Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,516 members, 7,830,530 topics. Date: Friday, 17 May 2024 at 01:55 AM

"The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup - Sports (11286) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup (11756567 Views)

Cameroon's Douala Stadium Artificial Grassfield For AFCON 2019 Stolen / Super Eagles Arrive In Uyo, Train Ahead Of Their AFCON 2019 Qualifier (Pictures) / AFCON 2019: Nigeria To Battle South Africa For A Place (Full Draws) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (11283) (11284) (11285) (11286) (11287) (11288) (11289) ... (16184) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by 12large1: 10:36pm On Oct 05, 2021
Currently, this season, osimehn is Africa best number 9. But, if we’re selecting Africa 11 based on the past few seasons and accumulating this season performance, it’s still aubemeyang. The likes of osimehn, Iheanacho, Morocco guy has to show consistency at the top for a certain period to finally reclaim that African number 9 torch bearer. As for now, that position still belongs to aubemeyang but he is old and the position is available for anyone to reclaim. Can you imagine excluding Lionel Messi from South America 11 just because he only has 1 goal this season?? You see how foolish that sounds. The truth is bitter, but it has to be spoken for our analysis not to lose it’s integrity

3 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheSuperNerd(m): 10:38pm On Oct 05, 2021
12large1:

You’re obviously DELUDED if you think that’s where I’m going. The problem with some of you guys is that anything contrary to Osi opinion, you will classify that person as a foe. First of all, you don’t like osimehn nor want osimehn to succeed more than I do. But, the difference between you and I is that I am impartial while you’re partial. (Why wouldn’t you) osimehn gave you a jersey. Also, like I said, a player has to be consistent for XYZ amount of time before he gets the privilege of being a king of the continent. If not, 1 season wonders will be alluded as kings. Last season, Iheanacho was Nigeria best striker but I wouldn’t had included him in an all African 11 simply because of “consistency” As good as osimehn is, he hasn’t surpassed aubemeyang overall contributions and shouldn’t just be handed that African number 9 until he shows consistency. Like I said, by your logic Lionel messi shouldn’t be included in South American 11 and your response was simply “messi is messi” that statement already invalidated your argument

Ofcos you would deny it but the length of your epistle gives you away. Didn't even bother reading.

And remember, all this yansh you are shaking and noise you are making in Iheanacho's name makes me laugh. Mister, You no do pass me in here when it comes to Iheanacho's matter. Just ask around the thread.

Only difference between me and you is that I know where to draw the line. And I don't pit Naija player vs Naija player like you are obviously trying to do.

Have a good evening. grin

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by BascoVanVeli(m): 10:52pm On Oct 05, 2021
TheSuperNerd:
Asisat Oshoala delivers: UWCL Group stage Action

The Superzee was on fire today as usual. Bagged a goal and an assist as reigning European Champs, FC Barcelona Femeni thrashed Arsenal LFC 4-1.

He featured for 71mins.

She also had a hand in the first goal.

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheSuperNerd(m): 10:55pm On Oct 05, 2021
BascoVanVeli:

She also had a hand in the first goal.

True that. A big hand infact. Only that it won't count as 2 assists. But doesn't dent her world class showing this evening. Elite Baller she remains. The Reigning African GOAT for excellent reasons. cool

2 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by 12large1: 10:58pm On Oct 05, 2021
TheSuperNerd:

Ofcos you would deny it but the length of your epistle gives you away. Didn't even bother reading.

And remember, all this yansh you are shaking and noise you are making in Iheanacho's name makes me laugh. Mister, You no do pass me in here when it comes to Iheanacho's matter. Just ask around the thread.

Only difference between me and you is that I know where to draw the line. And I don't pit Naija player vs Naija player like you are obviously trying to do.

