Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,166,702 members, 7,865,796 topics. Date: Thursday, 20 June 2024 at 05:41 AM

Uk Visa - Visa Appeal Process - Travel (62) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Uk Visa - Visa Appeal Process (278020 Views)

UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 / Advice On Visa Appeal / Uk Student Visa Appeal Or Immediate Reapplication (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (59) (60) (61) (62) (63) (64) (65) ... (116) (Go Down)

Re: Uk Visa - Visa Appeal Process by Akolawole(m): 2:34pm On May 03, 2008
@Imani

Labour intend to correct things quickly but its too late.

Red Ken was the last person i think will lose his election for Londoners like am. Recall his election 8 years ago when he contested on a non-party basis(while he was suspended by the labour).

Iraq war and mass immigration was Labor's undoing.

Thank God BNP did not win.
Re: Uk Visa - Visa Appeal Process by Imani(f): 2:51pm On May 03, 2008
@Akolawole,

Labour has lost out big time. With Boris as the new mayor, and the tide shifting towards a conservative victory at the next general elections, we all have to see what immigration policies will unfold. The conservatives have been pushing for a limit on immigration anyway.

I like Ken Livingstone and was sad to see him go. I hope Boris will not block all the current "loopholes". As long as he serves London well, i don't really care.

@Funkybaby,

New graduates from 2008 will have to apply for the new "tier one, post study" category. The requirements are tougher than the IGS as it will be point based. It will take into account when you graduated, degree, where you graduated and applicants must get 75 points, in addition to maintenance funds. Original documents only will be accepted.

For those on IGS currently, there is a one off transition, in which they can apply for the 1 year extension. However, when they do, they have to still have "period of leave". For example, if someone is on IGS from December 2007 to December 2008, that person can get another one year to make up the two year in the new "tier one post study" category, as long as the application is made before the current IGS expires. Some people will lose out as their IGS will have expired before the new scheme is implemented. Each case is different.
Re: Uk Visa - Visa Appeal Process by funkybaby(f): 3:09pm On May 03, 2008
@Imani

Thanks alot. 75points? Yeepa!

So what now happens if an applicant, after spending 3years schooling in England, fails to meet the benchmark? Is such individual left with any other choice but to come back to Naija?

Please, do i have a link to a site where i can calculate the points (like the hsmp website).

What is the fate of those presently in scotland ? Thanks
Re: Uk Visa - Visa Appeal Process by Imani(f): 3:36pm On May 03, 2008
@Funkybaby,

Anybody schooling in the UK should qualify without any problems, provided they have graduated and have their original certificate.

There is no current extension for those in Scotland as they already have two years. The transition only applies to those with IGS.

I can't find the link that shows you how to calculate from the BIA website. Perhaps Londoncool can help out here.
Re: Uk Visa - Visa Appeal Process by superman(m): 3:38pm On May 03, 2008
funky check ur mail
Re: Uk Visa - Visa Appeal Process by funkybaby(f): 3:59pm On May 03, 2008
@Imani
Phew! Thanks. Just in case you come across the link, please do not hesitate to post it here.
Re: Uk Visa - Visa Appeal Process by funkybaby(f): 4:04pm On May 03, 2008
@superman

Who you be? Check which mail? Is that a command, an order, a directive or what?
I aint checking nada neither am i going to respond to any mail. If you have any issue thats bothering you, post it here.
Re: Uk Visa - Visa Appeal Process by Imani(f): 4:12pm On May 03, 2008
I will post the link if i find it. It is called the "Statement of Intent" and dated december 5, 2007.

The other clause to this particular category is that the 2 years DO NOT count towards the period of leave to obtain ILR
Re: Uk Visa - Visa Appeal Process by funkybaby(f): 4:55pm On May 03, 2008
@Imani
Thank a lot dear for the info. So the two years will not count when it comes to ILR? Hmmm - Interesting. Thanks once again for the info.
Re: Uk Visa - Visa Appeal Process by Imani(f): 5:04pm On May 03, 2008
funkybaby:

@Imani
Thank a lot dear for the info. So the two years will not count when it comes to ILR? Hmmm - Interesting. Thanks once again for the info.

No, it doesnt count except if ILR is applied for on the basis of "long residence", which is a concession catergory. This what students who have been in the UK for up to 10 years apply for to get ILR. Currently, if a person does maybe 4 years of University and then PHD, and then qualifies for the Tier one visa, the individual does not need to go through the work permit or Tier one route anymore. But the 10 years has restrictions. You can check the BIA website for more information.

