Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,808 members, 7,817,346 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 10:41 AM

What If The Early Church Had Prayed That Saul Should Die? - Religion (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / What If The Early Church Had Prayed That Saul Should Die? (20639 Views)

Daddy Freeze: "I Have Prayed For An Enemy To Die Before, I Won’t Lie" / Couple Welcome 1st Child 10yrs After Wedding After TB Joshua Prayed 4 Them(pics) / "I Prayed That I Would Die"---man Who Was Raped By Priest For Several Months!!! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: What If The Early Church Had Prayed That Saul Should Die? by nairaman66(m): 4:31pm On Mar 27, 2016
crowther15:
Hey man
is like u r against those pastor who collect massive things from their Brethren?
did u knw remember dt pple also sold their land and other properties in d bible in order to sow for God

Yes, they gave willingly and weren't pressured!
Re: What If The Early Church Had Prayed That Saul Should Die? by searay(m): 4:31pm On Mar 27, 2016
mikaael:

u might even be ur own enemy...
Lols. Bros I don't pray this kind prayer ooo. Na play oo
Re: What If The Early Church Had Prayed That Saul Should Die? by Nobody: 4:39pm On Mar 27, 2016
dafil22:
I think the enemies being prayed against by most churches is d force or power of evil not a particular human,cos d common enemy of man is the devil. Dts my tot anyway
yes, i agree with you. it was that for a while but later it all shifted to neighbors,colleagues and the likes, maybe as the economic situation worsens. i remember olukoya cleared that to die meant to kill the activities of evil powers. but today, lots more ministers actually want to see a known person to physically die which to me is not the spirit of Christ.

1 Like

Re: What If The Early Church Had Prayed That Saul Should Die? by HeavenTree: 4:39pm On Mar 27, 2016
Make you write wetin u know before witchcraft land for your head o. One popular musician was busy praying OH lord give my enemy peace, until one day, the enemy gave him warning by pushing into a big gutter.Guess what? D guy change him prayer to Powers assign to disgrace me, Die. And you know what, the guy had peace from thence. You know what,if a witch is living beside you, in your backyard and in front of you, a witch cooking your food, witch is your HOD, guess what, keep praying for the powers to live. And for your info. Powers do not have mercy, that was why scripture said, SUFFER NOT A WITCH TO LIVE..they will kill you if you don't kill them.

1 Like

Re: What If The Early Church Had Prayed That Saul Should Die? by Nobody: 4:42pm On Mar 27, 2016
OP what you don't really understood what it means for your enemies to die. Who is/are your enemy(ies). To start with, human being is not your enemy but the spirit behind the motive of your enemy is what you are praying against. For instance, there are enemies within you that can hinder your progress like laziness, procrastination, anger, pride etc
So if you pray against those enemies will you die? 2 Corinthians 10:4-5 says the weapon of our warfare are not carnal....
It is sin to pray against human being but out of ignorance of so called Christians praying against their fellow human beings

1 Like

Re: What If The Early Church Had Prayed That Saul Should Die? by kenyguy(m): 4:45pm On Mar 27, 2016
nairaman66:
Thanks @OP..

This shows how Christianity has evolved to a money making scheme all in the name of the bible. Its sad how some pastors fine tune the brains of their brethren to create the impressions that there is someone troubling you from the village just to milk them dry. When Jesus Christ came into the world more than 2,000 years ago- He never asked anyone to sell his/her land or car nor any personal belongings in other to be saved!

Pastors these days are heartless, insensitive, myopic and dysfunctional to the truth about what the bible says about how to attain Christendom and righteousness! We can only watch and pray and hopefully the evil ones would be exposed in due time!!

I am sorry for diverging.., just sad about what the Church have become in recent times!
Your on the right track this guys is reaping us off. But come to think of it, if your own pastor tells you to sell your property will you do that? If you can't then keep spreading this knowledge.
Thank You!!!
Re: What If The Early Church Had Prayed That Saul Should Die? by newggce: 4:49pm On Mar 27, 2016
Please Read Psalm 105:14
Re: What If The Early Church Had Prayed That Saul Should Die? by Achorise: 4:54pm On Mar 27, 2016
some of you here are opening your mouth to voice out rubbish,cos you have not fallen into temptation,just pray non of you here falls into life threatening temptation,you wouldn't know when you pray for death of your enemies.

