Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,693 members, 7,820,419 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 02:30 PM

What If The Early Church Had Prayed That Saul Should Die? - Religion (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / What If The Early Church Had Prayed That Saul Should Die? (20651 Views)

Daddy Freeze: "I Have Prayed For An Enemy To Die Before, I Won’t Lie" / Couple Welcome 1st Child 10yrs After Wedding After TB Joshua Prayed 4 Them(pics) / "I Prayed That I Would Die"---man Who Was Raped By Priest For Several Months!!! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: What If The Early Church Had Prayed That Saul Should Die? by ekiloui(f): 9:36pm On Mar 27, 2016
Holluwatarhyor:
You all have misunderstood the whole thing,there are different kind of enemies,there are those that just envy you,I can't tell that type of enemy to die.But should in any case an enemy swear I'll never make it while he or she is still alive,then what is he or she still waiting for on earth,because I'm already making it.

Never Ever pray for your enemy to die...no matter how evil they may be (that is not the way of Christ) Simply hand them over to God

1 Like

Re: What If The Early Church Had Prayed That Saul Should Die? by nnamdiosu(m): 9:39pm On Mar 27, 2016
payek:
Also, the devil cannot die, he is awaiting a final judgement in the lake of fire. the die can be replaced with cut off/block/scatter,destroy strongholds,activities etc.

OK sir. but I have one question for u. wen we say my phone has died or my phone battery has died, does it mean that the phone died? can phone battery die? DOESNT IT MEAN THAT MY PHONE HAS SHUT DOWN OR STOPPED WORKING?
now let me.tell u one secret. prayer is simply communication between man and his God IN A PERSONAL WAY. PERSONALLY THERE ARE SOME WORDS THAT I SAY IN PRAYER TO GOD. ONLY ME AND GOD KNOWS WHAT IT MEANS. SOMEONE ELSE DOESNT KNOW. BUT GOD ANSWERS THOSE PRAYERS. let's leave it like that. God bless u sir

1 Like

Re: What If The Early Church Had Prayed That Saul Should Die? by marvisosasu: 9:44pm On Mar 27, 2016
Beloveth why not we go and ask the Lord concerning this matter? The Lord is demanding us to have a constant relationship with Him... All these arguments will not solve anything rather it will continue.. Beloved this calls for prayers
Re: What If The Early Church Had Prayed That Saul Should Die? by Montaque(m): 9:46pm On Mar 27, 2016
derecho:
My bros,if God answered it, who are we to question Him?
And how r u sure it's God that answered that kind of prayer. Satan also answers prayer, hope u know?

1 Like

Re: What If The Early Church Had Prayed That Saul Should Die? by OpraMenu(m): 10:25pm On Mar 27, 2016
Those who pray this prayers don't understand the ephesians 6 they only take the words and interpret the way they like to suit their thoughts, just like they interpret Matthew 11 :12
Re: What If The Early Church Had Prayed That Saul Should Die? by Charly68: 10:33pm On Mar 27, 2016
Some of you are really praying for Boko Haram rather than praying against them..Spiritual ignorance is destructive .

1 Like

Re: What If The Early Church Had Prayed That Saul Should Die? by Olufemiolaolu(m): 11:01pm On Mar 27, 2016
asalimpo:
if todays's christians were the one's being persecuted by Saul of tarsus, what would be their prayer?
"All those persecuting fall down and die - by fire by force"

If such a prayer were answered, I dont think even the church would know how great its loss would be.
They'd be rejoicing that their enemy is gone, but in God's eyes a big tear drop would be forming..

Sometimes not all enemies need to die for us to make progress.
And our making progress isnt the best objective of all , bu the advancement of God's kingdom.

God's kingdom, not our kingdom (our peace, prosperity, well being) , should be the highest priority.

