Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,195 members, 7,829,278 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 11:45 PM

Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. - Computers (315) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Computers / Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. (1274559 Views)

22 Essentials To Consider Before Buying A Laptop/computer PC/MAC / Post Your Imac, Macbook And Macbook Pro Problems Here. / Post Your Laptop Problems Here For Free Advice. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (312) (313) (314) (315) (316) (317) (318) ... (1223) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by emmmillenium: 11:56pm On Jul 29, 2013
onegig: has the laptop ever fallen? Is the britness due to changes in power plans like when you plug in the ac charger it lightens up and when you remove it dims. Or does it flicker on and off.
Thanks very much, am grateful for your contribution, I have fixed the problem, I later discovered the screen was the problem. The screen was moduless and I changed the screen and it was ok.
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by onegig(m): 12:06am On Jul 30, 2013
Almaiga: Hi computer gurus, need your help. I have some designs i did with the aid of Auto-CAD. The problem is that, for the past weeks i could'nt open all my saved designs. Any time i try to open the files the system would display this; "cannot find the specified drawing file. Please verify that the file exists".
you have deleted the files or you changed their location.i hope you have the backUps?
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by onegig(m): 12:15am On Jul 30, 2013
Rhemmymatician:
Baba see me see wahala o. Jumia delivered that dell laptop today, and guess what? The battery is bad, doesn't charge just stays on '0% charging' and immediately u remove d charger it goes off. cry I've called dem nd dey said dey were going to come and retrieve it and bring anoda one after they have done Quality Control
just dont stress yourself they would replace the laptop.dont accept a new battery in lieu of the bad one. Na new pc make den bring
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by onegig(m): 12:27am On Jul 30, 2013
Funjosh: My laptop with windows 7 professional cant log on to desktop, it gives me this error message on the blue interface "the user profile service service failed to logon user profile cannot be loaded" please i dont know what to do.
as stated in the error. The user service has been stopped and cannot come no automatically. So what do you do? Try logging through safe mode. How to login through safe mode? Hold down the f8 key when you restart the system select safe mode. When it logs u in. Press the two keys i.e windows key plus r next type services.msc press enter key. It would list some services. Go to under where you can find user or user profile or login double click and Set it auto start. Press ok then restart.
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by onegig(m): 12:32am On Jul 30, 2013
Yvete: Can I possibly upgrade a windows RT notebook to Windows 7 or 8? Its a Lenovo Yoga ... so darn limited! sad sad. How do I go about this upgrade?
sorry you cant. The rt is made for a different architecture which is the arm and win7 wont work no such because it was developed for such. Get a real lapi please.no one wants to develop apps for that rt platform abeg as its nt viable
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by onegig(m): 12:35am On Jul 30, 2013
Richystar4: I cant play game on my laptop. Is always talking about graphics not compatible. If i update the VGA driver my system don't boot until i restore back to the initial state before updating. Pls what do i need to do. Do i need to change the video card?
your pc is nt made for gaming go get a higher spec. Most laptops ve their vga onboard. So you cant change it. Whats the model and what game do you wanna play on it?
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by Rhemmymatician(m): 4:26am On Jul 30, 2013
onegig: just dont stress yourself they would replace the laptop.dont accept a new battery in lieu of the bad one. Na new pc make den bring
Oh shocked and I was thinking that I should tell them to just bring a new battery instead of depriving me of the PC for a few more days. Is there any reason u said dey shd change d whole pc for me?
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by onegig(m): 5:19am On Jul 30, 2013
Rhemmymatician:
Oh shocked and I was thinking that I should tell them to just bring a new battery instead of depriving me of the PC for a few more days. Is there any reason u said dey shd change d whole pc for me?
i just guess its beta that way..they might replace it with all these chinko battery.better to be the one to unpack it.
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by Funjosh(m): 7:40am On Jul 30, 2013
onegig: as stated in the error. The user service has been stopped and cannot come no automatically. So what do you do? Try logging through safe mode. How to login through safe mode? Hold down the f8 key when you restart the system select safe mode. When it logs u in. Press the two keys i.e windows key plus r next type services.msc press enter key. It would list some services. Go to under where you can find user or user profile or login double click and Set it auto start. Press ok then restart.

