Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,162,529 members, 7,850,808 topics. Date: Wednesday, 05 June 2024 at 09:24 AM

Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. - Computers (387) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Computers / Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. (1284390 Views)

22 Essentials To Consider Before Buying A Laptop/computer PC/MAC / Post Your Imac, Macbook And Macbook Pro Problems Here. / Post Your Laptop Problems Here For Free Advice. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (384) (385) (386) (387) (388) (389) (390) ... (1224) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by waleadeleke(m): 8:52pm On Dec 23, 2013
pls I nid help on my system, when I fully
charge my system and shut it down
immediately and leave it for abt sme hours,
wen eva I turn on d system bak I realise that
the system battery that was fully charge will
reduce to abt 50% pls what's d solution to it
my fellow nl
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by onegig(m): 9:24pm On Dec 23, 2013
waleadeleke: pls I nid help on my system, when I fully
charge my system and shut it down
immediately and leave it for abt sme hours,
wen eva I turn on d system bak I realise that
the system battery that was fully charge will
reduce to abt 50% pls what's d solution to it
my fellow nl
First carry out a test by using a different charger to charge your system. If same happens your battery needs replacemet.
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by bigt2(m): 11:50pm On Dec 23, 2013
onegig: First carry out a test by using a different charger to charge your system. If same happens your battery needs replacemet.
if no joy with another charger, maybe the calibration is inaccurate. Check for battery calibration **sumfn lyk dat** @ d bios (if available tho) or better still, freeze it... Its an old trick.
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by Pque(m): 12:07am On Dec 24, 2013
deji2009:

Check if you are using the latest hardware drivers, especially the chipset and video drivers.
Older drivers are a common contributor to BSoD issues.

You can visit the laptop manufacturer's website to verify you have the latest drivers
and help keep all your drivers up-to-date. If you're comfortable with driver installations,
you can individually find and install current drivers on that same website.

If you have installed any software drivers, we may be able to turn the clock
back to when it was working okay.

Thanks boss 4 d quick reply but d problem right now is immediately it power on d monitor only shows a blank black screen nd producing sound like when booting. I wil have to wait til tomm evening to power it on cause that is when I think there is hope that it wil boot normally if it dont suddenly pop into blue screen of death.

I dont have internet service on my modem. If it boot sucesfully tomm, I wil try to back up nd copy important files. After that I may format d system or follow ur procedure in a cafe. Thanks boss I wil update u tomm am grateful.
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by DipHorizon(m): 12:10am On Dec 24, 2013
pls i upgraded my hp compaq nc6220 from xp to windows seven but it says no audio output device installed, no wireless driver installed... and i can't play games because it gives me a prompt about the video card... what do we do?
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by deji2009(m): 1:34am On Dec 24, 2013
Raymondfayowole:

Tnks for ur response M usin hp pentium M it is nt dual boot.

If i wnt 2 update d hardware it say The wizard could nt find a better match for your hardware than the software you currently have installed. But if i check the general status of the driver it says Windows cannot load the device for this hardware. The driver may be corrupted or missing (code 39).
Tnks guys.

visit hp website and select your exact laptop driver's
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by bogtrotter: 1:44am On Dec 24, 2013
Can someone please tell me how to restore from recovery partition on hp compaq presario. I recently upgrade windows 7 but since upgraded my laptop won't start again it will just show black screen then goes off again then I got this "Windows failed to start. A recent hardware or software change might be the cause.
To fix the problem:

1. Insert your Windows installation disc and restart your computer.
2. Choose your language settings, and then click "Next".
3. Click "Repair your computer". And now I would like to restore it back to vista because it came with vista. Please help o
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by deji2009(m): 2:03am On Dec 24, 2013
bogtrotter: Can someone please tell me how to restore from recovery partition on hp compaq presario. I recently upgrade windows 7 but since upgraded my laptop won't start again it will just show black screen then goes off again then I got this "Windows failed to start. A recent hardware or software change might be the cause.
To fix the problem:

1. Insert your Windows installation disc and restart your computer.
2. Choose your language settings, and then click "Next".
3. Click "Repair your computer". And now I would like to restore it back to vista because it came with vista. Please help o

did u format it with a windows 7 cd or internal recovery partition ?

did u complete the recovery successful ?