Thank God, saul lived to repent and become what he eventually became - a firebrand for God. An eclipse,
that made all other apostles before him look like kindergaten kids in the things of God!!
Not all enemies ll change or repent like paul. Did haman repent? or senacherib? Dont deceive ur self some re sworn enemies. If some of dem dont perish they wont surrender ok. May ur haman live then grin
Re: What If The Early Church Had Prayed That Saul Should Die? by Olufemiolaolu(m): 11:04pm On Mar 27, 2016
nnamdiosu:

OK sir. but I have one question for u. wen we say my phone has died or my phone battery has died, does it mean that the phone died? can phone battery die? DOESNT IT MEAN THAT MY PHONE HAS SHUT DOWN OR STOPPED WORKING?
now let me.tell u one secret. prayer is simply communication between man and his God IN A PERSONAL WAY. PERSONALLY THERE ARE SOME WORDS THAT I SAY IN PRAYER TO GOD. ONLY ME AND GOD KNOWS WHAT IT MEANS. SOMEONE ELSE DOESNT KNOW. BUT GOD ANSWERS THOSE PRAYERS. let's leave it like that. God bless u sir
God bless u jare. Some pple re just ignorant.
Re: What If The Early Church Had Prayed That Saul Should Die? by erusen: 11:08pm On Mar 27, 2016
martyns303:

Guy I understand your point but it doesn't hold. Early Christians made far worst, but let me start from the old testament.

1. A prophet prayed that wild animal should devour children and it happened.
those weren't more like youth 20-21years youth who threaten him.
Re: What If The Early Church Had Prayed That Saul Should Die? by erusen: 11:12pm On Mar 27, 2016
jerseyboy:
Saul aka Paul hijacked the religion of Christ and altered it to suit his own character.
abeg swerve

1 Like

Re: What If The Early Church Had Prayed That Saul Should Die? by erusen: 11:14pm On Mar 27, 2016
Bollinger:

You might want to revise that comment. There are many instances where God has asked his followers to kill and wipe out whole generations in his name. Asking Saul to destroy the amelekites is one example.
define assasin,define punisher.
Re: What If The Early Church Had Prayed That Saul Should Die? by KLand(m): 11:24pm On Mar 27, 2016
Thanks for this post. It made alot of sense to me.
Re: What If The Early Church Had Prayed That Saul Should Die? by Bollinger(m): 11:32pm On Mar 27, 2016
erusen:
define assasin,define punisher.

That is the distinction people who hire or are assassins cannot make. Assassins and or the people who hire them consider themselves punishers. Saul committed terrible atrocities same as the amelekites. Why didn't God give the amelekites the same opportunities to change rather than ask King saul to wipe out their whole generation?
Re: What If The Early Church Had Prayed That Saul Should Die? by cbrass(m): 11:38pm On Mar 27, 2016
KDK:

OP, for your information and that of all, please note that the MOUNTAIN OF FIRE AND MIRACLES MINISTRIES does not pray for people to die. The "die" prayers are for the powers backing such people. However, ministers from other ministries trying to emulate such prayers erroneously pray for people to die.
I hope this clarifies.

Hmm so you are saying that demons die abi? undecided
Re: What If The Early Church Had Prayed That Saul Should Die? by asalimpo(m): 11:39pm On Mar 27, 2016
GreenWhiteGreen:
OP, that mentality of "bad people could change and become better" is not always applicable to Africans especially Nigerians. We are too wicked. Even in the bible, a particular chapter tells us that some people came together to make oath that they won't eat or drink until they kill a particular prophet of God. (Can't remember his name but look up new testament) How do you judge those people ? These days, there are evil people like that destroying lives. I see no reason we shouldn't pray for their death because they will never change.
It's paul.
But paul never prayed for them to die. They were acting in ignorance.
Somewhere in the book of roman's he prayed that his desire is for all isreal to be saved.

They are times when a human element has to be taken out of the way, but God can do that without his children burning sleepless nights dictating how it should be done.

Jesus never prayed any one should die. Neither did paul. Nor any of the apostles.
Yet they all fulfilled their ministries in flying colours.

