Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,478 members, 7,830,408 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 09:32 PM

Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. - Computers (55) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Computers / Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. (1274980 Views)

22 Essentials To Consider Before Buying A Laptop/computer PC/MAC / Post Your Imac, Macbook And Macbook Pro Problems Here. / Post Your Laptop Problems Here For Free Advice. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (52) (53) (54) (55) (56) (57) (58) ... (1223) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by Timsilver(m): 4:40pm On Jun 02, 2010
P.Stacks:

@Timsilver my connection settings is correct, hoe do i upgrade the modem, thanks
what is the manufacturer name of your modem and also the model.

slexy:

@skydancer. pls i av a system with dis config
operating system: Ms win XP professional(5.1, 2600)
system model: HP compaq dx2300 microtower
Bios: Phoenix- AwardBIOs v6.00PG
Processor: Intel(R)pentium(R) Dual CPU E2140 @ 1.60GHz (2 CPUs) and i dont av sound from the system, what can i do, i tried installing a sound driver but to no avail. can i upgrade the OS? also am connected to a wireless network and it is passworded.
pls Skydancer, can u give me your number so dat i can give u a call

i use a similar pc goto this site to get your specific drivers. i do not think you need to upgrade your OS. i believe installing this driver will fix the sound issues. www2.hp.com/bizsupport/TechSupport/SoftwareIndex.jsp?lang=en&cc=us&prodNameId=3352968&prodTypeId=12454&prodSeriesId=3352967&swLang=13&taskId=135&swEnvOID=1093#113165">http://h20000.www2.hp.com/bizsupport/TechSupport/SoftwareIndex.jsp?lang=en&cc=us&prodNameId=3352968&prodTypeId=12454&prodSeriesId=3352967&swLang=13&taskId=135&swEnvOID=1093#113165

on the pasworded network connection just simply locate the owner and ask for the wep key grin

emexi:

@all please i need help, i formatted my hp laptop from vista to xp, now there is no sound , what can i do to restore sound

drop your laptop manufacturer name and model.
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by darequam(m): 6:47pm On Jun 02, 2010
I use an acer laptop, Crystal eye webcam aspire 5535
1) The first is dat av only used ma system for a year plus and now its battery in (2months) has changed its lifespan from 2hrs to 29min plus,
What could be d cause of this??
Thou I av a funny feeling its bcus I charge my phone with it usin usb cable
2)Even without watching film with ma dvd-drive, it still went quack, what could be the reason behind this
3)My lappy Camera has never worked b4, even when equiped with the right driver, is it possible it works when I format and install a nu OS on ma system
4)With all d above stated problems , av been managing my system, not untill recently, as I was using it, it went blanck and freezed. This was d first time this would happen, so I reset d system, reboot and went to windows again, only to find out dat was not the last, it kept doing this and wouldn't respond to any system command after the freezing.
I did all check and required repair do-able on the system, but it was to make no impact.

I was of the thought that this was an hardware problem, untill I went into safemode where the system posed no threats or indicate any blank freezing. This made me conclude its a software problem, so am on the verge of formating the system for d first time ever since its production, and putting windows 7 on it. The current window and follow come is vista,

Pls giv an advice on the issue, especially if u think its not a software related prob.
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by blackweaver(m): 8:50pm On Jun 02, 2010
you might want to do a system restore to a previous time first; if you still have the problem you could try restoring to an even earlier time or then again you could just format; i'm sure you prefer the thought of using win7, perhaps an upgrade instead of format and install will suffice
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by darequam(m): 11:04pm On Jun 02, 2010
No!! Pal, its not like am eager to use win7,infact my belive is dat if a system should come with a particular OS, then its the best for it. I cee no reason to format or upgrade if there r no probbs with it. About the system restore, I alraedy attemted it, but, to my suprise there was no restore point to go back to even when I know I created some back in d days. With dat, it looks more like a virus problem erassing my restore points.
That's a gud idea upgrading, instead of formatting and I think I ma try dat . But, for now I think I should try installing anoda anti V
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by emexi: 9:52am On Jun 03, 2010

@timsilver the product is compaq nx6310

Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by emexi: 9:55am On Jun 03, 2010
drop your laptop manufacturer name and model.[code][/code]

