Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,461 members, 7,830,292 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 07:17 PM

Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. - Computers (56) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Computers / Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. (1274942 Views)

22 Essentials To Consider Before Buying A Laptop/computer PC/MAC / Post Your Imac, Macbook And Macbook Pro Problems Here. / Post Your Laptop Problems Here For Free Advice. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (53) (54) (55) (56) (57) (58) (59) ... (1223) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by fergie201: 11:41am On Jun 05, 2010
pls how can i hav been unable to install skype in my system pls give me a link, and my yahoo messenger isnt working, help
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by TCDURU(m): 11:45am On Jun 05, 2010
I need help please. I've been trying to activate my Presario F700 (HP-Compaq) Laptop. Each time I run the Vista Activation Crack and restart it will display blue screen of dead with the error message: Error Trying to Write to a Read-Only Memory, uninstall any new hardware or software.
I thought the problem was from the drivers, but I installed all the drivers and still had the same problem repeated.
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by b0y(m): 1:21pm On Jun 05, 2010
Guys pls help i'm such a numpty, i changed the properties of some personal folders to HIDDEN and READ ONLY in my documents and annoyingly i don't know how to have them back.Please do i do? I'm confused :-(
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by hooged: 1:39pm On Jun 05, 2010
HELP HELP HELP i formatted my acer netbook AOA 150, vga and webcam is gone , i downloaded vga driverd and webcam but the webcam refuse to work while the vga is in good condition , pls what can i do to rectify this , webcam logo devaice manager show questions mark logo, some 1 should pls enlighten me on what to do.
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by TCDURU(m): 1:54pm On Jun 05, 2010
b0y:

Guys pls help i'm such a numpty, i changed the properties of some personal folders to HIDDEN and READ ONLY in my documents and annoyingly i don't know how to have them back.Please do i do? I'm confused :-(

@b0y
On Windows
Go to File Menu, click on Tools, then select Folder Options. On the Folder Options dialog select the View tab. Then check the Show Hidden Files and Folders. Click Ok.
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by Kaybaba5(m): 5:19pm On Jun 05, 2010
@hooged, hav answered you on phone section but this section will solve your problem, welcome
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by omega25red(m): 8:41pm On Jun 05, 2010
fergie201:

pls how can i hav been unable to install skype in my system pls give me a link, and my yahoo messenger isnt working, help
one thing i can think of is the fact that you dont have administrative rights on the computer you are trying to install the skype and yahoo messanger on. if you can, log in with the admin account and it should work.
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by omega25red(m): 8:44pm On Jun 05, 2010
TCDURU:

I need help please. I've been trying to activate my Presario F700 (HP-Compaq) Laptop. Each time I run the Vista Activation Crack and restart it will display blue screen of dead with the error message: Error Trying to Write to a Read-Only Memory, uninstall any new hardware or software.
I thought the problem was from the drivers, but I installed all the drivers and still had the same problem repeated.
when you say crack do you mean you are trying to install sofware that didn't come with your computer? if thats the case you will need to find someone who has more than one license with their software who would be willing to give you the activation key.
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by omega25red(m): 8:47pm On Jun 05, 2010
hooged:

HELP HELP HELP i formatted my acer netbook AOA 150, vga and webcam is gone , i downloaded vga driverd and webcam but the webcam refuse to work while the vga is in good condition , pls what can i do to rectify this , webcam logo devaice manager show questions mark logo, some 1 should pls enlighten me on what to do.
i thought you had aa acer zg5 which i gave you a link to on the previous page. From that same link you can navigate to other acer computer models and get the drivers you need you just have to be willing to search for it.
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by xtianh(m): 10:18pm On Jun 05, 2010
Please poster, i really drivers for my dell d600 series laptop. which i just formatted but since then is been difficult for me to get its network drivers and its VGA, i really need these drivers seriously, i would appreciate if u help me on these, my e-mail is xtianhuzman@yahoo.com, thanks bye waiting for ur helpful reply
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by phtomay(m): 2:12am On Jun 06, 2010
Pls help
I use hpCompaq nx6310 with windows xp sp2. Often times, when laptop is running on DC, the screen will suddenly go blank, i have to stand by and turn it on again for me to continue whatever I was doing. Note that this does not occur when am running on AC.
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by Ebuks: 12:45pm On Jun 06, 2010
Pls gurus. Am in trouble help me out.
My modem with mdel num:E170.
Imei:354483026497305.
It no longer brings networks. i've tried other modems they are working properly. But mine is just not workin. It will install but network wont be there. Pls help out.
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by chidyke77(m): 11:04pm On Jun 06, 2010
i need help wt my windows defender because it suddenly stop responding and was displaying turn off bt refuse to open its folder whenever i clicked on it. pls what might be the problem my gurus?.
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by Philcool(m): 10:25am On Jun 07, 2010
shocked Please my son's LG 15" CRT monitor just turned greenish-white and it is not very pleasant in the eyes. Is there any initial setting or config that I can embark on to salvage this situation please?
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by deji2009(m): 1:48pm On Jun 07, 2010
phtomay:

Pls help
I use hpCompaq nx6310 with windows xp sp2. Often times, when laptop is running on DC, the screen will suddenly go blank, i have to stand by and turn it on again for me to continue whatever I was doing. Note that this does not occur when am running on AC.

Dear Sir,

Thank you for the above enquiry and do appreciate your explanations. to aid us in providing
technical support please be clear next time. In other word, screen turn black when running on charger and dioesn't when runningon battery. is this what you meant or vice versa ?

If you see the little battery indicator on your task bar, right-click it and then click Adjust Power Properties. The Power Options Properties dialog box opens, power scheme and  plugged in and when on battery never or none then test. Please find picture below.

Good luck

Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by deji2009(m): 2:10pm On Jun 07, 2010
Philcool:

shocked Please my son's LG 15" CRT monitor just turned greenish-white and it is not very pleasant in the eyes. Is there any initial setting or config that I can embark on to salvage this situation please?

Dear Sir,

Thank you for your recent enquiry. could have a bad cable to the monitor
check the plugs that they are in properly then while the system is on
move the cable around a bit near the plugs first at the monitor then at the pc itself if the screen flickers to green and then normal maby red or blue this will confirm the cable is stuffed just get a new cable and all should be good/swap test the VGA cable. if that does not work let us know

Good luck

Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by deji2009(m): 2:17pm On Jun 07, 2010
chidyke77:

i need help wt my windows defender because it suddenly stop responding and was displaying turn off bt refuse to open its folder whenever i clicked on it. pls what might be the problem my gurus?.

Dear chidyke,

Thank you for the above. Is this XP or vista ?

Does it says windows defender has stop working ?

and windows is finding a slotions to the problem.

Do you have any security software installed ? e.g. AVG
norton, Avast. if you do, open it and look for scan so as to
rule your is not infected with a virus.

Good luck
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by deji2009(m): 2:24pm On Jun 07, 2010
Ebuks:

Pls gurus. Am in trouble help me out.
My modem with mdel num:E170.
Imei:354483026497305.
It no longer brings networks. i've tried other modems they are working properly. But mine is just not workin. It will install but network wont be there. Pls help out.

Dear Sir,

Thank you for the above. since you've rule the possibilities, it would be appropriate to
contact your internet service provider so as to advice you on what to do next.

Good luck
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by omoboy08(m): 4:19pm On Jun 07, 2010
Pls i need a product key for my expired vista home edition
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by chidyke77(m): 6:19pm On Jun 07, 2010
@deji2009,tnks for your attention.the laptop is vista and displays what you mentioned,it came wt norton bt am no longer using it and i then installed avast and later uninstalled it, bt right nw am using microsoft security bt i smtimes get to see some traces of the avast i hv already uninstalled and removed on my pc.
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by toluh(f): 8:14pm On Jun 07, 2010
pls i need serious help. firstly d font for ma system is always very 2 small or to big. secondly my yahoo messenger doesn't show sent messages, but it shows wen am typing
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by omega25red(m): 8:23pm On Jun 07, 2010
toluh:

pls i need serious help. firstly d font for ma system is always very 2 small or to big. secondly my yahoo messenger doesn't show sent messages, but it shows wen am typing
As far as your fonts you might need to change your resolution by right clicking the main screen and selectin properties if you are using xp choose settings and adjust your resolution to 1024 by 768 or something similar click apply and see if that looks better
or you can click on the "page" button at the top right of your internet browser screen choose text size and change it to medium it should be the sixth choice from the bottom. hope that helps