Londoncool, please help me out here. Thanks
Re: Uk Visa - Visa Appeal Process by superman(m): 5:45pm On May 03, 2008
no worries or shall i say no bother ha
Re: Uk Visa - Visa Appeal Process by McOmo(m): 6:29pm On May 03, 2008
@Funkybaby

easy !!! tongue haaaaaaaaaaa . . .

@Superman

wetin sef ? improve ur lines na . . . grin grin
Re: Uk Visa - Visa Appeal Process by funkybaby(f): 6:36pm On May 03, 2008
@MC Omo

Hahaha. Lol. You don mean me gan. Lol.

Honestly, i am really gentle outside nairaland. Lol. If only the likes of 'superman' can be a little nicer.

I think say na only me notice 'superman's' really rude approach. Had i spoken what was on my mind when i saw his post, someone would have come along telling me to get an overdose of humility pill.
Re: Uk Visa - Visa Appeal Process by funkybaby(f): 6:37pm On May 03, 2008
@MC Omo

Hahaha. Lol. You don mean me gan. Lol.

Honestly, i am really gentle outside nairaland. Lol. If only the likes of 'superman' can be a little nicer.

I think say na only me notice 'superman's' really rude approach. Had i spoken what was on my mind when i saw his post, someone would have come along telling me to get an overdose of humility pill.
Re: Uk Visa - Visa Appeal Process by McOmo(m): 7:46pm On May 03, 2008
well . . . .only peeps like Tosin would know how gentle u really are cool

funniest thing, I hardly tolerate stupidity maself, but I am not really sure Superman meant any harm, he prolly checked up ur profile, and saw somn he liked . . . .I used to think u were an arugbo maself, more in the region of Akola's age (j/k) . . .seriously I felt u were Pataki's sugar mummy grin grin
Re: Uk Visa - Visa Appeal Process by Akolawole(m): 8:00pm On May 03, 2008
@Imani

Thanks Babe.

How do 75 points work.

Na you start it and na you go finish this.

I hope my friend Paribus is reading this.

I hope that yeye 75 points no go involve previous earnings and all those nonsense
Re: Uk Visa - Visa Appeal Process by paribus(m): 9:43pm On May 03, 2008
@Akolawole - Thanks, I'm always on the lookout for as much info as possible on this matter as I'll be dealing with it in another 5-6 months. Really I have a file opened for my application and I'm just ticking off the requirements one by one as I don't want to be surprised when the time to apply comes.

The 75points regarding the PBS would not be a problem for any applicant if he has a UK degree from a recognised institution during which he has leave to be in the UK as a student or dependent and has obtained that degree within the last 12 months of his application. In fact I think these requirements means that 99.9% of international students in UK should automatically qualify (except for unusual or exceptional cases). The statement of intent document that Imani referred to contains this and can be found here:

http://www.bia.homeoffice.gov.uk/sitecontent/documents/managingourborders/pbsdocs/statementofintent/highlyskilledunderpbs.pdf?view=Binary
(pg 12 for the section on IGS/PSW).

The document also highlights an 800-pound maintenance fund requirement for a single student that would be applying for IGS and additional funds requirements  if dependants are involved.

Also the timetable for the different types of PBS is indicated here:

http://www.bia.homeoffice.gov.uk/managingborders/managingmigration/apointsbasedsystem/timetableforPBSlaunch

It indicates end of summer 2008 as launching time for PBS. I would suppose that means anytime from end of August. This was what I had initially wanted to find out, but as it is, it is only when this is actually started that the requirements would be definite.

Saying this however, november is still some months off for me, who knows, my personal situation might change, I do have a good offer on the table in naija after studies but I sure would like to have some international work experience especially for the field I'm involved with - would be invaluable back in Nigeria.

Thanks for taking time to worry about my case. Regards
Re: Uk Visa - Visa Appeal Process by Akolawole(m): 10:15pm On May 03, 2008
@Paribus

I am not suprised that you already have a file 6 months ahead.

You are well organised.

One of very few Nairalanders i want to meet.
Re: Uk Visa - Visa Appeal Process by funkybaby(f): 11:11pm On May 03, 2008
@McOmo

Kai ! How can you think such about me? O buru gan.

I'm a Hot, Young, Sexy looking chickalo. Do you know many guys want me to be their babymama? grin grin Huh?

