Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,301 members, 7,811,897 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 10:36 PM

Presidency Counters Tinubu On Kachikwu, Fuel Scarcity - Politics (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Presidency Counters Tinubu On Kachikwu, Fuel Scarcity (33537 Views)

Bola Tinubu On Condolence Visit To Bisi Akande Over The Death Of His Wife (Pics) / Fayose Congratulates Tinubu On His 65th Birthday (VIDEO) / Kachikwu: Fuel Scarcity Will End On Wednesday In Abuja, Lagos (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Presidency Counters Tinubu On Kachikwu, Fuel Scarcity by Ojukwufrank: 9:45am On Mar 28, 2016
BlackTechnology:

Any day you guys are tired of One Nigeria, we will then leave your land.

Until then, you are free to lagoon yourself.

I know you have no shame, you troop to there land and still insulting them online for every little thing. You are the one to go end your life for being an ingrate and hypocrite.
Re: Presidency Counters Tinubu On Kachikwu, Fuel Scarcity by TheNonce: 9:51am On Mar 28, 2016
Brightology2:
You must be a kangaro, y den dazzle into d affairs dats bears you no brunt.you beta stuff yourself to d current epithet per stay.

Ol boy! Which kind "nonsense off topic syrian english" you dey post so?

Or you bin shack 'ota pia pia' before you log in today?
Re: Presidency Counters Tinubu On Kachikwu, Fuel Scarcity by BlackTechnology: 9:56am On Mar 28, 2016
Ojukwufrank:

I know you have no shame, you troop to there land and still insulting them online for every little thing. You are the one to go end your life for being an ingrate and hypocrite.

Why should we be grateful when it is them insisting on One Nigeria
Re: Presidency Counters Tinubu On Kachikwu, Fuel Scarcity by SleekAboki: 9:56am On Mar 28, 2016
Ojukwufrank:

Whats breaking of rules on my post? You call everyone here zombie and insult people but you are crying for asking why you insult people here. The mods dont just ban people without reason, so take your hypocrisy away from here.
There are various categories of people I dislike. god of men that prey on innocents, politicians that prey on the gullible and the praise singers of all forms of oppression.
Re: Presidency Counters Tinubu On Kachikwu, Fuel Scarcity by chibzykeys(m): 10:00am On Mar 28, 2016
whether kachukwu makes such statement or not doesn't change anything, what we need from the government is to look for solutions
Re: Presidency Counters Tinubu On Kachikwu, Fuel Scarcity by SleekAboki: 10:03am On Mar 28, 2016
fulanimafia:

This is by no means exhaustive.

- supervising all petroleum industry operations being carried out under licences and leases in the country in order to ensure compliance with the applicable laws and regulations in line with good oil producing practices.

• enforcing safety and environmental regulations and ensuring that those operations conform to national and international industry practices and standards.

• keeping and updating records on petroleum industry operations, particularly on matters relating to petroleum reserves, production and exports of crude oil, gas and condensate, licenses and leases as well as rendering regular reports on them to Government.

• advising Government and relevant Agencies on technical matters and policies which may have impact on the administration and control of petroleum.

• processing all applications for licenses so as to ensure compliance with laid-down guidelines before making recommendations to the Honourable Minister of Petroleum Resources.

• ensuring timely and adequate payments of all rents and royalties as at when due.

• Monitors Government Indigenisation policy to ensure that local content philosophy is achievable.
That buhari burdened himself with these responsibilities is laughable. did he think it's a walk in the park? with all these functions and responsibility, it follows that both kachikwu and Buhari should be fired.

