Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,162,685 members, 7,851,354 topics. Date: Wednesday, 05 June 2024 at 05:40 PM

Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. - Computers (386) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Computers / Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. (1284593 Views)

22 Essentials To Consider Before Buying A Laptop/computer PC/MAC / Post Your Imac, Macbook And Macbook Pro Problems Here. / Post Your Laptop Problems Here For Free Advice. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (383) (384) (385) (386) (387) (388) (389) ... (1224) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by tosins(m): 6:46am On Dec 23, 2013
My laptop off when am playing pes soccer with d graphics on and someone told ♍Ƹ d vga is faulty pls gurus what can I do
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by leunamme93(m): 7:26am On Dec 23, 2013
tosins: seems we ere using d same laptop mine is also hpdv6, is it possoible to repair vga
What is the specs of your laptop
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by Raymondfayowole(m): 7:30am On Dec 23, 2013
Raymondfayowole: Hi, i bought a new external dvd rom, worked for like a week nd stop workin afta checkin d device manager there is a yellow stamp on both d external nd d internal dvd which i knw it is nt gud again(d internal dvd) but afta uninstallin d driver nd scan for plug nd play d yellow stuff still shows dnt knw mayb i shuld format d laptop nd i also wnt 2 knw if i cn format a laptop usin a flashdrive. Tnks

guys pls help
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by Rottenegg1: 7:36am On Dec 23, 2013
Raymondfayowole:

guys pls help
try reinstalling the yellow stuff with 100 tools driver....
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by paulcr7: 7:38am On Dec 23, 2013
Slow browsing and slow performance while the internet is still connected
wolebaba:

Sir,

Slow as in slow browsing or the computer performance.
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by deji2009(m): 8:18am On Dec 23, 2013
Wynnah: Gurus in the house, pls i need ur help. i use DELL inspiron N4010, my room mates were watching a movie wit it while the WIFI was connected,dey didnt plug it to power and it gave d 'battery low' warning, while they were shutting down, it started updating windows and due to d low battery,it went off. On putin it on,i got to knw all these cos i was asleep..plugged it to power and Put it on and got this error msg...'FAILURE TO CONFIGURE WINDOWS UPDATE,REVERTING CHANGES,DO NOT TURN OFF UR COMPUTER' and this persisted fr abt 45mins,no changes..i turnd off wit d power button,nd turnd on using safe mode nd it workd..bt it jst doesnt start windows normally..nd it stil shows d error msg. pls wat do i do? nd sorry fr d long complaint.

Just as you did put it in safe mode and use Google to find out how
you can use system restore in safe mode to revert the changes
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by deji2009(m): 8:42am On Dec 23, 2013
dd_jay:
tnx very much,heres a pic,d car (Background) is suppose to be pure red but u can see blurred effects

wolebaba:

You most have changed some settings unknowingly.

Right-click COMPUTER and click on PROPERTIES

On the system properties dialogue box, click on the ADVANCED tab and click on SETTINGS

A new dialogue box "performance options" appears, where you click on VISUAL EFFECTS tab and UNCHECK the option "USE DROP SHADOW FOR ICON LABELS ON THE DESKTOP".

Click apply then ok.

Shikena....that should work!!!!

In addition to wolebaba's advice, please visit http://www.ehow.co.uk/how_6198985_make-desktop-background-not-blurry.html

I spent 10 minutes looking for the exact picture on google and please to tell you, it was ok on my desktop.

In addition to that click start, computer and make sure windows index is not displayed as run windows index exper...

Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by deji2009(m): 8:48am On Dec 23, 2013
Raymondfayowole:

guys pls help

Røtten_egg: try reinstalling the yellow stuff with 100 tools driver....

I acknowledged my colleague advice and would ask you to go back to
device manager, right click on the yellow signs, properties and
tell us what the error code is. What make and model is the computer ?
mine is a toshiba P300-20H Windows Vista and Windows 7 Dual boot. if yours is dual
boot, please specify.
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by deji2009(m): 8:52am On Dec 23, 2013
tosins: My laptop off when am playing pes soccer with d graphics on and someone told ♍Ƹ d vga is faulty pls gurus what can I do

Is this a PC or a laptop ?

Pes CD game you've installed or
the one you downloaded from the net ?

I"m playing pes soccer with d graphics on " how do you mean ?

"someone told ♍Ƹ d vga is faulty" technician or a friend ?