What make and model is the laptop and previous O/S xp or vista ?
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by bogtrotter: 3:06am On Dec 24, 2013
The system originally came windows vista... I formatted it with windows 7 cd but since it didn't work, I want to go back to my vista but I don't know how to go about using the recovery partition disk. Please me, Sir. Thanks
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by bogtrotter: 3:08am On Dec 24, 2013
deji2009:

did u format it with a windows 7 cd or internal recovery partition ?

did u complete the recovery successful ?

What make and model is the laptop and previous O/S xp or vista ?

It's hp compaq presario

The system originally came windows vista... I formatted it with windows 7 cd but since it didn't work, I want to go back to my vista but I don't know how to go about using the recovery partition disk. Please me, Sir. Thanks
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by Donsammi(m): 8:15am On Dec 24, 2013
DipHorizon: pls i upgraded my hp compaq nc6220 from xp to windows seven but it says no audio output device installed, no wireless driver installed... and i can't play games because it gives me a prompt about the video card... what do we do?
Guy Go nd hurt for audio drivers frm hp and get graphics drivers too ..
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by deji2009(m): 9:36am On Dec 24, 2013
bogtrotter:

It's hp compaq presario

you could restart pressing f11 to start recovery manager and follow the instructions.
This should start the vista out of box experience provided you have not damage
your recovery partition named D drive

If nothing works, proceed to stp 2

I take it you have a set of recovery disk ? 1 of 3 or 1.
If you have the original recovery disc that came with it or
the one you made by using the create recovery disk pop
up message then you are good to go. you need constant
electricity and also you need to[b] install windows update,[/b] if you
have access to the internet. pop the disk in and restart it should
detect the disc, if[b] not use restart press f10 until you see bios [/b]and go to boot
or boot priority . follow the instruc... to make the cd dvd go up and then
f10 to save and exit. the recovery will start
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by Ukeachu1(m): 12:54pm On Dec 24, 2013
my hp 630 dvd drive wont open and its also not visible on the ' my computer ' window.
pls I need suggestions on what could be the problem and action to be taken. thanks
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by papannamdi1(m): 1:10pm On Dec 24, 2013
*walks into thread sweating*
Arrrhh, thank God I found you people, pls help me
I use a compaq presario laptop, the problem is dis, my chargers gets burnt easily, its like every 3weeks or less, the one I just bought not long ago got burnt last nyt while i was gaming, pls wats d cause, is it that d chargers I buy ar fake? Or its d hotness of d chargers dat burns it, cos I noticed d heat increases extreemly wen am gamin, pls help with ideas thanks.
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by deji2009(m): 1:40pm On Dec 24, 2013
Ukeachu1: my hp 630 dvd drive wont open and its also not visible on the ' my computer ' window.
pls I need suggestions on what could be the problem and action to be taken. thanks

Thank you for the above and would suggest the followings. Let us cover the basics.

use google to find out how you can get to device manager. when in device manager look
fro cd dvd, expand it and is there any yellow signs in there

[size=15pt]registry[/size]

option 2: fix rate 65.5%

since you didn't specify you laptop OS
xp or vista. insert this link in your browser and follow
option 3

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/314060

Pls be careful and cannot be hold accountable
for any registry damages. Follow the instructions carefully. it
shoudl be okay
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by deji2009(m): 1:53pm On Dec 24, 2013
papa_nnamdi: *walks into thread sweating*
Arrrhh, thank God I found you people, pls help me
I use a compaq presario laptop, the problem is dis, my chargers gets burnt easily, its like every 3weeks or less, the one I just bought not long ago got burnt last nyt while i was gaming, pls wats d cause, is it that d chargers I buy ar fake? Or its d hotness of d chargers dat burns it, cos I noticed d heat increases extreemly wen am gamin, pls help with ideas thanks.

