Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,195,577 members, 7,958,784 topics. Date: Thursday, 26 September 2024 at 12:24 AM

Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. - Computers (939) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Computers / Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. (1334642 Views)

22 Essentials To Consider Before Buying A Laptop/computer PC/MAC / Post Your Imac, Macbook And Macbook Pro Problems Here. / Post Your Laptop Problems Here For Free Advice. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (936) (937) (938) (939) (940) (941) (942) ... (1233) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by Alli9k(m): 4:25pm On Aug 20, 2018
polimaf:
Always advisable to meet an engineer....

But if you can lose your PC and get access to your HDD, just try readjusting it...

If the problem persist, then try formatting it if you know how to do that...

ok boss ..thanks boss�
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by polimaf(m): 4:36pm On Aug 20, 2018
Alli9k:

ok boss ..thanks boss�
you are welcome
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by Johnnycife(m): 4:49pm On Aug 20, 2018
polimaf:
Have you tried repairing windows?

It Doesn't Even Show Anything About Windows. It Kept Showing Compaq And Something Like PRESS ESC TO LOAD SYSTEM INFO and thats all then it trips off again, and shows that screen again.
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by polimaf(m): 4:50pm On Aug 20, 2018
Get a windows installation CD or flash drive and do system repair or clean format..
Johnnycife:

It Doesn't Even Show Anything About Windows. It Kept Showing Compaq And Something Like PRESS ESC TO LOAD SYSTEM INFO and thats all then it trips off again, and shows that screen again.
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by Razak5(m): 4:51pm On Aug 20, 2018
Johnnycife:
Pls Help! My Compaq Laptop Won't Boot To Windows Welcome Screen It Kept Showing Compaq Screen And Trips Off, Then Goes Back. I Have Tried Everything Possible, Pls Help A Brother.

Hello

We would like to know what you've tried... Then we continue from there.

*Cheers*
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by Mosesoly(m): 5:04pm On Aug 20, 2018
[quote author=udemzyudex post=70450870]
If you need a very strong one, go and buy grin[/quote
Recommend
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by Johnnycife(m): 5:05pm On Aug 20, 2018
Razak5:

Hello

We would like to know what you've tried... Then we continue from there.

*Cheers*
I Removed The CMOS BATTERY And Held The Power Button For 30sc Before Powering The System, It Still Did Not Work. I Even Removed The Battery Yet.
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by udemzyudex(m): 6:08pm On Aug 20, 2018
Johnnycife:
Pls Help! My Compaq Laptop Won't Boot To Windows Welcome Screen It Kept Showing Compaq Screen And Trips Off, Then Goes Back. I Have Tried Everything Possible, Pls Help A Brother.

I'll Advice you take it to an engineer for diagnosis
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by udemzyudex(m): 6:10pm On Aug 20, 2018
[quote author=Mosesoly post=70454552][/quote]

You can try bitdefender
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by RealSean(m): 1:24pm On Aug 21, 2018
MY DELL LAPTOP AS BEEN GIVING ME SERIOUS ISSUES....ANYTIME I SWITCH IT ON I GET BEEPING SOUNDS AND ANYTIME I SWITCH IT OFF I ALWAYS GET BEEPING SOUNDS,THE BUTTON DOESN'T WORK SOME TIMES AND THE BUTTON IS ALWAYS PRESSING REPEATEDLY BY ITS SELF WHEN I SWITCH IT ON.. THE BATTERY TAKES FOREVER TO CHARGE AND DIES UNDER 20MINS AND THE LAPTOP FREEZES SOMETIMES WHEN USING IT AND LATER GETS RESTORED THIS IS A SYSTEM NOT UP TO TWO YEARS....AM CURRENTLY RESIDING AT DELTA ASABA..QUICK RESPONSE WOULD BE APPRECIATED...THANK YOU ALL AND GOD BLESS U...

Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by udemzyudex(m): 2:47pm On Aug 21, 2018
RealSean:
MY DELL LAPTOP AS BEEN GIVING ME SERIOUS ISSUES....ANYTIME I SWITCH IT ON I GET BEEPING SOUNDS AND ANYTIME I SWITCH IT OFF I ALWAYS GET BEEPING SOUNDS,THE BUTTON DOESN'T WORK SOME TIMES AND THE BUTTON IS ALWAYS PRESSING REPEATEDLY BY ITS SELF WHEN I SWITCH IT ON.. THE BATTERY TAKES FOREVER TO CHARGE AND DIES UNDER 20MINS AND THE LAPTOP FREEZES SOMETIMES WHEN USING IT AND LATER GETS RESTORED THIS IS A SYSTEM NOT UP TO TWO YEARS....AM CURRENTLY RESIDING AT DELTA ASABA..QUICK RESPONSE WOULD BE APPRECIATED...THANK YOU ALL AND GOD BLESS U...

Your keyboard is bad, a bad keyboard will give continious beep sound and make your laptop to malfunction.

