Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,146 members, 7,811,235 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 07:17 AM

Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. - Computers (940) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Computers / Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. (1264317 Views)

22 Essentials To Consider Before Buying A Laptop/computer PC/MAC / Post Your Imac, Macbook And Macbook Pro Problems Here. / Post Your Laptop Problems Here For Free Advice. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (937) (938) (939) (940) (941) (942) (943) ... (1222) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by udemzyudex(m): 7:27pm On Aug 22, 2018
popless:
Help engineers in the house. My HP elite book 2530p turn on and off in seconds repeatedly...

Fault either from

1. Corrupt ME region
2. Standby section not working properly
3. Dc/Dc section is bad

You can't solve this unless you're a certified engineer with the right tools.

I'll Advice you take it to an engineer for diagnosis.
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by Gemc3(f): 10:06pm On Aug 22, 2018
Gemc3:
My people, Please help a sister. My new HP Laptop was sent to an engineer after it kept displaying the blue screen of death. The Hard drive was changed. It was on Windows 7 before. I got it back and immediately i got it, it displayed this

your PC ran into a problem and needs to restart. we'll restart for you.
If you'd like to know more, you can search online for this error: KERNEL_SECURITY_CHECK_FAILURE

It came on. I saw Windows 10 was installed for me. After some time, same error message comes up and this time, it's in a loop. It tries to restart, and then doesn't. It just repeats the same nonsense over and over again. I can not even enter windows again sef. I checked the memory, it was OK, but when I checked the drive (I cant remember what I checked again. It's drive i think. I was kinda in a hurry) they said (1 fault) I hope this doesn't mean the hard drive is bad too. I'm sending it back but i just want to know if there is any thing I can do. If it can be any other thing other than a faulty hard drive.

Thank you.
I have decided to send it back. This is the error message I got when I ran a check. Error 303 and error 305

Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by udemzyudex(m): 10:56pm On Aug 22, 2018
Gemc3:

I have decided to send it back. This is the error message I got when I ran a check. Error 303 and error 305

Good, send it back to him and show him the pic,tell him to do a software test on the HDD and health must be 100%.
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by Lumeday(m): 11:37pm On Aug 22, 2018
OP or anybody, kindly help with Windows 8.1 pro activation key or method. Tried several keys and methods I found on the internet but none seem to work. Pleeeeeeease
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by Hozil92(m): 7:28am On Aug 23, 2018
Please help, I lent someone my hp pavillion g6 only for the person to return it spoilt. Took it to my engineer and I was told its the motherboard. Pls what should I do?
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by polimaf(m): 7:32am On Aug 23, 2018
Lumeday:
OP or anybody, kindly help with Windows 8.1 pro activation key or method. Tried several keys and methods I found on the internet but none seem to work. Pleeeeeeease
It will keep going back to windows activated... Just use internet and update
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by polimaf(m): 7:32am On Aug 23, 2018
Hozil92:
Please help, I lent someone my hp pavillion g6 only for the person to return it spoilt. Took it to my engineer and I was told its the motherboard. Pls what should I do?
Its to change it sir... How much your engineer billed you?
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by Lumeday(m): 7:41am On Aug 23, 2018
polimaf:
It will keep going back to windows activated... Just use internet and update
Tried using that but I keep getting 'windows not activated' response.
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by LethargiQue: 8:05am On Aug 23, 2018
cheesy

Good morning udemzyudex, I followed your advice and my PC looks okay now..

But in the process of installing drivers with drivers pack..

IDT audio, Webcam, and Elan SmBus drivers all showed installation error.

My speaker isn't loud enough.
Webcam is connected and I can see flashes of camera images for a moment but it doesn't work properly.

Please how do I go about updating these drivers so I don't go back to the multiple driver issues again..
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by polimaf(m): 8:15am On Aug 23, 2018
Lumeday:

Tried using that but I keep getting 'windows not activated' response.
Thats why I had t downgrade to windows 7, both 8 and 10 keeps frustrating me with update issue and windows activated matter
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by polimaf(m): 8:16am On Aug 23, 2018
Why not use another driver pack? maybe 16
LethargiQue:
cheesy

Webcam is connected and I can see flashes of camera images for a moment but it doesn't work properly.

Please how do I go about updating these drivers so I don't go back to the multiple driver issues again..

1 Like

Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by udemzyudex(m): 8:25am On Aug 23, 2018
LethargiQue:
cheesy

Uninstall the IDT, webcam and connect your laptop to the Internet and install just that two.

One thing about drivers is, you can't install all of them on your laptop, if you install all it will end up making your laptop misbehave you just have to select the important once, in fact some device don't need drivers to work properly, like your webcam it doesn't need any driver..

