Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,826 members, 7,813,728 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 05:06 PM

"The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup - Sports (11285) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup (11631866 Views)

Cameroon's Douala Stadium Artificial Grassfield For AFCON 2019 Stolen / Super Eagles Arrive In Uyo, Train Ahead Of Their AFCON 2019 Qualifier (Pictures) / AFCON 2019: Nigeria To Battle South Africa For A Place (Full Draws) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (11282) (11283) (11284) (11285) (11286) (11287) (11288) ... (16137) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by forgiveness: 9:25pm On Oct 05, 2021
AndSunGorilla:

Egbon why do you like to cyberbully with blatant insultive words. I no say na online forum but oga mi, u use it too much to call people brainless, you can make your points factually without insinuating people are brainless. Better still if you feel an argument isn't worth your time, why can't you ignore?

Well, they all know my manner of debate here at the beginning but some don’t like peace, and they are the bully.

I am just repaying in kind. As you come, I will give you. Shikena!
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheSuperNerd(m): 9:26pm On Oct 05, 2021
forgiveness:

It’s now logical and not about value.

How logical is it to even compare a second division player to a top 5 league player? Nnah meeeeehn!

I prefer to read my holy bible.

Aleksander Mitrovic is a second division player as well.

I guess that makes him sh*t and far inferior to let's say, Max Kruse playing alongside Awoniyi in the Bundesliga with FC Union Berlin. grin

Indeed, you should go read that Bible. It will teach you Balance. wink

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by daveP(m): 9:28pm On Oct 05, 2021
daveP:

Who is currently?

Besides the Best African 9s in Europe right now are all Nigerians. Pray and announce who else abeg.

Goal's Own Compilation vs Yours. I can't wait.

Cc forgiveness and andrewbaba44

Be like una fly pass the boldened abi?
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by damagnificentusb(m): 9:28pm On Oct 05, 2021
Oshoala scored the third goal for her team

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by forgiveness: 9:29pm On Oct 05, 2021
TheSuperNerd:

But Andy... why this question? I read a comment of yours that says "breaking into Leicester XI" is not on the same level as "breaking into Liverpool XI".

So why not apply same logic here? Simy was doing it for who please? Crotone ba. Well, it's not the same as doing it for Napoli. Different levels. Different pressures. wink

But aside from that angle....

You and I know why Simy didn't get hyped up as Africa's best Striker despite his 20 goals return in Serie A. It is because goals is not the only thing looked at by Elite clubs when it comes to Strikers.

A striker today who must play for or get the attention of the elite clubs must offer much more than just being in the box to finish off chances.

Simy didn't even attract the best of the midtable clubs in Italy and that should tell us something. Although it should also tell us that he has a really silly agent who no sabi work. grin

Nonsense agent with poor marketing skills.

So, where did Youssef En-Nesyri did his?
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by forgiveness: 9:30pm On Oct 05, 2021
daveP:

Sorry about that

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by andrewbaba44: 9:30pm On Oct 05, 2021
daveP:

Baba no worry I don get you well

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheSuperNerd(m): 9:35pm On Oct 05, 2021
TFLASHOGEE:
supernerd you didn't say anything about the oliseh drama that has caused havoc on here today cheesy wink

My good man, that matter just tire me abeg. Nothing is officially confirmed but the rumors are strong. That's why I prefer to keep mute on that for now despite some info I have.
Super Eagles na my focus now biko.

3 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by forgiveness: 9:37pm On Oct 05, 2021
TheSuperNerd:

Aleksander Mitrovic is a second division player as well.

I guess that makes him sh*t and far inferior to let's say, Max Kruse playing alongside Awoniyi in the Bundesliga with FC Union Berlin. grin

Indeed, you should go read that Bible. It will teach you Balance. wink

Aleksander Mitrovic has made his mark.

That data is only relevant for ranking value of the players and not the best.

I read bible from Gen to Revelation at least twice in a year and that’s why I can’t decipher between most valuable striker and the best striker.

We can’t add or subtract.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheSuperNerd(m): 9:38pm On Oct 05, 2021
Did he bag 20 in La Liga? grin

He fell two short of Simy's. The Moroccan number 1 striker had a fantastic season no doubt but you can see his performances doesn't pull as much weight value-wise compared to Osimhen's at Napoli.

forgiveness:

So, where did Youssef En-Nesyri did his?

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by 12large1: 9:38pm On Oct 05, 2021
TheSuperNerd:
You have answered it yourself. Current form and for the next 10 years+ even.

Besides, I clearly indicated that.

Then based on your logic, messi shouldn't be included in the south America best 11. I feel like a player has to be consistent for a certain time to get privileges
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheSuperNerd(m): 9:41pm On Oct 05, 2021
forgiveness:

Aleksander Mitrovic has made his mark.

That data is only relevant for ranking value of the players and not the best.

I read bible from Gen to Revelation at least twice in a year and that’s why I can’t decipher between most valuable striker and the best striker.

We can’t add or subtract.