There's no way kachikwu should be made a scapegoat without indicting buhari.
Re: Presidency Counters Tinubu On Kachikwu, Fuel Scarcity by SleekAboki: 10:04am On Mar 28, 2016
TheNonce:
grin

See as old papa dey cry for mod help?
Mummy, that rule 2 is paining me! Lmfao!!!
LOL. blame the game not the player.
Re: Presidency Counters Tinubu On Kachikwu, Fuel Scarcity by Nobody: 10:08am On Mar 28, 2016
Whatever, Tinubu's outburst worked... The wailers that were cursing APC and Kachukwu last week after he made the statement are now the people supporting and protecting Kachikwu. No more wailing until fuel arrives in May
Re: Presidency Counters Tinubu On Kachikwu, Fuel Scarcity by Rayhutar(m): 10:08am On Mar 28, 2016
Ojukwufrank:

Guy you just dey yarn trash, if you are tired of them trooping to your land you support their independence so that Nigeria can make law for them to leave,majority of them want to go, Japan have law that they dont allow people of a particular religion in their country, so support the needful, for now one Nigeria, freedom of movement, no apology to anyone or thanking anyone for been free to live in any part of one Nigeria
Re: Presidency Counters Tinubu On Kachikwu, Fuel Scarcity by zeongeon: 10:26am On Mar 28, 2016
People saying kachukwu should be diplomatic seem to like the suffering they are undergoing and that of the masses...the problem of Nigeria includes the followers. Unless u are blind then you will know that the Nigerian situation doesn't need any diplomacy BUT the RAW truth if the country will burn let it burn...we don't need diplomacy, we don't need lies we need the truth. The hard truth will bring about the necessary change not diplomacy.

Our leaders are scared of the truth and are calling on diplomacy because they know that if care isn't taken there could be a bloody revolution that will cost there heads.
Re: Presidency Counters Tinubu On Kachikwu, Fuel Scarcity by fulanimafia: 10:27am On Mar 28, 2016
SleekAboki:

That buhari burdened himself with these responsibilities is laughable. did he think it's a walk in the park? with all these functions and responsibility, it follows that both kachikwu and Buhari should be fired.

There's no way kachikwu should be made a scapegoat without indicting buhari.

You're not making much sense here. How do these responsibilities change the fact that it is the NNPC's direct responsibility to import, refine, distribute and supply petroleum products which are currently scarce? Is Buhari the NNPC GMD or Kachikwu?

If he can't stand the heat, he should leave the damn kitchen.

1 Like

Re: Presidency Counters Tinubu On Kachikwu, Fuel Scarcity by SleekAboki: 10:34am On Mar 28, 2016
fulanimafia:

You're not making much sense here. How do these responsibilities change the fact that it is the NNPC's direct responsibility to import, refine, distribute and supply petroleum products which are currently scarce? Is Buhari the NNPC GMD or Kachikwu?

If he can't stand the heat, he should leave the damn kitchen.
All the noise from tinubu only came about cos kachikwu told the reality on ground that would take few months to correct cos he kachikwu had no magic wand? Tinubu intentions were not pure cos kachikwu refused to be the fall guy by coming clean and telling truth? sack him then and employ a rogue that can dance to the tunes of APC like the cbn.
Re: Presidency Counters Tinubu On Kachikwu, Fuel Scarcity by fulanimafia: 10:45am On Mar 28, 2016
SleekAboki:

All the noise from tinubu only came about cos kachikwu told the reality on ground that would take few months to correct cos he kachikwu had no magic wand? Tinubu intentions were not pure cos kachikwu refused to be the fall guy by coming clean and telling truth? sack him then and employ a rogue that can dance to the tunes of APC like the cbn.

There are more tactful ways to pass such a message, there is no debating the fact that the buck stops at Kachikwu's table, and he is responsible for tackling the current scarcity.

You can't be slacking in your duties and be grandstanding at the same time. You will be shown the door.

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Presidency Counters Tinubu On Kachikwu, Fuel Scarcity by vislabraye(m): 10:45am On Mar 28, 2016
iambrafia231:
Tinubu seem to always be in the side of Nigerians.
Diplomacy dictates we don't say things that will aggravate the already difficult conditions even the truth.

Kachikwu is a learner and he must learn to respect the masses.