Joo, leave me with my pataki. Whether i am his sugarmama or vice versa, all na love. wink wink
Re: Uk Visa - Visa Appeal Process by pahtahkee: 11:14pm On May 03, 2008
@ Akolawole,

I am talking of HSMP you are still hibernating over IGS?! Which one is the koko? The minimum is 75 points now. I will break it down for you now.
[list]
[li] Age Assessment[/li]: Maximum of 20 points
[li]Qualifications[/li]: Maximum of 50 points
[li] Earning Power[/li]: Maximum of 45 points (depending on your geographical location)
[li]UK Experience[/li]: Maximum of 5 points
[li]English Language Ability[/li]: (Have a bachelors degree taught in English Language or possession of IELTS
[li]Other Requirements[/li]
[li]Your Points Score[/li][/list]

Source and breakdown

@ funkybaby,
Thanks for the correction. tongue
Re: Uk Visa - Visa Appeal Process by pahtahkee: 11:16pm On May 03, 2008
@ Paribus,

It is not as easy as you think it is. wink
Re: Uk Visa - Visa Appeal Process by pahtahkee: 11:34pm On May 03, 2008
[center]A. AGE ASSESSMENT:[/center]

27 years of age or under                                         20 points
28 or 29 years of age                                                      10 points
30 or 31 years of age years of age                               5 points
32 years of age or over                                           0 points

[center]B. QUALIFICATIONS:[/center]

PhD                                                                                 50 points
Masters Degree (eg MA, MSc or MBA)                                 35 points
A Bachelors Degree (eg BA, BSc)                                 30 points

[center]
C. EARNING POWER:[/center]

Country Code A Including Germany, France, Singapore, USA, Canada, Australia, Bermuda, Ireland, Japan, South Korea

* £16,000 per annum = 5 Points
    * £18,000 per annum = 10 Points
    * £20,000 per annum = 15 Points
    * £23,000 per annum = 20 Points
    * £26,000 per annum = 25 Points
    * £29,000 per annum = 30 Points
    * £32,000 per annum = 35 Points
    * £35,000 per annum = 40 Points
    * £40,000 per annum = 45 Points

Country Code B Including Poland, Bahamas, Chile, Libya, Hungary, South Korea, Mexico, Estonia, Latvia

* £7,000 per annum = 5 Points
    * £8,000 per annum = 10 Points
    * £9,000 per annum = 15 Points
    * £10,000 per annum = 20 Points
    * £11,500 per annum = 25 Points
    * £12,500 per annum = 30 Points
    * £14,000 per annum = 35 Points
    * £15,313 per annum = 40 Points
    * £17,500 per annum = 45 Points

Country Code C Including Jamaica, Russia, Iran, Peoples Republic of China, Peru, Tunisia, Thailand, Algeria, Romania

* £5,000 per annum = 5 Points
    * £5,600 per annum = 10 Points
    * £6,300 per annum = 15 Points
    * £7,200 per annum = 20 Points
    * £8,100 per annum = 25 Points
    * £9,100 per annum = 30 Points
    * £10,000 per annum = 35 Points
    * £11,000 per annum = 40 Points
    * £12,500 per annum = 45 Points

Country Code D Including Congo, India, Pakistan, Moldova, Cuba, Ukraine, Zimbabwe, Kenya, Bangladesh

* £3,000 per annum = 5 Points
    * £3,400 per annum = 10 Points
    * £3,800 per annum = 15 Points
    * £4,300 per annum = 20 Points
    * £4,900 per annum = 25 Points
    * £5,500 per annum = 30 Points
    * £6,000 per annum = 35 Points
    * £6,600 per annum = 40 Points
    * £7,500 per annum = 45 Points

Country Code E Including Afghanistan, Ethiopia, Ghana, Nigeria, Uganda, Sierra Leone

* £1,400 per annum = 5 Points
    * £1,600 per annum = 10 Points
    * £1,800 per annum = 15 Points
    * £2,000 per annum = 20 Points
    * £2,300 per annum = 25 Points
    * £2,550 per annum = 30 Points
    * £2,800 per annum = 35 Points
    * £3,100 per annum = 40 Points
    * £3,500 per annum = 45 Points

[center]D. UK EXPERIENCE[/center]

You need to have a bachelors degree that was taught in English (not a Masters degree or PhD).

or

You need to possess an International English Language Testing System qualification at least at Band 6 less than two years old.
Re: Uk Visa - Visa Appeal Process by funkybaby(f): 11:52pm On May 03, 2008
I'm a little confused. With the new laws, has HSMP been merged with IGS or they are still seperate categories?
Re: Uk Visa - Visa Appeal Process by paribus(m): 12:05am On May 04, 2008
@Pahtakhee - Please correct me if I'm wrong but is the 75 points for the new HSMP and 75 points for PSW the same. I think they are different as attainment of the 75 points for PSW does not take into consideration age or previous earnings and country where earned.  Regards
Re: Uk Visa - Visa Appeal Process by McOmo(m): 12:09am On May 04, 2008
@Akola

