Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,171 members, 7,821,971 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 11:06 PM

Garba Shehu Bought $800,000 From CBN And Resold It At A Profit - PDP - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Garba Shehu Bought $800,000 From CBN And Resold It At A Profit - PDP (42616 Views)

BBNaija: Garba Shehu Reacts To Efe's Victory / Garba Shehu Used Efe's 'Based On Logistics' On Twitter, Nigerians React (Pics) / Aisha Buhari Reacts To Claims She Bought Dollars And Resold For Profit (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Garba Shehu Bought $800,000 From CBN And Resold It At A Profit - PDP by DrChukzy(m): 8:39pm On Mar 26, 2016
I know that the APC Zombies wont belief it, since they have been brainwashed by chanji and Aisha rice. Its a matter of time.

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Garba Shehu Bought $800,000 From CBN And Resold It At A Profit - PDP by Greenback: 8:40pm On Mar 26, 2016
mars123:
haha...I would believe this if it's coming from a party like KOWA or some party with untested integrity.

But PDP, mba. They are so desperate and uncouth to say anything trustworthy. But I trust the wailers above will always display their ignorance.

Moreover PDP should learn that we Nigerians have started to participate in 21st century politics which involves proofs accompanying accusations and until then this accusation will just end up in the dust bin I.e the imagination of the wailing wailers tongue

mental
lol

1 Like

Re: Garba Shehu Bought $800,000 From CBN And Resold It At A Profit - PDP by Nobody: 8:41pm On Mar 26, 2016
akinsbaba2015:
The PDP set-up is simply woeful at almost everything. They have practically ran out of ideas of how to oppose a sitting government. Their sinister objective is throw figures in the air for their shameless followers and newspaper hack writers to chew on. Being in opposition has been quite hellish for the rejected band of looters

U should be smarter than this. The issue is not even the amount. Has he denied that he didn't source it from CBN? Is this allowed? Didn't Buhari wish Nigerians tough luck on this issue?

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: Garba Shehu Bought $800,000 From CBN And Resold It At A Profit - PDP by Fury007: 8:41pm On Mar 26, 2016
handsomeclouds:
APC change grin grin grin
Now the Change has begun.
I have always said it APC is the biggest scam in world history!

your senses are already in the clouds... no doubt

children of hate will gnash their teeth and bark like pitbulls simply by seing the topic... rabbish pdp rabbling nonsense for the sake of relevance.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Garba Shehu Bought $800,000 From CBN And Resold It At A Profit - PDP by obailala(m): 8:42pm On Mar 26, 2016
When last did CBN sell dollars at an official rate of N184?

The imbeciles handling the pdp twitter handle must think Nigerians are fools. Or maybe not, the person handling the account actually knows a lot of Nigerians are empty skulls especially judging by most of the comments here already.

5 Likes

Re: Garba Shehu Bought $800,000 From CBN And Resold It At A Profit - PDP by menix(m): 8:42pm On Mar 26, 2016
Separating APC from Fraud is like taking out the seedlings of an orange without inflicting a cut on it..

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Garba Shehu Bought $800,000 From CBN And Resold It At A Profit - PDP by Gaskia: 8:43pm On Mar 26, 2016
CBN recently removed academic and mesicals from forex eligibility list. Mr. Garba, whether $8000 , $800 or $800,000, at what price did you get it per dollar, was it before or after the CBN reviewed access to forex? what document did you tender to UBA to access forex for an invisible trade @ official rate after CBN review or is the law applied based on who is involved?

9 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Garba Shehu Bought $800,000 From CBN And Resold It At A Profit - PDP by Ratello: 8:43pm On Mar 26, 2016
This is just too demonic for a party claiming to fight corruption headlong, I am sure by the time more investigations are carried out Saraki may even have his own "share" undecided this is crass rapacious obscenity at its peak.....

8 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Garba Shehu Bought $800,000 From CBN And Resold It At A Profit - PDP by mavinc4u(f): 8:44pm On Mar 26, 2016
MrcuteOscar:
Garba shehu,na who we go ask? No smoke without fire,thats how Oliseh metuh started,am Innocent,am innocent,now he is quiet.. Relax,Time would tell if u are innocent or not..

My dear leave him; he is innocent and we are Vincent.

Imagine the nonsense. Buying dollar at 185 and reselling at 360 plus.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Garba Shehu Bought $800,000 From CBN And Resold It At A Profit - PDP by Fury007: 8:45pm On Mar 26, 2016
DrChukzy:
I know that the APC Zombies wont belief it, since they have been brainwashed by chanji and Aisha rice. Its a matter of time.

**** u av chosen to believe pdpiss becow u av bn brainwashed by your sectarian induced conditions. I doubt if u even saw d rebuttal.. wetin concern u wen u don see food.

1 Like

Re: Garba Shehu Bought $800,000 From CBN And Resold It At A Profit - PDP by blackpriest0911: 8:45pm On Mar 26, 2016
Foolish wailers....satanic propaganda....

