Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,159 members, 7,821,937 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 10:17 PM

Garba Shehu Bought $800,000 From CBN And Resold It At A Profit - PDP - Politics (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Garba Shehu Bought $800,000 From CBN And Resold It At A Profit - PDP (42615 Views)

BBNaija: Garba Shehu Reacts To Efe's Victory / Garba Shehu Used Efe's 'Based On Logistics' On Twitter, Nigerians React (Pics) / Aisha Buhari Reacts To Claims She Bought Dollars And Resold For Profit (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Garba Shehu Bought $800,000 From CBN And Resold It At A Profit - PDP by Forwetinnah: 11:35pm On Mar 26, 2016
We kept shouting here but people never took us seriously. Booooohari is corruption personified. This was this same thing his former boss Abacha did and made millions. They get the forex from CBN, take it to their fellow Abo;ki black marketers then tell Nigerians crap. She will be dealt with some day...she's always been the perfect cover for boooooohari's fraud/corruption

4 Likes

Re: Garba Shehu Bought $800,000 From CBN And Resold It At A Profit - PDP by Forwetinnah: 11:40pm On Mar 26, 2016
drss:
during aljazira interview buari dullard said parents should source for dollars in black market for their childrens skool fees abroad. dat cbn will not sell dollars to students abroad. den how come gorba shovel sourced his dollars through cbn for his daughters abroad na because him na big man abi see double standard! dis govt is useless angry

He's following Abacha's footsteps...Abacha did the same thing with his sons and got billions of dollars via their black marketers(mallams who sell dollars). It's obvious boooooohari is trying to surpass Abacha's loot.

2 Likes

Re: Garba Shehu Bought $800,000 From CBN And Resold It At A Profit - PDP by duni04(m): 11:42pm On Mar 26, 2016
Johnrake69:

Guy open your eyes. His demand for fx was met because of his position. Tuesday morning go apply for fx to pay for tuition. You go old. That is what the noise is about. Even Buhari advised parents to withdraw their kids from foreign schools. Am not sure you are in this country.
I'm sorry but did Mr Shehu show you his Form A and disclose to you how long he'd been trying to get forex before it was approved?
Re: Garba Shehu Bought $800,000 From CBN And Resold It At A Profit - PDP by Johnrake69: 11:54pm On Mar 26, 2016
duni04:

I'm sorry but did Mr Shehu show you his Form A and disclose to you how long he'd been trying to get forex before it was approved?

Kai... Nigerians. Suffering and Smiling people. So in your inner mind you believe Mr Shehu would have been on the waiting list?. How am I sure am not even talking with Mr Shehu himself or his paid agent? Am sure you believe Mr Shehu sleeps in the gas station with us the masses. Padi Padi govt na today?

3 Likes

Re: Garba Shehu Bought $800,000 From CBN And Resold It At A Profit - PDP by taiwoadams77(m): 11:59pm On Mar 26, 2016
theoptimist298:
Sad. This is sad. They never intended change, they just wanted to get into the scheme of things. No wonder in proverbs 24:21, the bible explicitly and unambiguously warned us not to associate with those who always insist upon change. Even God the almighty has already condemned Apc in his word‎. I urge all who are still supporting this demonic party to retrace their steps immediately before judgement day calls. U cannot be in right standing with God if u are a supporter of Apc.
Oga Garba shehu, The issue is not the amount u sent, the issue is, did u or did u not get the dollars from CBN? Didn't Buhari ur master wish ordinary Nigerians tough luck on this same issue?

i dnt knw y all dis igbos no day get sense n dey ar so self centered, shey no b una usless brother foolishly embezzle NIGERIA money d tym way hin day do campign # awon olori buruku de de #
Re: Garba Shehu Bought $800,000 From CBN And Resold It At A Profit - PDP by duni04(m): 12:03am On Mar 27, 2016
Johnrake69:

Kai... Nigerians. Suffering and Smiling people. So in your inner mind you believe Mr Shehu would have been on the waiting list?. How am I sure am not even talking with Mr Shehu himself or his paid agent? Am sure you believe Mr Shehu sleeps in the gas station with us the masses. Padi Padi govt na today?
Are we talking facts here or are we debating what's on my inner mind? undecided
Re: Garba Shehu Bought $800,000 From CBN And Resold It At A Profit - PDP by ransomed: 12:04am On Mar 27, 2016
Evidence of transanctions or i assume you are a pathological liar. On the second thought, kwaraption as examplified by fee dee fee is fighting back.
Re: Garba Shehu Bought $800,000 From CBN And Resold It At A Profit - PDP by ofwest: 12:26am On Mar 27, 2016
This absolute lies is just to show that there still exist if at all a three letter word called Pin Di Pin in the system. The Yoruba word for Pin means end of the road. sorry o pindipin.
Re: Garba Shehu Bought $800,000 From CBN And Resold It At A Profit - PDP by poseidon12: 12:37am On Mar 27, 2016
mars123:
haha...I would believe this if it's coming from a party like KOWA or some party with untested integrity.