Yes, not all men have faith, but you never know who God can save.
And the bible says heaven rejoices over one sinner that gets saved.

The die gospel is a gospel of vindictiveness. Overtime, it fills the opposed with vengefulness towards their enemies rather than love. How much then are they different from the world- the world exacts its pound of flesh by whatever means they can, Christians are getting it using christian dynamics.
Re: What If The Early Church Had Prayed That Saul Should Die? by erusen: 12:03am On Mar 28, 2016
Bollinger:

That is the distinction people who hire or are assassins cannot make. Assassins and or the people who hire them consider themselves punishers. Saul committed terrible atrocities same as the amelekites. Why didn't God give the amelekites the same opportunities to change rather than ask King saul to wipe out their whole generation?
God is judge of ALL,the people of amelekites what were their crimes?,first all the cannanites did something that God hated,they sacrificed their children to their fire god called molech or Baal,even the people of Jericho,God specifically told the Jews that,"you are not more than this people, but because of their atrocities and abominable you will displace them",now to your question why did God not spare them,remember the story of the flood,God gave them a whooping 100 YEARS,to repent, now Sodom and Gomorrah,the attrotics,Abraham asked God if there were 50 righteous people if God would still destroy them,he said no,Abram reduced the number to 10,God said if 10 good people were in Sodom he wouldn't have destroyed it,now these Canaanites must have been forgiveness, yes they were,they peaceful asked to grant isreal passage,but the onset they wage war against isreal,they were in a continous fighter of the Israelites,through which God had promised the Messiah, not to forget their child-burning god worship,remember when isreal went rogue and started these same practice,God gave them countless message for them to repent,they didn't and the same thing happen to them through the Assyrians and Babylonians.
Re: What If The Early Church Had Prayed That Saul Should Die? by bezimo(m): 12:05am On Mar 28, 2016
It depends on how you look at it, Paul troubled the early church so much to the point were they were helpless, he instigated the stoning to death of Stephen and wanted to get approval to give Peter the same treatment but the church prayed, he went after the church and it was on one of such trips jesus arrested him,
If you look at the live of Paul you would see that he harvested all the seed of wickedness he did to the church when he was a sinner and named Saul. For instance he was stonned to almost the point of death and dragged on the road out of the city, but he miraculously survived. He was locked up serval times and beaten in the same way he treated the early christians and ended up beheaded.

For herod who was among those that wanted to persecute the church and feel like a god who can do and undo, he did tragically after worms ate him up.

Like the Apostle Suleiman said one thing about God is that he is a merciful God, he would forgive the wicked witch if she repent and she would make heaven, but what about the Unfortunate souls she destroyed and killed? What happened to those souls? Is there a second chance for them?

Thats why I celebrate the anoiting that destroys witches, wizards and their likes and oppressors of Gods people.
Re: What If The Early Church Had Prayed That Saul Should Die? by Austin234(m): 12:13am On Mar 28, 2016
Very much on point

asalimpo:
if todays's christians were the one's being persecuted by Saul of tarsus, what would be their prayer?
"All those persecuting fall down and die - by fire by force"

If such a prayer were answered, I dont think even the church would know how great its loss would be.
They'd be rejoicing that their enemy is gone, but in God's eyes a big tear drop would be forming..

Sometimes not all enemies need to die for us to make progress.
And our making progress isnt the best objective of all , bu the advancement of God's kingdom.

God's kingdom, not our kingdom (our peace, prosperity, well being) , should be the highest priority.