So you need to change your keyboard and concerning your ba3, you need to change it too.
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by Kedro(m): 4:55pm On Aug 21, 2018
New battery or used carry come battery pls which one is better? I need battery for hp 255.thanks
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by udemzyudex(m): 5:21pm On Aug 21, 2018
Kedro:
New battery or used carry come battery pls which one is better? I need battery for hp 255.thanks

Depends if the used carry come is really used carry come and if it's still working well.

If you're sure it is really used carry come with the laptop and it is working well then go for it.
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by RealSean(m): 7:40pm On Aug 21, 2018
udemzyudex:

Your keyboard is bad, a bad keyboard will give continious beep sound and make your laptop to malfunction.

So you need to change your keyboard and concerning your ba3, you need to change it too.
THANKS FAM I REALLY APPRECIATE BUT FOR THE FACT MY PC LAGS SOMETIMES COULD THAT ALSO BE THE REASON...?
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by udemzyudex(m): 7:45pm On Aug 21, 2018
RealSean:
THANKS FAM I REALLY APPRECIATE BUT FOR THE FACT MY PC LAGS SOMETIMES COULD THAT ALSO BE THE REASON...?

Yeah, a bad keyboard will make your laptop to work slowly, it will make it to malfunction.
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by RealSean(m): 7:53pm On Aug 21, 2018
udemzyudex:

Yeah, a bad keyboard will make your laptop to work slowly, it will make it to malfunction.
I WAS THINKING MY RAM NEEDED CHANGES BUT NOW THAT HAVE BEEN TOLD I WILL CHANGE THE KEYBOARD WITH IMMEDIATE EFFECT THANKS BRO AND I REALLY APPRECIATE GOD BLESS...
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by udemzyudex(m): 7:59pm On Aug 21, 2018
RealSean:
I WAS THINKING MY RAM NEEDED CHANGES BUT NOW THAT HAVE BEEN TOLD I WILL CHANGE THE KEYBOARD WITH IMMEDIATE EFFECT THANKS BRO AND I REALLY APPRECIATE GOD BLESS...

You're welcome.
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by RealSean(m): 8:13pm On Aug 21, 2018
RealSean:
Okay thanks alot
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by Razak5(m): 7:01am On Aug 22, 2018
Kedro:

Hello.

below was my response to a certain nlander which asked about the difference between 7k battery and 13k battery. This response dies quite fit into what were talking about.

The difference however is you're looking for used which will definitely be lesser that 13k. Note: you should test the 'used' carrycome before purchase

-------------+---------------+---------------+--------------+-------------------+---------+---------
"Hello

First of all, let me congratulate you for meeting a honest seller who told you the difference...

What you refuse to tell us is that they said the 13.5k (which I can give for 12.5k) battery lasts longer than the 7k (which I can give for 6.5k)battery...

Oh! Just incase you were wondering, I wasn't there grin

If you have the cash, go for the original manufacturers battery.

But then if you can make do with about 2 hours of charge while you tidy things up so you can shut down then why bother about the 13.5k battery?

With the 7k battery, you should expect some drop in performance in 6 months time and probably another replacement in the next 1year.

While the 13.5k will still be flying high even after a year and half, the performance will remain fairly constant...

In laymans terms
7k battery= 1 full. Movie (100% brightness)
13.5k battery = 2 full Movies (100% brightness) eextra 30+ minutes of work. grin

*cheers*"
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by LethargiQue: 4:17pm On Aug 22, 2018
Please I'm in serious need of assistance, I'm going berserk. My laptop has been having all levels of driver issues since I upgraded to windows 10 and used drivers pack update 17

1. My touchpad always stops working, I have to reinstall the synaptics driver each time until I eventually got tired of reinstalling and bought an external mouse.

2. My IDT audio driver has occasional madness. Sometimes it becomes problematic and I begin to hear cracking sounds. I'd have to troubleshoot or reinstall the driver

3. Sometimes my laptop lags and trust me, It shouldn't.

4. My touchscreen has refused to work and I have scoured the internet for solution to no avail. I decided to live without it..

5. My webcam has suddenly developed issues and has refused to work, it gives an error code, I searched online for it and I got solution that It might be disconnected, but the flash works.

6. The most recent of problems is my WiFi. Now it doesn't discover available hotspots. I uninstalled one of the network drivers and it worked because I thought it's a hardware issue and maybe the WiFi cable has suddenly gone bad for no reason. After using it to transfer files via xender, I dunno what happened but it has stopped again (the icon changed in the process)

I have reset my laptop twice.

These and many more other issues I'm experiencing. I've been frustrated enough and have decided to format and start afresh..

I'm using HP envy M6 TS sleekbook

Please I'm starting afresh with Windows 10, give me beginners tips so I can work without issues from now..
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by Razak5(m): 4:31pm On Aug 22, 2018
LethargiQue:
Please I'm in serious need of assistance, I'm going berserk. My laptop has been having all levels of driver issues since I upgraded to windows 10 and used drivers pack update 17

1. My touchpad always stops working, I have to reinstall the synaptics driver each time until I eventually got tired of reinstalling and bought an external mouse.

