Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,162,656 members, 7,851,251 topics. Date: Wednesday, 05 June 2024 at 03:50 PM

Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. - Computers (53) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Computers / Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. (1284529 Views)

22 Essentials To Consider Before Buying A Laptop/computer PC/MAC / Post Your Imac, Macbook And Macbook Pro Problems Here. / Post Your Laptop Problems Here For Free Advice. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (50) (51) (52) (53) (54) (55) (56) ... (1224) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by Tolulop001(f): 11:56pm On May 26, 2010
stag:

how i hate sony vaio vgn~. fine looking things as they come. had some problems with mine, battled with it and eventually had to scrap it! they are a waste once they start with problems, and sure they'll start with one. what's worse, parts r so rare u get pissed off  angry

not discouraging u, but my experience really pissed me off. even almighty OTIGBA couldn't solve its problem  shocked

omo, u have discouraged me! i cant say i dont know, thot i had issues with my power pack, searched the whole of computer village, waka die! no parts. turned out it was fine afterall, thank God.

deji2009:

Dear Tolulope,

Thank you for the above enquiry. Here's your diagnostics.

Click start > all programmes >accessories > system tools >

system restore > click continue > select a date before the

problem first started. e.g. going back 4 days if no date are

available then click show system restore holder than 5 days and
follow on screen instructions and give us feedback.

Good luck

thanks so much smiley
i actually did that already, only thing is that i use tune up facilities religiously and i delete all my restore points(except the last one)
i went to the oldest one thru the above method but i think even the oldest one is AFTER the problem.
i first noticed it about a month ago, plus it pops up intermittently, 3 times now
right now everything is working fine, but im crazy scared cry cry cry
my plan was to back up, and then format, ad use the opportunity to upgrade to Windows 7
pls whats ur expert advice?
thanks
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by textmypage(m): 5:25am On May 27, 2010
@all, where can i get a bulk mailing software that works with TOR?i want to learn how to build a bulk mailer, can any one teach me?
TOR is fast and blazing.
A new Browsing software is out. The name is Hopster. Go to 4shared to download it.
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by textmypage(m): 6:10am On May 27, 2010
WHEN I BOUGHT MY LAPTOP, IT WAS A FAIRLY USED WIRELESS LAPTOP BUT AFTER IT WAS FORMATTED AND PARTIONED, THE WIRELESS IS NO LONGER PRESENT THERE, EVEN IF I TRY TO ON THE WIRELESS USING THE DESIGNATED BUTTON TO SWITCH IT ON.I NEED HELP ON WHAT TO DO.
MY CDROM DOES NOT WRITE CD ALSO.AND ALL THESE PROBLEM STARTED WHEN IT WAS FORMATTED.WHAT SHOULD I DO OR HOW SHOULD I FIX THESE PROBLEMS.
MY WIRELESS DISAPPEARS, IT SEEMS MY WIRELESS DRIVER NO LONGER WORKS AGAIN.WHAT DO I DO?
I USE COMPAQ NC 6000
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by 1stknight(m): 6:51am On May 27, 2010
Som1 plz hlp, I'm running my toshiba satellite l10 under win xp os, evrytin was workin fyn till 2day, wen i switchd it on, it'll bring out a blue screen and restat immediately witout even avin a chance 2 read wats written on d blue screen.
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by textmypage(m): 7:41am On May 27, 2010
for those installing games and other phone apps on your pc, you need to have a java runtime installed in your system.the version should be from 1.2 or above. because the most commnest is ver1.18
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by xtremeidea(m): 11:08am On May 27, 2010
HI EVERYONE,

PLEASE CAN SOMEONE TELL ME HOW MUCH I CAN GET A 2GB DDR2 LAPTOP RAM IN COMPUTER VILLA OR DOES ANY ONE HAVE FOR RESALE, AM INTERESTED.

PLS HELP THANX
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by Nobody: 12:03pm On May 27, 2010
1stknight:

Som1 plz hlp, I'm running my toshiba satellite l10 under win xp os, evrytin was workin fyn till 2day, wen i switchd it on, it'll bring out a blue screen and restat immediately witout even avin a chance 2 read wats written on d blue screen.