i just did that now, i met the user profile in automatic, among d dropdown list i found there were automatic (delay) automatic* enable and disable. I set it back to the automatic but yet its not responding after i restarted the system.
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by deji2009(m): 7:48am On Jul 30, 2013
Rhemmymatician:
Baba see me see wahala o. Jumia delivered that dell laptop today, and guess what? The battery is bad, doesn't charge just stays on '0% charging' and immediately u remove d charger it goes off. cry I've called dem nd dey said dey were going to come and retrieve it and bring anoda one after they have done Quality Control

Given what you've already been advised, please restart the laptop
and keep pressing f2 to enter the bios. use the arrow keys to navigate
to power management. it would state unknown, empty or idle. let us know.
All the same good luck with another one.
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by deji2009(m): 8:00am On Jul 30, 2013
stano2: pls my laptop show "plugged in, charging" but still at 0% since..pls someone shold help me out

What is the make and model of the laptop ? for example dell d610 windows xp
Has it been in for for power jack replacement? if so, please let us know.
if it has, you'd need to let us know and we can advise what to do to clear the
static electricity. if you've not had it done, please consider the followings.

Disconnect the power from your computer.
If possible remove the battery and external devices.
Hold the laptop power button for about 15 seconds
Put the battery back in the computer
Reconnect the power
Press the power button to turn on your computer
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by deji2009(m): 8:24am On Jul 30, 2013
dridowu: Good morni, pls help, any time i want to open pdf , i got an error, i have uninstall and install several times but d error still persist. d error i got is attahed as screenshot. pls help

I referred to your recent post about the trouble you're having with adobe reader.
Please visit http://support.microsoft.com/kb/290301 to download the cleanup utility to
clean all previous installations and attempt to download adobe from this link.

http://get.adobe.com/uk/reader/

Please make sure you remove the tick from the mcafee box . download it restart your
system and test it. should be okay
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by onegig(m): 9:06am On Jul 30, 2013
Funjosh:

i just did that now, i met the user profile in automatic, among d dropdown list i found there were automatic (delay) automatic* enable and disable. I set it back to the automatic but yet its not responding after i restarted the system.
whats your operating system. Seems like a virus attack that is disabling it. Also there is an option for what the system should do if there is a failure. Set it to automatic restart service.
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by deji2009(m): 9:18am On Jul 30, 2013
onegig: whats your operating system. Seems like a virus attack that is disabling it. Also there is an option for what the system should do if there is a failure. Set it to automatic restart service.

cheesy yea on first, second and third failure it should auto restart the service or the
computer. @onegig could we advise him to try system restore in safe mode. there is a reg fix for
this problem but i wouldnt advice it because other problems will come up again. if all fails
I am afriad to say, we have to advice @poster to reinstall windows

If system restore fails please try creating another account in control panel
through safe mode then login through that account. if it works through another
account we think about data transfer if any.
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by dridowu: 9:39am On Jul 30, 2013
deji2009:

I referred to your recent post about the trouble you're having with adobe reader.
Please visit http://support.microsoft.com/kb/290301 to download the cleanup utility to
clean all previous installations and attempt to download adobe from this link.

http://get.adobe.com/uk/reader/

Please make sure you remove the tick from the mcafee box . download it restart your
system and test it. should be okay
thanks i will do dat wen i get home, am on mobile now. Thanks 1ce mre
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by Rhemmymatician(m): 9:53am On Jul 30, 2013
deji2009:

Given what you've already been advised, please restart the laptop
and keep pressing f2 to enter the bios. use the arrow keys to navigate
to power management. it would state unknown, empty or idle. let us know.
All the same good luck with another one.
Power is out atm o. But if I do the f2 thingy, which shd it ideally be on empty/idle or unknown. And then I saw your advice to sum1 else abt removing d battery and removing d static electricity, shd I try that too?
Or should I just leave their thing jeje until dey come back for it
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by onegig(m): 10:19am On Jul 30, 2013
Rhemmymatician:
Power is out atm o. But if I do the f2 thingy, which shd it ideally be on empty/idle or unknown. And then I saw your advice to sum1 else abt removing d battery and removing d static electricity, shd I try that too?

