Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,495 members, 7,819,808 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 12:13 AM

What If The Early Church Had Prayed That Saul Should Die? - Religion (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / What If The Early Church Had Prayed That Saul Should Die? (20645 Views)

Daddy Freeze: "I Have Prayed For An Enemy To Die Before, I Won’t Lie" / Couple Welcome 1st Child 10yrs After Wedding After TB Joshua Prayed 4 Them(pics) / "I Prayed That I Would Die"---man Who Was Raped By Priest For Several Months!!! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: What If The Early Church Had Prayed That Saul Should Die? by VictorRomanov: 6:30pm On Mar 27, 2016
ayodara77:
I can see many babies and unbroken xtians here, if you Dont pray for your enemy to die and your destiny is to be a dangote with many pple feeding through you and fulfilling their destiny through you if you allow d enemy to kill you you will hardly make heaven and even if you do you will get serious queries. i know this by revelation. if d enemy hold you back from getting married till 50 or start killing your children one by one or break your marriage nobody will tell you to pray die. note that God is d one dat raise deliverance churches because there is a need for it and God is answering that prayer daily, you need thear testimonies, d powers of your family does not give up or pity you , they will stop you if you dont stop them. they dont havr to die if they repent but some will not. this is Africa, even our Lord Jesus had to do serious fasting and prayer and also overcomr d temptation of d devil before he could start and succeed in His ministry which is his destiny.

You re just stating your own opinion, which has nothing to do with either Jesus or his disciples taught. Cos u re more concerned with the basest necessities of man that's why u re focused on which enemy is fighting you. How many times did you see Jesus or his disciples preach about or conduct deliverances services for someone to marry before 50 yrs or even have much wealth?

Its not for nothing we all have bibles!

1 Like

Re: What If The Early Church Had Prayed That Saul Should Die? by femi4: 6:31pm On Mar 27, 2016
LEXYCOM:
The early church prayed that saul should die but God did not answer their prayers because God knew Paul with be a usable vessel to Him
scripture?
Re: What If The Early Church Had Prayed That Saul Should Die? by chrystalC(m): 6:45pm On Mar 27, 2016
nairaman66:
Thanks @OP..

This shows how Christianity has evolved to a money making scheme all in the name of the bible. Its sad how some pastors fine tune the brains of their brethren to create the impressions that there is someone troubling you from the village just to milk them dry. When Jesus Christ came into the world more than 2,000 years ago- He never asked anyone to sell his/her land or car nor any personal belongings in other to be saved!

Pastors these days are heartless, insensitive, myopic and dysfunctional to the truth about what the bible says about how to attain Christendom and righteousness! We can only watch and pray and hopefully the evil ones would be exposed in due time!!

I am sorry for diverging.., just sad about what the Church have become in recent times!

Not that m tryna argue wif yhu or sumfin, buh wah about d rich man Jesus told to sell all his proceeds in the bible?..
Re: What If The Early Church Had Prayed That Saul Should Die? by iffedayur(m): 6:47pm On Mar 27, 2016
TimiBlogger:
All things work to get her for good, if to say him die another person for rise... Shikena

God does not just substitute things. It's Paul's mission. The simple truth; the early Church showed us how to love one another.
Re: What If The Early Church Had Prayed That Saul Should Die? by iffedayur(m): 6:49pm On Mar 27, 2016
[quote author=Holluwatarhyor post=44158097] You all have misunderstood the whole thing,there are different kind of enemies,there are those that just envy you,I can't tell that type of enemy to die.But should in any case an enemy swear I'll never make it while he or she is still alive,then what is he or she still waiting for on earth,because I'm already making it
Then what on earth did you want Joseph to do?
Re: What If The Early Church Had Prayed That Saul Should Die? by AreaFada2: 6:57pm On Mar 27, 2016
Sunnycliff:
Don't mind all these prayers borne out of unsanctified hearts. The Truth is that even the answers don't come. The so called enemies may not have given a thought about your existence, just a mere figment of ones imaginations.

Such prayers are carnal and often a product of wickedness of the heart. If one can see hell by revelation you dare not wish death for Ur so called enemy but a divine touch of God.