Many have gone unfulfilled becos someone cut their destiny short.many will still go this year,cos of ignorance.

When the jews saw James was killed,it pleased them,So they took peter ,but when the church prayed,peter was released and God killed Herod.

The bible said,and there was peace for the Christians.
Some people need to go for you to fulfill your course in life.
But,allow God do whatever he wants.
Some need change of heart,but those who has vowed never to let you go,whose heart is filled with unrepentant heart and wickedness,ask God to help you take care of them,if he decides to delete them,it's not your business.

1 Like

Re: What If The Early Church Had Prayed That Saul Should Die? by noblegrex: 4:58pm On Mar 27, 2016
That's not an excuse for unrepentant Enemy.if you're an ENEMY to someone you had Better change before the fire gets to you.I can't remember David praying for his enemies. You're not in the position to pass such judgement man.leave that to God to handle... Besides,no one knows.it just might be their prayers that led him to GOD.But God had mercy instead.
Re: What If The Early Church Had Prayed That Saul Should Die? by desto50(m): 5:00pm On Mar 27, 2016
EMMAUGOH:
go and ask Dr. D. K. Olukoya , He is the only one that can answer your question
watin dae worry dis one,y u go dae mention he name abi na only him be pastor 4 9ja angry angry
Re: What If The Early Church Had Prayed That Saul Should Die? by Nobody: 5:00pm On Mar 27, 2016
nnamdiosu:

bro. ...flesh and blood did not reveal that to you. God bless you .
Also, the devil cannot die, he is awaiting a final judgement in the lake of fire. the die can be replaced with cut off/block/scatter,destroy strongholds,activities etc.
Re: What If The Early Church Had Prayed That Saul Should Die? by Sparkle777(f): 5:05pm On Mar 27, 2016
@ op. Would u like to be Stephen? I pray that those dat concurred should be Stephen. undecided
Re: What If The Early Church Had Prayed That Saul Should Die? by derecho(m): 5:07pm On Mar 27, 2016
Bros,any prayer prayed will be decided by God.He refuses to answer when we pray amiss.
Every true Christian who understands the bible will never pray like that because he or she knows that"all that live godly in Christ Jesus must suffer persecution"
And makes you feel if Paul had died that Heaven doesn't have a replacement?
asalimpo:
if todays's christians were the one's being persecuted by Saul of tarsus, what would be their prayer?
"All those persecuting fall down and die - by fire by force"

If such a prayer were answered, I dont think even the church would know how great its loss would be.
They'd be rejoicing that their enemy is gone, but in God's eyes a big tear drop would be forming..

Sometimes not all enemies need to die for us to make progress.
And our making progress isnt the best objective of all , bu the advancement of God's kingdom.

God's kingdom, not our kingdom (our peace, prosperity, well being) , should be the highest priority.

Thank God, saul lived to repent and become what he eventually became - a firebrand for God. An eclipse,
that made all other apostles before him look like kindergaten kids in the things of God!!
Re: What If The Early Church Had Prayed That Saul Should Die? by Topgainer: 5:14pm On Mar 27, 2016
Any Pastor who is in the habit of threatening people/ invoking curses and taking pride in the fact that his curses work should be watched closely.

Most Prophets/ Sorcerers that ask for names of your enemies to be killed by their prayers are products of 6th and 7th books of Moses. They practice hybrid Christianity choosing the Torah (which God has since left) over the work of Grace and Love
They have a lot in common with native doctors, they get paid to kill, steal and destroy. All those prophets live by deception
Fools put their trust in them and get disappointed in summary

1 Like

Re: What If The Early Church Had Prayed That Saul Should Die? by Nobody: 5:15pm On Mar 27, 2016
You see guys ignorance is a disease and if not quickly attended to can lead to death. The bible says my people perish because they lack knowledge.

people say all sort of things about mfm doctrines and our prayers yet they come running there for deliverance. when Jesus said love your enemies, He wasn't talking about our spiritual enemies but physical enemies, and not forces of darkness. May I educate you that this same Saul of Tarsus now Paul that we talk about, Said in Ephesians 6:12 and I quote: for we wrestle not against flesh and blood, but against principalities, against powers against rulers of darkness of this world, against spiritual wickedness in high places.

