Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,195 members, 7,829,282 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 11:56 PM

Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. - Computers (314) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Computers / Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. (1274566 Views)

22 Essentials To Consider Before Buying A Laptop/computer PC/MAC / Post Your Imac, Macbook And Macbook Pro Problems Here. / Post Your Laptop Problems Here For Free Advice. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (311) (312) (313) (314) (315) (316) (317) ... (1223) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by dridowu: 6:25pm On Jul 26, 2013
dridowu: Good morni, pls help, any time i want to open pdf , i got an error, i have uninstall and install several times but d error still persist. d error i got is attahed as screenshot. pls help
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by ayanfeeledumare: 8:25pm On Jul 26, 2013
ayanfeeledumare: I need to replace my
Tablet battery. It is 7.0 inch wide. Please I
need it urgently. Can anyone send me d
price address of the seller.

onegig: what model and maker. There are thousands of 7.0 inch wide tablets.

just give any contact add or number I will take my Tablet there for them ti identity d model. I need it urgently.
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by moshoodn(m): 9:28pm On Jul 26, 2013
moshoodn: My lil brother Brian Laptop is having issues.

when you switch it on, all necessary lights come up, even the fans roll, but it doesn't boot.

The screen too doesn't light up.

NB: The screen aint faulty.

PLEASE ANY HELP WITH THE ABOVE??
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by Rhemmymatician(m): 5:55am On Jul 27, 2013
moshoodn:

I think its similar to what did my lappy. I wast told its the VGA that causes such
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by brightk(m): 7:19am On Jul 27, 2013
moshoodn:

i tink u might have a bad vga chip... but we cant rely on assumption...
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by moshoodn(m): 8:54am On Jul 27, 2013
Rhemmymatician:
I think its similar to what did my lappy. I wast told its the VGA that causes such
brightk: i tink u might have a bad vga chip... but we cant rely on assumption...

I feared so too.

Can I get a VGA seperately or does that mean a new motherboard?
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by Rhemmymatician(m): 12:08pm On Jul 27, 2013
moshoodn:

I feared so too.

Can I get a VGA seperately or does that mean a new motherboard?
A new motherboard or a new lappy is the advice I got. Preferably the latter
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by moshoodn(m): 3:07pm On Jul 27, 2013
Rhemmymatician:
A new motherboard or a new lappy is the advice I got. Preferably the latter

Funny thing is the laptop of 120k just elapsed its one year replacement warranty last month.

I still got two years warranty left for services only.
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by Omero(m): 5:27pm On Jul 27, 2013
Plz computer gurus in d house I need ur help, my acer notebook refuse to boot or refuse to come up. On putting it on it will show two options. 1.press F2 to enter setup. 2. press F12 to change boot order. Which ever option I follow it end up showing the following info. Check cable connection.....
PXE-E63: Error while initializing the NIC
PXE-MOF: Exiting Intel PXE ROM.
No bootable device ----- Insert boot disk and press any key. Plz I need help ASAP. Tanx.
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by brightk(m): 9:51pm On Jul 27, 2013
Omero: Plz computer gurus in d house I need ur help, my acer notebook refuse to boot or refuse to come up. On putting it on it will show two options. 1.press F2 to enter setup. 2. press F12 to change boot order. Which ever option I follow it end up showing the following info. Check cable connection.....
No bootable device ----- Insert boot disk and press any key. Plz I need help ASAP. Tanx.
ok from the above info... it sims like ur pc is looking for a bootable device...i willl assume the following.

1. sometin has happened 2 d hard disk..maybe ur pc collided with something or fell on the ground and as a result shifted a little bit from the original position but i doubt dis 2 cos of the screws attached except they are broken (the holes o on which de rest)..

2.. ur hard disk is faulty and need to be replaced..

what i would suggest 2 u is dat u shud pres f2 2 enter setup and look for pc diagnostic and do a check on the hard drive if the pc still regcognize it.. it will report d status of the hard diskk if eventually it recognizes one.. its either its bad and need to be replaced or the check didnt see the hard drive.. if it doesnt see the hard drive den u ve 2 disassemble the laptop and replace it with another drive and den do a diagnostic test on the new drive..if the drive appears ok den u can go ahead and install windows..

dont worry about taking the hard drive apart many modern laptops allows u to take out the drive without actually opening the whole pc.. except say u de use junk box grin grin
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by niyilarry: 4:43am On Jul 28, 2013
please i have little problem on laptop, is hanging if i plug the adaptor until i unplug it before i can be able to enjoy using it
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by olasmith10(m): 9:23am On Jul 28, 2013
Pls how much can I get a 320g HDD(both new and fairly used) in computer village.
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by onegig(m): 10:00am On Jul 28, 2013
moshoodn:

Funny thing is the laptop of 120k just elapsed its one year replacement warranty last month.

I still got two years warranty left for services only.
Dont conclude yet that it is the VGA that has problems. Sometimes the RAM slots maybe dirty or you have a failing ram which is preventing the system from starting up normally. Sometimes it might be that you even have just a cd inside the rom that's preventing it from starting up. Take it to an engineer to check it out before concluding it has VGA problems. Even if it is VGA problems it got it can still be reflown.

niyilarry:
please i have little problem on laptop, is hanging if i plug the adaptor until i unplug it before i can be able to enjoy using it

Your adapter is bad. QED! Better buy a new one with the correct rating for your system before you damage your motherboard. It is either supplying higher than required voltage or less. I guess the system is a dell or acer.
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by onegig(m): 10:05am On Jul 28, 2013
Omero: Plz computer gurus in d house I need ur help, my acer notebook refuse to boot or refuse to come up. On putting it on it will show two options. 1.press F2 to enter setup. 2. press F12 to change boot order. Which ever option I follow it end up showing the following info. Check cable connection.....
In addition to what brightk wrote up there. If you tried all that before replacing the HDD do this.