Luke 9:54 And when his disciples James and John saw this, they said, Lord, wilt thou that we command fire to come down from heaven, and consume them, even as Elias did? 9:55 But he turned, and rebuked them, and said, Ye know not what manner of spirit ye are of. 9:56 For the Son of man is not come to destroy men's lives, but to save them. And they went to another village.

Romans 12:20 Therefore if thine enemy hunger, feed him; if he thirst, give him drink: for in so doing thou shalt heap coals of fire on his head.
Matthew 5:44 But I say unto you, Love your enemies, bless them that curse you, do good to them that hate you, and pray for them which despitefully use you, and persecute you;
Luke 6:28 Bless them that curse you, and pray for them which despitefully use you.
I wonder o. In this world that everyone is struggling to make a living. How many people get time to busy themselves with being on your matter as an enemy? Who send anybody?

The common enemy is poverty, hard life, insecurity, joblessness, crime & in some places, lack of electricity & fuel. cheesy grin

1 Like 1 Share

Re: What If The Early Church Had Prayed That Saul Should Die? by Minemrys: 7:02pm On Mar 27, 2016
asalimpo:
if todays's christians were the one's being persecuted by Saul of tarsus, what would be their prayer?
"All those persecuting fall down and die - by fire by force"

If such a prayer were answered, I dont think even the church would know how great its loss would be.
They'd be rejoicing that their enemy is gone, but in God's eyes a big tear drop would be forming..

Sometimes not all enemies need to die for us to make progress.
And our making progress isnt the best objective of all , bu the advancement of God's kingdom.

God's kingdom, not our kingdom (our peace, prosperity, well being) , should be the highest priority.

Thank God, saul lived to repent and become what he eventually became - a firebrand for God. An eclipse,
that made all other apostles before him look like kindergaten kids in the things of God!!
atleast if saul as in paul had died, there wouldn't have been xtainity atleast n0t in the way we kn0w it. Can you imagine how many jesus' doctrines that he paganised for the r0mans and the world?
Re: What If The Early Church Had Prayed That Saul Should Die? by brojoshua: 7:21pm On Mar 27, 2016
In fact many end time churches are outside there nowadays
Re: What If The Early Church Had Prayed That Saul Should Die? by shine12: 7:28pm On Mar 27, 2016
ZoboKunu:

Why didn't Jesus pray for the devil when he tempted him?

The devil will never changed as He's destined for he'll but that colleague at work who's your enemy can chnage.
Sometimes people's family are even the enemy so when you pray for them to die you are asking your sister/brother to die.
Re: What If The Early Church Had Prayed That Saul Should Die? by Nobody: 7:30pm On Mar 27, 2016
OP, that mentality of "bad people could change and become better" is not always applicable to Africans especially Nigerians. We are too wicked. Even in the bible, a particular chapter tells us that some people came together to make oath that they won't eat or drink until they kill a particular prophet of God. (Can't remember his name but look up new testament) How do you judge those people ? These days, there are evil people like that destroying lives. I see no reason we shouldn't pray for their death because they will never change.
Re: What If The Early Church Had Prayed That Saul Should Die? by derecho(m): 7:37pm On Mar 27, 2016
Montaque:

There are things inside u (parental traits) that hinder that too? How about you making that prayer and dying the next minute.
It's only when pastor shout that ur enemy will die that the congregation will shout a louder Amen.
One even came to give testimony of how his uncle died after such prayers. These are souls who could have been converted, rather we kill them in our vengeance Pray3r; vengeance is mine, so says the lord
My bros,if God answered it, who are we to question Him?
Re: What If The Early Church Had Prayed That Saul Should Die? by Nobody: 7:39pm On Mar 27, 2016
shine12:

The devil will never changed as He's destined for he'll but that colleague at work who's your enemy can chnage.
Sometimes people's family are even the enemy so when you pray for them to die you are asking your sister/brother to die.

What if your colleague is an occultist and he wants to kill you.
Re: What If The Early Church Had Prayed That Saul Should Die? by shine12: 7:40pm On Mar 27, 2016
ZoboKunu:

Why didn't Jesus pray for the devil when he tempted him?