A principality sometimes could be a man. Pharaoh was a principality, I'm sure u read that in ur bible, and until he was killed the Israelites could not possess their promise land. Uzziah was a principality and until he died Isaiah could not see God. Senacherib was a principality, Herod was a principality and until he died Jesus Christ could not be brought back to his Place of birth.

Our fight is a spiritual one we don't pray that human beings should die just because they don't like us. But once they've become an enemy of God, they become our enemies. need I remind you that God also hates his enemies? read ur psalm 68:1-3 very well. Now going back to Saul of Tarsus he was a physical enemy and he was doing what he thought was right so the church had no business with him and if mountain of fire was around then they wouldnt have done anything against him.

In mountain of fire we don't say people should die, we pray against altars, powers, principalities wickedness in high places and all powers of darkness. it is misinformation that makes people say we pray against people, no we don't. But we pray against the aforementioned set of groups and powers behind such problems or situations.

I'm very sure that such powers are messing up some people's destinies but they are not doing anything because of their ignorance, or because of their wrong beliefs and assumptions. So our prayers and doctrines are deeply rooted in the bible. Go and study your bible very well and you will see. And by the way, Did you know that Paul the Apostle prayed that Elymas the sorcerer should go blind because he was obstructing the gospel? May the Holy Spirit lead you to every truth. Amen
Re: What If The Early Church Had Prayed That Saul Should Die? by derecho(m): 5:17pm On Mar 27, 2016
payek:
Also, the devil cannot die, he is awaiting a final judgement in the lake of fire. the die can be replaced with cut off/block/scatter,destroy strongholds,activities etc.
be destroyed is even worse.
Something wey die fit resurrect
Re: What If The Early Church Had Prayed That Saul Should Die? by derecho(m): 5:23pm On Mar 27, 2016
Bros comot uzziah from the list,he started with God but pride and over-familiarity with the things of God set in
Peter also told Barjesus,thy money perish with you..
Fumade:
You see guys ignorance is a disease and if not quickly attended to can lead to death. The bible says my people perish because they lack knowledge.

people say all sort of things about mfm doctrines and our prayers yet they come running there for deliverance. when Jesus said love your enemies, He wasn't talking about our spiritual enemies but physical enemies, and not forces of darkness. May I educate you that this same Saul of Tarsus now Paul that we talk about, Said in Ephesians 6:12 and I quote: for we wrestle not against flesh and blood, but against principalities, against powers against rulers of darkness of this world, against spiritual wickedness in high places.

A principality sometimes could be a man. Pharaoh was a principality, I'm sure u read that in ur bible, and until he was killed the Israelites could not possess their promise land. Uzziah was a principality and until he died Isaiah could not see God. Senacherib was a principality, Herod was a principality and until he died Jesus Christ could not be brought back to his Place of birth.

Our fight is a spiritual one we don't pray that human beings should die just because they don't like us. But once they've become an enemy of God, they become our enemies. need I remind you that God also hates his enemies? read ur psalm 68:1-3 very well. Now going back to Saul of Tarsus he was a physical enemy and he was doing what he thought was right so the church had no business with him and if mountain of fire was around then they wouldnt have done anything against him.

In mountain of fire we don't say people should die, we pray against altars, powers, principalities wickedness in high places and all powers of darkness. it is misinformation that makes people say we pray against people, no we don't. But we pray against the aforementioned set of groups and powers behind such problems or situations.