@timsilver , the computer is compaq nx6310
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by hooged: 1:46pm On Jun 03, 2010
Pls where can i download acer zg5 webcam and vga , im using acer zg5 intel atom 1gig and 150 hd.
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by pasco2: 1:59pm On Jun 03, 2010
my laptop is not been able to download videos and secondly booting sequence is damn slow. Help me out
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by squad1: 2:04pm On Jun 03, 2010
@ALL

Hi, im using a Sony Vaio. Anytime i try to on it, it doesn't boot but only gives a continuous loud sound for hours,
will be glad if i can get  a solution.
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by omega25red(m): 4:19pm On Jun 03, 2010
pasco2:

my laptop is not been able to download videos and secondly booting sequence is damn slow. Help me out
You might first want to check what is starting up when you turn your computer on i.e start --> all programs ---> start up (folder) if you see things that are not essential remove them from that folder.

Also depending on how much stuff i.e programs, games music and movies you have on the computer, you may have seriously fragmented your hard drive which would need to be deragmented start --> All programs --> accesories --> system tool --> defragment

you can also try to download a registry cleaner from cnet.com : http://download.cnet.com/1770-20_4-0.html?query=registry+cleaner&searchtype=downloads&filter=licenseName=Free|platform=Windows&filterName=licenseName=Free|platform=Windows&tag=ltcol

or you can buy more RAM, scan for viruses or malware or do an msconfig (forget this for now you dont want to touch that if you dont know much about computers)
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by omega25red(m): 4:31pm On Jun 03, 2010
squad1:

@ALL

Hi, im using a Sony Vaio. Anytime i try to on it, it doesn't boot but only gives a continuous loud sound for hours,
will be glad if i can get a solution.
well if you are getting loud sounds and no boot your hard drive might be damaged because it is not supposed to make loud sound assuming thats what you hear.

One thing to try is to pop an operating system disc in the computer and attempt a fresh install
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by hooged: 8:32pm On Jun 03, 2010
Omega25red pls answer my qeustion above , pls where can i download VGA and webcam for acer zg5 and vga pls help aint play games on my notebook , kindly hep me.
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by beewhyfocs(m): 10:40pm On Jun 03, 2010
Hello guys, I just found this thread and Im enjoying it.

A quick one please, I do have problem with my HP Pavilion dv9000. I use a window vista operating system.
I have used it for almost 2 years now and it just started having a start up problem. Each time I start,
it sometimes refuses to load the OS and would just stop midway like that, though sometimes it loads fully.
Each time it does that, I will long press on the start button to put it off and restart from the button again.
This could go on like 3 or 4 times before it eventually start up normally. I will like to know the cause of this effect and the possible solution.
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by Timsilver(m): 4:28am On Jun 04, 2010
emexi:

@timsilver the product is compaq nx6310

you gan get all ur laptop speciic driverd here.
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by textmypage(m): 12:44pm On Jun 04, 2010
@omega25red,still waiing for my reply or answer
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by skydancer: 2:11pm On Jun 04, 2010
@All: I'm so sorry, have been busy on so many projects.
@textmypage: Sorry, I dont understand your problem well. Please can you restate it?

@pasco: Have you tried Timsilver's reply? Did it work?

@slexi: You can download the driver online if you have internet connectivity. Just be careful to make sure you do it from the support website or you might download a beautiful trojan on your pc. What do you mean wireless network is passworded? I can't just tell you how to get a network password. My number is 07066078155 or 08182417610. Goodluck!

@colymore: Your laptop should be working now right? Might just be a 'dry bios' problem. Have you tried removing the battery and putting it back again? Did your laptop fall to the ground? More details. .
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by obataala(m): 3:47pm On Jun 04, 2010
this has not been replied to;
Good morning to all N landers. @gurus in da house,what can make the SPACE BAR,ENTER &BACK SPACE keys to be inactive, What can be done abt it?. Also what make of anti_virus that offers web protection can i dwload for free.pls include dwload link in your reply. And where can i dwload compatible driver for scan jet ADF7076A scanner with its dwload link. Thanks
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by skydancer: 4:20pm On Jun 04, 2010
obataala:

this has not been replied to;
Good morning to all N landers. @gurus in da house,what can make the SPACE BAR,ENTER &BACK SPACE keys to be inactive, What can be done abt it?. Also what make of anti_virus that offers web protection can i dwload for free.pls include dwload link in your reply. And where can i dwload compatible driver for scan jet ADF7076A scanner with its dwload link. Thanks
1. A funny malware could hook those keys (for which you will have to use an antivirus or give me a screenshot of the running processes on your pc
2. 'Impurities' such as sand could be lying under the keys (for which you should simply bend your keyboard and hit it from the back)

