Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,469 members, 7,812,439 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 01:22 PM

Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. - Computers (57) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Computers / Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. (1264907 Views)

22 Essentials To Consider Before Buying A Laptop/computer PC/MAC / Post Your Imac, Macbook And Macbook Pro Problems Here. / Post Your Laptop Problems Here For Free Advice. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (54) (55) (56) (57) (58) (59) (60) ... (1222) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by omega25red(m): 4:04pm On Jun 08, 2010
1stknight:

Plz guyz i've bin usin my system 4 quite a lng tym nd twas ok, bt wen i tried 2 boot it dis afternoon, it tks a very long tym 2 boot, plz note dat i didn't change any setin or install any progrm
quite a few things you can do to maybe help this situation
1. check what is in your computers startup folder and remove non essencial things like skype, yahoo messanger etc
2 you can download a free registry cleaner cnet.com and clean your registry http://download.cnet.com/1770-20_4-0.html?query=free+registry+cleaner&searchtype=downloads&rpp=10&filter=licenseName=Free|platform=Windows,Webware&filterName=licenseName=Free|platform=Windows,Webware&tag=ltcol
3 you can by more Ram
4 when your computer boots up look at the bottom right hand corner of your screen you will see programs that start automatically you might want to change the settings for some of those
5 run an anti virus software
6 clean out old compressed files start - all programs - accesories - system tools - disk clean
7 do a disk defragment

if all these dont work, find a window and throw it out lol joking
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by sgj: 4:09pm On Jun 08, 2010
Guyz

Please I need a Windows 7 Ultimate (32bits) and SEP for my new HP laptop
Any idea where I can get this in Lagos @ a very affordable price (authentic media only)

Thx
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by Digriz(m): 12:49am On Jun 09, 2010
I need a help,I hv multiple registry errors on my system abt 263 of them,i tried fixing them wt registry optimizer i downloaded bt it only fixed 20 of them and requested for activation to finish the remaining ones. Pls is there software or anyother free reg.cleaner that cn solve ths.
NB i just reformated my system bt still noticed ths.
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by EEVICTOREE(m): 2:01am On Jun 09, 2010
omega25red:

Seems like your battery is no longer holding on to its charge for a long time which would be the reason for the sound and sudden power off symptom. As far as over heating is concerned you should take precautions like not putting the computer on your bed or soft fluffy surfaces you should try to use a table or something hard so the vents are not blocked. I suggest looking into a new battery.

The battery is okay, I dont know wat happen, i fix all the system problem at HP support centre on the system and the system is back to is normal self,

I watched the battery stand by @ 5%, Thanks,
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by sisqology(m): 4:04pm On Jun 09, 2010
Hp dv9000 wont boot up, keypad lights r on and d fan is makin sounds, any solution? Screen isnt displayin between and if i leave that way for sum minits,it reboots
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by omega25red(m): 4:34pm On Jun 09, 2010
Digriz:

I need a help,I hv multiple registry errors on my system abt 263 of them,i tried fixing them wt registry optimizer i downloaded bt it only fixed 20 of them and requested for activation to finish the remaining ones. Pls is there software or anyother free reg.cleaner that cn solve ths.
look at the post right above you with the link
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by danlami11: 7:16pm On Jun 09, 2010
Please, i need activation key for lcg jukebox on my symbian phone.
i will be very glad if anyone could help me out.
thanks to you and god bless u real good!
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by 1stknight(m): 10:08pm On Jun 09, 2010
quite a few things you can do to maybe help this situation
1. check what is in your computers startup folder and remove non essencial things like skype, yahoo messanger etc
2 you can download a free registry cleaner cnet.com and clean your registry http://download.cnet.com/1770-20_4-0.html?query=free+registry+cleaner&searchtype=downloads&rpp=10&filter=licenseName=Free|platform=Windows,Webware&filterName=licenseName=Free|platform=Windows,Webware&tag=ltcol
3 you can by more Ram
4 when your computer boots up look at the bottom right hand corner of your screen you will see programs that start automatically you might want to change the settings for some of those
5 run an anti virus software
6 clean out old compressed files start - all programs - accesories - system tools - disk clean
7 do a disk defragment