But PDP, mba. They are so desperate and uncouth to say anything trustworthy. But I trust the wailers above will always display their ignorance.

Moreover PDP should learn that we Nigerians have started to participate in 21st century politics which involves proofs accompanying accusations and until then this accusation will just end up in the dust bin I.e the imagination of the wailing wailers tongue

But Garba Shehu admitted getting $8000. So maybe he did not get up to $800000. But he still got it through the CBN at the official rate and yet the rest of us have to go to the black market. That is corruption obviously. Or don't you think so?

4 Likes

Re: Garba Shehu Bought $800,000 From CBN And Resold It At A Profit - PDP by jamjo: 12:39am On Mar 27, 2016
[quote author=metronaija post=44131492]Official Spokesperson to President Buhari, SSA, Media & Publicity, Garba Shehu has responded to claims by PDP twitter handle that he made Forex purchase of $800,000 from CBN. He added that he'd launch a defamation suit against the person behind the PDP twitter handle if he finds out who they are. Read his tweets below and the list of other people PDP claims also bought Dollars and resold for profit. Read Shehu's tweets from bottom up...

http://www.metronaija.com/2016/03/garba-shehu-bought-800000-from-cbn-and.html

Tweet source: https://mobile.twitter.com/PdpNigeria/status/713714848878747648[/quot

You can get $8000 from CBN God knows how much N185??, When your boss is telling common man to bring their kids home.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Garba Shehu Bought $800,000 From CBN And Resold It At A Profit - PDP by poseidon12: 12:55am On Mar 27, 2016
duni04:

He didn't show us his Form A or disclose how long he had been trying to get forex before it was approved; did he show you the Form A or tell you how long?

1 Like

Re: Garba Shehu Bought $800,000 From CBN And Resold It At A Profit - PDP by poseidon12: 12:58am On Mar 27, 2016
taiwoadams77:

i dnt knw y all dis igbos no day get sense n dey ar so self centered, shey no b una usless brother foolishly embezzle NIGERIA money d tym way hin day do campign # awon olori buruku de de #

Let us know your ethnic group so we can be sure they don't also have corrupt ones among them.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Garba Shehu Bought $800,000 From CBN And Resold It At A Profit - PDP by abnsugbe: 1:10am On Mar 27, 2016
ozoigbondu:
This is change

Why wont i stand with Buhari,i will stand
with him because of
the way he was able to confuse a good
number of Nigerians to vote him into
office
despite his obvious deficiencies in
leadership and anti-democraticcredentials
arising from when he was military Head-
of-
State.
Buhari deserve commendation for
decieving thousands of phd and master
holders into voting for a stark illiterate like
him.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Garba Shehu Bought $800,000 From CBN And Resold It At A Profit - PDP by abnsugbe: 1:11am On Mar 27, 2016
drss:
yet d dullard say him dey fight corruption sad buari is a colosal failure!