Have a good evening. grin

Soon as he loses an argument, the man results to sentimental jargons. Of course, you will claim that you didn't read it simply because in your heart, you know that you're wrong and do not want to admit. Like I asked you. Based on this season performance, will you include Lionel messi on your South American 11 this season and your response was "messi is messi" that statement just invalidated your entire argument regarding this case

2 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheSuperNerd(m): 11:09pm On Oct 05, 2021
12large1:

Soon as he loses an argument, the man results to sentimental jargons. Of course, you will claim that you didn't read it simply because in your heart, you know that you're wrong and do not want to admit. Like I asked you. Based on this season performance, will you include Lionel messi on your South American 11 this season and your response was "messi is messi" that statement just invalidated your entire argument regarding this case

Loses what argument? LOL.... Boy, you really should respect the word "Deluded". grin

Biko, I don't have time for your squabbling-style of talk. Bye. wink

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by 12large1: 11:13pm On Oct 05, 2021
Kelechi was Africa best striker last season, but they no born anybody well to put him in Africa current 11 simply because of lack of consistency. To be the undisputed African king, you must give us Atleast 3 solid seasons of world class performance.

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by forgiveness: 11:17pm On Oct 05, 2021
damagnificentusb:

You're laughing at your joke already
grin grin cheesy

So, in your mind, Goal.com award is more prestigious than CAF award? grin

I know know why I Dey comment again.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Neobulletzz(m): 11:22pm On Oct 05, 2021
Philosopher1979:

Algeria is not as big as Nigeria in football. We have reached the semi finals of afcon 15 times with 3 afcon wins and we have dominated the Olympics and for an African country we have a better world cup record than Algeria.
Algeria is nothing compared to Nigeria in global football.
Something must be wrong somewhere for him to choose Algeria. What is Algeria in football compared to Nigeria. I mean before the last afcon they had won it onle once and how many times have they reached afcon semi finals. We did not market ourselves well that's all. I mean we are even better in youth football
Baba all these does not matter, players look at the now now past

Chelsea is not a bigger football club than AC Milan but you as a player, the two clubs are fighting for you at the moment, would you choose Ac Milan because of their past legacy, obviously you know who you would sign for at the moment

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by jihday(m): 11:41pm On Oct 05, 2021
forgiveness:

Then Messi shouldn’t have made the list for South America and Youssef En-Nesyris should be there with 24 goals for Sevilla in Laliga.

Or is Sevilla and Laliga moimoi league?

Why Osimhen?

Messi was the best player in the recently played Copa America. When was the last time Aubameyang did anything tangible in football

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by humility33(m): 11:45pm On Oct 05, 2021
I saw this somewhere

It looks more like the expected line up come Thursday

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by 12large1: 11:46pm On Oct 05, 2021
jihday:
Messi was the best player in the recently played Copa America. When was the last time Aubameyang did anything tangible in football

Even iheanacho was Nigeria best striker last season, but I am not including him in Africa current 11. Like I said, you must give us 3 seasons of world class performance to be the undisputed torch bearer in your continent. In the events that multiple players give us 3 years of consistent World class performance, majority carries the vote

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by 12large1: 11:47pm On Oct 05, 2021
humility33:
I saw this somewhere

This man is still toiling with Nigeria selection. Make we nor reach final or win ANC, he has to go. It's so many talented players at his disposal

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheSuperNerd(m): 11:54pm On Oct 05, 2021
Top post, Papa Haaland. grin

Short but in it are hidden Midfield truths about the struggles of our darling Super Eagles.

Amoo for AMF (in the long term future as we have Iwobi now) but Nwakali or Alhassan to be solve our Ball playing CMF issues RIGHT NOW.
But truth is, some will fight this because they have their own agenda. Some don't like the name Nwakali. Others don't know the name Alhassan and may think he isn't ready. Then some again will underrate an Amoo when they haven't watched him enough.

We have an underlying problem in the Super Eagles Midfield even in the presence of Aribo and Etebo and that problem is that we don't just pull off those lines-breaking passes through the middle. We don't create moments of deliberate forward passes that break defensive structures through the middle.

