Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,858 members, 7,813,931 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 09:49 PM

"The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup - Sports (11284) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup (11633932 Views)

Cameroon's Douala Stadium Artificial Grassfield For AFCON 2019 Stolen / Super Eagles Arrive In Uyo, Train Ahead Of Their AFCON 2019 Qualifier (Pictures) / AFCON 2019: Nigeria To Battle South Africa For A Place (Full Draws) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (11281) (11282) (11283) (11284) (11285) (11286) (11287) ... (16139) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by andrewbaba44: 8:50pm On Oct 05, 2021
TheSuperNerd:
That's for sure. Osimhen being ranked above CR7 (now classed as a striker) doesn't make him better than CR7. No. But this valuation thing is just one of the ways to look at things when it comes to talking best on the continent.

Osimhen is the only striker from Africa that will shatter the 100million+ euros ceiling soon. Not Daka. Not En-Nesyri (and this lad na my man!!! I love Moroccan football. I have always said that here). Not Haller. Not Iheanacho (you know I have his pictures in my room). And certainly not Aubameyang.

No other African striker at the moment Commands such value. Reports in Italy even say his value has tripled and is in the range of 120million euros. That's the striker we are talking about here.

Which striker on the continent Commands close to or the same Value pull?

And eye test and his all round stats easily show why he is worth all these hypes right now and will continue to be worth it for the next decade+.

And yes ooo... even Gabby J get value past my man, but ONLY for now. grin grin

He deserves everything abeg

I trust Napoli ,and yes he will shatter the 100 million plus euros soon

Naaa daka can’t or el nesry self

4 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by kushercain: 8:50pm On Oct 05, 2021
forgiveness:

Did you see Messi on South America’s list? How many goals has he scored this season?

Dude you cant use Messi to score this kind of point because he's the GOAT. He has earned the right to be on any list irrespective of form. Same with CR7. I suggest you explore another angle

6 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by forgiveness: 8:51pm On Oct 05, 2021
TheSuperNerd:

Argue with your favorite site. Lol grin

I can decipher between the best striker and the most valuable striker.

I can see this is for the later. No argument.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by kingphilip(m): 8:51pm On Oct 05, 2021
andrewbaba44:

But Where was this energy for simmy last season when he was banging goals ?

There was no goal.com best 11 then consisting Africa's best
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by forgiveness: 8:52pm On Oct 05, 2021
kushercain:

Dude you cant use Messi to score this kind of point because he's the GOAT. He has earned the right to be on any list irrespective of form. Same with CR7. I suggest you explore another angle

So Aubamenang has not earned anything, ABI?
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by andrewbaba44: 8:53pm On Oct 05, 2021
kingphilip:
There was no goal.com best 11 then consisting Africa's best
My guy no worry some people understand where I Dey go grin
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheSuperNerd(m): 8:53pm On Oct 05, 2021
andrewbaba44:

But Where was this energy for simmy last season when he was banging goals ?

But Andy... why this question? I read a comment of yours that says "breaking into Leicester XI" is not on the same level as "breaking into Liverpool XI".

So why not apply same logic here? Simy was doing it for who please? Crotone ba. Well, it's not the same as doing it for Napoli. Different levels. Different pressures. wink

But aside from that angle....

You and I know why Simy didn't get hyped up as Africa's best Striker despite his 20 goals return in Serie A. It is because goals is not the only thing looked at by Elite clubs when it comes to Strikers.

A striker today who must play for or get the attention of the elite clubs must offer much more than just being in the box to finish off chances.

Simy didn't even attract the best of the midtable clubs in Italy and that should tell us something. Although it should also tell us that he has a really silly agent who no sabi work. grin

Nonsense agent with poor marketing skills.

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by kushercain: 8:54pm On Oct 05, 2021
forgiveness:

So Aubamenang has not earned anything, ABI?

Aubameyang hasn't earned the right to make any list irrespective of form. He's not even the GOAT of African strikers so what are we talking about
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheSuperNerd(m): 8:54pm On Oct 05, 2021
forgiveness:

I can decipher between the best striker and the most valuable striker.

I can see this is for the later. No argument.

I doubt you can. because Osimhen is both today. It's so obvious. Hehehe

3 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by forgiveness: 8:57pm On Oct 05, 2021
TheSuperNerd:

I doubt you can. because Osimhen is both today. It's so obvious. Hehehe

According to your most valuable striker data Umar Sadiq is better than Moffi, ABI?

Very obvious indeed.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Danielnino00(m): 9:00pm On Oct 05, 2021
andrewbaba44:

My guy no worry some people understand where I Dey go grin

A few pages back, you asked a question as to why Simi didn't move to a better club aside Salarenita whatever... The answer to that question lies in why some of us don't rate him much here...20 goals or not...
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by andrewbaba44: 9:00pm On Oct 05, 2021
TheSuperNerd:

But Andy... why this question? I read a comment of yours that says "breaking into Leicester XI" is not on the same level as "breaking into Liverpool XI".