My people, I read this article about Buhari's
first tenure as military president in 1984
and I can't but wonder how history is
repeating itself.
Kindly read, compare and contrast it
yourself, you would think the writer was
referring to the present Buhari's
government of 2016.
LAGOS, Nigeria, April 29— Four months after
seizing power, Nigeria's military leaders
appear to be suffering an erosion of
popular support.
Last Dec. 31, Maj. Gen. Mohammed Buhari led
a group of young officers in a coup against
the civilian Government of President Shehu
Shagari, saying the takeover was necessary
to save Nigeria, Africa's richest and most
populous nation, from economic collapse.
The military intervention appeared at the
time to enjoy enthusiastic support from a
broad range of Nigeria's population.
Many intellectuals argued that the
corruption and incompetence of the Shagari
administration had made drastic action both
necessary and inevitable. Traders, merchants
and people in the streets welcomed the
soldiers and looked forward to a quick
improvement in their standard of living.
Growing Disappointment
Recently, however, there seems to be
growing disappointment with both the
military Government's approach and pace.
''Since coming to power, this Government
has not found a single problem,'' said Dr. Olu
Onagoruwa, a prominent lawyer and a
longtime opponent of the Shagari
administration.''But it has managed to
alienate the judiciary, the press, labor and
students - all the groups that supported it
just a few months ago.''
Critics of the military Government point out
that it has yet to present its budget. Loan
negotiations with the International
Monetary Fund continue but Western
economists say that Nigeria and the I.M.F.
appear to be further apart now than during
the final days of the Shagari administration.
Early indications that General Buhari would
agree to devalue Nigeria's currency,
liberalize trade and reduce domestic
petroleum subsidies have so far not
materialized. Prices Have Climbed
In addition, prices for food and other
essential commodities, which fell in the first
weeks after the coup largely because of the
presence of soldiers in the marketplaces,
have now returned to or exceeded their
levels before the coup. Unemployment has
been rising, and many of the imported raw
materials and spare parts needed to keep
factories running have been lacking.
Critics note further that political activity and
even debate have been banned and some
students organizations have been outlawed.
There has been a clampdown on Nigeria's
press, and the country's traditionally
independent judiciary has also seen its role
sharply diminished.
''At the moment we're looking at a clear
movement toward authoritarian
dictatorship,''said Stanley N. Macebuh,
executive editor of The Guardian, an
independent newspaper that had often
taken the Shagari administration to task.
''It's a trend that disturbs a lot of people, not
least those who welcomed the change of
government.''
Spokesmen for the military leadership
maintain that they know what they are
doing and refuse to be rushed. They deny
the charges of inaction, saying that steps
have been taken. Trials Being Prepared
The Government, they say, has put much
energy into investigating the corruption of
the Shagari administration and in preparing
tribunals to try the accused, close to 500 of
whom are now under detention.
http:// www.nytimes.com/ 1984/05/01/
world/nigerian-military-is-seen-as-losing-
support.html
Now I truly believe the following quotes
that, "Those who cannot learn from history
are doomed to repeat it. Those who do not
remember their past are condemned to
repeat their mistakes. Those who do not
read history are doomed to repeat it. Those
who fail to learn from the mistakes of their
predecessors are destined to repeat them.".

3 Likes

Re: Garba Shehu Bought $800,000 From CBN And Resold It At A Profit - PDP by hokafor(m): 1:24am On Mar 27, 2016
I now understand why our so called moses of our time refuse to devalue the naira. So round tripping is the new format now . Nigerians will not stop to amaze me .
Re: Garba Shehu Bought $800,000 From CBN And Resold It At A Profit - PDP by adconline(m): 1:27am On Mar 27, 2016
Where is Mr. Integrity, GMB? So his aides and cronies are now rich that they can get forex at CBN rate while most hardworking Naija folks can't?? Naija is just a name for POLITRICKIANS to talk about, but nobody believes in it!

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Garba Shehu Bought $800,000 From CBN And Resold It At A Profit - PDP by adconline(m): 1:30am On Mar 27, 2016
taiwoadams77:

Ur hero GMB, said that all Nigerians should source forex thru black market not only Igbos!'

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: Garba Shehu Bought $800,000 From CBN And Resold It At A Profit - PDP by Nobody: 1:37am On Mar 27, 2016
theoptimist298:

Don't ever quote me again if u choose to be unreasonable and like to suffer and smile. If this name were to be substituted with a pdp name, would ur reaction still be thesame? I thought u guys wanted a corrupt free country? Why are u now defending corruption? Or is corruption only pdp?
still desperate
Re: Garba Shehu Bought $800,000 From CBN And Resold It At A Profit - PDP by naijaking1: 3:14am On Mar 27, 2016
Buhari said if you couldn't afford to send your children overseas for school, bring them back to Nigeria, meanwhile this Shehu man goes to CBN, corners $800,000 to pay"pay for his children and nephews overseas"
Fighting corruption the Nigeria way!
Soon, Buhari and his family will begin to confuse the CBN with their persoanal bank account.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Garba Shehu Bought $800,000 From CBN And Resold It At A Profit - PDP by BlackTechnology: 3:50am On Mar 27, 2016
taiwoadams77:

Have you bought fuel for today.?

#YorubasWhoVotedBuhariHaveBeingScammed

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Garba Shehu Bought $800,000 From CBN And Resold It At A Profit - PDP by BlackTechnology: 3:51am On Mar 27, 2016
adconline:

Ur hero GMB, said that all Nigerians should source forex thru black market not only Igbos!'