if all these dont work, find a window and throw it out lol joking

tanks i'll try it
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by Sweetdoct247(m): 11:58pm On Jun 09, 2010
Good evening gurus, How are you all doing? I've got this problem with my lapii. Anytime I put it on, before it loads windows it starts making very loud and of course irritating toh toh toh sound it does that for about 1 minutes or longer and there after loads up windows normally. It's really embarassing cant even put on the laptop in class cos of the noise. I've already formatted and reinstalled windows but the problem still persists. I however noticed that if after putting it on if I start pressing F9 it will bring up a dark screen on which is written "load windows vista home premium" and below that "press F8 for more options" and I press enter on the former, it loads the windows without all the noise but normally before once i put it on it loads and I wouldn't have to do a thing until my user password is requested. The mouse also behaves funny at times since this problem started, it suddenly might stop clicking, the cursor still moves in response to my touch but on tapping as usual it does not execute unless I use the buttons below which is cumbersome. I dont know what to do again pls help me out. My exams are just starting and all my class note, practical materials are on the computer I cant afford not to use it now. Thanks for your anticipated support. System is HP G60, windows is vista home premium.
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by Knight1(m): 4:09pm On Jun 10, 2010
hi.
just got a toshiba and i removed (uninstalled) the trial mcafee security suite on it to be able to install Kapersky but the Kap is still seeing the mccafee on the system so my sys is so vulnerable now cos no Mc, no Kap. help pls!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by 1stknight(m): 10:45pm On Jun 10, 2010
som pls helpp me oo, i jst switched on my pc naw, 'nd i xplre 2 my computer 2 play a cd, 'nd i can't find dvd rw icon till naw. pls i didn't 2 any setting b4 den
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by Timsilver(m): 10:59am On Jun 11, 2010
Sweetdoct247:

Good evening gurus, How are you all doing? I've got this problem with my lapii. Anytime I put it on, before it loads windows it starts making very loud and of course irritating toh toh toh sound it does that for about 1 minutes or longer and there after loads up windows normally. It's really embarassing cant even put on the laptop in class cos of the noise. I've already formatted and reinstalled windows but the problem still persists. I however noticed that if after putting it on if I start pressing F9 it will bring up a dark screen on which is written "load windows vista home premium" and below that "press F8 for more options" and I press enter on the former, it loads the windows without all the noise but normally before once i put it on it loads and I wouldn't have to do a thing until my user password is requested. The mouse also behaves funny at times since this problem started, it suddenly might stop clicking, the cursor still moves in response to my touch but on tapping as usual it does not execute unless I use the buttons below which is cumbersome. I dont know what to do again pls help me out. My exams are just starting and all my class note, practical materials are on the computer I cant afford not to use it now. Thanks for your anticipated support. System is HP G60, windows is vista home premium.

i think your laptop must be having some kinda hardware problem and i guess its with either the keyboard, mouse or any other input device.

Digriz:

download this application.
http://download.cnet.com/Advanced-SystemCare-Free/3000-2086_4-10407614.html
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by 4llerbuntu(m): 12:32pm On Jun 11, 2010
Knight1:

hi.
just got a toshiba and i removed (uninstalled) the trial mcafee security suite on it to be able to install Kapersky but the Kap is still seeing the mccafee on the system so my sys is so vulnerable now cos no Mc, no Kap. help pls!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

download and run this program: http://download.mcafee.com/products/licensed/cust_support_patches/MCPR.exe
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by Knight1(m): 1:51pm On Jun 11, 2010
thanks 4llerbuntu. Just finished the clean up. grateful.
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by daniellle(f): 3:56pm On Jun 11, 2010
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by aboxphem: 5:35pm On Jun 11, 2010
Pls the webcam of my Laptop is no longer functionning, pls what can i do. Each time i want to on it it says No Video device detected. Pls computer men in the house should give me solvable idea to this problem. I'm Femi 08068045904 aboxphem @yahoo.com.
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by tayoast(m): 6:01pm On Jun 11, 2010
**sighs**
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by Sweetdoct247(m): 9:03pm On Jun 11, 2010
Timsilver:

i think your laptop must be having some kinda hardware problem and i guess its with either the keyboard, mouse or any other input device.
download this application.
http://download.cnet.com/Advanced-SystemCare-Free/3000-2086_4-10407614.html
so what do you think I should do next? The warranty period is still valid anyway but I've got no idea where I can take it to in Ibadan. Or should I just take it back to where I bought it?
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by EEVICTOREE(m): 10:10pm On Jun 11, 2010
Please help Ooo, My Hp Pavillion dv4 1000ea battery is not charging,