It's the devil that makes people evil.Sin brought condemnation. There is no man that is immune to carrying out evil,that's why we need God's grace daily.
The prayer; deliver us from evil is not only deliver you from an evil person but also deliver you from being possessed to do evil.

My brother, evil is not only when someone wants to "change your destiny or stop you from getting there".If you've lied to a girl before and sleep with her,if you've done yahoo yahoo before,if you've stolen before,you've done evil.

Popular African Christian doctrine have made us to think evil is only the witch evil that wants to kill you.We all need to be cleansed and sanctified and be delivered from being capable of doing evil and then from evil reaching us.That's why as Christians we need to pray for our brothers and sisters even when we've just heard that they gossiped about us.

See Christianity is not some cheap fantasy out of a book experience,it's the way of the cross and self denial.

Christ said in Matthew what use is it If you only wish well only the people who wish you well, even the normal unbelieving terrorist will do that.So praying and wishing for the death of an "enemy" is the same thing an unbeliever will do.

I can go on and on about this but I'll stop here.

Shalom!!
Re: What If The Early Church Had Prayed That Saul Should Die? by martineinstein(m): 7:46pm On Mar 27, 2016
EmperorMGI:
They would have simply lost the Ministry of Apostle Paul....
BTW,pls can i create a thread on NL? ....Abeg make una answer me. Thanks
of course, if it's front page worthy
Re: What If The Early Church Had Prayed That Saul Should Die? by shine12: 7:54pm On Mar 27, 2016
ZoboKunu:

What if your colleague is an occultist and he wants to kill you.

If you believe that it's God's power that will kill the person then the same power can stop the person from killing you(It's just the human nature to want revenge,the only way out is not for the person to die) the way He stopped Paul from getting to Damascus.Paul could have done great damage that night.

You see bro,I truly believe that this world maximum length is about 120yrs, then every thing we've built apart from God's kingdom turns to vanity.God will judge every single person that did wickedness and died unrepentant.

In Jesus words,don't fear him that can only kill the flesh but fear him that can kill the flesh and throw the spirit in hell.

ALL men could do to people like Che Guvera,JFK,Fela,Ghandi,MLK,Abiola,Malcolm X is to kill them but they couldn't kill their soul and God will judge the killers.

The questions is if a person lived till 120 yrs old or gets killed at a young age like Jesus,John,Peter etc is there a crown waiting for you in Heaven.Stephen was killed for the gospel sake because God allowed Him to come up early.No man can kill you before your time.What about all the wars God fought for you without you knowing about it.
Re: What If The Early Church Had Prayed That Saul Should Die? by Nobody: 8:06pm On Mar 27, 2016
op, ur post is wonderful. take a trip to mountain of fire and see. all d churches we have are filled with hypocrites...save the orthodox churches....all others, ALL OTHERS are hypocrites
Re: What If The Early Church Had Prayed That Saul Should Die? by asalimpo(m): 8:13pm On Mar 27, 2016
Minemrys:

atleast if saul as in paul had died, there wouldn't have been xtainity atleast n0t in the way we kn0w it. Can you imagine how many jesus' doctrines that he paganised for the r0mans and the world?
Oh, yeah, enlighten us.
The book of romans , which he wrote, is the cornerstone book of the faith movement.
Think of Winner's chapel, christ embassy , kenneth hagin, kenneth copeland - they're ministries
got strong boost from the book of Romans and paul.
Re: What If The Early Church Had Prayed That Saul Should Die? by miqos02(m): 8:15pm On Mar 27, 2016
TimiBlogger:
All things work to get her for good, if to say him die another person for rise... Shikena
ir whatsapp no
Re: What If The Early Church Had Prayed That Saul Should Die? by Nobody: 8:16pm On Mar 27, 2016
lekjons:
hm.. i belived that's why most prayers were'nt answered..

if such prayers're answered nobody will be alive today!

imagine Nokia praying that anyone/thing obstructing their path to greater success to perish.. where will iphone, samsung be today.. or samsung saying the same prayer where will mediatek chipset phones(tecno, infinix, itel...)

don't curse your enemy just pray for your own success.. and besides, you're someone's enemy too..