Thank God, saul lived to repent and become what he eventually became - a firebrand for God. An eclipse,
that made all other apostles before him look like kindergaten kids in the things of God!!
Re: What If The Early Church Had Prayed That Saul Should Die? by Bollinger(m): 12:20am On Mar 28, 2016
erusen:
God is judge of ALL,the people of amelekites what were their crimes?,first all the cannanites did something that God hated,they sacrificed their children to their fire god called molech or Baal,even the people of Jericho,God specifically told the Jews that,"you are not more than this people, but because of their atrocities and abominable you will displace them",now to your question why did God not spare them,remember the story of the flood,God gave them a whooping 100 YEARS,to repent, now Sodom and Gomorrah,the attrotics,Abraham asked God if there were 50 righteous people if God would still destroy them,he said no,Abram reduced the number to 10,God said if 10 good people were in Sodom he wouldn't have destroyed it,now these Canaanites must have been forgiveness, yes they were,they peaceful asked to grant isreal passage,but the onset they wage war against isreal,they were in a continous fighter of the Israelites,through which God had promised the Messiah, not to forget their child-burning god worship,remember when isreal went rogue and started these same practice,God gave them countless message for them to repent,they didn't and the same thing happen to them through the Assyrians and Babylonians.

You say the justification for killing the Amelekites was because the did terrible things. So, Saul was a boys scout?
Re: What If The Early Church Had Prayed That Saul Should Die? by bezimo(m): 12:25am On Mar 28, 2016
"Suffer not the witch to live" (Exodus 22:17)
This is the holy bible.

You know why the witch must die If he/she refuse to repent is so that she/he can stop bewitching the destiny of the sons of men and expanding the kingdom of darkness to wreck more havoc on mankind.

The bible said "because sentence against evil work is not executed speedily the heart of men is set to do more wickedly" That is why devine vengance against the forces of wickedness must be swift.The things I hear when people share testimonies of the triumph of faith in God against human and demonic forces makes me think that this world truly lieth in wickedness.

But expectedly I know religious folks who have lost touch of the power of the Holy Ghost would think otherwise.Its allowed, to live is a choice afterall so also is to be a victim.

Like one of the Patriarch of faith that ever lived in Nigeria. Arch bishop Benson idahosa. He troubled the kingdom of darkness to tge point where they wanted him to leave earth even If he goes to heaven, he carried a corrosive anoiting. Many of you remember Former president Murtala Mohamed, it because he came against the church of Jesus.

This is what happened because the church of God mission founded by Pa idahosa was near the airport in benin with a big cross on the church auditorium, on one fateful day Murtala was flying into Benin City and he saw the cross and the church and gave an order that "He doesnt what to see the church and cross in that location again" when Arch Bishop Idahosa was told of the order of Murtala, he replied Murtala that "he , Murtala wont see the church and cross again" shortly after murtala was assassinated In coup and never truly saw it again,

No one persecutes the church and not suffer for it.Thats why I look at the likes of El rufai with pity.
Re: What If The Early Church Had Prayed That Saul Should Die? by timtoday: 12:26am On Mar 28, 2016
nnamdiosu:

Sorry to say, your illustration is faulty. Why? If your phone battery is dead or your phone is dead means it has stopped to work, then you transpose that to mean that you ask an "evil spirit(s)" as the case may be, to die means to stop it activities in your life. What you are saying is that a child of God could have a demon in his/her lives, but the spirit will have no power to perform their enterprises, just like dead battery. Because, though your battery may be dead but still remain in it place until recharged again.
Mean while, what the scripture required us to do is to CAST out devils! Not ask that they lose their powers, while we endure their presence. We are to tread on serpents and scorpions, and over all the power of the enemy.

Secondly, why the battery illustration is not accurate, can the devil lose his power like a battery will lose it's charge due to usage? if so, where does he(they) refuel or recharge? Go and check in scriptures, the person through whom they operate might cease to do what they are capable of after the spirit is cast out, but the spirit itself doesn't. That is one of the reason, I know that all of the fall down and die prayers are aimed at people and not spirits, because spirits don't die to start it. Example, a so called Pastor recently prayed that El-rufai will fall down and die if he don't reverse a policy, am sure he is also talking to a spirit called El-rufai shea? He even boasted that he prophesied that Audu of Kogi State will die, and so it happened. What a pity!
Please go and read your bible, the judgement of those outside the church is not in our hands. We are sons of God NOT God!