1 Like

Re: Garba Shehu Bought $800,000 From CBN And Resold It At A Profit - PDP by mavinc4u(f): 8:45pm On Mar 26, 2016
obailala:
When last did CBN sell dollars at an official rate of N184?

The imbeciles handling the pdp twitter handle must think Nigerians are fools. Or maybe not, the person handling the account actually knows a lot of Nigerians are empty skulls especially judging by most of the comments here already.

Close your mouth for once.

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Garba Shehu Bought $800,000 From CBN And Resold It At A Profit - PDP by 4Play(m): 8:46pm On Mar 26, 2016
I don't know about the accuracy of this story but the reality of a fixed exchange regime is that it is a haven for corruption. As I have noted in previous posts as follows:

The fixed regime creates an incentive for round-tripping as it provides arbitrage opportunities for the highly connected. This is inherent to the regime as its whole raison d'être is to maintain the Naira at a higher fiat value than the market value. Therefore, a fixed regime will see more round-tripping, this is our actual historical experience, and lead to a self-reinforcing acceleration of the loss of the Naira's value.
https://www.nairaland.com/2969088/why-support-buhari-naira-dollar/2#43489831

During the Abacha regime, the fixed rate remained at 22 Naira to the dollar whilst the market rate got to 85 Naira to the dollar. This created an excellent opportunity for "round-tripping", i.e., buying dollar at the official rate and selling at the market rate.

This being Nigeria, corrupt interests are formed and converge to exploit these opportunities and to denounce those who criticise the exchange rate policy as exploiters of the masses and the representatives of malicious foreign interests. Because political loyalty in Nigeria is based mainly on ethnic and religious affiliation, bad policies will subsist for long notwithstanding the compelling arguments offered by real world experiences.
https://www.nairaland.com/2939764/how-buhari-dealing-deadly-blows/2#43031475

The Economist reported on the phenomenon recently:

That the bank has the power to hand out subsidised greenbacks naturally invites corruption. An executive at a big importer says its budgets now include a 30% “premium” to be paid to central bank officials to get dollars.
http://www.economist.com/news/middle-east-and-africa/21695065-how-make-hard-currency-shortage-worse-can-you-spare-dollar

You cannot claim you are fighting corruption while creating lucrative avenues for money to be pilfered.

11 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Garba Shehu Bought $800,000 From CBN And Resold It At A Profit - PDP by angelo82: 8:46pm On Mar 26, 2016
superstar1:
Another lie from from the pit of hell.

Is it possible for CBN to sell dollar at 185 when it is a well known fact that CBN's sells between 197 and 199?

Ipods and wailers should try harder with their lies.

They sold to pilgrims at a much lower rates backed by FG.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Garba Shehu Bought $800,000 From CBN And Resold It At A Profit - PDP by Pavarottii(m): 8:47pm On Mar 26, 2016
akinsbaba2015:
tongue Get proper education and enlightenment, your favourite man DASUKI is facing corruption charges in court and facts/evidences have been tendered as part of the court procedures in filing the case. Anonymous tweets are as useless as they come. The author of the ungodly tweet knew he risked being charged for a libel and his only option is to hide behind the ousted, rejected and discredited party-PDP
So is Dasuki a thief?
Re: Garba Shehu Bought $800,000 From CBN And Resold It At A Profit - PDP by ojnnaco(m): 8:48pm On Mar 26, 2016
Gradually the change is beginning to chain us .. I can't differentiate this with slavery again

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Garba Shehu Bought $800,000 From CBN And Resold It At A Profit - PDP by obailala(m): 8:49pm On Mar 26, 2016
mavinc4u:

My dear leave him; he is innocent and we are Vincent.

Imagine the nonsense. Buying dollar at 185 and reselling at 360 plus.
Official price of dollar is 197-199. It is silly for anyone to think CBN sells dollars to anyone at N185 in 2016. Unfortunately, the handler of the pdp account knows most Nigerians are empty skulls.

1 Like

Re: Garba Shehu Bought $800,000 From CBN And Resold It At A Profit - PDP by Jexyme(f): 8:50pm On Mar 26, 2016
metronaija:
Official Spokesperson to President Buhari, SSA, Media & Publicity, Garba Shehu has responded to claims by PDP twitter handle that he made Forex purchase of $800,000 from CBN. He added that he'd launch a defamation suit against the person behind the PDP twitter handle if he finds out who they are. Read his tweets below and the list of other people PDP claims also bought Dollars and resold for profit. Read Shehu's tweets from bottom up...

http://www.metronaija.com/2016/03/garba-shehu-bought-800000-from-cbn-and.html

Tweet source: https://mobile.twitter.com/PdpNigeria/status/713714848878747648

Shameless PDP (People Destroying People)

Childish lies and chronically unrepentant nincompoops.

1 Like

Re: Garba Shehu Bought $800,000 From CBN And Resold It At A Profit - PDP by obailala(m): 8:50pm On Mar 26, 2016
mavinc4u:

Close your mouth for once.
Use that thing in your skull for once. To whom brain is given, sense is expected.