I have a question for you ,did Jesus gave us prayer point for our enemies?
Re: What If The Early Church Had Prayed That Saul Should Die? by miqos02(m): 8:17pm On Mar 27, 2016
dafil22:
I think d enemies being prayed against by most churches is d force or power of evil not a particular human,cos d common enemy of man is the devil. Dts my tot anyway
those force/power can not die because they are spirits, jesus did not killed any, he sent them out

1 Like

Re: What If The Early Church Had Prayed That Saul Should Die? by miqos02(m): 8:18pm On Mar 27, 2016
martyns303:

Guy I understand your point but it doesn't hold. Early Christians made far worst, but let me start from the old testament.

1. A prophet prayed that wild animal should devour children and it happened.
those children are not enemies but disrespectful, calling an elder bald headed, he only did that to teach a lesson
Re: What If The Early Church Had Prayed That Saul Should Die? by Nobody: 8:19pm On Mar 27, 2016
Pennyways:
one of the reasons I respected and love the orthodox churches so much, there they preaches love, services to humanity and forgiveness, not vengance.
Dem don change oh especially as wickedness has increased now. They now conduct deliverance by shouting fire! fire!! fire!!!
Re: What If The Early Church Had Prayed That Saul Should Die? by PROPHETmichael: 8:19pm On Mar 27, 2016
asalimpo:
if todays's christians were the one's being persecuted by Saul of tarsus, what would be their prayer?
"All those persecuting fall down and die - by fire by force"

If such a prayer were answered, I dont think even the church would know how great its loss would be.
They'd be rejoicing that their enemy is gone, but in God's eyes a big tear drop would be forming..

Sometimes not all enemies need to die for us to make progress.
And our making progress isnt the best objective of all , bu the advancement of God's kingdom.

God's kingdom, not our kingdom (our peace, prosperity, well being) , should be the highest priority.

Thank God, saul lived to repent and become what he eventually became - a firebrand for God. An eclipse,
that made all other apostles before him look like kindergaten kids in the things of God!!

OP
Don’t you know what Scripture says in the passage about Elijah—how he appealed to God against Israel: “Lord, they have killed your prophets and torn down your altars; I am the only one left, and they are trying to kill me” And what was God’s answer to him? “I have reserved for myself seven thousand who have not bowed the knee to Baal.
Elijah had thought he's the only one left and pride was beginning to set into his life but God had to remind him that he has 7000 of his kind that hasn't bowed down to Baal; in other words 7000 replacements for Elijah, how much more a mere mortal like Saul who stood on the way of the gospel? God does not take it kindly with anyone who try to stand on the way against the advancement of the gospel to the extent he vowed I WILL BUILD MY CHURCH AND THE GATE OF HELL SHALL NOT PREVAIL. First, he will give you a chance to repent but if you refuse and continue to do anyhow, you see anyhow.
Re: What If The Early Church Had Prayed That Saul Should Die? by Nobody: 8:20pm On Mar 27, 2016
Adewummy007:
God is not an assassin. Such prayers will never be answer
Who told? He's a consuming fire if you don't know.
Re: What If The Early Church Had Prayed That Saul Should Die? by asalimpo(m): 8:21pm On Mar 27, 2016
Sparkle777:
@ op. Would u like to be Stephen? I pray that those dat concurred should be Stephen. undecided
But this is what christianity is all about, giving your life for the glory of God or for others.
In a way, Stephen death, paved the way for Saul conversion. Stephen's life was like an exchange somehow for Saul's redemption.
Yet, God didnt prevent stephen's death. He watched on!!

How many christians will accept the fact that they could lose their lives for the sake of the gospel and accept it? It's all owing to this theology of abundant life , now on earth!!

However, poverty, sickness and curses are not part of the deal but persecution is and it could lead to matyrdom. Loss of property, loss of assets.
Re: What If The Early Church Had Prayed That Saul Should Die? by nairaman66(m): 8:23pm On Mar 27, 2016
chrystalC:

Not that m tryna argue wif yhu or sumfin, buh wah about d rich man Jesus told to sell all his proceeds in the bible?..