I'm very sure that such powers are messing up some people's destinies but they are not doing anything because of their ignorance, or because of their wrong beliefs and assumptions. So our prayers and doctrines are deeply rooted in the bible. Go and study your bible very well and you will see. And by the way, Did you know that Paul the Apostle prayed that Elymas the sorcerer should go blind because he was obstructing the gospel? May the Holy Spirit lead you to every truth. Amen
Re: What If The Early Church Had Prayed That Saul Should Die? by Nobody: 5:25pm On Mar 27, 2016
nukky77:
Op, how about d spiritual enemies that attacks our life with sickness, death, poverty and so on, should we also pray for them to repent? I could remember vividly when I was attack with unknown sickness, been to different hospital still no result, not until I conduct a serious Die By Fire Prayer hence I recovered immediately, also thy word of God says "suffer not the witch to live"
a witch will live in the new covenant.Christ will only cast out the spirit and allow her to go.remember the woman caught in adultry who should have been stoned to death according to the law...just thinking if that law holds today, hundreds of people will die daily in nigeria.
Re: What If The Early Church Had Prayed That Saul Should Die? by Nobody: 5:29pm On Mar 27, 2016
Thank you for that post, people are really misinformed anything, powers, or Persons attacking your spiritual welfare is an enemy of the kingdom of God in ur life. The bible says I wish above all things that thou mayest prosper and be in good health even as thy soul prospereth. Anything, man, demon or power that works against that must be taken out of your way. people should study their bibles well.
Re: What If The Early Church Had Prayed That Saul Should Die? by derecho(m): 5:29pm On Mar 27, 2016
payek:
a witch will live in the new covenant.Christ will only cast out the spirit and allow her to go.remember the woman caught in adultry who should have been stoned to death according to the law...just thinking if that law holds today, hundreds of people will die daily in nigeria.
Na witch wey ready o
Re: What If The Early Church Had Prayed That Saul Should Die? by shine12: 5:30pm On Mar 27, 2016
Such prayers are mere doctrines of particular churches and if care is not taken they can be contrary to true Christianity.
Jesus preached pray for your enemies.We can pray that whatever they do to never reach us after all that's the Lord's prayer which says deliver us from evil.
But to say someone else should die because they are stopping you from achieving a mere earthly gain like building a house is totally unchristlike.

1 Like

Re: What If The Early Church Had Prayed That Saul Should Die? by Montaque(m): 5:32pm On Mar 27, 2016
Great idea.
Your progress isn't the ultimate goal, it's rather the advancement of the kingdom of God

1 Like

Re: What If The Early Church Had Prayed That Saul Should Die? by derecho(m): 5:43pm On Mar 27, 2016
Montaque:
Great idea.
Your progress isn't the ultimate goal, it's rather the advancement of the kingdom of God
Remember,The kingdom of God includes your righteousness,peace and joy in the holyghost.Moreover,God will use you to advance His Kingdom.
Re: What If The Early Church Had Prayed That Saul Should Die? by Montaque(m): 5:48pm On Mar 27, 2016
derecho:
Remember,The kingdom of God includes your righteousness,peace and joy in the holyghost.Moreover,God will use you to advance His Kingdom.
There are things inside u (parental traits) that hinder that too? How about you making that prayer and dying the next minute.
It's only when pastor shout that ur enemy will die that the congregation will shout a louder Amen.
One even came to give testimony of how his uncle died after such prayers. These are souls who could have been converted, rather we kill them in our vengeance Pray3r; vengeance is mine, so says the lord
Re: What If The Early Church Had Prayed That Saul Should Die? by Nobody: 5:58pm On Mar 27, 2016
shine12:
Such prayers are mere doctrines of particular churches and if care is not taken they can be contrary to true Christianity.
Jesus preached pray for your enemies.We can pray that whatever they do to never reach us after all that's the Lord's prayer which says deliver us from evil.
But to say someone else should die because they are stopping you from achieving a mere earthly gain like building a house is totally unchristlike.

Why didn't Jesus pray for the devil when he tempted him?
Re: What If The Early Church Had Prayed That Saul Should Die? by ndcide(m): 6:08pm On Mar 27, 2016
Asalimpo, and those who agree with his point are not wrong but are speaking from the point of low understanding or self inflicted delusion or are many of those who don't have a good prayer life but want to make church arguments or among some of the likes I've met who have occult influence and want to take charge of their environment by saying things like this.