Free antivirus that offers web protection huh? The best full free antivirus I know about is ClamWin, there might be others too. ,
here's the link: http://www.softpedia.com/get/Antivirus/ClamWin-Free-Antivirus.shtml

What do you mean by ADF7076A? anyway, you will find HP scan jet drivers here. Just select the one you are looking for from the list:
www2.hp.com/bizsupport/TechSupport/Product.jsp?prodTypeId=15179&prodCatId=82624">http://h20000.www2.hp.com/bizsupport/TechSupport/Product.jsp?prodTypeId=15179&prodCatId=82624
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by hooged: 4:47pm On Jun 04, 2010
@skydancer pls help , how can i get my vga and webcam fixed, i formatted my acer notebook frm window xp to window vista, all effort to download ends abbortive, pls and kindly help. acer zg5 150HD and 1 gig ram , intel atom pls help.
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by hooged: 4:53pm On Jun 04, 2010
i need to get this vga fixed,i need to play games on my notebook.
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by omega25red(m): 5:10pm On Jun 04, 2010
hooged:

i need to get this vga fixed,i need to play games on my notebook.
hey buddy sorry for th late answer but go here

http://www.acer.co.za/acer/service.do?LanguageISOCtxParam=en&miu10einu24.current.attN2B2F2EEF=3749&sp=page15e&ctx2.c2att1=23&miu10ekcond13.attN2B2F2EEF=3749&CountryISOCtxParam=ZA&ctx1.att21k=1&CRC=240214786

you will have to do the search your self because i dont know which operating system you are running or if your computer is an aspire or if it just has zg5 or some number before the zg but check that link

good luck
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by omega25red(m): 5:11pm On Jun 04, 2010
textmypage:

@omega25red,still waiing for my reply or answer
im sorry but what was your question again? i probably should read back i'll be right back
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by honeric01(m): 6:08pm On Jun 04, 2010
Guys please which laptop brand is the most used in Nigeria? HP or DELL? and which model do you think it the most used out of these 2? i need the info for something urgent, make una help oo.

As for me i use Dell 1545 and i have 2 batteries for it, one last for 4 hours and the other last for more than 2 hours, what about yours?

If you're in Lagos or anywhere in Nigeria, please let me know the brand and model of the laptop you use.

Thanks
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by textmypage(m): 6:32pm On Jun 04, 2010
i said i bought a laptop (HP Compaq NC6000 Notebook)which was wireless and now the blue LED no longer shows and it seems that the wireless is disable and there is no place for enabling the wireless device and the LED button used to switch on the wireless does not work.
And you both asked me to download cobra pack driver 2010.I went to 4shared and behold the file was there but there are many files there so i decided to download the part16 which is about 96mb but it keeps stopping,
And you told me to tell you exactly the model type and name of my laptop so i posted it here but i did not hear from you again.
Secondly,i use a sky dude webcam and when i am online, it does not broadcast where can i download or get the drivers.i really need it cos i bought it since last and had not used it.it is really frustrating.
Please provide a solution for me cos i kinda tired.
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by hooged: 8:40pm On Jun 04, 2010
Textmypage thanks thank and thanks i really appreciate ur comment ,2thanks again, but i foRrnated my netbook to vista ,but when i check that acer webpage aint C any drivers for vista and window 7 its only window xp thats available , pls advice me should i change back to window xp or i should download that xp drivers and run it ,, im waiting for ur response , thanks again for the link. MAY JAH ALMIGHTY GRAN UR REQUEST
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by nearest(m): 10:33pm On Jun 04, 2010
Please guys, i need a quick fix, my usb ports just stopped working, i checked device manager and there's this yellow danger sign, i can't remember how to restore it.
Please help Oga deji and any other person.
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by beewhyfocs(m): 10:44pm On Jun 04, 2010
Guyz please help attend to this.