So in the end, you see that the second division striker talk no longer holds. Quality is Quality. I keep saying this. And it will always show itself.

Also, add or subtract applies to the Bible only...

Transfermrkt is not the Bible naa... grin

1 Like 1 Share

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by forgiveness: 9:44pm On Oct 05, 2021
TheSuperNerd:
Did he bag 20 in La Liga? grin

He fell two short of Simy's. The Moroccan number 1 striker had a fantastic season no doubt but you can see his performances doesn't pull as much weight value-wise compared to Osimhen's at Napoli.

He scored 24 goals in all competitions. Are those not relevant?

Doing it in Laliga with Sevilla is not like doing it in Seria A with Napoli, na. I am just using your word against you. It’s okay.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheSuperNerd(m): 9:46pm On Oct 05, 2021
Messi is Messi. You should not have to even go there.

Osimhen deserves his place and there is nothing you can do about that.

In the end, I know where you are going with this.

You always want to make things look like Osimhen vs lheanacho either directly or indirectly. You don't have to affirm it. I can smell it in your posts whenever Osimhen is praised and you make it sound like Nacho is ignored.

Let me spell it out to you again... you don't rate Iheanacho more than I do. Almost Everyone in here can vouch for that.

So whenever you quote me, always remember that you don't rate Nacho more than I do.

12large1:

Then based on your logic, messi shouldn't be included in the south America best 11. I feel like a player has to be consistent for a certain time to get privileges

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by forgiveness: 9:48pm On Oct 05, 2021
TheSuperNerd:

So in the end, you see that the second division striker talk no longer holds. Quality is Quality. I keep saying this. And it will always show itself.

Also, add or subtract applies to the Bible only...

Transfermrkt is not the Bible naa... grin

It definitely holds if we look into logical as asserted by you.

Sadiq on the list of the Most Valuable doesn’t tantamount to being better than a Moffi.

That’s just about marketing. That’s all.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by temi1290: 9:48pm On Oct 05, 2021
andrewbaba44:

Wow the best 9 in Europe are all Nigerians

So a Nigeria striker is the best in the epl and Laliga

Nice one

I'm not supporting anyone in this debate but what he said was "best AFRICAN 9s are Nigerians", not best 9s in Europe.

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by MetalJigsaw(m): 9:48pm On Oct 05, 2021
daveP:
I sha know those SOuth American and European Defenders go chop am from the African XI. Oblak fit be the difference.
I concur

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheSuperNerd(m): 9:49pm On Oct 05, 2021
He scored 24 in all comps and he is still valued at 40million by Transfermrkt abi.

I wonder if you have even watched enough of en-nesyri. Lol

Simy out-scored him in the European Golden shoe rankings. Same with Onuachu... why aren't you talking about them in the Africa XI then? Why En-Nesyri?

You are only dribbling yourself here. Lol

Osimhen is Africa's number 1 Striker right now and it is obvious why. The English press will even laugh at you for arguing. Lol

forgiveness:

He scored 24 goals in all competitions. Are those not relevant?

Doing it in Laliga with Sevilla is not like doing it in Seria A with Napoli, na. I am just using your word against you. It’s okay.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by temi1290: 9:49pm On Oct 05, 2021
forgiveness:

So Lewan and Benzema are playing baseball, abi?

Lewandoski and Benzema ain't AFRICANS.

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheSuperNerd(m): 9:51pm On Oct 05, 2021
It doesn't hold because I just brought up Mitrovic and you began speaking in other tongues. Lol

Just don't prolong this abeg. I have made my point. Any other thing is extraneous.

forgiveness:

It definitely holds if we look into logical as asserted by you.

Sadiq on the list of the Most Valuable doesn’t tantamount to being better than a Moffi.

That’s just about marketing. That’s all.

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by andrewbaba44: 9:52pm On Oct 05, 2021
temi1290:

I'm not supporting anyone in this debate but what he said was "best AFRICAN 9s are Nigerians", not best 9s in Europe.
I don get am jare bro

Thanks

2 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by forgiveness: 9:56pm On Oct 05, 2021
TheSuperNerd:
He scored 24 in all comps and he is still valued at 40million by Transfermrkt abi.

I wonder if you have even watched enough of en-nesyri. Lol

Simy out-scored him in the European Golden shoe rankings. Same with Onuachu... why aren't you talking about them in the Africa XI then? Why En-Nesyri?

You are only dribbling yourself here. Lol

Osimhen is Africa's number 1 Striker right now and it is obvious why. The English press will even laugh at you for arguing. Lol

I just finished watching him. What a fantastic player. Abi my eyes Dey deceive me, ni.

Haba, I talked about them here and I said going by that the Moroccan should be there because he did it in a better league with a world class team.

I didn’t even mention Daka with 34 goals in all competitions and even won both best player and top scorer in Austria.