We don't oil the wheels of our passing game enough in the middle and that is because our current Midfield options are made up of "Workrate" merchants, Physical runners, 1-2 pass executors and short passers with the total absence of Bonafide Midfield conductors who are adept at Forward passing and effortless switch of plays via long balls and long-vision oriented lines breaking passes.

It is a huge problem for us and I really shake my head at the thought of an Aribo-Onyeka-Ndidi Midfield or even an Iwobi-Onyeka-Ndidi coming up against the best on the continent. We would be eaten up.

Why do I say so?

In the first case: Aribo-Onyeka-Ndidi...

...We would Match them workrate for workrate, and power for power but we won't match them Vision for Vision.... or Lines-breaking passing for Lines-breaking passing. We just won't.

An Aribo-Onyeka-Ndidi Midfield is badly unbalanced and has all three almost mirroring each other in most functions. We don't need 2 or 3 of the same. Onyeka and Ndidi are almost the same. Aribo is the most forward thinking of the 3, offers strong workrate as well BUT he doesn't know how to dictate plays. It is just not in his style of play. He is a good ball carrier but not a tempo dictator and hardly delivers lines-breaking passes against defensive deep blocks.

Watch him and see. A very decent player with good workrate and quick feet but he is not the midfield conductor most want him to be and it is not his fault. It is just not his style. It is not his in his skillset to dictate the tempo of a game.

With that Midfield, we would likely overpower the likes of Ghana, Tunisia and Mali, etc especially as Aribo has a knack for joining the attack as a late-arriving "invisible forward" and that can trouble teams on the continent that don't track Midfield runners from deep......

....BUT against the Likes of CIV, Senegal, Morocco, and Algeria (most especially Algeria and Morocco) we would be exposed greatly.
The deficient ball playing frailties in that MF setup of ours would show greatly. We just would struggle to create anything through the middle & struggle to dominate the ball for periods. We would look to the wings and what happens when they double up on our wingers (our true creative outlet in this setup)??

I have much to analyse on this but this would do for now.

In the 2nd case: Iwobi-Onyeka-Ndidi

Nna eh, this would fare a bit better because in Iwobi we have a true quick-witted Creative outlet through the middle but he would be primarily tasked with carrying out his roles between the defensive lines of the opposition... in the hole or space between the Opposition's DMF and their Defenders.

But the problem here is that Onyeka is no accomplished ball playing Midfield distributor. A decent passer and high presser but not as adept on the ball as a bonafide Midfield conductor in the CM role.

Ndidi would sit in this setup and shield and alongside a Midfield horse like Onyeka, you can say we would give a strong account in the defensive phases but what happens in the offensive phases?? Ndidi can occasionally send the long ball but he would be too occupied with defensive duties and positioning to do that too often.
And Onyeka mirrors most of the things Ndidi can do so that leaves Iwobi to sometimes drop deeper than necessary to try create something from deep and that gives the opponent an advantage as we would be one man short in the final third with no one operating between the defensive lines of the opposition's DMF and CBs.... thus Iwobi becomes overworked, does try to create a few chances and our finishing of few chances or half chances would determine our final result.
Doesn't look good in my books. We have seen this play out before vs Algeria just last year.

I could also go on with this analysis but I stop here for now.

It is under these lights of tactical/technical understanding of our Midfielders' abilities, attributes and Characteristics/styles of plays plus the numbers ofcos.... that I strongly believe that a Super Eagles Midfield of either:

1. Iwobi-Alhassan-Ndidi

2. Iwobi-Nwakali-Ndidi

.... Will strike the best dynamic balance in the middle game of the Super Eagles.

In either setups, we have a World Class Midfield shield in Ndidi... a true AM in Iwobi with quick Vision and capable of gliding into/through and exploiting the spaces left by the Opposition's DMF and CBs and lastly a bonafide ball playing Central Midfield Conductor/dictator who also offers very decent defensive shifts when in defensive phases of play, can easily exploit passing gap opportunities to deliver lines-breaking passes that disrupt defensive structures, can switch plays with any kind of passing (long or short) to create Attacking phases out of nothing, and more.