What make and model is the computer ?
mine is a toshiba P300-20H Windows Vista and Windows 7 Dual boot.
if yours is dual boot, please specify.
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by KHENNYJAMES(m): 9:36am On Dec 23, 2013
skydancer: @bigstar: you may as well ask me what I know about a mouse that disappeared from its cage. You should phrase your questions properly. Is it your wireless connection tray icon that disappeared? Or has your wireless adapter stopped working? Or you can't configure your wireless connection again? Or your computer cannot detect your wireless device? What do you mean you use broadcomm driver? Is it that your original driver stopped working and you loaded a broadcomm instead. It should work though, because compaq no longer exists. HP bought compaq about two years ago, and HP makes broadcomm drivers.
PLEASE KINDLY HELP MY HP COMPAQ BRINGS UP WLTRAY APPLICATION ERROR CLOSE THE PROGRAM. 0c000007b WHAT COULD BE WRONG
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by ddjay: 10:03am On Dec 23, 2013
deji2009:

In addition to wolebaba's advice, please visit http://www.ehow.co.uk/how_6198985_make-desktop-background-not-blurry.html

I spent 10 minutes looking for the exact picture on google and please to tell you, it was ok on my desktop.

In addition to that click start, computer and make sure windows index is not displayed as run windows index exper...
TNX VERY MUCH,i tried changing d picture bt its still dsame,it took me time because d screen is realy blurred,but pls complete ur last statment on start-computer-index...
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by deji2009(m): 10:18am On Dec 23, 2013
dd_jay:
TNX VERY MUCH,i tried changing d picture bt its still dsame,it took me time because d screen is realy blurred,but pls complete ur last statment on start-computer-index...

Windows Experience Index rates your hardware, is it 2.1 or what is it saying ?

What happened if you use another wallpaper ? blurry ?

did you follow the link ? have you check your resolution settings ?

use google to visit device manager and look for display adapter, what is it saying ?

any yellow sign. I might have to offer you a remote support where i can
take over the computer.I'd think about it
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by wolebaba(m): 10:26am On Dec 23, 2013
Nicholas4: please i really need your help on this. i shut my system down wrongly because it hanged while i was doing some stuffs. When i later turned it on, it displayed system not shut down properly and gave different safe mode options. pls what should i do

Please choose 'start windows normally' or leave it to countdown and start normally by itself.
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by Rottenegg1: 10:35am On Dec 23, 2013
tosins: My laptop off when am playing pes soccer with d graphics on and someone told ♍Ƹ d vga is faulty pls gurus what can I do
nothing wrong with your vga.. this has happened to my lappy a million times. before i discovered it turns off due to the immense heat travelling back inside the cooling fan....
When next you're playing your pes, Try to place your laptop on a book or something which can give the cooling fan some breathing space away from the ground ... Hope it helped...
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by wolebaba(m): 10:39am On Dec 23, 2013
leunamme93: I salute all the bosses here that take their time to get our computer systems back to top form.
Merry Christmas in advance......
Please where can I get an hard drive connector and a caddy for my laptop, it's hp dv6t. How much will both cost?

Budget between 3-5k depending on what type you want.
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by wolebaba(m): 10:50am On Dec 23, 2013
Wynnah: Gurus in the house, pls i need ur help. i use DELL inspiron N4010, my room mates were watching a movie wit it while the WIFI was connected,dey didnt plug it to power and it gave d 'battery low' warning, while they were shutting down, it started updating windows and due to d low battery,it went off. On putin it on,i got to knw all these cos i was asleep..plugged it to power and Put it on and got this error msg...'FAILURE TO CONFIGURE WINDOWS UPDATE,REVERTING CHANGES,DO NOT TURN OFF UR COMPUTER' and this persisted fr abt 45mins,no changes..i turnd off wit d power button,nd turnd on using safe mode nd it workd..bt it jst doesnt start windows normally..nd it stil shows d error msg. pls wat do i do? nd sorry fr d long complaint.

Leave it alone to revert. IF you are in a hurry, boot to SAFE MODE and do system restore from there (Assuming you know how to do system restore).

Good luck bro.
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by wolebaba(m): 11:29am On Dec 23, 2013
donblanco: pls anybody with anwser to my question i will really appreciate it

Take it to an engineer. The cost will depend on the part to be replaced. Anyway it shouldnt cost more than 15k for the screen and like 5-10k for the flex.
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by wolebaba(m): 11:35am On Dec 23, 2013
Røtten_egg: Pls what's the best way to clean my black-colored laptop and make the blackness look sparkling new?..

Specifically with home-substances...

Any organic solvent. Methylated spirit most preferably.
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by leunamme93(m): 11:43am On Dec 23, 2013
wolebaba:

Budget between 3-5k depending on what type you want.
Thanks
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by onegig(m): 12:05pm On Dec 23, 2013
donblanco: pls anybody with anwser to my question i will really appreciate it
If you are lag. Send me a pm.