If he's truly on the side of Nigerians, why is he silent on the electric tarrif increase
Re: Presidency Counters Tinubu On Kachikwu, Fuel Scarcity by SleekAboki: 10:50am On Mar 28, 2016
fulanimafia:

There are more tactful ways to pass such a message, there is no debating the fact that the buck stops at Kachikwu's table, and he is responsible for tackling the current scarcity.

You can't be slacking in your duties and be grandstanding at the same time. You will be shown the door.
I think kachikwu will gladly walk the door if Buhari shows the door.
Re: Presidency Counters Tinubu On Kachikwu, Fuel Scarcity by Fire15: 10:57am On Mar 28, 2016
SleekAboki:

This ludo,amala and gbegiri Tinubu should ask his fulani master Buhari what magic he has performed in the last 10 months? Bloody Ojota cowards who only finds strength when it's GEJ. I blame Gej for allowing a failed ludo player ride on him to Aso Rock.

Gbawe aresa arresa demdem egift ngeneukwenu omenka how REAL is this chain in your hood?

I bought petrol for 155 Naira this morning in Ibadan, this wouldn't have happened, if GEJ had, like Indonesia built a 400,000 capacity Refinery, when he ascended the mantle of Presidency. For just 4 billion dollars, that, he would have done. That's history for now.
Back to reality, the Minister mentioning that, the problem will abate by May, cause the petrol dealer visit havoc on Nigerians, through hoarding, with intent to profiteer. We are Nigerians, and we know ourselves, we like taking undue advantage of any situation. There are information, that are are supposed to be classified, the Minister would have done well, by saying the problem will be over soon, not putting a date to it. The competence of the Minister is not in doubt, even in US, where he was, before answering the clarion call, saying he is not a magician is politically incorrect.
Kachikwu is a technocrat, so he might not be aware of political incorrectness of such a statement, and the implication for the ruling APC. There comes Tinubu, the consummate politician, not waiting for the PDP to take it out his mouth, and gain some political capital. If you're seen rebuking your child in the open, those on the outside will appreciate the fact that, you don't condone nonsense.
Now the petrol dealers know that, we are at their mercy till May, we are really in for a hard time.
The Minister should be schooled in the art of knowing when to classify an information and making political correct speech without a tinge of arrogance.
Re: Presidency Counters Tinubu On Kachikwu, Fuel Scarcity by ODUBEZE: 11:03am On Mar 28, 2016
olatade:
Balarabe Musa, Okukpe, Babatope, Ekungba differ

The Presidency yesterday rose in stout defence of Minister of State for Petroleum Resources, Dr. Ibe Kachikwu who at the weekend came under scathing criticism by the National Leader of the All Progressives Congress (APC), Asiwaju Bola Ahmed Tinubu over comments relating to the current fuel scarcity across the federation.

Kachikwu, who is also the Group Managing Director (GMD) of the Nigerian National Petroleum Corporation (NNPC), was reported to have said that he could not perform magic in solving the problem of fuel scarcity , a statement Tinubu considered insensitive and insulting to the sensibilities of Nigerians.

But the Presidency yesterday rose in defence of Kachikwu , saying the minister was speaking the truth when he said that Nigerians would have to wait till May for the scarcity to go away.

Presidential spokesman, Mr Femi Adesina on Channels Television programme: “Sunday Politics,” yesterday said the minister should not be crucified for telling Nigerians the truth.

He pointed out that Nigerians were unhappy with the statement credited to the minister because they wanted him to perform magic which would make the commodity readily available in two weeks.

Adesina, however, stressed that the truth which Nigerians should accept was that it would take weeks before the scarcity would go away.

Chairman of the House of Representatives Committee on Public Petitions, Mr. Uzoma Nkem- Abonta has upbraided Tinubu for his criticism of Kachikwu over the handling of the energy crises in the polity.

