Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,210 members, 7,829,342 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 03:21 AM

Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. - Computers (54) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Computers / Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. (1274670 Views)

22 Essentials To Consider Before Buying A Laptop/computer PC/MAC / Post Your Imac, Macbook And Macbook Pro Problems Here. / Post Your Laptop Problems Here For Free Advice. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (51) (52) (53) (54) (55) (56) (57) ... (1223) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by nearest(m): 6:54pm On May 29, 2010
deji2009:

Dear nearest,

I'm not competent in repairing power supply unit however you
can swap test the unit with a different one. preferably take it to
a shop. Good luck
Thanks alot for your help, i'll open it up and see how it is, but then i'll look for a new one.
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by nedu2000(m): 10:52am On May 30, 2010
I installed a program in 2 my system,it worked normally but when i removed the CD it began asking me to insert it,thus refusing to run, please,is there anyway i could run the program without the use of the CD 'cause i when through every process(including inserting the CD key) in its installation.thank you
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by omega25red(m): 10:00pm On May 30, 2010
nedu2000:

I installed a program in 2 my system,it worked normally but when i removed the CD it began asking me to insert it,thus refusing to run, please,is there anyway i could run the program without the use of the CD 'cause i when through every process(including inserting the CD key) in its installation.thank you
why not copy the program into your hard drive so that you wouldn't have to insert a cd. Right click select open copy paste in hard drive
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by calabaman(m): 10:50pm On May 30, 2010
i passworded a document using my acer aspire 4720z encrypting application that came with d system and forgot the password.The system is running on a vista home premium operating system platform.The lappy is behaving funny and i will lyk 2format it,but the problem is that each tym i try to format it,it requests for the encrypting password b4 it continues.ANY SUGGESTIONS MA PIPO?<note i dont want 2 do a boot cd format,but want 2go thru the normal method of formating>.Thnks in advance
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by darlynton2050(m): 7:03am On May 31, 2010
Guys pls i downloaded a software but it's in .rar format.i'm having trouble installing it.pls help me out,
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by creamboy1: 9:09am On May 31, 2010
Pls i need someone to help me fix this problem. I upgraded from window vista to window7 on my dell studio xps 1640 and i installed the webcam center driver as well as webcam central but each time i'm trying to us my webcam i get this message "No suported webcam driver detected. Pls install the webcam driver using the dell resource CD and launch webcam driver again".

Pls i need someone to give me a solution. for me dell studio xps 1640.
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by deji2009(m): 10:01am On May 31, 2010
nedu2000:

Dear Nedu,

Thank you for the above enquiry. first thing we need to be sure of is what type of
installation disk are you using. e.g. XP or Vista disk. Is this a copy or original version.
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by deji2009(m): 10:10am On May 31, 2010
calabaman:

i passworded a document using my acer aspire 4720z encrypting application that came with d system and forgot the password.The system is running on a vista home premium operating system platform.The lappy is behaving funny and i will lyk 2format it,but the problem is that each tym i try to format it,it requests for the encrypting password b4 it continues.ANY SUGGESTIONS MA PIPO?<note i dont want 2 do a boot cd format,but want 2go thru the normal method of formating>.Thnks in advance

Dear Sir,

Thank you for the above enquiry and would like you to follow the below.

Make sure charger is connected as this takes 30-45 minutes to complete.

Turn off laptop , back on again, Hold down Alt and keep pressing F10 whilst
holding down ALT. should say Erecovery manager. alternative you can also

access it through windows by clicking start > all programmes and look acer
erecovery manager.

Good luck

Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by deji2009(m): 10:19am On May 31, 2010
creamboy1:

Pls i need someone to help me fix this problem. I upgraded from window vista to window7 on my dell studio xps 1640 and i installed the webcam center driver as well as webcam central but each time i'm trying to us my webcam i get this message "No suported webcam driver detected. Pls install the webcam driver using the dell resource CD and launch webcam driver again".