trying those things does not void your warranty i guess.
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by onegig(m): 10:21am On Jul 30, 2013
deji2009:

cheesy yea on first, second and third failure it should auto restart the service or the
computer. @onegig could we advise him to try system restore in safe mode. there is a reg fix for
this problem but i wouldnt advice it because other problems will come up again. if all fails
I am afriad to say, we have to advice @poster to reinstall windows

If system restore fails please try creating another account in control panel
through safe mode then login through that account. if it works through another
account we think about data transfer if any.

Ok bro.. I guess he should do a system restore in safe mode then.

Funjosh....run a system restore in safe mode to a previous period before your noticed the problem. Should work.
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by onyekabe(m): 11:07am On Jul 30, 2013
Please somebody help my computer boot half way and start again. It started since i instaled mavis beacon on it
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by onegig(m): 11:19am On Jul 30, 2013
onyekabe: Please somebody help my computer boot half way and start again. It started since i instaled mavis beacon on it

Restart the system and tap the "F8 key" continuously until you get the startup menu.

select safe mode and press enter..

When it loads . i guess you are using windows 7

Using System Restore in Windows

There are two places that you can use the system restore feature from. From within Windows, you can just type restore into the Start menu search box, and you’ll immediately see System Restore at the top of the start menu:
You will immediate see a screen where you can choose to roll back the system to the last restore point. You can select “Recommended restore”, and just click next, or you can choose a different restore point.

If you do choose a different restore point, you will see a list of restore points that you can choose from.

Restart the system and you should be okay.
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by sammyjay76(m): 11:34am On Jul 30, 2013
Pks my gurus in d house, i have problem with my hp desktop with windows xp Sp2.
I did a repair and that when i restart it all i get is DISK BOOT FAILURE, INSERT SYSTEM DISK AND PRESS ENTER.
PLS HELP ME.
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by onegig(m): 11:50am On Jul 30, 2013
sammyjay76: Pks my gurus in d house, i have problem with my hp desktop with windows xp Sp2.
I did a repair and that when i restart it all i get is DISK BOOT FAILURE, INSERT SYSTEM DISK AND PRESS ENTER.
PLS HELP ME.

get you windows xp cd . When you get it do the follow this
Insert the disk and boot from the cd

allow it to continue configuration checking until it gets to where you need to press r to repair or enter to continue.

Press r. and allow it to load the command prompt screen.

type
fixboot
next press enter.

Also type fixmbr

next enter.
restart.
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by deji2009(m): 1:19pm On Jul 30, 2013
4llerbuntu:

been having issues with my office network due to change of ISP.

turns out the sysad i used to have configured the former ISP, (Swift) on the server as gateway, Picked a static IP for the server in series from the gateway.
picked the networked printer as the 2nd static IP. like 1.0.0.1, 1.0.0.2, 1.0.0.3 blablabla

All the other clients on the LAN network apparently on auto -ip assigns

network was dependent on the swift hub (i think) for dhcp and auto ip address assigning to 10 clients and any wifi device.

engineer claims dhcp was done by the server. I checked, network router stauts said dhcp is off om that network.......

anyway, i have since removed the swift hub and plugged the ethernet cable in directly into the server. the chap got it rigged in such a way that the SWIFT HUB was doubling as a router
whenever swift had network issues, my network was behaving funny too! angry angry

i plugged in the new ISP hardware into the spare port on the cisco switch and picked the gatway IP et al to config the server and pcs around. it worked...... a while

but the catch now is, some clients after a reboot dont get on the network, keep showing IPs from the OLD SWIFT CONNECTION!

what do you think is the problem? i know its obvious but men, blow me, aint no sysad.

when i release and renew ipconfig they get back to normal, but i cant keep doing that for about 5 systems daily lipsrsealed lipsrsealed

thinking of installing DHCP on the server (win2k8 ), set a range, then changing the DNS on all clients to the server's static IP instead of the ISP's DNS.

am i on track? or i got it all wrong as usual?