The prices are close to what wolebab quoted there.
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by onegig(m): 12:07pm On Dec 23, 2013
leunamme93:
Thanks

what is a caddy?
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by mcdokwe(m): 12:26pm On Dec 23, 2013
onegig:

what is a caddy?

a dvd drive-like casement where you insert an external hard disk, take away d original dvd drive, insert the caddy in its place and have two physical hdd installed on you lappy
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by ebukabanky(m): 1:12pm On Dec 23, 2013
hello house.....dia is smtin wrong wit my laptop its
refusing to accept my password...... am using a mini
laptop witout CD rom drive......i dont HV an external hard
drive to overrun it can I use a complete laptop to run d
password reset since it has CDROM...... tanx
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by Festinl(m): 2:13pm On Dec 23, 2013
Bros,when i on my laptop,after DISPLAYING hP,it will write BOOTMGR is corrupt,system cannot boot...wat shud i do...am usin windows 7ultimate,hp pavilion dv9000
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by deji2009(m): 3:56pm On Dec 23, 2013
Festinl: Bros,when i on my laptop,after DISPLAYING hP,it will write BOOTMGR is corrupt,system cannot boot...wat shud i do...am usin windows 7ultimate,hp pavilion dv9000

restart and keep pressing f8
then select repair your computer
automatically. if no joy restart then
safe mode. let us know if u get into
safe mode. Also restart and keep pressing f10
for bios and g to diagnostics, hard drive test
quick or short one will do and tell us the result
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by lifehacker: 4:37pm On Dec 23, 2013
wolebaba:

Any organic solvent. Methylated spirit most preferably.
. and i was thinking

rotten egg??
[quote author=wolebaba ]
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by ddjay: 5:02pm On Dec 23, 2013
deji2009, wolebaba. Tnx very much its a resolution problem,got it from, control panel - appearance and personalisation - display - screen resolution,den set at 1280 x 720
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by Pque(m): 5:21pm On Dec 23, 2013
Pls I need all ur help @my gurus: my HP 6735s windows vista has refused to start for sometime now. When I power it on repeatedly, only shows black screen nd when it does not show black screen nd while booting it sudenly shows a blue screen with certain write up "A problem has been detected nd windows has been shut down to prevent damage to ur computer. A driver corrupted part memory used for holding pages destined for disk bla bla bla Technical information:... bla bla bla.

What I think is source of d problem?
Battery of my laptop spoilt nd when nepa took light while system is on, d system imediately goes off without shutting it down. It continues like that for like 2 months. After 2 mths, it began to show d blue screen nd now d black screen nd when it at times began to boot without black screen nd am able to get it to safe mode, it suddenly pop into d blue screen.
PLS HELP ME!!
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by Nobody: 5:32pm On Dec 23, 2013
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by deji2009(m): 5:37pm On Dec 23, 2013
Pque: Pls I need all ur help @my gurus: my HP 6735s windows vista has refused to start for sometime now. When I power it on repeatedly, only shows black screen nd when it does not show black screen nd while booting it sudenly shows a blue screen with certain write up "A problem has been detected nd windows has been shut down to prevent damage to ur computer. A driver corrupted part memory used for holding pages destined for disk bla bla bla Technical information:... bla bla bla.

What I think is source of d problem?
Battery of my laptop spoilt nd when nepa took light while system is on, d system imediately goes off without shutting it down. It continues like that for like 2 months. After 2 mths, it began to show d blue screen nd now d black screen nd when it at times began to boot without black screen nd am able to get it to safe mode, it suddenly pop into d blue screen.
PLS HELP ME!!

Check if you are using the latest hardware drivers, especially the chipset and video drivers.
Older drivers are a common contributor to BSoD issues.

You can visit the laptop manufacturer's website to verify you have the latest drivers
and help keep all your drivers up-to-date. If you're comfortable with driver installations,
you can individually find and install current drivers on that same website.

If you have installed any software drivers, we may be able to turn the clock
back to when it was working okay.
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by onegig(m): 6:26pm On Dec 23, 2013
mcdokwe: a dvd drive-like casement where you insert an external hard disk, take away d original dvd drive, insert the caddy in its place and have two physical hdd installed on you lappy
ok. thanks for that.

How's biz?
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by Raymondfayowole(m): 8:00pm On Dec 23, 2013
Røtten_egg: try reinstalling the yellow stuff with 100 tools driver....

deji2009:

I acknowledged my colleague advice and would ask you to go back to
device manager, right click on the yellow signs, properties and
tell us what the error code is. What make and model is the computer ?
mine is a toshiba P300-20H Windows Vista and Windows 7 Dual boot. if yours is dual
boot, please specify.

Tnks for ur response M usin hp pentium M it is nt dual boot.

If i wnt 2 update d hardware it say The wizard could nt find a better match for your hardware than the software you currently have installed. But if i check the general status of the driver it says Windows cannot load the device for this hardware. The driver may be corrupted or missing (code 39).
Tnks guys.

(1) (2) (3) ... (383) (384) (385) (386) (387) (388) (389) ... (1224) (Reply)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 48
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.