As far as your yahoo messanger is concerned uninstall it and re-download and install a new one. That should fix the error you are getting
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by youngestpr(m): 8:36pm On Jun 07, 2010
Urgent pls, i formatted my system and downloaded all the drivers to install. after doing this, i still did not have the 'sleep' activated on my system so i had to shut down all the time. and also any time i want to record with adobe audition, it gives me an error of sound card whatever, the audio of the system is working perfectly well so i dont think is the sound card or vga. pls nlanders, which driver works with sound card or what could have damaged the sound card.
my system is windows vista, presario f750us compaq 32 bit. Pls this is urgent
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by toluh(f): 8:39pm On Jun 07, 2010
am really nt 2 gud wit computers, so i dnt understnd the resolution stuff u r talking abt. and i use mozila as my browser. as 4 d messenger have uninstalled and installed 4 so many times
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by youngestpr(m): 8:50pm On Jun 07, 2010
i need help wiith my system battery. when the power goes off, the brightness does not go deem. which driver works for the battery. i am on power saver.
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by omega25red(m): 10:00pm On Jun 07, 2010
toluh:

am really nt 2 gud wit computers, so i dnt understnd the resolution stuff u r talking abt. and i use mozila as my browser. as 4 d messenger have uninstalled and installed 4 so many times
i typed what you are supposed to do step by step

well here goes again:
1.Right click on the main screen of your computer that is the screen with your icons
2. after you right click select properties
3. a new window pops up select "settings" from the different window options at the top of that window
4. from the new window that opens, the middle to your left you will see "screen resolution"
5. click and drag the button under the screen resolutin
6. As you drag it the number will change. try to set it to 1024 by 768
7. click apply and ok
8. if you dont like the new size or screen look repeat steps 1 to 7

Or since you use mozilla
open a new page and click view at the top next to edit. Scroll down to zoom and select zoom in or zoom out
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by 1stknight(m): 11:28pm On Jun 07, 2010
Plz guyz i've bin usin my system 4 quite a lng tym nd twas ok, bt wen i tried 2 boot it dis afternoon, it tks a very long tym 2 boot, plz note dat i didn't change any setin or install any progrm
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by EEVICTOREE(m): 1:23am On Jun 08, 2010
I really need help, The machine is driving go crazy,

Am using Hp Pavillion dv4 1000ea, It work well when the charger is plugged in,

But the charger is remove or when there is no light. It bring up a sound, and after 20-30mins it will go off suddenly, I now notice that the system goes off whenever it overheat. (the under will be really HOT!) Like OVen,

Can it be overheat , please i need help, The system just start acting funny since last week.

Ejo, e egba mi
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by moonraker(m): 5:55am On Jun 08, 2010
@ ££VICTOR££

You have a case of a very very bad motherboard or power supply, You might have to change those hardware which is equilvalent to buying

another computer, for the overheating part, i can only assume that the fan is not providing the required cooling. this could be as a result of

accumlation of dust in your system, you may need to open up yur system and clean it up,

@ 1stKnight

Recently installed software??
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by Philcool(m): 8:41am On Jun 08, 2010
deji2009:

Dear Sir,

Thank you for your recent enquiry. could have a bad cable to the monitor
check the plugs that they are in properly then while the system is on
move the cable around a bit near the plugs first at the monitor then at the pc itself if the screen flickers to green and then normal maby red or blue this will confirm the cable is stuffed just get a new cable and all should be good/swap test the VGA cable. if that does not work let us know

Good luck
Thank you Deji, I will do as you have advised and will definitely get back to you to give you update on how it went. Thanks again. _Phil
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by 1stknight(m): 10:28am On Jun 08, 2010
moonraker:

@ 1stKnight

Recently installed software??

noo
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by omega25red(m): 3:57pm On Jun 08, 2010
££VICTOR££:

I really need help, The machine is driving go crazy,
Am using Hp Pavillion dv4 1000ea, It work well when the charger is plugged in,
But the charger is remove or when there is no light. It bring up a sound, and after 20-30mins it will go off suddenly, I now notice that the system goes off whenever it overheat. (the under will be really HOT!) Like OVen,
Can it be overheat , please i need help, The system just start acting funny since last week.
Ejo, e egba mi
Seems like your battery is no longer holding on to its charge for a long time which would be the reason for the sound and sudden power off symptom. As far as over heating is concerned you should take precautions like not putting the computer on your bed or soft fluffy surfaces you should try to use a table or something hard so the vents are not blocked. I suggest looking into a new battery.

(1) (2) (3) ... (53) (54) (55) (56) (57) (58) (59) ... (1223) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 60
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.