Lastly, if you are a child of God and you still have a compartment for the devil to ocuppy, like a phone will for a battery, then it is your fault! Why? scriptures says "...Neither give place to the devil..." -- Eph 4:27. Read that passage in context.

A pastor said long ago and I agree with him, that one of the problem of the church today is biblical illiteracy. For example, who is the fire met for? The Holy "Ghost" fire is for what? To burn the devil? If so, why didn't Jesus or his disciples use it? Is Jesus not the one to baptized US with the holy spirit and fire?
Simple cast the devil out! And stop devil worship by giving him all the attention. God is no equal with Satan.
Re: What If The Early Church Had Prayed That Saul Should Die? by callJesu: 12:35am On Mar 28, 2016
Holluwatarhyor:
You all have misunderstood the whole thing,there are different kind of enemies,there are those that just envy you,I can't tell that type of enemy to die.But should in any case an enemy swear I'll never make it while he or she is still alive,then what is he or she still waiting for on earth,because I'm already making it.

In luke, Christ said we should tread upon any power of the enemy that misbehaves that we should destroy their powers, well I never see him fighting back starting from the spiritual wrestling he had at getsemane even down to the cross as men spat on him, beat him and do all sorts, all he just did was to look at the cross, another example is stephen, a great man of apostolic faith in his time. An enemy is an enemy inasmuch as they are opposers with the prime target of disconnecting your fellowship with the father... We wrestle against principalities and not flesh and blood sir.

Be loving
Re: What If The Early Church Had Prayed That Saul Should Die? by GeniusDavid(m): 1:26am On Mar 28, 2016
Ever heard what Warfare is? The Bible says "For we wrestle not against flesh and blood, but principalities and powers, rulers in high places" Anyone who allows himself to be controlled by "these" forces is as good as them. I can Categorically say the Early church weren't hell bent on Spiritual warfare, moreover God had initial plans for Saul. Its Simple: You Change or Die. If u think u can live a "cool" Christian life, then my dear; You are yet to see the wrath of the devil and his cohorts.
Re: What If The Early Church Had Prayed That Saul Should Die? by callJesu: 1:50am On Mar 28, 2016
GeniusDavid:
Ever heard what Warfare is? The Bible says "For we wrestle not against flesh and blood, but principalities and powers, rulers in high places" Anyone who allows himself to be controlled by "these" forces is as good as them. I can Categorically say the Early church weren't hell bent on Spiritual warfare, moreover God had initial plans for Saul. Its Simple: You Change or Die. If u think u can live a "cool" Christian life, then my dear; You are yet to see the wrath of the devil and his cohorts.

Whoever doesn't change as an enemy over your life, don't kill him or her in your prayers because God may still want to have such a person used.. Ask God to arrest their powers whereas you focus MAJORLY on dwelling in the secret place. May be we should all study pslm 91 within its context.
Re: What If The Early Church Had Prayed That Saul Should Die? by Nobody: 4:38am On Mar 28, 2016
I'm not in support of die gospel or what have you. I used to see things from your type of perspective before but it doesn't work like that all the time. Not all evil people will change. The more you do good to them, the more they hate and wish evil against you. I don't wish anyone dead but whoever is seeking for my downfall, fall down and perish. Life is too short to live half of it in bondage.
asalimpo:

It's paul.
But paul never prayed for them to die. They were acting in ignorance.
Somewhere in the book of roman's he prayed that his desire is for all isreal to be saved.

They are times when a human element has to be taken out of the way, but God can do that without his children burning sleepless nights dictating how it should be done.

Jesus never prayed any one should die. Neither did paul. Nor any of the apostles.
Yet they all fulfilled their ministries in flying colours.

Yes, not all men have faith, but you never know who God can save.
And the bible says heaven rejoices over one sinner that gets saved.