Dear Sir,

Thank you for your recent enquiry and do understand your frustrations. I have checked Dell website no drivers
were available for your webcam. Click start > run > type in c: then press enter and look folders such as windows, programme

files until you found anything that says drivers. if not visit http://download.cnet.com/CyberLink-YouCam/3000-2348_4-10764658.html
and follow on screen instructions. Good luck
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by Timsilver(m): 10:50am On May 31, 2010
creamboy1:

goto dell website and dowload ur drivers there i guess the drivers you installed are not compactible wit windows 7.
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by meetmuyiwa(m): 12:09pm On May 31, 2010
Please my laptop has been misbehaving for abour two weeks now. sometimes if im working and i just leave it for some minutes, b4 coming back it would be hanging, and nothing will work on it again (not even the task manager will come up). until i shut it down manually(by holding down the power button) and restart it. And some other times i may actually be working on it and everythis will just sieze. im tired of manually shutting down all the times (about 6 times in 1 hour), losing my unsaved document and having to open every web page or application im using over and over again. Im also afraid of the possible long term effect of constantly shutting down the system manually. any help or contribution will be appreciated. Its an HP Compaq Presario CQ61 with windows Vista basiic running on it
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by pipz(m): 12:52pm On May 31, 2010
My MTN modem which i have been using for sometime with Zain ( i changed the settings to zain 3G) suddenly starts giving me an error like this connection does not work with the default settings, i don't get this, is it that zain is having problems or the stack(modem) itself is having problems. Oya NL, make una help me out.
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by shoebird: 5:09pm On May 31, 2010
Hello Skydancer,please i need the setup for MTN 3G modem,i will be glad to get a good news from you real soon, here is my email:shoebird2009@yahoo.com.Thanks
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by hooged: 8:13pm On May 31, 2010
Hello pls i need help on my Acer AOA150 - 1447
Model number Zg5, i change from window xp to window vista, bt the VGA and the WEBCAM is not there anymore pls i need where to download dis software. The system is 150gig and 1gig ram.
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by falansa: 6:22am On Jun 01, 2010
Hello there, I bought a laptop Hp compaq 615 about 3months ago, due to power problem I went to charge it somewhere and later I discovered that the has broken and it doesn't display normally, pls how much will it cost me to repay (change) this screen and where will I get you for the repair.
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by falansa: 6:23am On Jun 01, 2010
Hello there, I bought a laptop Hp compaq 615 about 3months ago, due to power problem I went to charge it somewhere and later I discovered that the has broken and it doesn't display normally, pls how much will it cost me to repay (change) this screen and where will I get you for the repair.
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by falansa: 6:24am On Jun 01, 2010
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by falansa: 6:28am On Jun 01, 2010
Hello there, I bought a laptop Hp compaq 615 about 3months ago, due to power problem I went to charge it somewhere and later I discovered that the screen has broken and it doesn't display normally, pls how much will it cost me to repay (change) this screen and where will I get you for the repair.
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by hooged: 7:02am On Jun 01, 2010
hooged:

Hello pls i need help on my Acer AOA150 - 1447
Model number Zg5, i change from window xp to window vista, bt the VGA and the WEBCAM is not there anymore pls i need where to download dis software. The system is 150gig and 1gig ram.
pls house help oh
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by hooged: 8:34am On Jun 01, 2010
Link to download vga for acer zg5 window vista and webcam driver. Pls pls and pls
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by hooged: 10:43am On Jun 01, 2010
im still waiting for the gurus in the house my vga and webcam drivers for acer zg5 notebook
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by Timsilver(m): 4:47pm On Jun 01, 2010
hooged:

im still waiting for the gurus in the house my vga and webcam drivers for acer zg5 notebook

what is the manufacturer name of your VGA card and web cam.
falansa:

Hello there, I bought a laptop Hp compaq 615 about 3months ago, due to power problem I went to charge it somewhere and later I discovered that the screen has broken and it doesn't display normally, pls how much will it cost me to repay (change) this screen and where will I get you for the repair.
its not more than 12k to purchase the screen you can get it fixed in computer village ikeja.
pipz:

My MTN modem which i have been using for sometime with Zain ( i changed the settings to zain 3G) suddenly starts giving me an error like this connection does not work with the default settings, i don't get this, is it that zain is having problems or the stack(modem) itself is having problems. Oya NL, make una help me out.
chec ur connegtion settings well or better still upgrade ur modem.
Timsilver:

goto dell website and dowload your drivers there i guess the drivers you installed are not compactible wit windows 7.
i think the problem should either be from ur processor or your maybe your laptop fan is not functioning at optmal level which in turn is causing over heating of your processor this explains the hanging.
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by Timsilver(m): 5:26pm On Jun 01, 2010
meetmuyiwa:

Please my laptop has been misbehaving for abour two weeks now. sometimes if im working and i just leave it for some minutes, b4 coming back it would be hanging, and nothing will work on it again (not even the task manager will come up). until i shut it down manually(by holding down the power button) and restart it. And some other times i may actually be working on it and everythis will just sieze. im tired of manually shutting down all the times (about 6 times in 1 hour), losing my unsaved document and having to open every web page or application im using over and over again. Im also afraid of the possible long term effect of constantly shutting down the system manually. any help or contribution will be appreciated. Its an HP Compaq Presario CQ61 with windows Vista basiic running on it
The first possibility is that there is an error or fault in the Windows registry itself, and it is this system fault that is causing the frozen screen. This is the most likely cause.

The final and most serious possibility is that it is a virus in your machine that is causing the error. If this is the case, then download an anti virus but i guess u already have 1 so i suggest u download this app called (advance system care) to fix errors in ur pc first .
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by PStacks(m): 6:07pm On Jun 01, 2010
@Timsilver my connection settings is correct, hoe do i upgrade the modem, thanks
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by textmypage(m): 9:17pm On Jun 01, 2010
I posted here and i got a half reply.Please thread owner,answer me.I went there to go and download the cobra pack 2010 but in the site it has part 1 to part 16
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by slexy: 9:48pm On Jun 01, 2010
@skydancer. pls i av a system with dis config
operating system: Ms win XP professional(5.1, 2600)
system model: HP compaq dx2300 microtower
Bios: Phoenix- AwardBIOs v6.00PG
Processor: Intel(R)pentium(R) Dual CPU E2140 @ 1.60GHz (2 CPUs) and i dont av sound from the system, what can i do, i tried installing a sound driver but to no avail. can i upgrade the OS? also am connected to a wireless network and it is passworded.
pls Skydancer, can u give me ur number so dat i can give u a call
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by colymore(m): 11:03pm On Jun 01, 2010
i switched on my laptop today, after using it yesterday(perfectly working), but it wasn't dispalying anything, CAN SOMEONE PLEASE SUGGEST TO ME WAT I'M GONNA DO ABOUT IT, ASAP.
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by hooged: 6:42am On Jun 02, 2010
hello at all i format my acer zg5 notebook to window vista, now the vga and webcam is gone, pls where can i download the drivers , kindly reply me
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by lescey(m): 9:01am On Jun 02, 2010
how can i get my window vista ultimate activated. p;s help me ,
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by Nobody: 2:15pm On Jun 02, 2010
lescey:

how can i get my window vista ultimate activated. p;s help me ,
hello
goto www.4shared.com and download this software
windows activator
that shoul fix it.
hooged:

hello at all i format my acer zg5 notebook to window vista, now the vga and webcam is gone, pls where can i download the drivers , kindly reply me
check out acer website
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by hooged: 3:47pm On Jun 02, 2010
ive try so hard using acer dot com, but all effort end abbortive. anymore help, acer zg5 vga and webcam. thanks in anticipation,
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by emexi: 3:54pm On Jun 02, 2010
@all please i need help, i formatted my hp laptop from vista to xp, now there is no sound , what can i do to restore sound

(1) (2) (3) ... (51) (52) (53) (54) (55) (56) (57) ... (1223) (Reply)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 45
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.