2. My IDT audio driver has occasional madness. Sometimes it becomes problematic and I begin to hear cracking sounds. I'd have to troubleshoot or reinstall the driver

4. My touchscreen has refused to work and I have scoured the internet for solution to no avail. I decided to live without it..

5. My webcam has suddenly developed issues and has refused to work, it gives an error code, I searched online for it and I got solution that It might be disconnected, but the flash works.

6. The most recent of problems is my WiFi. Now it doesn't discover available hotspots. I uninstalled one of the network drivers and it worked because I thought it's a hardware issue and maybe the WiFi cable has suddenly gone bad for no reason. After using it to transfer files via xender, I dunno what happened but it has stopped again (the icon changed in the process)

These and many more other issues I'm experiencing. I've been frustrated enough and have decided to format and start afresh..

Please I'm starting afresh with Windows 10, give me beginners tips so I can work without issues from now..

Hi.
I think this challenge has been treated before... You must have missed it on the thread. Kindly scroll back to check for responses

*Cheers*

1 Like

Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by udemzyudex(m): 4:43pm On Aug 22, 2018
LethargiQue:

Format and drive with your driver pack 17.

That's all.

1 Like

Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by LethargiQue: 5:01pm On Aug 22, 2018
Razak5:

Hi.
I think this challenge has been treated before... You must have missed it on the thread. Kindly scroll back to check for responses

*Cheers*

Please I just discovered this thread, if you can't point me in the direction of answers with links, I'll be very grateful. The thread is over 900 pages, I will have a hard time going through looking for my answers.
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by LethargiQue: 5:01pm On Aug 22, 2018
udemzyudex:

Format and drive with your driver pack 17.

That's all.

Okay thanks Sir, let me get on it.
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by udemzyudex(m): 5:08pm On Aug 22, 2018
LethargiQue:

Okay thanks Sir, let me get on it.

Good and make sure your charger is connected.

1 Like

Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by Gemc3(f): 6:05pm On Aug 22, 2018
My people, Please help a sister. My new HP Laptop was sent to an engineer after it kept displaying the blue screen of death. The Hard drive was changed. It was on Windows 7 before. I got it back and immediately i got it, it displayed this

your PC ran into a problem and needs to restart. we'll restart for you.
If you'd like to know more, you can search online for this error: KERNEL_SECURITY_CHECK_FAILURE

It came on. I saw Windows 10 was installed for me. After some time, same error message comes up and this time, it's in a loop. It tries to restart, and then doesn't. It just repeats the same nonsense over and over again. I can not even enter windows again sef. I checked the memory, it was OK, but when I checked the drive (I cant remember what I checked again. It's drive i think. I was kinda in a hurry) they said (1 fault) I hope this doesn't mean the hard drive is bad too. I'm sending it back but i just want to know if there is any thing I can do. If it can be any other thing other than a faulty hard drive.

Thank you.
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by udemzyudex(m): 6:19pm On Aug 22, 2018
Gemc3:
My people, Please help a sister. My new HP Laptop was sent to an engineer after it kept displaying the blue screen of death. The Hard drive was changed. It was on Windows 7 before. I got it back and immediately i got it, it displayed this

your PC ran into a problem and needs to restart. we'll restart for you.
If you'd like to know more, you can search online for this error: KERNEL_SECURITY_CHECK_FAILURE

It came on. I saw Windows 10 was installed for me. After some time, same error message comes up and this time, it's in a loop. It tries to restart, and then doesn't. It just repeats the same nonsense over and over again. I can not even enter windows again sef. I checked the memory, it was OK, but when I checked the drive (I cant remember what I checked again. It's drive i think. I was kinda in a hurry) they said (1 fault) I hope this doesn't mean the hard drive is bad too. I'm sending it back but i just want to know if there is any thing I can do. If it can be any other thing other than a faulty hard drive.

Thank you.

Send it back to him, and are you sure the hard drive was changed?

Also note that a bad RAM can also give you this kind of problem.
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by linuses: 6:40pm On Aug 22, 2018
I have a dell laptop d630 that can only be powered on when the charger is connected. after powering on the system, the charger can be removed and the system can work well on the battery.
if anyone have ever encountered such problem, they can please share the solution with me so that I can be able to power on my system even without connecting the charger.
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by udemzyudex(m): 6:45pm On Aug 22, 2018
linuses:
I have a dell laptop d630 that can only be powered on when the charger is connected. after powering on the system, the charger can be removed and the system can work well on the battery.
if anyone have ever encountered such problem, they can please share the solution with me so that I can be able to power on my system even without connecting the charger.

This is definitely a motherboard issue, see an engineer.
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by Gemc3(f): 7:02pm On Aug 22, 2018
udemzyudex:

Send it back to him, and are you sure the hard drive was changed?

Also note that a bad RAM can also give you this kind of problem.

Thank you for your response and the info about the bad RAM. I will send the laptop back.
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by popless(m): 7:22pm On Aug 22, 2018
Help engineers in the house. My HP elite book 2530p turn on and off in seconds repeatedly...

(1) (2) (3) ... (936) (937) (938) (939) (940) (941) (942) ... (1233) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: 3 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 73
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.