This was basically a partable, not literally Jesus said he should. Jesus means he should leave everything behind and give back to the community!
Re: What If The Early Church Had Prayed That Saul Should Die? by Sparkle777(f): 8:35pm On Mar 27, 2016
asalimpo:

But this is what christianity is all about, giving your life for the glory of God or for others.
In a way, Stephen death, paved the way for Saul conversion. Stephen's life was like an exchange somehow for Saul's redemption.
Yet, God didnt prevent stephen's death. He watched on!!

How many christians will accept the fact that they could lose their lives for the sake of the gospel and accept it? It's all owing to this theology of abundant life , now on earth!!

However, poverty, sickness and curses are not part of the deal but persecution is and it could lead to matyrdom. Loss of property, loss of assets.

Hahahahahah. Abeg I no wan laff. So Jesus s death never do una, na to join ur own put. Hmmm, anyway. U can die for others then. As for me, I ll live to enjoy and declare the works of the Lord. The Blood of Jesus is enuff for me. Any person dat wanna embitter my life should die die die die die die.....
Re: What If The Early Church Had Prayed That Saul Should Die? by Maximus85(m): 8:43pm On Mar 27, 2016
Mountain of faya. Unar dey hear. Everything na die die die. Choi
Re: What If The Early Church Had Prayed That Saul Should Die? by asalimpo(m): 9:07pm On Mar 27, 2016
ayodara77:
I can see many babies and unbroken xtians here, if you Dont pray for your enemy to die and your destiny is to be a dangote with many pple feeding through you and fulfilling their destiny through you if you allow d enemy to kill you you will hardly make heaven and even if you do you will get serious queries. i know this by revelation. if d enemy hold you back from getting married till 50 or start killing your children one by one or break your marriage nobody will tell you to pray die. note that God is d one dat raise deliverance churches because there is a need for it and God is answering that prayer daily, you need thear testimonies, d powers of your family does not give up or pity you , they will stop you if you dont stop them. they dont havr to die if they repent but some will not. this is Africa, even our Lord Jesus had to do serious fasting and prayer and also overcomr d temptation of d devil before he could start and succeed in His ministry which is his destiny.

Jesus could have set an example for us by praying against His physical enemies but He didnt.
At a point they tried to push Him over the brow of a hill to His death.
When the soldiers came to capture him, He healed the cut-off ear of one of them.
Paul, could have set an example too. His ministry was dogged by haters.
He was stoned within inches of his life and left for dead.
He was imprisoned. Yet, when God miraculously , visited him in prison, He didnt let the jailer kill himself.
His mercy on the jailer resulted in the jailers family becoming saved.
Which had the most impact, a jailer dying and going to hell or satan losing one of his instruments to the kingdom of God. How did satan feel when the jailer, he had used before, vanished from his grasp.

Jesus fulfilled his ministry inspite of his enemies. So did paul.
I think this kinds of prayers fill the christians with hate and bitterness which can work against them.
Overtime, their thoughts and responses become toxic and they begin to rejoice in the downfall of even
their fellow brothers.
They become quick to threaten you with curses. The become slow to forgive and harbour grudges.
Re: What If The Early Church Had Prayed That Saul Should Die? by zynzyn(m): 9:11pm On Mar 27, 2016
No mind dem at all o!
Re: What If The Early Church Had Prayed That Saul Should Die? by Nobody: 9:18pm On Mar 27, 2016
Christianity is not bread and butter. Who slew Ananias and Saphirra? Who slew Herod who had persistently persecuted the early church? Too many unlearned carnally inspired teachers in the Christian section selling shallow epistles. Excuse me, let me remind you that it is our duty to pray. GOD answers according to His will.
Finally I'd like to advise those of you from good families to shut up and be grateful instead telling others who are not so fortunate to stop engaging in warfare prayers.
Re: What If The Early Church Had Prayed That Saul Should Die? by jossyphobia(m): 9:32pm On Mar 27, 2016
Christian of nowadays too don't fight back because still we did nothing about bokoharam. Obviously that how we taught.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

The First Shall Be Last And The Last Shall Be First / We Can't Celebrate Jesus Enough- Abdulrazaq Hamzat / Pastor Chris Oyakhilome: 'Money Doesn't Give Joy' - (video)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 82
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.