screen too doesn't light up.

NB: The screen aint faulty.
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by emmmillenium: 9:06pm On Jul 24, 2013
hi nairalander, pls I have one emachine 350 mini laptop with display problem, the screen is too dim and sometimes, it comes up bright. What could be the problem with it, the screen itself is ok, just only that it is too dim
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by emmmillenium: 9:12pm On Jul 24, 2013
moshoodn: My lil brother Brian Laptop is having issues.

when you switch it on, all necessary lights come up, even the fans roll, but it doesn't boot.

The screen too doesn't light up.

NB: The screen aint faulty.
try and connect external monitor to its VGA port, if the monitor works perfectly with it. Then its like you are having the same problem with my pc
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by onegig(m): 9:44pm On Jul 24, 2013
emmmillenium: hi nairalander, pls I have one emachine 350 mini laptop with display problem, the screen is too dim and sometimes, it comes up bright. What could be the problem with it, the screen itself is ok, just only that it is too dim
has the laptop ever fallen? Is the britness due to changes in power plans like when you plug in the ac charger it lightens up and when you remove it dims. Or does it flicker on and off.
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by phranseeqz(m): 7:37am On Jul 25, 2013
[quote author=onegig] many things can actually be the caused of this. But give more details. What error message does it show? And how sure it power off 3mins exactly? Give us more details. What did you do last before this starte d happening
jxt came bk frm skull bases on ASUU palava and found out dt it powers off as soon as booting is through (i.e. as soon as d desktop appears). I changed d cables but its still d same. Sometimes it powers on but shuts down before booting starts.
pls i'd appreciate any assistance
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by moshoodn(m): 10:57am On Jul 25, 2013
emmmillenium: try and connect external monitor to its VGA port, if the monitor works perfectly with it. Then its like you are having the same problem with my pc

I've done that already that's why I said the screen aint faulty.
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by ayanfeeledumare: 3:50pm On Jul 25, 2013
I need to replace my Tablet battery. It is 7.0 inch wide. Please I need it urgently. Can anyone send me d price address of the seller.
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by dridowu: 4:52am On Jul 26, 2013
Good morni, pls help, any time i want to open pdf , i got an error, i have uninstall and install several times but d error still persist. d error i got is attahed as screenshot. pls help

Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by Rhemmymatician(m): 10:01am On Jul 26, 2013
House pls: I've whittled my option down to 2 laptops.
500Gig 4Gig 2.2GHz, Intel icore 3. 79k. AND
500Gig, 4Gig RAM, 1.7GHz, AMD. 69k.
PLEASE WHICH SHOULD I GO FOR? I WANT EXCELLENT SERVICE, WITH GOOD SPECIFICATIONS AND YET ECONOMICAL, EASY ON THE POCKET.
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by brightk(m): 10:16am On Jul 26, 2013
Rhemmymatician: House pls: I've whittled my option down to 2 laptops.
PLEASE WHICH SHOULD I GO FOR? I WANT EXCELLENT SERVICE, WITH GOOD SPECIFICATIONS AND YET ECONOMICAL, EASY ON THE POCKET.

u cant get anytin cheaper dan dat for a brand new pc... does any of the above have a dedicated graphics chip??
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by Rhemmymatician(m): 10:35am On Jul 26, 2013
brightk:

u cant get anytin cheaper dan dat for a brand new pc... does any of the above have a dedicated graphics chip??
1. HP 655-AMD Dual Core 1.7GHz 69,000 naira
2. HP 650 Core i3-2328M 2.2GHz 79,000 naira
Which do you advice?
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by onegig(m): 12:27pm On Jul 26, 2013
Rhemmymatician: House pls: I've whittled my option down to 2 laptops.
why not go for the dell 15s laptop sold by jumia at 67k or so. Core i3,500gb HDD, 4gb ram and a year warranty. Instead of all these you listed...that dell laptop is rugged and nice and graphics is better than previous versions. It has an intel high definitiom graphic and can play latest games without problems. Just installed need for speed most wanted by ea games on it and its running smooth with not even a slight sign of overheating.
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by onegig(m): 12:31pm On Jul 26, 2013
ayanfeeledumare: I need to replace my Tablet battery. It is 7.0 inch wide. Please I need it urgently. Can anyone send me d price address of the seller.
what model and maker. There are thousands of 7.0 inch wide tablets.
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by Rhemmymatician(m): 1:46pm On Jul 26, 2013
onegig: why not go for the dell 15s laptop sold by jumia at 67k or so. Core i3,500gb HDD, 4gb ram and a year warranty. Instead of all these you listed...that dell laptop is rugged and nice and graphics is better than previous versions. It has an intel high definitiom graphic and can play latest games without problems. Just installed need for speed most wanted by ea games on it and its running smooth with not even a slight sign of overheating.
What I'm seeing here in jumai is 320Gb HDD and 3Gb RAM for Dell Inspiron 15-N5050 Core i3 for 67k
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by onegig(m): 1:53pm On Jul 26, 2013
Rhemmymatician:
What I'm seeing here in jumai is 320Gb HDD and 3Gb RAM for Dell Inspiron 15-N5050 Core i3 for 67k

Sorry..thought i saw 500gb & 4gb...320gb to 500gb is no big difference.if i were you i would pick that to an intel that's just dual core at 79k to an i3 at 67k. You can even buy 500GB external hdd at less than 10k if you want additional space.Or even buy an SSD I bet you. You cant use up the 320GB. Except you want to start a data warehouse biz.. cheesy cheesy

But I can vouch for those dell systems. you could as well pick the vostro which is 71k with 4gb, 320gb hdd
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by Rhemmymatician(m): 3:14pm On Jul 26, 2013
onegig:

Sorry..thought i saw 500gb & 4gb...320gb to 500gb is no big difference.if i were you i would pick that to an intel that's just dual core at 79k to an i3 at 67k. You can even buy 500GB external hdd at less than 10k if you want additional space.Or even buy an SSD I bet you. You cant use up the 320GB. Except you want to start a data warehouse biz.. cheesy cheesy

But I can vouch for those dell systems. you could as well pick the vostro which is 71k with 4gb, 320gb hdd
Didn't see your VOSTRO advice quickly enough sad I have already ordered the Dell Inspiron 15S SOLELY on your recommendation. SOLELY!! I hope I enjoy it
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by onegig(m): 4:19pm On Jul 26, 2013
Rhemmymatician:
Didn't see your VOSTRO advice quickly enough sad I have already ordered the Dell Inspiron 15S SOLELY on your recommendation. SOLELY!! I hope I enjoy it
you would surely enjoy it. Just bring it for holy baptism when you get it. I just got one for a client now and another 2-3 weeks back. No complaints watsoever...you will come here to give testimony i am sure. Enjoy you pc bro.
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by Rhemmymatician(m): 4:27pm On Jul 26, 2013
onegig: you would surely enjoy it. Just bring it for holy baptism when you get it. I just got one for a client now and another 2-3 weeks back. No complaints watsoever...you will come here to give testimony i am sure. Enjoy you pc bro.
Thank you sir

(1) (2) (3) ... (310) (311) (312) (313) (314) (315) (316) ... (1223) (Reply)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 46
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.