In an interview with The Guardian, Nkem -Abonta wondered why Tinubu chose to meddle in the affairs of the Petroleum Minister with a presidential mandate to fix the problem in the sector.
The lawmaker who represents Ukwa East/West Federal Constituency of Abia State enjoined Tinubu not to reduce a sensitive issue relating to the management of the petroleum sector into an APC affair

A member of the APC’s Board of Trustees (BOT) from the South West, Jamiu Afolabi Ekungba told The Guardian yesterday that the chastisement “shows that we are operating a progressive democratic government where what is important to everybody is that whatever any of the segments of government is doing is beneficial to everybody. It also shows that the APC is not a cult where things are done in secret while the country, like it was under the previous government, was being destroyed.”

Also reacting, former governor of old Kaduna State, Alhaji Balarabe Musa, said: “From my understanding, Tinubu is a leader in the party and by that, he has every right to speak out if he discovered anything that may likely erode the credibility of the party before the electorate.”

To erstwhile Minister of Transport and a member of the PDP Board of Trustees (BoT), Chief Ebenezer Babatope, “I am not bothered by whatever any of them says about the other. What is important is the fact that Nigerians are really suffering.”

In his reaction, a chieftain of the APC in Ekiti State, Olusegun Osinkolu, praised Tinubu for the action, saying it was in the best interest of Nigerians and the APC-led government.

Speaking in defence of Kachikwu, one-time Senior Special Assistant on Public Affairs to former President Goodluck Jonathan, Dr. Doyin Okupe, said Nigerians abhor the truth.

Okupe on his Facebook account wrote: “The minister of State for Petroleum is a Nigerian I know by reputation only. When he was appointed I actually wondered why on earth will a man in his exalted international position and pedigree come into the murky arena of the Nigerian oil business. It can only be patriotism.”

Toeing the same line, an APC chieftain, Osita Okechukwu, while conceding that Tinubu had the constitutional right to criticise, however, added that the South East zone of the party did not subscribe to the call for his resignation.

Speaking in the same vein, the vice chairman, South-South of the PDP, Dr. Cairo Ojougboh, said no one should castigate the minister of state because he had only exhibited courage in telling Nigerians the truth.

http://m.guardian.ng/news/presidency-counters-tinubu-on-kachikwu-fuel-scarcity/
This Osita Okechukwu, why is he involving the SE? Individuals should stop speaking on behalf of SE when they meant to air their personal opinion!
This is one of the reasons we hardly get anything solved because of some people's greed or personal interest!
enough is enough!
Re: Presidency Counters Tinubu On Kachikwu, Fuel Scarcity by Billygee2u: 11:20am On Mar 28, 2016
highmood:
Kachikwu should resign while the minister of petroleum remains in office right? In as much as I expects the best of any government, i think the statement credited to tinubu is just funny and hypocritical. What stops tinubu as the leader of APC to ask the minister of petroleum "PMB" to resign? I think those who think buhari has the gut is mistaken. He should direct his boldness to the minister of petroleum-the President if he believes heaven will not fall. And those that supported Tinubu on this are just foolishly bold as he his. APC and some of their supporters abhor the truth while calling for Kachikwu resignation. They fail to see the lies of lai Mohammed instead keep mutes about whether he resigns of not.
listen,Tinubu is playing Ostrich politics, Buhari understands that Tinubu is indirectly attacking him,asking him to resign so that Osibanjo will take over.
he knows that if he goes direct,the Northerners will deal with him mercilessly.
Re: Presidency Counters Tinubu On Kachikwu, Fuel Scarcity by Brightology2(m): 11:33am On Mar 28, 2016
Mumu read d previous mention and counter-mention only then you will deduce what escalated to d current bruhaha
TheNonce:

Ol boy! Which kind "nonsense off topic syrian english" you dey post so?

Or you bin shack 'ota pia pia' before you log in today?
Re: Presidency Counters Tinubu On Kachikwu, Fuel Scarcity by toni68: 11:34am On Mar 28, 2016
iambrafia231:
Diplomacy dictates we don't say things that will aggravate the already difficult conditions even the truth.

. you are funny!for heaven's sake where is the minister for petroleum in this fix we find ourselves. jagaban. a coward should direct his anger at buhar directly..
Re: Presidency Counters Tinubu On Kachikwu, Fuel Scarcity by Nobody: 11:36am On Mar 28, 2016
chimah3:
I still say this....