This is the solution... but ofcoz... some would keep analysing along the path of "My Faves" is not mentioned. I am here talking what will lift the quality of our midfield plays so that we can finally see our attack reach its craziest potentials.

One of the big reasons our attack struggles most times is because of the imbalance and lack of ball playing nous in our Super Eagles' middle game. Leaving the burden of creativity to the wings make us too predictable and easy to strategise against. A balanced Midfield makes us more dynamic and kinda unpredictable coz of the presence of a ballplaying dictator which can switch our plays either through the middle or via the wings. His long Vision permits him to do that.

Our midfield ball playing struggles continue. And Rohr hasn't fixed it yet despite calling in Kingsley Michael and Innocent Bonke as new faces. Kingsley impressed for a newbie as he kept the ball maturedly and showed good cover in the middle while Bonke Played the role of MF Destroyer BUT the Ball playing problem persists.

We have enough personnel to cover the "workrate angle" in the middle. Even Iwobi is very hardworking in the GWG. What we need now to fully lift the quality of our midfield plays is a player capable of "exerting control" over proceedings in tandem with Ndidi's and Iwobi's complementary qualities.

We have the workrate... now we need the control.

Chikena.

elyte89:
D day we start appt our own and support dem ,den we won't av headache over our fb choices.. As far as I am concerned my hopes lies on amoo and nwakali to solve our amf issues...ire o cool

13 Likes 3 Shares

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Neobulletzz(m): 11:56pm On Oct 05, 2021
PurpleHouse:

Very proud people.

I have won so much in life due to humility and Negotiation strategies. Even the queen of my life that guys could not talk to due to her too much beauty and ikebe, as they were scared of rejection, I patiently toasted her sweetly for months only to realize she was even a Virgin. Na me win last last.

Learning how to talk, negotiate, communicate, and compassionate is a skill many Nigerians lack. Wa want am now now. That's where failure start.

If Rohr had don the needful like you rightly pointed out, all the FBs we approach, given enough time, will play for us. But he does it with no seriousness. Just blabbing via newspapers.

Go see the young man, he was probably waiting for you. But no!!!
Naso cheesy cheesy

Sakamanje
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by damagnificentusb(m): 12:01am On Oct 06, 2021
humility33:
I saw this somewhere

I miss the KOC triumvirate combo. With iwobi just behind the striker. That combo was devastating again ukraine.

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by daveP(m): 12:03am On Oct 06, 2021
TheSuperNerd:
Meanwhile Oshoala is destroying Arsenal ladies in Uefa Women's Champions league football.

Arsenal parade one of the finest Strikers in the Women's game in Vivianne Miedema and they recently destroyed Man City ladies in the English WSL.

Oshoala and Barca girls are balling like the True European Champs that they are.

Uefa no too recognize her strides, and i no like am. Hopefully she does it again and they'll be unable to hide or sideline her face when it comes to women's best.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheSuperNerd(m): 12:08am On Oct 06, 2021
Based on the players in camp, it is very likely the lineup we should expect.

Onyeka over Bonke for me as DM. That is the right call. He is the bonafide Ndidi backup and should not even be paired alongside Ndidi unless when playing less fancied or less tactical teams.

Onyeka-Aribo-Iheanacho could be the midfield against CAR and I trust they should be able to do enough to get us over the line.

Only change is the tactical setup of having Iheanacho up top with but a little more withdrawn behind Osimhen. A 4-4-2 kinda which deviates from a 4-2-3-1 as shown in your post.

Also, It would be the first time Onyeka plays DM (in the GWG) if he indeed starts and I would be paying close attention to his role because Ndidi needs a backup and he is my crowned backup to Ndidi. This would be his first test in the role in the GWG.