So why not apply same logic here? Simy was doing it for who please? Crotone ba. Well, it's not the same as doing it for Napoli. Different levels. Different pressures. wink

But aside from that angle....

You and I know why Simy didn't get hyped up as Africa's best Striker despite his 20 goals return in Serie A. It is because goals is not the only thing looked at by Elite clubs when it comes to Strikers.

A striker today who must play for or get the attention of the elite clubs must offer much more than just being in the box to finish off chances.

Simy didn't even attract the best of the midtable clubs in Italy and that should tell us something. Although it should also tell us that he has a really silly agent who no sabi work. grin

Nonsense agent with poor marketing skills.

This is a different thing entirely

I meant some guys refused to hyped simmy 20 seria goals last season here ,you dig ? I didn’t see anyone calling simmy one of African best striker last season

This should be a different logic entirely ,you know scoring 20 goals for ekuke crotone is an hard thing to do

Well if you check this thread earlier today you will see where I was calling simmy agent ojuelegba based One ,even a 30 year old Brazilian got a move to ac millan from same simmy crotone

It’s well
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by andrewbaba44: 9:01pm On Oct 05, 2021
Danielnino00:

A few pages back, you asked a question as to why Simi didn't move to a better club aside Salarenita whatever... The answer to that question lies in why some of us don't rate him much here...20 goals or not...

Na wa ooo

E pain me sha

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by forgiveness: 9:04pm On Oct 05, 2021
kushercain:

Aubameyang hasn't earned the right to make any list irrespective of form. He's not even the GOAT of African strikers so what are we talking about

Really!? Making CAF team of the year from 2013 till 2019 as a striker is a joke to you, ABI?

He only missed once since then.

Maybe you know better than CAF, right? grin

2 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by 12large1: 9:05pm On Oct 05, 2021
andrewbaba44:

He deserves everything abeg

I trust Napoli ,and yes he will shatter the 100 million plus euros soon

Naaa daka can’t or el nesry self

I love osimehn but the disrespect that iheanacho gets on here is just absurd. The sort of performances that kelechi depicted last season in a short period was World class but people don't seem to give him enough credit.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheSuperNerd(m): 9:06pm On Oct 05, 2021
I hope you know the "who is better between Sadiq Umar and Moffi" can be logically debated from different angles with Pros and cons in favour of both and against both?

There isn't much gap between both lads now in terms of quality so it can be debated keenly, since you don't know. grin

And like I already said... the valuation rankings gives us a good picture. It is up to you to use your own eyes and see unbiasedly.

Which Striker in Africa today comes close to the all round qualities and potential near-future rising valuations of Osimhen in world football today? Which one?

Which African striker is sure to see their Value skyrocket by the end of the year based on strong performances shown so far?

forgiveness:

According to your most valuable striker data Umar Sadiq is better than Moffi, ABI?

Very obvious indeed.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by 12large1: 9:07pm On Oct 05, 2021
TheSuperNerd:

No one questions Aubameyang's legacies. The only point is RIGHT NOW.
Auba has been great and his world class quality remains but we are in Osimhen's world now.

Osimhen is the best Striker on the continent and it's not even a close call now.

It seems it has also gone under the radar that he is Africa's most valuable Striker on the market today and his value is bound to keep going up before the end of the season.

Only 9 CFs in world football are more valued than Osimhen today according to Transfermrkt. That should tell us something and more.

Screenshots below:

1. Osimhen ranking #1 most valuable among African CFs.

2. Osimhen ranking #10 most valuable among all CFs in world football today.

Osimehn vs aubemeyang are we going for current form or overall? On current form it's osimehn but overall in the past few years, it's Aubameyang

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by damagnificentusb(m): 9:07pm On Oct 05, 2021
andrewbaba44:

And the South American defenders are farmers who use to harvest cassava from Bolivia

Ordinary to break weak teams defence for World Cup African forwards go Dey fumble

Even Saudi defenders Dey pocket salah grin

It's not about being farmers. Sadio and salah have destroyed some of the best defense in the world before. So what's so special about that defense?
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by kushercain: 9:11pm On Oct 05, 2021
forgiveness:

Really!? Making CAF team of the year from 2013 till 2019 as a striker is a joke to you, ABI?

He only missed ones since then.

Aubameyang is a senior man normally but based on form if that same CAF release starting 11 list, Osimehn go bench am
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by AndSunGorilla: 9:11pm On Oct 05, 2021
forgiveness:

If you had one I don’t think you would ask for me to drop names AGAIN after I HAD posted it.