The die gospel is a gospel of vindictiveness. Overtime, it fills the opposed with vengefulness towards their enemies rather than love. How much then are they different from the world- the world exacts its pound of flesh by whatever means they can, Christians are getting it using christian dynamics.
Re: What If The Early Church Had Prayed That Saul Should Die? by asalimpo(m): 5:43am On Mar 28, 2016
GreenWhiteGreen:
I'm not in support of die gospel or what have you. I used to see things from your type of perspective before but it doesn't work like that all the time. Not all evil people will change. The more you do good to them, the more they hate and wish evil against you. I don't wish anyone dead but whoever is seeking for my downfall, fall down and perish. Life is too short to live half of it in bondage.

Your position is not biblical. Like i said, this "die" gospel, is making christians full of vengefulness and bitterness towards their human enemies. Taking their eyes off the real enemy - the devil and his cohorts.
The bible says "if your enemy needs water, give it to him, if he's hungry feed him" etc
Can you do such to a sworn human enemy without love? No.
Then the bible goes on to say that if you do that God will heap coals of fire on his head , as you show love
and walk in love towards your human enemies, God will take on the battle on your behalf.

The bible also says God will prepare a table for you in the presence of your enemies,
The bible says, if a man's ways pleases God , He (God) will make his enemies be at peace around him.
There are passages in the scripture where God gave a king rest from war - think of it,
no enemies ganged up against him, plotted to wage war against him etc.

God can take care of your enemies.
if he wants He can lead you to pray against oppositions.
He can handle them either way they come. But generating bitterness
against human enemies isnt God's will.

About life being short, where is the real life going to be - on earth or after earth?
We are so fixated about enjoying what short life there is here that we really dont set our thoughts on the after life.
Re: What If The Early Church Had Prayed That Saul Should Die? by asalimpo(m): 5:52am On Mar 28, 2016
bezimo:
It depends on how you look at it, Paul troubled the early church so much to the point were they were helpless, he instigated the stoning to death of Stephen and wanted to get approval to give Peter the same treatment but the church prayed, he went after the church and it was on one of such trips jesus arrested him,
If you look at the live of Paul you would see that he harvested all the seed of wickedness he did to the church when he was a sinner and named Saul. For instance he was stonned to almost the point of death and dragged on the road out of the city, but he miraculously survived. He was locked up serval times and beaten in the same way he treated the early christians and ended up beheaded.

For herod who was among those that wanted to persecute the church and feel like a god who can do and undo, he did tragically after worms ate him up.

Like the Apostle Suleiman said one thing about God is that he is a merciful God, he would forgive the wicked witch if she repent and she would make heaven, but what about the Unfortunate souls she destroyed and killed? What happened to those souls? Is there a second chance for them?

Thats why I celebrate the anoiting that destroys witches, wizards and their likes and oppressors of Gods people.
I believe stephen prayed that God should forgive his stoners , for they knew not what they were doing (something like that). I believe God took that prayer seriously, and it was instrumental to Saul's eventual conversion. What if Stephen had sought vengeance ? God, too would have exacted it- Saul, could've died!
Re: What If The Early Church Had Prayed That Saul Should Die? by asalimpo(m): 6:20am On Mar 28, 2016
In one of late bimbo odukoya's articles,
I read of a story of a wife who prayed that God would attack the lady that was competing for her husband's
attention at his workplace. The husband was having an affair with a single lady in his office.
The wife accosted the lady on the issue,but that didnt stop her making her advances on the husband.
In answer to her prayer, the lady developed a strange , incurable headache that defied medical explanation.
The single ladies mom and pastor decided to fast about it. On the third day of the fast, the mom had a dream where Jesus appeared to her , telling her He was attacking the enemy of His child,i.e the legitimate wife , (something like that).
The single lady kept denying the accusation of an affair , right up to her death.
Well, the wife got her husband back, but the other lady's life got snuffed out.
Could'nt she have had her husband back without any one losing theirs?