I am a stewpeed man!!! angry
Re: Presidency Counters Tinubu On Kachikwu, Fuel Scarcity by yipata: 11:36am On Mar 28, 2016
#WERE REY OH
eshietIntrepid:
Is true he can't perform any margic after all buhari is the head of that ministry, I know where tinubu is speaking from is not his wish to see any igbo man in this govt.
Re: Presidency Counters Tinubu On Kachikwu, Fuel Scarcity by anigbajumo(m): 12:10pm On Mar 28, 2016
Charly68:
So Kachikwu is right abi,Nigerians are wrong ,totally wrong to have voted for Buhari ..I think we made a mistake indeed..we won't repeat the same mistake in 2019 in Jesus name. Each party should however give us correct & better alternative.we don't need arrogant people in power ..we need those who know & understand the essence of power . Tinubu & co should into deep searching for a better alternative for Nigeria if APC must remain relevant still. We need digital thinking,vision carrying leader that is brain & brown. No room for executive lawlessness in Nigeria

Abeg commot "WE" from dat yer prejudice statement,Am yet to regret voting PMB which I think I may not.make I bend If I vote PDP in 2019.Speak for yerself.
Re: Presidency Counters Tinubu On Kachikwu, Fuel Scarcity by orakao8: 12:16pm On Mar 28, 2016
GBAM...!!!
Billygee2u:

listen,Tinubu is playing Ostrich politics, Buhari understands that Tinubu is indirectly attacking him,asking him to resign so that Osibanjo will take over.
he knows that if he goes direct,the Northerners will deal with him mercilessly.
Re: Presidency Counters Tinubu On Kachikwu, Fuel Scarcity by SleekAboki: 12:23pm On Mar 28, 2016
Fire15:

I bought petrol for 155 Naira this morning in Ibadan, this wouldn't have happened, if GEJ had, like Indonesia built a 400,000 capacity Refinery, when he ascended the mantle of Presidency. For just 4 billion dollars, that, he would have done. That's history for now.
Back to reality, the Minister mentioning that, the problem will abate by May, cause the petrol dealer visit havoc on Nigerians, through hoarding, with intent to profiteer. We are Nigerians, and we know ourselves, we like taking undue advantage of any situation. There are information, that are are supposed to be classified, the Minister would have done well, by saying the problem will be over soon, not putting a date to it. The competence of the Minister is not in doubt, even in US, where he was, before answering the clarion call, saying he is not a magician is politically incorrect.
Kachikwu is a technocrat, so he might not be aware of political incorrectness of such a statement, and the implication for the ruling APC. There comes Tinubu, the consummate politician, not waiting for the PDP to take it out his mouth, and gain some political capital. If you're seen rebuking your child in the open, those on the outside will appreciate the fact that, you don't condone nonsense.
Now the petrol dealers know that, we are at their mercy till May, we are really in for a hard time.
The Minister should be schooled in the art of knowing when to classify an information and making political correct speech without a tinge of arrogance.
Kachikwu only played smart so he won't be made the scapegoat in the end. Even the May date is likely untenable. If you know the true situation of the Nigerian economy as currently damaged by Buhari policy somersault, you would find means and leave that country or suffer till heaven knows when.
Re: Presidency Counters Tinubu On Kachikwu, Fuel Scarcity by Ojiofor: 12:34pm On Mar 28, 2016
Where is Lie Muhammed?
Re: Presidency Counters Tinubu On Kachikwu, Fuel Scarcity by ideylaff: 1:55pm On Mar 28, 2016
Fire15:

Kachukwu might have been in the United States but he has long before then been dining and winning with Den Gov Uduaghan , IBB, Danjuma and co....

oooh you think he just arrived on the scene in the Political set up just like that... please dont let us tell you his history as a deals man ooo

in the indistry hes known as Mr 50 % 50% ooooooo

Hes is a smart professional but a highly political person deep indise, please dont be fooled by any CV ooo

So Buhari just picked his name out of a hat..... LOL go and speak to the industry people who go way back with him

You need more than brilliance to run the show in a political set up

There is a script unfolding as I see things and Kachikwu got cocky and walked into it with that statement.