I looked up the number of posts u have and I see u have notched up to 5,000 posts  shocked wow !  cheesy

@PATAKI

have no fear . . .was never going to mean any harm in the first place, rather I dey try make Funky decamp to our side fully  grin

@Funky

stop posting like u are a babymama then . . .atimes u might feel peeps see u as being a chic, but NA THE MAMA IN U DEM DEY SEE, SAY U FIT TAKE CARE OF DEM PIKIN  . . .   grin

@ LAST POST AT HAND . . .

this IGS thingy looks a lil' complicated . . . lipsrsealed
Re: Uk Visa - Visa Appeal Process by paribus(m): 12:16am On May 04, 2008
@ Akolawole - I think by all standards you are a very respected member of this forum. And the quality of your post speaks a lot for you as well. I'm sure that's a reflection of your real self in real life. You keep this up.
Re: Uk Visa - Visa Appeal Process by Akolawole(m): 12:22am On May 04, 2008
@All

This thing don dey do my head in.

#In terms of earnings, Paribus or other guys that just left naija may be at Advantage if they earn or claim to earn over 1 million a year(This must have been written in the visa application form).

For student who have been in UK for a while and NOt working, what are they going to score?

What matters? Your country of residence or your countryof origin?

I dey run go sleep jare

@Paribus

Thanks but you are flattering me sha

@Dr kit

I am in a race with Seun, Mukina2 and Hot angel  grin

@Imani

You got to break this down well well

@Funky

Where is your Sureng?

Good night guys
Re: Uk Visa - Visa Appeal Process by pahtahkee: 12:40am On May 04, 2008
@ Akolawole,

For your past earnings, it depends on where you have had your previous work experience. If it is in Nigeria, then assessment based on your earnings in Nigeria will be used for the calculation. If it is the UK or anywhere else in the world, then earnings will be calculated from that country, not based on your country of residency. So for Nigerian students residing in the UK, without an earning experience in the UK, their previous earning calculation would be done based on what they were earning in Nigeria previously.

E.g: If my previous earnings is from the Netherlands here, my points will be calculated based on that.

It is a whole complicated matter, which I have not fully grasped myself. As there is also the issue of pro-rata of salary calculation. Sometimes these things get twisted for me to fully understand.

@ Paribus,
Could you please kindly give me a link to your claim? In my opinion, I think you are wrong. Not sure though. undecided

@ Funky,
The IGS is a sub-category under the new HSMP now.

@ Mc,
I don hear you oh oga.
Re: Uk Visa - Visa Appeal Process by pahtahkee: 12:45am On May 04, 2008
Akolawole:

@All

This thing don dey do my head in.

#In terms of earnings, Paribus or other guys that just left naija may be at Advantage if they earn or claim to earn over 1 million a year(This must have been written in the visa application form).

For student who have been in UK for a while and NOt working, what are they going to score?

What matters? Your country of residence or your countryof origin?

Exactly! NOTHING! Thats why I stated earlier it is not as easy as paribus might want to think it is though. More than anything else, these new changes is going to favor the Oluwole contractors in respect to those applying with fake documents from abroad.  grin

ASSUMPTION:
If your earning power is zero, how many people can claim to be a PhD holder less than 27 years of age in order to meet the minimum requirement of 75?

I wan go sleep as well jare. This matter no be my headache. sad
Re: Uk Visa - Visa Appeal Process by Akolawole(m): 1:15am On May 04, 2008
@Pataki

After taking a bottle of my favourite, I think Paribus is 100% right.

You dont need to read all the document, just go to page 12.

They just want to eradicate people like Akolawole who is a masters degree student of University of London, Ibadan campus. Did you understand/

UK certificate, in a UK school , applied for with 1 year.

See ya later
Re: Uk Visa - Visa Appeal Process by funkybaby(f): 1:26am On May 04, 2008
@MComo
Really? Never knew i was sending 'babymama' signals. I will be more 'chickly' in my postings now grin grin . Meanwhile, if you read the mail superman sent to me, chei !

@paribus
What is PSW please?

@akolawole and pataki
I'm still a little confused jare.
Re: Uk Visa - Visa Appeal Process by paribus(m): 10:22am On May 04, 2008
@ Funkybaby - Post Study Work

Regards

(1) (2) (3) ... (59) (60) (61) (62) (63) (64) (65) ... (116)

Bus Fare Within Nigeria / Pictures Of Nigeria - Show Us Nigeria Through Your Pictures / Lithuania Student Visa

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 59
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.