I guess you moved the system around too much thereby displacing or unseating the Hard disk. Open the HDD compartment and place the hardisk well. try restarting and see if it works. Sometimes the MBR might be destroyed you might need to recreate a MBR or create new partition tables for the hardisk.
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by dridowu: 3:16pm On Jul 28, 2013
Hello all, is it advisable to use more than 1 antivirus in PC, and pls any consequence positive or negative ?
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by Rhemmymatician(m): 3:40pm On Jul 28, 2013
dridowu: Hello all, is it advisable to use more than 1 antivirus in PC, and pls any consequence positive or negative ?
You can have as many antivirus on ur system as u want, BUT DO NOT activate more than 1 at a time. DO NOT! FoR ANY REASON!!
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by dridowu: 4:10pm On Jul 28, 2013
Rhemmymatician:
You can have as many antivirus on ur system as u want, BUT DO NOT activate more than 1 at a time. DO NOT! FoR ANY REASON!!
thanks
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by Richystar4: 7:12pm On Jul 28, 2013
I cant play game on my laptop. Is always talking about graphics not compatible. If i update the VGA driver my system don't boot until i restore back to the initial state before updating. Pls what do i need to do. Do i need to change the video card?
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by Funjosh(m): 9:10pm On Jul 28, 2013
My laptop with windows 7 professional cant log on to desktop, it gives me this error message on the blue interface "the user profile service service failed to logon user profile cannot be loaded" please i dont know what to do.
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by brightk(m): 9:59pm On Jul 28, 2013
Funjosh: My laptop with windows 7 professional cant log on to desktop, it gives me this error message on the blue interface "the user profile service service failed to logon user profile cannot be loaded" please i dont know what to do.
i once encountered this same problem wen i was called to fix some systems in a company...google is ur best friend.. i have 4gotten d procedures
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by Yvete(f): 10:02pm On Jul 28, 2013
Can I possibly upgrade a windows RT notebook to Windows 7 or 8? Its a Lenovo Yoga ... so darn limited! sad sad. How do I go about this upgrade?
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by Funjosh(m): 12:38am On Jul 29, 2013
brightk: i once encountered this same problem wen i was called to fix some systems in a company...google is ur best friend.. i have 4gotten d procedures

i use google and follow the steps online yet the problem still persist, i dont want to format it please.
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by HABRUZZY(m): 6:01am On Jul 29, 2013
pls help my pc doesnt show my videos on my videos folder it tells me i/o device error
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by SilvesterNornam: 9:10am On Jul 29, 2013
Hello onegig,

I have one question regarding genuine operating systems re-useability in another system. I have a windows XP genuine operating system running on one PC. I want to install the same operating system in another laptop of mine. Can I do that?
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by Almaiga: 2:05pm On Jul 29, 2013
Hi computer gurus, need your help. I have some designs i did with the aid of Auto-CAD. The problem is that, for the past weeks i could'nt open all my saved designs. Any time i try to open the files the system would display this; "cannot find the specified drawing file. Please verify that the file exists".
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by onegig(m): 5:33pm On Jul 29, 2013
Funjosh:

i use google and follow the steps online yet the problem still persist, i dont want to format it please.

On mobile now...will give you the procedures when i get home later... just chill till then.
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by onegig(m): 5:37pm On Jul 29, 2013
SilvesterNornam: Hello onegig,

I have one question regarding genuine operating systems re-useability in another system. I have a windows XP genuine operating system running on one PC. I want to install the same operating system in another laptop of mine. Can I do that?

Not possible unless you have the activation keys for the old system and the license is for multiple systems use else you have to buy a new key.

In a clearer language...if you license is like a 3 in 1 license that alows you to use the keys on more than one system then fine but if it is limited then forget it.
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by stano2(m): 8:11pm On Jul 29, 2013
pls my laptop show "plugged in, charging" but still at 0% since..pls someone shold help me out
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by Rhemmymatician(m): 8:38pm On Jul 29, 2013
stano2: pls my laptop show "plugged in, charging" but still at 0% since..pls someone shold help me out
Is it a new battery/laptop? The battery is probably bad
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by Rhemmymatician(m): 8:40pm On Jul 29, 2013
onegig:

On mobile now...will give you the procedures when i get home later... just chill till then.
Baba see me see wahala o. Jumia delivered that dell laptop today, and guess what? The battery is bad, doesn't charge just stays on '0% charging' and immediately u remove d charger it goes off. cry I've called dem nd dey said dey were going to come and retrieve it and bring anoda one after they have done Quality Control
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by emmmillenium: 11:45pm On Jul 29, 2013
emmmillenium: try and connect external monitor to its VGA port, if the monitor works perfectly with it. Then its like you are having the same problem with my pc
the problem with the laptop is the screen, the inverter inside screen module always causes that kind of problem but my own laptop is mini and the screen is moduless, which means inverter is built inside the screen. I changed the screen and it came back to life
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by emmmillenium: 11:51pm On Jul 29, 2013
moshoodn:

I've done that already that's why I said the screen aint faulty.
the problem with the laptop is the screen, the inverter inside screen module always causes that kind of problem but my own laptop is mini and the screen is moduless, which means inverter is built inside the screen. I changed the screen and it came back to life

(1) (2) (3) ... (311) (312) (313) (314) (315) (316) (317) ... (1223) (Reply)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 44
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.