Question

-what are your enemies How do you define it/them.

If you truly answer this question you'll be able to deal with the idea. But if you don't, you could go on with your thoughts, enjoy yourself.

Next, God have given you authority over serpents and scorpions, what ever you allow on earth is allowed in heaven, what ever you stop on earth is stopped in heaven. (Matthew 16:19).

Question
- if an infirmity / affliction is an enemy (don't know how you define it) what will you do.

Allow it or stop it? Even if it's in human form.

I'm not going to tress this issue because I don't want to convince anyone. I honestly don't want.

The present day level of satanic influence in the activities of mankind is in its highest dimensions ever

The occult world hate antagonism. They don't even want you to pray against them/it. They want to manipulate untimely deaths here and there and be scientific about it, take control of their environments whilst the princes and children of Abraham walk on foot as said in the error preached in Eclesiastics 10:7; They operate everywhere both in churches work place, highways etc. If you don't pray aggressively against satanic operations and stopping them through Divine instructions and angelic assistance, you are on your own.

Who says threads like this may not be a form of manipulation. I may be wrong but I've see thread here that if you click on it and view the pictures or video something leaves you.

No one should quote me, I'm not interested in any back and forth.

1 Like

Re: What If The Early Church Had Prayed That Saul Should Die? by ayodara77(f): 6:16pm On Mar 27, 2016
I can see many babies and unbroken xtians here, if you Dont pray for your enemy to die and your destiny is to be a dangote with many pple feeding through you and fulfilling their destiny through you if you allow d enemy to kill you you will hardly make heaven and even if you do you will get serious queries. i know this by revelation. if d enemy hold you back from getting married till 50 or start killing your children one by one or break your marriage nobody will tell you to pray die. note that God is d one dat raise deliverance churches because there is a need for it and God is answering that prayer daily, you need thear testimonies, d powers of your family does not give up or pity you , they will stop you if you dont stop them. they dont havr to die if they repent but some will not. this is Africa, even our Lord Jesus had to do serious fasting and prayer and also overcomr d temptation of d devil before he could start and succeed in His ministry which is his destiny.
Re: What If The Early Church Had Prayed That Saul Should Die? by LEXYCOM: 6:25pm On Mar 27, 2016
The early church prayed that saul should die but God did not answer their prayers because God knew Paul with be a usable vessel to Him
Re: What If The Early Church Had Prayed That Saul Should Die? by VictorRomanov: 6:25pm On Mar 27, 2016
martyns303:

Guy I understand your point but it doesn't hold. Early Christians made far worst, but let me start from the old testament.

1. A prophet prayed that wild animal should devour children and it happened.

Name one Christian that prayed for an enemy to die because he persecuted them

I don't mean old prophets in the old testament. I mean christians, followers of Christ.

1 Like

Re: What If The Early Church Had Prayed That Saul Should Die? by femi4: 6:27pm On Mar 27, 2016
martyns303:

Guy I understand your point but it doesn't hold. Early Christians made far worst, but let me start from the old testament.

1. A prophet prayed that wild animal should devour children and it happened.
Christian = Christ followers.

No early Christian in the old testament, what we had were God's servants
Re: What If The Early Church Had Prayed That Saul Should Die? by viktor01(m): 6:29pm On Mar 27, 2016
Just as the heavens are far above the earth, so are His ways from ours.
We pray and receive not cause we pray amiss.
Re: What If The Early Church Had Prayed That Saul Should Die? by nairaman66(m): 6:29pm On Mar 27, 2016
Varagous:

Do pastors actually ask people to give their possessions to be saved? Really?

Yes!! Don't tell me you haven't had or seen someone with these experience.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

The First Shall Be Last And The Last Shall Be First / Does God Answer The Prayers Of Virgins Speedily? / We Can't Celebrate Jesus Enough- Abdulrazaq Hamzat

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 77
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.