Also he's has been found wanting in some deals which he has always bn common knowledge in the industry that he has a high taste for good things, let's forget about his VP job in Mobil Kachikwu is an IBB boy and Danjuma person so what did you expect him to do

In the industry we call him The 50 - 50 man. Shhhhh

If he survives this call there will be another one waiting for him.

This is not rumours Kachikwu does not have clean hands and should not have gotten carried away with the silly comment "I am not a Magician" did he really know the implication of that statement.

I wish him Goodluck as he wriggles out of this.

Most people commenting don't know what is going on in the back ground

He was at the Villla yesterday to beg for his misdeeds

Jagaban worked with Ben Akabueze for over 2 teams and Fashola worked with him as well so whre is the Tinubi hates ibos from when he allowed a Akabueze as his ECONOMIC commisioner for over 8 years,,,please show me a Yoruba commissioner in the SE or SS

Then we can talk later....

Bottom line kachikwu made an insensitive statement at a very sentitive period that someone on a hot seat like that should at this stage not make. Hes bn VP @ Exxon Mobile for years if he said something along these lines during a disaster that involves Mobill he will be shown the door no matter how high is position is.

At that level Kachukwu is not just a technocrat he played politics both in and outside the board room.

We know how many phone calls he made to IBB and Danjuma before he scaled the hurdle so make people nor begin shout like he was beged for the job. naaaaa opportunity met chance and he was picked.

Is it too much to say sorry i did not mean to sound cocky by saying "I am not a magician" simple

does the pic belwow tell you that Kachukwu is more than a board room novice... he has been in the back ground ever since ooo forget all that VP Exxon Mobil seat

He knew what he was walking into in fact I know he has ambitions to become a governor in future

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Presidency Counters Tinubu On Kachikwu, Fuel Scarcity by shellman: 2:23pm On Mar 28, 2016
iambrafia231:

Kachikwu should go to the school of Diplomacy His utterance are filled with a lot of inconsistencies After two days, fuel would be available ; later it would be May-about 6wks from now Later another 2wks time Can we ever believe him again I think he should not be addressing the public again in order not to undermine the integrity of the government
Re: Presidency Counters Tinubu On Kachikwu, Fuel Scarcity by landinfo: 2:37pm On Mar 28, 2016
iambrafia231:

U look like a big hypocrite....like Judas Iscariot like son
Re: Presidency Counters Tinubu On Kachikwu, Fuel Scarcity by franklynsunny(m): 2:41pm On Mar 28, 2016
Politics is a legal fraud cos even wen corruption is at it peak killing Nigeria,we still ve fuel readily available at N97 n N87 and electricity at low costings bt nw 3times n yet we got notin...after reducin fuel by N0.50kobo who is blaming who n who is fooling who...I don't ve to b a politician to know solutions points to press on...we lack remedies of brained heads in Nig at d moment n d over hauling head is anoda brainless charley....tell me wen d solution will come to pass if Nig construction company can promise to fix 5km road for 6month bt den uses 120month to sandfill it

I hate politics
Re: Presidency Counters Tinubu On Kachikwu, Fuel Scarcity by scobyy2007: 3:40pm On Mar 28, 2016
Foolish statement

"To erstwhile Minister of Transport and a member of the PDP Board of Trustees (BoT), Chief Ebenezer Babatope, “I am not bothered by whatever any of them says about the other. What is important is the fact that Nigerians are really suffering.”"

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

I Supported Buhari’s Re-election, Because I Foresaw His Victory ― Obiano / Supporter Releases Video Of Massive Crowd At Yahaya Bello's Declaration / Streetlights At Jibowu To Maryland Underpass On Ikorodu Road. Pics

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 89
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.