beewhyfocs:

A quick one please, I do have problem with my HP Pavilion dv9000. I use a window vista operating system.
I have used it for almost 2 years now and it just started having a start up problem. Each time I start,
it sometimes refuses to load the OS and would just stop midway like that, though sometimes it loads fully.
Each time it does that, I will long press on the start button to put it off and restart from the button again.
This could go on like 3 or 4 times before it eventually start up normally. I will like to know the cause of this effect and the possible solution.
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by textmypage(m): 11:07pm On Jun 04, 2010
@nearest, UPDATE THE DEVICE OR THE ONE WITH A YELLOW DANDER SIGN suing a driver or download the driver or use a dc.all you need to do is to right-click on the yellow icon and select update then you are go to go.Follow the instructions in your screen religiously
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by deji2009(m): 11:31pm On Jun 04, 2010
textmypage:

i said i bought a laptop (HP Compaq NC6000 Notebook)which was wireless and now the blue LED no longer shows and it seems that the wireless is disable and there is no place for enabling the wireless device and the LED button used to switch on the wireless does not work.
And you both asked me to download cobra pack driver 2010.I went to 4shared and behold the file was there but there are many files there so i decided to download the part16 which is about 96mb but it keeps stopping,
And you told me to tell you exactly the model type and name of my laptop so i posted it here but i did not hear from you again.
Secondly,i use a sky dude webcam and when i am online, it does not broadcast where can i download or get the drivers.i really need it cos i bought it since last and had not used it.it is really frustrating.
Please provide a solution for me cos i kinda tired.

Dear Sir,
Thank you for your recent enquiry and believe we've already dealt with this. due to other
user's asking for support would like you to always provide an update so as to get further
technical support. in additon I and my colleagues can only provide 1st line diagnostics in
ruling out whether a machine is related to a hardware or software problem. In your own case
your laptop has built in wifi card. Please find link below on how to activate this. Looking at
your record seems you can find your way round a computer, ok get to device manager to verify if
there's an ? or ! sign if it is let's us know or uninstall and restart for changes to take effect.

To enable this switch please take time to read the below

www1.hp.com/products/quickspecs/11794_na/11794_na.html">http://h18000.www1.hp.com/products/quickspecs/11794_na/11794_na.html

Good luck
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by deji2009(m): 11:49pm On Jun 04, 2010
nearest:

Please guys, i need a quick fix, my usb ports just stopped working, i checked device manager and there's this yellow danger sign, i can't remember how to restore it.
Please help Oga deji and any other person.

Dear Sir,

I like you to visit device manager and right click on the ? or ! sign.
Click properties and a box will appear with code 10 or 28 etc.
Knowing this code and your operating system type e.g. XP or Vista
will enable us to troubleshoot the problem.Common Reasons e.g.
IRQ not properly assign due to driver or signature issue.

Do not connect any USB device at this point until we know the code.

Good luck and thanks for enquiring
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by deji2009(m): 12:05am On Jun 05, 2010
beewhyfocs:

Dear Sir,

I read this and understand why you're having this problems. The solution is to buy another computer.
to find out why visit http://www.mycheaplaptop.net/2009/03/never-buy-hp-laptop/

Nvidia sticker should be on your laptop on your right or left. This applies to all DV series

Good luck
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by nearest(m): 10:59am On Jun 05, 2010
deji2009:

Dear Sir,

I like you to visit device manager and right click on the ? or ! sign.
Click properties and a box will appear with code 10 or 28 etc.
Knowing this code and your operating system type e.g. XP or Vista
will enable us to troubleshoot the problem.Common Reasons e.g.
IRQ not properly assign due to driver or signature issue.

Do not connect any USB device at this point until we know the code.

Good luck and thanks for enquiring

textmypage:

@nearest, UPDATE THE DEVICE OR THE ONE WITH A YELLOW DANDER SIGN suing a driver or download the driver or use a dc.all you need to do is to right-click on the yellow icon and select update then you are go to go.Follow the instructions in your screen religiously

problem solved guys, i updated the driver and restarted the system, they are now working, thanks guys.

(1) (2) (3) ... (52) (53) (54) (55) (56) (57) (58) ... (1223) (Reply)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 84
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.