1 Like

Re: Garba Shehu Bought $800,000 From CBN And Resold It At A Profit - PDP by Abugab(m): 8:50pm On Mar 26, 2016
The person behind the twitter handle is surely a coward and psychopath.
PDP is daily losing ground with these paid e-rats who just cook up any story just to smear people.
Sadly, they have legion of army without thinking caps.

2 Likes

Re: Garba Shehu Bought $800,000 From CBN And Resold It At A Profit - PDP by princessbeauty: 8:50pm On Mar 26, 2016
You got 8k for your daughter and also your nephew? But other Nigerian parent who also have children schooling abroad are not allowed access to forex and your Daura Boss said it's hard luck to them. Even people travelling abroad are not spared.. God is watching you people in 3D and he will judge you people accordingly.

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Garba Shehu Bought $800,000 From CBN And Resold It At A Profit - PDP by mavinc4u(f): 8:51pm On Mar 26, 2016
chukwukadibia10:
Sending ur children $8k so that we can fly abi?

There must be atom of truth in what PDP are saying.

Imagine the names he gave and said he paid only $8k for their school fees when we know the school fee of one person is more than $8k or don't we know the kind of schools their children attend.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Garba Shehu Bought $800,000 From CBN And Resold It At A Profit - PDP by TeamSimple(m): 8:51pm On Mar 26, 2016
Is this the best pdp and it supporters can come up with? Throwing figures in the air via Twitter just to gain sympathy from wailing crew.

And now if garba shehu decides to charge and eventually convict the person behind the handle, their swine followers will be the first to shout witch hunting.

1 Like

Re: Garba Shehu Bought $800,000 From CBN And Resold It At A Profit - PDP by Nobody: 8:51pm On Mar 26, 2016
mars123:
haha...I would believe this if it's coming from a party like KOWA or some party with untested integrity.

But PDP, mba. They are so desperate and uncouth to say anything trustworthy. But I trust the wailers above will always display their ignorance.

Moreover PDP should learn that we Nigerians have started to participate in 21st century politics which involves proofs accompanying accusations and until then this accusation will just end up in the dust bin I.e the imagination of the wailing wailers tongue
did you just call wailers brains dust bin? grin
Re: Garba Shehu Bought $800,000 From CBN And Resold It At A Profit - PDP by princessbeauty: 8:51pm On Mar 26, 2016
princessbeauty:
You got 8k for your daughter and also your nephew? But other Nigerian parent who also have children schooling abroad are not allowed access to forex and your Daura Boss said it's hard luck to them. Even people travelling abroad are not spared.. God is watching you people in 3D and he will judge you people accordingly.
Re: Garba Shehu Bought $800,000 From CBN And Resold It At A Profit - PDP by tinsel: 8:52pm On Mar 26, 2016
PDP thinks a credible opposition is by creating lies and spreading them everyday.

1 Like

Re: Garba Shehu Bought $800,000 From CBN And Resold It At A Profit - PDP by irondome: 8:52pm On Mar 26, 2016
If this is true, this is really bad
Re: Garba Shehu Bought $800,000 From CBN And Resold It At A Profit - PDP by mavinc4u(f): 8:52pm On Mar 26, 2016
obailala:
Use that thing in your skull for once. To whom brain is given, sense is expected.

You are not sensible that was why I asked you to close your mouth. Don't mind me but you are brainless.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Garba Shehu Bought $800,000 From CBN And Resold It At A Profit - PDP by Nobody: 8:52pm On Mar 26, 2016
I smell lies

Re: Garba Shehu Bought $800,000 From CBN And Resold It At A Profit - PDP by Greenback: 8:53pm On Mar 26, 2016
Sctests:

Sir zombie, Garba shehu didn't deny getting Dollar from CBN. He even confirmed he got some dollars to send to his daughters abroad. The question is-Did he get 8,000 USD or 800,000 USD?

Now Mr Zombie, If he can get 8,000 at CBN rate what stops him from getting 800,000 USD? That's the question zombies will refuse to ask.

Anyway you guys can keep fooling yourselves over there defending your criminals while you wallow in poverty. I get paid here in Aussie dollars and I can never be poor like y'all zombies. Your cross, your pain.

lolllls@ sir zombie....hahahahahahahahaha......guy u badt o,the grumpus kept quoting u...e pain am wella...i mean,baahahahahaha.....

1 Like

Re: Garba Shehu Bought $800,000 From CBN And Resold It At A Profit - PDP by Meiji(m): 8:53pm On Mar 26, 2016
Lol PDP have started doing propaganda like APC.

Well, you reap what you sow.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Dino Melaye Shares His Convocation Pictures With His Parents And Others / "Do Not Revenge Herdsmen Attacks" - Buhari Appeals To Victims Of Attacks / Some Facts About Abuja National Mosque Everyone Should Know (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 41
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.