Post modified:

Included Iwobi in error. Guess I miss his absence in the middle.

humility33:
I saw this somewhere

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Subzero047: 12:41am On Oct 06, 2021
humility33:
I saw this somewhere

Nowhere near, we are going with the 4-4-2 for the foreseeable future
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheSuperNerd(m): 12:46am On Oct 06, 2021
Super Eagles in Camp: #NGACAR

Super Eagles' New Boy.

21 y/o Calvin Bassey Ughelumba. Glasgow Rangers Leftback who has been used rotationally this season with Borna Barisic (Croatia's #1 LB).

Both he and Barisic have similar number of games this season with Calvin playing CB in their last UEL game (due to Helander's injury) while Barisic played LB.

See small intro featuring Leon Balogun on Leon's Instagram story (also reposted on Super Eagles' Instagram story) in link below...
https://instagram.com/stories/leonbalogun/2677871368809147490?utm_medium=share_sheet

NB: Story was 8 hrs old at the time of this post.

Meanwhile, see an excited Bassey on Super Eagles Instagram post in link below...
https://www.instagram.com/p/CUowBQ0jXVY/?utm_medium=copy_link

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheSuperNerd(m): 12:49am On Oct 06, 2021

1. Taiwo "The gangling" Michael Awoniyi.

2. Frank "The Tank" Ogochukwu Onyeka.

Courtesy: @Oganlamedia

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheSuperNerd(m): 12:55am On Oct 06, 2021

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by edi287: 2:10am On Oct 06, 2021
cromz:
He is a baller and so are all the aforementioned players. He is not a special talent by any means for him to feel he can turn down Nigeria.
Continue to dey talk that one. We all know Olise would've brought a totally different dimension to our midfield.
Sha na here we dey.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by edi287: 2:13am On Oct 06, 2021
Kog45:
Yes he is a baller but why not England or France?
Why not Algeria tbh? Pound for pound those guys are ahead of us atm.

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by drDoom3(m): 2:18am On Oct 06, 2021
12large1:

Osimehn vs aubemeyang are we going for current form or overall? On current form it's osimehn but overall in the past few years, it's Aubameyang

I wonder how you guys rate players. Osimhen is 22. He hadn't even started playing professional football when Auba was doing wonders with Dortmund.

This is just like comparing Haaland and Ronaldo. Totally unfair. Even Haaland was not that prolific until he joined Salzburg like two or three seasons ago.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by drDoom3(m): 2:29am On Oct 06, 2021
chrisooblog:
I agree. I love (no homo) Osimhen to bits but he will need to be doing what he is currently doing consistently for at least 2 seasons straight before we get into the conversion about him being better than greats like Aubameyang who has been consistent for at least 8 of the past 10 years.

That's the thing.

When people value Osimhen highly, it is not because of what he has done in the past. Onuachu hits 30 goals a season consistently but people don't rate him. Have you asked yourself why?

The reason people rate players like Osimhen so highly is because everyone sees qualities he has on the pitch that make him better than everyone else. Mind you, these are not qualities that are based on the type of team/league the player is in , or whether he has good teammates or not. Individual qualities like pace, power, strength, finishing, sharpness, pressing ability, dribbling, eye for passes, unselfishness, set-pieces, aerial prowess. These are individual qualities that makes players who have them automatically valued higher, whether they are the top scorer that year or not. This is because players who bring these qualities to a team make the team better, and these qualities can make a player singlehandedly change a game. The more qualities a player has, and the better a player is at a certain quality, the higher the player is valued.

Osimhen is so highly valued because he has more (and better) of these qualities than almost any other player in his position currently. Simple and short.