The best way to do this is use expert settings. And select the ones you want manually.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by Lumeday(m): 8:25am On Aug 23, 2018
polimaf:
Thats why I had t downgrade to windows 7, both 8 and 10 keeps frustrating me with update issue and windows activated matter
Thanks man
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by Hozil92(m): 9:44am On Aug 23, 2018
polimaf:
Its to change it sir... How much your engineer billed you?
30K. He advised me to get another system. But is there any way I can swap, add money and obtain another one?
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by udemzyudex(m): 10:52am On Aug 23, 2018
Hozil92:
30K. He advised me to get another system. But is there any way I can swap, add money and obtain another one?

Is it a new motherboard?

BTW, what exactly happened to the motherboard and what did he say after his diagnosis?
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by Hozil92(m): 1:37pm On Aug 23, 2018
udemzyudex:

Is it a new motherboard?

BTW, what exactly happened to the motherboard and what did he say after his diagnosis?
it just working. any way out
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by kace34: 3:30pm On Aug 23, 2018
Mscomobile offers you an interactive bulk SMS website that can meet up all your bulk SMS and voice message needs.

We filters out all DND numbers from your bulk numbers and sent SMS to only numbers without DND. You're not charge for any SMS that is not sent to a DND lines.

We have a secure online payment system.

We provide you a breakdown of the message history, so you can know which number received your SMS and which one did not and why?

Our portal is easy to understand and used

You can do bulk SMS, voice message, Unicode, MMS, Flash, Short Code in our portal. With your one account.

Our scheduling system is very effective

We have a well understood graphics representation of your SMS traffic.

You can send birthday broadcast to your customers

We charge per SMS and not unit.

You can click on this link to create an account
http:///2BEW6sv
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by udemzyudex(m): 3:40pm On Aug 23, 2018
Hozil92:
it just working. any way out

You can get a used motherboard or even new for less.
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by polimaf(m): 4:20pm On Aug 23, 2018
Hozil92:
What's the Ram and HdD size?
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by polimaf(m): 4:21pm On Aug 23, 2018
Hozil92:
Are you in Lagos? Let's even be sure the issue is actually motherboard being changed
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by Nobody: 5:03pm On Aug 23, 2018
pls how do i uninstall this software. each time i put on my laptop it always comes up. i have searched for it under uninstall a program but its not there. pls where can i find it?

Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by polimaf(m): 5:04pm On Aug 23, 2018
Nyerhovwo101:
pls how do i uninstall this software. each time i put on my laptop it always comes up. i have searched for it under uninstall a program but its not there. pls where can i find it?
Get CCleaner and see if you can clean it... It looks like virus to me
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by Nobody: 6:09pm On Aug 23, 2018
polimaf:
Get CCleaner and see if you can clean it... It looks like virus to me
it was actually a software I downloaded sometime ago called traffic spirit.now I want to uninstall it but not in uninstall program
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by polimaf(m): 6:29pm On Aug 23, 2018
Nyerhovwo101:
it was actually a software I downloaded sometime ago called traffic spirit.now I want to uninstall it but not in uninstall program
CCleaner should be able to do that... It's actually in your registry and getting there is risky...

Over time, the Registry can become cluttered with missing or broken items as you install, upgrade, and uninstall software and updates. CCleaner can help you clean out the Registry so you'll have fewer errors.
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by Hozil92(m): 6:36pm On Aug 23, 2018
polimaf:
Are you in Lagos? Let's even be sure the issue is actually motherboard being changed
im in Lagos. Yaba to be precise
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by Hozil92(m): 6:37pm On Aug 23, 2018
polimaf:
What's the Ram and HdD size?
4GB RAM, 750GB ROM
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by Hozil92(m): 6:39pm On Aug 23, 2018
udemzyudex:

You can get a used motherboard or even new for less.
Pls help a brother
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by polimaf(m): 6:40pm On Aug 23, 2018
Hozil92:
4GB RAM, 750GB ROM
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by polimaf(m): 6:41pm On Aug 23, 2018
Hozil92:
im in Lagos. Yaba to be precise
let me see if I can get cheap board for you... send picture of the laptop let me see the type of g6 you got
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by Hozil92(m): 6:49pm On Aug 23, 2018
ok sir
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by popless(m): 10:03pm On Aug 23, 2018
udemzyudex:

Fault either from

1. Corrupt ME region
2. Standby section not working properly
3. Dc/Dc section is bad

You can't solve this unless you're a certified engineer with the right tools.

I'll Advice you take it to an engineer for diagnosis.

Thanks...I was told the BIOS is faulty...
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by udemzyudex(m): 10:21pm On Aug 23, 2018
popless:

Thanks...I was told the BIOS is faulty...

Yeah, that's also a fault of corrupt ME region (bios)

(1) (2) (3) ... (937) (938) (939) (940) (941) (942) (943) ... (1222) (Reply)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 52
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.