Then again, if i dont pick .....1, ......2 for the gateway/server/printer statics does it matter? i used an arbitrary number in the range for the static (server, printer) already. do i have to change them to .1, .2 .3?

You would be better off paying someone to fix it for you.
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by deji2009(m): 1:32pm On Jul 30, 2013
sammyjay76: Pks my gurus in d house, i have problem with my hp desktop with windows xp Sp2.
PLS HELP ME.

onegig:

get you windows xp cd . When you get it do the follow this
Insert the disk and boot from the cd

allow it to continue configuration checking until it gets to where you need to press r to repair or enter to continue.

Press r. and allow it to load the command prompt screen.

type
fixboot
next press enter.

Also type fixmbr

next enter.
restart.

In addition to onegig's advice, please consider the followings.

I take it the pc does not have a floppy disk drive. i.e.
where you insert a floppy disk. if you do pls check
it to make sure no floppy disk inside and also no
cd is in the cd dvd drive.basically nothing else attached
just the monitor, the pc itself the mouse and the keyboard.
no usb stick or anything else.
restart the pc and keep pressing f2 or f1 for bios
u[b]se the keyboard arrow keys to find diagnostics or PC heath check[/b]
and run me a hard drive test,please if that option is available.

It would either passed or failed. on the same bios screen please
navigate to main or advanced bios features, boot order ot piority and make sure the
hard disk is at the top of the list. unsure msg back my colleagues would be able to
direct you. it may take sometime to get reply, please be patient.
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by deji2009(m): 1:38pm On Jul 30, 2013
Rhemmymatician:

Dear Rhemmymatician,

I would advise not to try ATX reset, its unnecessary.
when you f2 to bios, pls navigate to power management
and it should have an empty cylinder or square with the
status idle, unknown or the adaptor type cannot be determined
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by Richystar4: 4:25pm On Jul 30, 2013
onegig: your pc is nt made for gaming go get a higher spec. Most laptops ve their vga onboard. So you cant change it. Whats the model and what game do you wanna play on it?

HP Pavilions m4. It can't play any game. Even solitary, chess. So the vga can not be change?
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by square47: 5:41pm On Jul 30, 2013
HOW DO I ACTIVATE MY WINDOWS 8 WITHOUT ACTIVATION PIN
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by square47: 5:42pm On Jul 30, 2013
square@47:
HOW DO I ACTIVATE MY WINDOWS 8 WITHOUT ACTIVATION PIN
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by stano2(m): 9:30pm On Jul 30, 2013
Rhemmymatician:
Is it a new battery/laptop? The battery is probably bad
it is a new battery but not a new laptop...i uninstalled the microsoftACPI-compliant control method battery driver nd it started charging.....i also advice d guy dat got 4rm Jumia to try this....ma laptop is DELL....tanks
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by prestige2013: 9:58pm On Jul 30, 2013
Pls Gurus, help me out: I installed a Roxio media creator 7 software on my Dell laptop and its pop up make changes to d computer which i click yes and ask me to restart which i did but now my Dvd Rom has stopped funtioning.........when i checked d Device Manager, it notified me that my Dvd Rom driver is not digitally signed looking down below i saw an Roxio file which i tried to delete but unable to delete despite uninstalling d software. What should i do?
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by Rhemmymatician(m): 10:28pm On Jul 30, 2013
stano2: it is a new battery but not a new laptop...i uninstalled the microsoftACPI-compliant control method battery driver nd it started charging.....i also advice d guy dat got 4rm Jumia to try this....ma laptop is DELL....tanks
I'm 'd guy dt got from jumia' I don call dem make dem come carry their thing o, make dem no say na me go tamper with the thing con make e no work well
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by phranseeqz(m): 12:48am On Jul 31, 2013
pls help, my hp intet pentium4 desktop just developed a problem. It powers off as soon as it it finish booting and subsequently wont power on. It powers off as soon as desktop appears and anytime i try powerin it on, it just hums and off. pls help o

(1) (2) (3) ... (312) (313) (314) (315) (316) (317) (318) ... (1223) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: 2 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 71
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.