1. get the installation media that is a windows xp operating system disk preferably the one used to install the system
2. insert the cd-rom and reboot your system
3. on reboot tap key F8 or DEL until the setup comes up
4. on boot options enable the system to boot from the cd-rom
when setup start loading files press the R button for recovery
then follow on screen instructions to recover your system

hope this helps.
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by Nobody: 12:09pm On May 27, 2010
textmypage:

WHEN I BOUGHT MY LAPTOP, IT WAS A FAIRLY USED WIRELESS LAPTOP BUT AFTER IT WAS FORMATTED AND PARTIONED, THE WIRELESS IS NO LONGER PRESENT THERE, EVEN IF I TRY TO ON THE WIRELESS USING THE DESIGNATED BUTTON TO SWITCH IT ON.I NEED HELP ON WHAT TO DO.
MY CDROM DOES NOT WRITE CD ALSO.AND ALL THESE PROBLEM STARTED WHEN IT WAS FORMATTED.WHAT SHOULD I DO OR HOW SHOULD I FIX THESE PROBLEMS.
MY WIRELESS DISAPPEARS, IT SEEMS MY WIRELESS DRIVER NO LONGER WORKS AGAIN.WHAT DO I DO?
I USE COMPAQ NC 6000

1. did you change the operating system?
if you did just get the drivers for your wireless device
or look for and buy Cobra driver pack 2010
insert cd and let it detect uninstalled hardware
it should install it automatically upon detection

2. if you did not change your operating system
then tell us which programe you used to partition it
what is the make of your operating system
what type of wireless adapter do you have

to know your wireless adapter
make sure your wireless card is switched on
then rightclick on my computer and click manage
click on device manager
look for any hardware that has a yellow mark or indicated as unknown
but if it is indicated as disabled then just enable it and see if that resolves it

have a nice day
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by deji2009(m): 1:57pm On May 27, 2010
1stknight:

Som1 plz hlp,  I'm running my toshiba satellite l10 under win xp os, evrytin was workin fyn till 2day, wen i switchd it on, it'll bring out a blue screen and restat immediately witout even avin a chance 2 read wats written on d blue screen.

Dear 1stknight,

Thank you for your recent enquiry and I referenced to [b]Kingsleyinf[/b]o advice
First, we need to know what's causing the error message and then fight it.

Here's your diagnostics in narrowing down the cause. Disconnect anything attach
to your laptop e.g. usb devices except the charger and restart your computer, repeatedly

pressing f8 advance option > select disable automatic restart on system failure, doing this will
enable you to see and feed us back what the message is. F8 again and select safe mode see if you can
get to safe mode without the blue screen. Good luck
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by deji2009(m): 2:20pm On May 27, 2010
textmypage:

I USE COMPAQ NC 6000

Dear Textmypage,

Thank you for the above enquiry and do appreciate your explanations. On your next reply please specify operating
system type. A fellow colleague Kingsleyinfo has advice you to check device manager in making sure the drivers
are installed and no conflict such as ? or ! sign. please follow Kingsleyinfo advice before attempting the below

Have had a look at compaq website and their advice was to update to a better bios. Here's the link

Precaution !

This package creates files that contain the HPQFlash utility and a binary image of the System BIOS (ROM) for notebook models with a
68BDD Family ROM. The HPQFlash utility is used to locally flash the System BIOS on PCs operating in a Microsoft Windows Operating

System environment. NOTE: To determine the ROM family and ROM date, press F10 on the target notebook during startup to run the Setup Utility, and then view File/System Information. after matching the correct bios follow on screen instructions. make sure charger is plugged in before downloading and disconnect anything else such as usb sticks and printer etc,

www2.hp.com/bizsupport/TechSupport/SoftwareDescription.jsp?lang=en&cc=us&prodTypeId=321957&prodSeriesId=367367&prodNameId=367369&swEnvOID=1093&swLang=8&mode=2&taskId=135&swItem=ob-51273-1">http://h20000.www2.hp.com/bizsupport/TechSupport/SoftwareDescription.jsp?lang=en&cc=us&prodTypeId=321957&prodSeriesId=367367&prodNameId=367369&swEnvOID=1093&swLang=8&mode=2&taskId=135&swItem=ob-51273-1

On getting on the HP website click on enhancement so you're aware of the changes this will make in solving this issue

Regarding your cd drive Here's microsoft advice on what to do. http://support.microsoft.com/gp/cd_dvd_drive_problems

Good luck
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by nearest(m): 4:25pm On May 27, 2010
@ deji2009
my desktop don't power on. I removed the power pack and connected it to power source and read the output from the various output cords no voltage, is there anything i can do inside the power pack? Please i'm counting on you for this.
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by deji2009(m): 4:43pm On May 27, 2010
nearest:

@ deji2009
my desktop don't power on. I removed the power pack and connected it to power source and read the output from the various output cords no voltage, is there anything i can do inside the power pack? Please i'm counting on you for this.