Only on Nairaland is Osimhen the best. I can agree to that.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by forgiveness: 9:57pm On Oct 05, 2021
TheSuperNerd:
It doesn't hold because I just brought up Mitrovic and you began speaking in other tongues. Lol

Just don't prolong this abeg. I have made my point. Any other thing is extraneous.

Good! We can agree you made your humble point based on your personal opinion. Yes! Me too.

Case closed.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by forgiveness: 9:59pm On Oct 05, 2021
temi1290:

Lewandoski and Benzema ain't AFRICANS.

Noted. Thanks

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheSuperNerd(m): 10:00pm On Oct 05, 2021
forgiveness:

Good! We can agree you made your humble point based on your personal opinion. Yes! Me too.

Case closed.

Some things never change. grin

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Danielnino00(m): 10:02pm On Oct 05, 2021
TheSuperNerd:

You always want to make things look like Osimhen vs lheanacho either directly or indirectly. You don't have to affirm it. I can smell it in your posts whenever Osimhen is praised and you make it sound like Nacho is ignored.

Let me spell it out to you again... you don't rate Iheanacho more than I do. Almost Everyone in here can vouch for that.

So whenever you quote me, always remember that you don't rate Nacho more than I do.

Remember last season when he was always trash talking Osimhen.. lol..
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheSuperNerd(m): 10:10pm On Oct 05, 2021
forgiveness:

I just finished watching him. What a fantastic player. Abi my eyes Dey deceive me, ni.

Haba, I talked about them here and I said going by that the Moroccan should be there because he did it in a better league with a world class team.

I didn’t even mention Daka with 34 goals in all competitions and even won both best player and top scorer in Austria.

Only on Nairaland is Osimhen the best. I can agree to that.

Oga, Osimhen is the best Striker on the continent today.

It goes beyond NL at this point. It is his decade now. He is the Gold standard bearer for Strikers from Africa at the moment.
Daka, En-Nesyri, Onuachu, Moffi, Barrow, Niane, Dia, etc are fantastic Strikers in their own rights.
Just like we had Yakubu, Martins, and Gyan and co back in 2000s/early 2010s.... but we had the likes of Drogba and Eto'o as the gold standard bearers of Strikers in that era.

Wake up and smell the coffee man. This is the reality. Run from it now, deny it all you want, but the truth stands.

Osimhen is in that class of gold standard bearers for Strikers on the continent today alongside Aubameyang who is already handing over the torch. This goes beyond opinion.

Have a good evening. wink

10 Likes 4 Shares

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheSuperNerd(m): 10:15pm On Oct 05, 2021
Danielnino00:

Remember last season when he was always trash talking Osimhen.. lol..

I surely haven't forgotten My good man, Dan wink

It is well. grin

Meanwhile, been a good while... I greet you Dan.

2 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheSuperNerd(m): 10:28pm On Oct 05, 2021
Asisat Oshoala delivers: UWCL Group stage Action

The Superzee was on fire today as usual. Bagged a goal and an assist as reigning European Champs, FC Barcelona Femeni thrashed Arsenal LFC 4-1.

He featured for 71mins.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Napoleon55(m): 10:29pm On Oct 05, 2021
forgiveness:

That's not the point else Messi wouldn't have made South America's first eleven.
Leave messi out of this ,it's pointless .
Messi just won copa america in south america n comes tops as their best player,
n he is on corse to win his next ballon' d'or,
so he deserved to be chosen ahead every other player in that region.

U can make a case 4 Abu but Osimhen will get d nod

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by 12large1: 10:32pm On Oct 05, 2021
TheSuperNerd:

You’re obviously DELUDED if you think that’s where I’m going. The problem with some of you guys is that anything contrary to Osi opinion, you will classify that person as a foe. First of all, you don’t like osimehn nor want osimehn to succeed more than I do. But, the difference between you and I is that I am impartial while you’re partial. (Why wouldn’t you) osimehn gave you a jersey. Also, like I said, a player has to be consistent for XYZ amount of time before he gets the privilege of being a king of the continent. If not, 1 season wonders will be alluded as kings. Last season, Iheanacho was Nigeria best striker but I wouldn’t had include him in an all African 11 simply because of “consistency” As good as osimehn is, he hasn’t surpassed aubemeyang overall contributions and shouldn’t just be handed that African number 9 until he shows consistency. Like I said, by your logic Lionel messi shouldn’t be included in South American 11 and your response was simply “messi is messi” that statement already invalidated your argument

8 Likes 3 Shares

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by JoyIsSweet: 10:34pm On Oct 05, 2021
TheSuperNerd:

I surely haven't forgotten My good man, Dan wink

It is well. grin

Meanwhile, been a good while... I greet you Dan.

Abeg just change your name from TheSuperNerd to VAR

2 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) ... (11282) (11283) (11284) (11285) (11286) (11287) (11288) ... (16137) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: TheSuperNerd(m), EricZeal(m), opes, caprikon, Oasis007(m), forgiveness, Marjoribanks, Kog45(m), lovewins, LordTheus(m), Cecco90, charlesemeka85(m) and 15 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 60
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.