You should grow small brain next time
Egbon why do you like to cyberbully with blatant insultive words. I no say na online forum but oga mi, u use it too much to call people brainless, you can make your points factually without insinuating people are brainless. Better still if you feel an argument isn't worth your time, why can't you ignore?

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheSuperNerd(m): 9:12pm On Oct 05, 2021
12large1:

I love osimehn but the disrespect that iheanacho gets on here is just absurd. The sort of performances that kelechi depicted last season in a short period was World class but people don't seem to give him enough credit.

List them.... list them so that I can school them. No be today I begin dey school folks here on Iheanacho.

You are lucky to be here at a time when people are only maybe playing down his goals return from last season.

Were you here when folks said Iheanacho cannot dribble, cannot beat a man, isn't technical, can't trap ball, and all loads of nonsense??

Do you know what I went through to try correct all those fallacious and rubbish takes in here?

Mister, you are lucky. Just thank God. because you would have littered the whole thread with invectives stronger than the ones you unleash when you are annoyed at a poster's point. grin grin

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by damagnificentusb(m): 9:13pm On Oct 05, 2021
kushercain:

The guy just dey yarn okoata. He his using a player who's currently one of the favourites to win this year's balon d'or, as a valid point just for the sake of "I must argue"
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheSuperNerd(m): 9:13pm On Oct 05, 2021
You have answered it yourself. Current form and for the next 10 years+ even.

Besides, I clearly indicated that.

12large1:

Osimehn vs aubemeyang are we going for current form or overall? On current form it's osimehn but overall in the past few years, it's Aubameyang

2 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by andrewbaba44: 9:13pm On Oct 05, 2021
damagnificentusb:

It's not about being farmers. Sadio and salah have destroyed some of the best defense in the world before. So what's so special about that defense?
You are right

But destroying one of the best defenders in the world while playing for Liverpool is different form their various national teams
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by andrewbaba44: 9:14pm On Oct 05, 2021
12large1:

Will never disrespect iheanacho
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Napoleon55(m): 9:16pm On Oct 05, 2021
humility33:

Nigerians are so proud
I have seen and read many of this super countries in football lure talents. If I was the coach would have meet with him, assure him of how i so mucb need his presence in my team, even have dinner with his family,check up on him via mails and sometimes give him advice and encouragement on how to improve his games. Like u said Rohr wasn't interested in him much at all because if he really showed interest and we move towards him like Algeria did we would have had him at ease
Even if u roll red carpets to a player who is unwilling ,u would b wasting ur time.
u can ask pinick
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by damagnificentusb(m): 9:17pm On Oct 05, 2021
forgiveness:

He only missed ones since then.

You also know better than the seasoned goal.com journalist that came up with african best xi, right??
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheSuperNerd(m): 9:17pm On Oct 05, 2021
Meanwhile Oshoala is destroying Arsenal ladies in Uefa Women's Champions league football.

Arsenal parade one of the finest Strikers in the Women's game in Vivianne Miedema and they recently destroyed Man City ladies in the English WSL.

Oshoala and Barca girls are balling like the True European Champs that they are.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by forgiveness: 9:20pm On Oct 05, 2021
TheSuperNerd:
I hope you know the "who is better between Sadiq Umar and Moffi" can be logically debated from different angles with Pros and cons in favour of both and against both?

There isn't much gap between both lads now in terms of quality so it can be debated keenly, since you don't know. grin

And like I already said... the valuation rankings gives us a good picture. It is up to you to use your own eyes and see unbiasedly.

Which Striker in Africa today comes close to the all round qualities and potential near-future rising valuations of Osimhen in world football today? Which one?

Which African striker is sure to see their Value skyrocket by the end of the year based on strong performances shown so far?

It’s now logical and not about value.

How logical is it to even compare a second division player to a top 5 league player? Nnah meeeeehn!

I prefer to read my holy bible.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by forgiveness: 9:21pm On Oct 05, 2021
damagnificentusb:

You also know better than the seasoned goal.com journalist that came up with african best xi, right??

Who is goal.com compared to CAF? grin
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by damagnificentusb(m): 9:24pm On Oct 05, 2021
forgiveness:

Who is goal.com compared to CAF? grin

You're laughing at your joke already
grin grin cheesy
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by 12large1: 9:25pm On Oct 05, 2021
[quote author=TheSuperNerd post=106482229]I hope you know the "who is better between Sadiq Umar and Moffi" can be logically debated from different angles with Pros and cons in favour of both and against both?

Haha

(1) (2) (3) ... (11281) (11282) (11283) (11284) (11285) (11286) (11287) ... (16139) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: charlesemeka85(m), do4luv14(m), Ajd19 and 9 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 54
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.