Dear Nearest,

I don't recommend taking or opening your power supply unit. This best left to a professional.

Here's your diagnostics. disconnect anything attached such as usb sticks, printers, cables, power lead etc

hold the pc power button down for 20 seconds make sure current is turn off on the wall then connect the lead and switch power on the wall then try to power up the pc. if no joy have you had a power cut recently ?

Can you spell any burnt from the computer ? o, swap test the power cable with a different one then test
30% of the time it will be the fuse inside the power cable that need changing to verify this swap test the power lead

Good luck
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by Tolulop001(f): 5:02pm On May 27, 2010
hi deji
still waiting, sad sad sad
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by Kaybaba5(m): 7:04pm On May 27, 2010
please i need the installer for this usb LAN ADAPTOR please somebody should help cos i dey remote area where it cant be found pls, somebody bought it for me from computer village but it si asking for installer on vista HAV SEARCHED NET BUT NOT FOUND U CAN UPLOAD IT TO ANYSITE THAT CAN TAKE FILES

Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by kevin96(m): 5:22am On May 28, 2010
Please guy i need your help.
How do i remove this windows genuine advantage menu that is always popping up anytime i start up my system.
I have tried deleting this files (WgaTray or WgaTray.exe) from system 32,but whenever i visit system32,i dont see them there.
But the GWA menu is still popping up,please help me Guys.
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by nearest(m): 9:28am On May 28, 2010
deji2009:

Dear Nearest,

I don't recommend taking or opening your power supply unit. This best left to a professional.

Here's your diagnostics. disconnect anything attached such as usb sticks, printers, cables, power lead etc

hold the pc power button down for 20 seconds make sure current is turn off on the wall then connect the lead and switch power on the wall then try to power up the pc. if no joy have you had a power cut recently ?

Can you spell any burnt from the computer ? o, swap test the power cable with a different one then test
30% of the time it will be the fuse inside the power cable that need changing to verify this swap test the power lead

Good luck
I used a meter to read the voltage and continuety of the power cord and its okay, i also used the power cord of the monitor and it didn't work.
Have you opened the power pack before? Is there a fuse inside? If there's nothing i can do about it i'd like to know the price of ATX power supply unit.
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by 1stknight(m): 11:39am On May 28, 2010
Kingsleyinfo:

1. get the installation media that is a windows xp operating system disk preferably the one used to install the system
2. insert the cd-rom and reboot your system
3. on reboot tap key F8 or DEL until the setup comes up
4. on boot options enable the system to boot from the cd-rom
when setup start loading files press the R button for recovery
then follow on screen instructions to recover your system

hope this helps.

thank you it helps, plz what shuld i do so dat d prblm won't happen again
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by 1stknight(m): 11:43am On May 28, 2010
deji2009:

Dear 1stknight,

Thank you for your recent enquiry and I referenced to [b]Kingsleyinf[/b]o advice
First, we need to know what's causing the error message and then fight it.

Here's your diagnostics in narrowing down the cause. Disconnect anything attach
to your laptop e.g. usb devices except the charger and restart your computer, repeatedly

pressing f8 advance option > select disable automatic restart on system failure, doing this will
enable you to see and feed us back what the message is. F8 again and select safe mode see if you can
get to safe mode without the blue screen. Good luck

tnk u, more grease 2 ur elbow
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by greener45: 12:28pm On May 28, 2010
MAGIC JACKS FOR SALE DIRECT US NUMBER CALL/RECEIVE/VOICE MAIL N25k EVERYONE!!!!!!

call 07042404349
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by deji2009(m): 5:09pm On May 28, 2010
1stknight:

tnk u, more grease 2 your elbow

Would you like to update me on what happened.

Thnks !
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by deji2009(m): 5:12pm On May 28, 2010
Tolulop001:

hi deji
still waiting, sad sad sad

Tolulop001:

omo, u have discouraged me! i cant say i dont know, thot i had issues with my power pack, searched the whole of computer village, waka die! no parts. turned out it was fine afterall, thank God.

thanks so much smiley
i actually did that already, only thing is that i use tune up facilities religiously and i delete all my restore points(except the last one)
i went to the oldest one thru the above method but i think even the oldest one is AFTER the problem.
i first noticed it about a month ago, plus it pops up intermittently, 3 times now
right now everything is working fine, but im crazy scared cry cry cry
my plan was to back up, and then format, ad use the opportunity to upgrade to Windows 7
pls whats your expert advice?
thanks

Dear Tolulope,

Windows 7 is a new operating system and a compatibility test needs to be run
in other to install it. Here's a link to run the test http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?FamilyID=1b544e90-7659-4bd9-9e51-2497c146af15&displaylang=en make sure to view
the compatibility test result so you can know which drivers needs searching for.