turn the laptop and charger upside down and compare
the volts. for example 19. v. let us know the volts on both.
your laptop charger should start hp at the back of it. to determine
the condition of your charger[b] provided it is safe to do so[/b], click start,
all programmes and try looking for hp battery test, run the test and should state
your charger as unknown. if you cant find hp battery test, visit google and
search for hp battery test.
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by papannamdi1(m): 2:23pm On Dec 24, 2013
deji2009:

turn the laptop and charger upside down and compare
the volts. for example 19. v. let us know the volts on both.
your laptop charger should start hp at the back of it. to determine
the condition of your charger[b] provided it is safe to do so[/b], click start,
all programmes and try looking for hp battery test, run the test and should state
your charger as unknown. if you cant find hp battery test, visit google and
search for hp battery test.
I just did, d dc volt on the laptop and charger are same, 18.5V and 3.5A and d ba3 has 10.8V
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by deji2009(m): 2:25pm On Dec 24, 2013
papa_nnamdi:
I just did, d dc volt on the laptop and charger are same, 18.5V and 3.5A and d ba3 has 10.8V

Hmmm...
u know what
take it to a
repair shop
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by wolebaba(m): 3:40pm On Dec 24, 2013
deji2009:

Hmmm...
u know what
take it to a
repair shop

1stly most of the computer parts are actually fake or sub-standard. Be sure to one removed from an already damaged computer. Most of the ones in the market are sub-standard chinko.

Also take a look at your source of electricity.
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by wolebaba(m): 3:44pm On Dec 24, 2013
HELLO ALL,

THIS IS TO WISH YOU ALL MERRY XMAS AND TO THANK YOU ALL FOR TRUSTING ME ENOUGH TO ALLOW ME ADVICE YOU ON THIS PLATFORM.
TO ALL YOU TECHIES LIKE ME WHO EXPEND TIME AND ENERGY TO HELP OTHERS ON THIS SITE, I SAY MAY ALLAH BLESS US ALL ABUNDANTLY IN WHATEVER WE ALL SET OUR SIGHT TO ACHIEVE IN LIFE.

ONCE AGAIN MERRY XMAS Y'ALL.

1 Like

Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by papannamdi1(m): 4:08pm On Dec 24, 2013
deji2009:

Hmmm...
u know what
take it to a
repair shop
Noo oh,
I dey fear those guys,
A frnd of mine went to fix his laptop and his video card was swaped, plus dem go even tel yu problems upon problems to favour their pockets, i'ld rather buy a new one.
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by Festinl(m): 7:50pm On Dec 24, 2013
Bros,it cant get to safe mode and when i on it,it doed nt display F8,but i'll try d diagnosis and giv u feed back
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by Festinl(m): 7:52pm On Dec 24, 2013
*s
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by tonytony208(m): 7:59pm On Dec 24, 2013
Pls i need help!

My P3 (don't laugh at me) dell laptop restarts over and over again. When i put it on, it opens the Dell page and then ask me to select among "safe mode", "last best configuration" and "open windows normally". When i make my selection, it opens the Windows page. While on the Windows page, it restarts all over. Someone said it might be virus infection; so i bought new windows installation disc (service pack 2) and tried to reformat it. While the Dell page was opening, i pressed F12 to open the boot menu. I selected the CD/DVD... option and enter. But the system doesn't seem to recognize the command. Instead, it continues to restart like before. Pls what can i do? Pls dont tell me to buy a new one. If i have the money for another laptop, i won't be asking this question. THANK YOU IN ANTICIPATION AND MERRY CHRISTMAS IN ADVANCE.
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by KnightsTemplar(m): 9:26pm On Dec 24, 2013
tonytony208: Pls i need help!

My P3 (don't laugh at me) dell laptop restarts over and over again. When i put it on, it opens the Dell page and then ask me to select among "safe mode", "last best configuration" and "open windows normally". When i make my selection, it opens the Windows page. While on the Windows page, it restarts all over. Someone said it might be virus infection; so i bought new windows installation disc (service pack 2) and tried to reformat it. While the Dell page was opening, i pressed F12 to open the boot menu. I selected the CD/DVD... option and enter. But the system doesn't seem to recognize the command. Instead, it continues to restart like before. Pls what can i do? Pls dont tell me to buy a new one. If i have the money for another laptop, i won't be asking this question. THANK YOU IN ANTICIPATION AND MERRY CHRISTMAS IN ADVANCE.