Has been plugged in for a whole day now,
This is wat i get below

Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by Digriz(m): 11:39pm On Jun 11, 2010
@timsilver
tnks a lot cos am getting a better result wt the stuff.
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by routik(m): 12:40am On Jun 12, 2010
Please help Ooo, My Hp Pavillion dv4 1000ea battery is not charging,

Has been plugged in for a whole day now,
This is wat i get below
when did you start noticing this?
did you use it on small generator (i pass my neighbor)?
have you tried charging it with another charger?
please your feedback is highly needed.
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by EEVICTOREE(m): 2:54am On Jun 12, 2010
collins465:

when did you start noticing this?
did you use it on small generator (i pass my neighbor)?
have you tried charging it with another charger?
please your feedback is highly needed.
On Friday (yesterday)

Yeah u use Small Tiger Gen, I know the problem is not the charger

I use the Gen with the Stabilizer, The battery use to act funny before this happen,

Please let me know the problem,
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by routik(m): 5:32am On Jun 12, 2010
On Friday (yesterday)

Yeah u use Small Tiger Gen, I know the problem is not the charger

I use the Gen with the Stabilizer, The battery use to act funny before this happen,

Please let me know the problem,
well, before i conclude whether the charger or the battery is bad, look for a friend or a fellow that uses the same charger that is working and charge your laptop with it, if it persist then the battery is bad for sure and needs to be replaced.
cheers.
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by adebayo111: 5:53am On Jun 12, 2010
please can someone help with this problem?

i was running window xp sp2 on my pc before i had problem with it. i decided to format the system and installed window xp pro sp3 and also installed the necessary drivers. But at the moment my pc speaker is not working.

Its a compaq p3
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by EEVICTOREE(m): 9:47am On Jun 12, 2010
collins465:

well, before i conclude whether the charger or the battery is bad, look for a friend or a fellow that uses the same charger that is working and charge your laptop with it, if it persist then the battery is bad for sure and needs to be replaced.
cheers.

If i replaced the battery, wont it get fault again?
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by zakibi: 12:24pm On Jun 12, 2010
pls I have a Youtube Downloader HD,but dont know how to use it.Pls help me.iyke4all@hotmail.com
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by omega25red(m): 2:00pm On Jun 12, 2010
adebayo111:

i was running window xp sp2 on my pc before i had problem with it. i decided to format the system and installed window xp pro sp3 and also installed the necessary drivers. But at the moment my pc speaker is not working.

Its a compaq p3
do a google search for compaq p3<-- drivers which should take you to the compaq website enter the model and name of your computer download the sound drivers install it restart and you should be good
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by skydancer: 3:42pm On Jun 12, 2010
zakibi:

pls I have a Youtube Downloader HD,but dont know how to use it.Pls help me.iyke4all@hotmail.com
It should have a user guide,
But by the way, Why don't you use Internet download manager, it has an add on that you can use to download videos on Firefox or IE
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by skydancer: 4:01pm On Jun 12, 2010
adebayo111:

Its a compaq p3

You have to download the speaker online,
check http://www.compaq.com/cpq-country/cpq_support.html and select your system model number or supply it here so I can give you the download links, Good luck!
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by darude(m): 11:41am On Jun 13, 2010
please Nairlanders,  can anyone in the house give me the key for Tuneup Utilities 2010?
I'll really appreciate any reply
thanks
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by routik(m): 4:11pm On Jun 13, 2010
If i replaced the battery, wont it get fault again?
that depends on your power source and laptop charger, make sure you have good stabilizer or power surge that will regulate your light properly and also make sure you are using the correct and original charger that is meant for your laptop.

cheers.

(1) (2) (3) ... (54) (55) (56) (57) (58) (59) (60) ... (1222) (Reply)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 50
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.