Good luck
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by deji2009(m): 5:19pm On May 28, 2010
nearest:

I used a meter to read the voltage and continuety of the power cord and its okay, i also used the power cord of the monitor and it didn't work.
Have you opened the power pack before? Is there a fuse inside? If there's nothing i can do about it i'd like to know the price of ATX power supply unit.

Ok provided you follow all the diagnostics, is unlikely is the power pack. however you can
go into a local computer shop and ask for power supply unit price.

Good luck
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by nearest(m): 7:46pm On May 28, 2010
deji2009:

Ok provided you follow all the diagnostics, is unlikely is the power pack. however you can

Good luck
Sorry for making my own conclusion, please i'll need you to guide me on what next to do, please.
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by textmypage(m): 9:20pm On May 28, 2010
Well, when I bought the laptop, it was windows xp 2008 operating system . I gave them the laptop to format and partition for me where I bought it.the present operating system is windows 2005. i have formatted the system several times.I tried the Bios site you give me, it does not work. I will try the Cobra driver pack 2010.One more thing my laptop cannot write cd.before when i insert a new cd, it use to prompt me if i want to write a cd but now it is not so.I changed the operating system that came with it and as stated above,the two problem i have with the laptop is the wireless not showing or disappearing and the laptop not able to write cd's. Execting your reply
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by Nobody: 10:18pm On May 28, 2010
Hi,
I've got a problem removing previous anti viruses in my laptop. I originally installed Kapersky and then NORTON internet security. Now i want to install a new one AVG and when i tried installing, it gave a message that i still have antivirus in my system. I followed the proper instructions for uninstalling but i still get an error message. Help, Thx.
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by willoy: 12:18am On May 29, 2010
Can someone help me with how to configure Huawei E160 modem for GLO 3G internet?
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by darlynton2050(m): 2:58am On May 29, 2010
mtn 3G rocks
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by shilohboy(m): 12:12pm On May 29, 2010
@darlynton: pls could u email me the config you are using on mtn 3G? send to shilohbobo@gmail.com
Thanks
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by deji2009(m): 1:14pm On May 29, 2010
switpea:

Hi,
I've got a problem removing previous anti viruses in my laptop. I originally installed Kapersky and then NORTON internet security. Now i want to install a new one AVG and when i tried installing, it gave a message that i still have antivirus in my system. I followed the proper instructions for uninstalling but i still get an error message. Help, Thx.

Dear switpea,

Thank you for the above enquiry and would like to remind you to always
mention operating system type so as to aid my fellow colleagues in providing
you technical support now or in the future. In addition it also speed up replies.

As you already know having one or more anti-virus programme on your computer
can cause system instabilities. to remove both anti-virus in preparation for AVG.

kaspersky

http://www.themisteriosos.com/completely-uninstall-kaspersky-anti-virus-and-kaspersky-internet-security-with-kavremover.htm

Norton will never remove all of it's components therefore you"ll need

http://service1.symantec.com/support/tsgeninfo.nsf/docid/2005033108162039

Good luck
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by nearest(m): 2:06pm On May 29, 2010
deji2009:

Good luck
Sorry for making my own conclusion, please i'll need you to guide me on what next to do, please.
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by deji2009(m): 2:22pm On May 29, 2010
nearest:

Dear nearest,

I'm not competent in repairing power supply unit however you
can swap test the unit with a different one. preferably take it to
a shop. Good luck
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by mtam(m): 5:25pm On May 29, 2010
Hi there i need help here with my HP Dv5
i gave out my lappy 2 a friend but got it returned during the rain so ii guess the rain might i gotten into it though i didn't c any evidence of that,
That night the lappy didn't come on but came on the following afternoon, It worked fine then but the problem was when i connect it to the power outlet the battery wasn't charging, the lappy was getting its power from the battery. What i noticed was that the battery got charged in another laptop so if keep the in a charged battery into the laptop it would come on but the lappy would not charge the battery.
I took it for a repair and was told it was the motherboard but when the guy coupled the system back, the lappy when plugged wld maintain the power in the battery but would not charge the battery, PLS could this problem be the motherboard or something else coz i don"t have the money for that now,

(1) (2) (3) ... (50) (51) (52) (53) (54) (55) (56) ... (1224) (Reply)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 74
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.