At least you have a laptop..anyway, I guess your optical drive or the Win xp cd is bad, hence the reason it is being bypassed by the BIOS. Try to access your BIOS and see if your BIOS detects your optical drive, if it does, change your first Boot priority to your optical drive and save. The restarting may be as a result of corrupt OS. Best of luck.
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by Festinl(m): 9:34pm On Dec 24, 2013
Bros,after finishind d diagnosis,it wrote,hit any key to exit,after i restarted but still writing BOOTMGR image is corrupt system cannot boot
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by Festinl(m): 9:34pm On Dec 24, 2013
Bros,after finishind d diagnosis,it wrote,hit any key to exit,after,i restarted but still writing BOOTMGR image is corrupt system cannot boot..wot shud i do
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by Wakins(m): 2:03am On Dec 25, 2013
I subscribe 2 mtn monthly plan 260mb bt it not working when i insert it in my modem 2 browse on laptop,pls help me
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by ademuyiwasamson(m): 5:29am On Dec 25, 2013
Hi, i jst purchase a dell inspiron 3521 laptop and i discovered it has no vga port, my major reason for buyin is to use it with a projector for presentation. but its nt workin. how can u help me?
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by tonytony208(m): 5:44am On Dec 25, 2013
KnightsTemplar:

At least you have a laptop..anyway, I guess your optical drive or the Win xp cd is bad, hence the reason it is being bypassed by the BIOS. Try to access your BIOS and see if your BIOS detects your optical drive, if it does, change your first Boot priority to your optical drive and save. The restarting may be as a result of corrupt OS. Best of luck.

i must thank you for your very fast response. But the system does not even finish booting before it restarts again. How then can i access my BIOS? Your helpful response will be highly appreciated.
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by Rottenegg1: 7:05am On Dec 25, 2013
tonytony208:

i must thank you for your very fast response. But the system does not even finish booting before it restarts again. How then can i access my BIOS? Your helpful response will be highly appreciated.
try the f2 key.. Press it repeatedly after turning on yur p.c..
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by emekz(m): 7:18am On Dec 25, 2013
skydancer: @Stan: If it's wma format you are trying to convert, that may give a hint of your problems. if the previous bitrate is not regular(32kbps, 64, 128, 192) and so on, that may be the reason. Nokia converter is not so fantastic. It will first try to copy the first bytes of data, only to find out that it cannot continue. An error will occur in the program leading to abrubt stop which results to something like 2 kb or even 1 byte grin Try something like Aldensoft mp3 converter or fairstars. You can google it up from rapidlibrary or 4shared.

@ec3l: Your graphics adapter driver is not installed. I would have easily helped with dell but I am not sure of compaq. There are two ways to solve your problem:

The first is to find out the model of your laptop and download the driver from the customer support website.
Another one is to search for an inbuilt compatible driver:
1.open command prompt(u can also use run)
2.type 'start devmgmt.msc' (remove the start in run)
3.you will find out that your display adapter is marked yellow or is not there at all.
if it is marked yello, right click it and select update driver.
A the hadware update wizard will pop up. Select 'install from a specific location' and click next
Select 'Don't search I will choose a driver to install'
Your real adapter should be either intel or compaq. Just look for the company with the largest number of drivers.
Look for simple names like mobile chipset, radeon express(drivers that appear as if they cover a wide range not those designed for a specific system. Click next. It will ask for confirmation. Just confirm and continue everything. If after installation, it reports a device code error, then you were not succesful. Continue doing this until you find a good one(You may still not be able to find one but unlimited and xp 2005 svc pack 2 have a lot of drivers included unlike vista)

The fruity loops problem may be a sound device problem. Can you play music with your system? If yes then it may be from the software package. If it is still happening, when it encounters the error and requires you to send it to the internet, click details, copy out the error code and post it here
@skydancer pls I have the same problem on my hp device...help me with d steps for my device *thanks*

(1) (2) (3) ... (384) (385) (386) (387) (388) (389) (390) ... (1224) (Reply)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 69
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.