3 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheSuperNerd(m): 2:50am On Oct 06, 2021
12large1:

You’re obviously DELUDED if you think that’s where I’m going. The problem with some of you guys is that anything contrary to Osi opinion, you will classify that person as a foe. First of all, you don’t like osimehn nor want osimehn to succeed more than I do. But, the difference between you and I is that I am impartial while you’re partial. (Why wouldn’t you) osimehn gave you a jersey. Also, like I said, a player has to be consistent for XYZ amount of time before he gets the privilege of being a king of the continent. If not, 1 season wonders will be alluded as kings. Last season, Iheanacho was Nigeria best striker but I wouldn’t had include him in an all African 11 simply because of “consistency” As good as osimehn is, he hasn’t surpassed aubemeyang overall contributions and shouldn’t just be handed that African number 9 until he shows consistency. Like I said, by your logic Lionel messi shouldn’t be included in South American 11 and your response was simply “messi is messi” that statement already invalidated your argument

Chisos!!! I just decided to take a peek and I was right to not even bother reading this rubbish.

So the fact Osimhen sent me a Jersey makes your point valid?? Is this how intellectually poor you are? You had to go there didn't you? grin

You couldn't even hide your jealousy and obvious silliness. Before such came my way, haven't I always rated Osimhen so highly?? When Osimhen was still 17 going on 18, I was talking him up in here alongside TheGoodJoe, so what is all this nonsense about a Jersey?

I knew it would take only unintelligent folks to reference that and try use it in an argument and I can see that fellow unintelligent and jealous folks join you in liking such a silly statement.

Well, I am not surprised. I can even see one of you right now peeping in and liking the post. grin Those who hide behind posts like these to vent their jealousy while trying to sound intelligent in other discussions. grin wink

Honestly, you have the mind of a little boy who understands very little.

No one buys my opinion or thoughts. No one. But because your mindset is so small, so pollutedly warped and so beaten, you actually think my words is/are influenced by a Jersey. You really need help. You are truly a man with the mind of a little immature kid. I am sorry, but that is the plain truth (it shows in the way you engage folks here from time to time).

The same goes to those who liked/shared your comment. Bunch of jealous bitter fellows. grin Lol... you are all sick and need serious help. God... wow.. lol

Have a good day abeg. grin

P.S: I know say the Jersey episode pain some of una. Not everyone was impressed. grin

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Joebie: 2:54am On Oct 06, 2021
Guys read this brilliant write up from Jide Alaka. I wish players like "Success, Yahaya etc will think about this seriously.

ANALYSIS: Metamorphosis of Awoniyi has Osimhen undertone

https://www.premiumtimesng.com/news/headlines/486795-analysis-metamorphosis-of-awoniyi-has-osimhen-undertone.html

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheSuperNerd(m): 2:56am On Oct 06, 2021
And anyone trying to use Lionel Messi, one of the greatest of the greatest footballers on the planet in football history, as a point to make a poor case for Aubameyang is obviously out of his/her depths in football analysis.

Messi and CR7 will make any list in the modern game anytime, anywhere regardless of form. They are the GOATs of the modern era.

How dare you make reference to them when discussing Aubameyang? This just exposes some people's knowledge of the beautiful game.

Analysis is not for everyone. It is not. Na wa. Messi and Auba in same sentence... such a sacrilege.

I just can't stand it. Yuck!

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by drDoom3(m): 2:58am On Oct 06, 2021
Danielnino00:

This pitch needs remarking. You can barely see any white lines.

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheSuperNerd(m): 3:00am On Oct 06, 2021
Hopefully this will be her season of further recognition. She has started the group stage strongly. Really hopes she keeps fit and keep firing every matchday.

Jenni Hermoso is back though and that means rotation is inevitable but time will tell.

daveP:

Uefa no too recognize her strides, and i no like am. Hopefully she does it again and they'll be unable to hide or sideline her face when it comes to women's best.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheSuperNerd(m): 3:02am On Oct 06, 2021
JoyIsSweet:

Abeg just change your name from TheSuperNerd to VAR

grin grin grin

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (11283) (11284) (11285) (11286) (11287) (11288) (11289) ... (16184) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: Bbdot(m) and 4 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 87
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.