Don't mind the pain boy

After all the threats to lagoon Igbos see what they got

#YorubasWhoVotedBuhariHaveBeingScammed

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Garba Shehu Bought $800,000 From CBN And Resold It At A Profit - PDP by Billygee2u: 4:15am On Mar 27, 2016
handsomeclouds:
APC change grin grin grin
Now the Change has begun.
I have always said it APC is the biggest scam in world history!

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Garba Shehu Bought $800,000 From CBN And Resold It At A Profit - PDP by Billygee2u: 4:17am On Mar 27, 2016
drss:
big scam. d kind corruption wey dey currently happen under d dullard through cbn is unimaginable. cBN dey sell dollar at N199 to big pipul for buari govt only to sell am for N320 for black market. yet dem no dey sell forex to manufacturers n skool students abroad.
Re: Garba Shehu Bought $800,000 From CBN And Resold It At A Profit - PDP by disloman(m): 5:58am On Mar 27, 2016
This is the reason most sane APC fans are keeping silence on this platform.When you see the reasoning of the wailing wailers,you will feel sad.I don't expect anything different from this.PDP is a party full of dead brains and don't expect sane people. To waste their precious time on them.
Re: Garba Shehu Bought $800,000 From CBN And Resold It At A Profit - PDP by vigasimple(m): 6:18am On Mar 27, 2016
He who live by the sword will die by the sword. APC came to power by dishonest propaganda and will die by their own or opposition propaganda.
Re: Garba Shehu Bought $800,000 From CBN And Resold It At A Profit - PDP by Nobody: 6:31am On Mar 27, 2016
mars123:
haha...I would believe this if it's coming from a party like KOWA or some party with untested integrity.

But PDP, mba. They are so desperate and uncouth to say anything trustworthy. But I trust the wailers above will always display their ignorance.

Moreover PDP should learn that we Nigerians have started to participate in 21st century politics which involves proofs accompanying accusations and until then this accusation will just end up in the dust bin I.e the imagination of the wailing wailers tongue

The man involved said he sourced $8000 to send to his daughter and relations grin grin
It's there as one of his tweets, read!!!
The debate is, why should he source Forex from CBN? Is Buhari's tough luck not for he and his family ??
The making of a new Dasuki grin
Re: Garba Shehu Bought $800,000 From CBN And Resold It At A Profit - PDP by macaranta(m): 7:23am On Mar 27, 2016
mars123:

Bro..you just a zom...the same proof they don't provide before detaining perceived opponents indefinitely ..gerrarahia with ya 118 zom likes.
Re: Garba Shehu Bought $800,000 From CBN And Resold It At A Profit - PDP by Nobody: 8:33am On Mar 27, 2016
I know for a fact that this news is true,and she's not the only one,many apc top dogs are into this biz now,that s y there ain't any effort to stabilise naira.#fact.

1 Like

Re: Garba Shehu Bought $800,000 From CBN And Resold It At A Profit - PDP by Nellybii: 8:33am On Mar 27, 2016
chukwukadibia10:
Sending ur children $8k so that we can fly abi?

There must be atom of truth in what PDP are saying.

If it is on children education, good at least it is better than one certain prodigal Ineffectual Buffoon spraying it in a party.
Re: Garba Shehu Bought $800,000 From CBN And Resold It At A Profit - PDP by jamace(m): 8:38am On Mar 27, 2016
akinsbaba2015:
You don't even know what the courts are meant for. You think the courts are twitter platforms or social media where demonic agents on the pretext of anonymity fabricate all manner of falsehood. Which fact? Which figure? Arrant NONSENSE

If believe that PDP is an anonymous entity, then you are playing the ostrich, the falsehood is in you.
Re: Garba Shehu Bought $800,000 From CBN And Resold It At A Profit - PDP by 989900: 9:17am On Mar 27, 2016
These claims are very likely false, but the amount of shady dealing going on between the CBN and the banks is far worse than this. It's really a shame, a shame on Emefiele, a shame on Buhari, a shame on Magu.

I have written so much about how racketeering and profiteering is a major cause of the Naira's woes; wish can't be wished away by devaluation -- devalue today, give it another few weeks, and see us return to the same wide margin profiteering.

It just won't stop until the rot is rooted out.

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Benue Killings: I Warned Ortom, He Did Not Listen Says... Plateau Governor / Voters In FCT Are Not Special, I Don't Need 25% There To Win – Tinubu / Dino Melaye Shares His Convocation Pictures With His Parents And Others

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 57
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.