In another bimbo story,
Another lady faced opposition from an opponent. The husband was having an affair .
She actually saw the husband's car parked in an unusual place and proceeded to call the husband.
The husband picked and lied to her about his location not knowing that his wife was seeing him.
She drove past him, stopped to greet him and zoomed off.
When he came home, he was in a defensive mood, expecting a bloody show down with the wife, but
the wife didnt do any of that. She prepared his favorite meal and treated him like royalty- with lots of respect.
She didnt even bring up the matter.
He got so perplexed and ashamed he called the other lady in the presence of the wife and broke up
the affair.
The other lady could have prayed "die" prayers too. And it could've worked!!

Think of the missionaries that took the gospel to foreign lands. How much opposition and threat to their lives did they face from the heathens.
Their lives were in constant danger. But they knew flesh and blood was never their real enemy.
Re: What If The Early Church Had Prayed That Saul Should Die? by GeniusDavid(m): 6:35am On Mar 28, 2016
callJesu:

Whoever doesn't change as an enemy over your life, don't kill him or her in your prayers because God may still want to have such a person used.. Ask God to arrest their powers whereas you focus MAJORLY on dwelling in the secret place. May be we should all study pslm 91 within its context.

Like I Said, Its either you change or die. You do not spare the devil and his cohorts. you think the devil will ever have a second thought, if he wants to inflict u with problems? You praying that God should destroy every forces that is holding down your life, Is simply judgement on that person, he/she has tampered with someone higher, imagine slapping the son of Dangote? grin Guy your life is over! God always give a second Chance, do u know if "he/she" might have had a first encounter to change but refused? Ex. 22:18 says "Suffer not the witches to live" . He also said He has given us power to thread on snakes and scorpion, The devil is never emotional and soft, if there is anyway to overcome him, you must be equally red hot.
Re: What If The Early Church Had Prayed That Saul Should Die? by SirAfoy1(m): 6:39am On Mar 28, 2016
Saul was not power and principality. nowadays Christians are praying against powers of darkness, not human being. how many time did you see CAN praying against shekau
Re: What If The Early Church Had Prayed That Saul Should Die? by erusen: 7:26am On Mar 28, 2016
Bollinger:

You say the justification for killing the Amelekites was because the did terrible things. So, Saul was a boys scout?
see which Saul are you talking about?, no I said it was because they didn't repent, they couldn't stop fighting the Israelite,they couldn't stop killing their own kids for sacrifice,they wouldn't repent,now which saul arecu talking about
Re: What If The Early Church Had Prayed That Saul Should Die? by callJesu: 8:03am On Mar 28, 2016
GeniusDavid:

Like I Said, Its either you change or die. You do not spare the devil and his cohorts. you think the devil will ever have a second thought, if he wants to inflict u with problems? You praying that God should destroy every forces that is holding down your life, Is simply judgement on that person, he/she has tampered with someone higher, imagine slapping the son of Dangote? grin Guy your life is over! God always give a second Chance, do u know if "he/she" might have had a first encounter to change but refused? Ex. 22:18 says "Suffer not the witches to live" . He also said He has given us power to thread on snakes and scorpion, The devil is never emotional and soft, if there is anyway to overcome him, you must be equally red hot.

You didn't get that Bro.... Our target are not persons but principalities, we were not asked to tread upon your boss if hes not allowing you to move but rather the serpents behind his move. Even the witches you referred to should not be regarded as persons and that is where we fail as Christians. Christ and Paul alike were busy attending to devils and evil strongholds in men and not calling down HOLY GHOST Fire upon men directly, Christians don't wrestle against persons bro.... Besides the church of today has lost focus whereas looking unto Jesus is the ultimate

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

We Can't Celebrate Jesus Enough- Abdulrazaq Hamzat / Pastor Chris Oyakhilome: 'Money Doesn't Give Joy' - (video) / 28-Year-Old Pastor Missing In Onitsha (Photo)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 104
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.