Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,806 members, 7,813,650 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 03:37 PM

"The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup - Sports (11283) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup (11630277 Views)

Cameroon's Douala Stadium Artificial Grassfield For AFCON 2019 Stolen / Super Eagles Arrive In Uyo, Train Ahead Of Their AFCON 2019 Qualifier (Pictures) / AFCON 2019: Nigeria To Battle South Africa For A Place (Full Draws) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (11280) (11281) (11282) (11283) (11284) (11285) (11286) ... (16136) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by daveP(m): 7:21pm On Oct 05, 2021
forgiveness:

Dude! Youssef En-Nesyri is there not to talk of Aubameyang.

Are you people being patriotic or being realistic?
As an Arsenal fan, i wont bat an eye to chose Auba, cos i know what he's capable of doing. But he's been really poor this season and Victor has been more clinical and better. If Victor go 15touches of the ball in 70mins, he'd be blasted rightly. They did just that for Auba vs Brighton. He's not outperforming any of the Nigerian strikers yet this season. Till then.

9 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by forgiveness: 7:26pm On Oct 05, 2021
Icon4s:

Ogbeni, take that your Yeye point and throw into a trash can. It is of no use here.
Why do you always make yourself a subject of ridicule. I was thinking you would have changed by now.

Na you get the forum? Who gave that authority to stop me from making my point here?

However, you seems to lack common sense by jumping into a debate you don’t have an idea but you think you are making reasonable sense.

Who is now the subject of ridicule between you and I?

Like I said, I don’t like discussing with novice.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by daveP(m): 7:27pm On Oct 05, 2021
forgiveness:

That’s not the point of debate.

The starting eleven for Africa should be be replaced with Youssef En-Nesyri instead of Osimhen based on the assertion here. Gbam

Okay. I wonder how you'd present this to Goal.com's compilation team that chose this XI, assuming you were given a fair chance to say otherwise. But you haven't even justified any. They may not be The final say, but as far as Africa is concerned, that's our current most lethal XI.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by chrisooblog: 7:30pm On Oct 05, 2021
I agree. I love (no homo) Osimhen to bits but he will need to be doing what he is currently doing consistently for at least 2 seasons straight before we get into the conversion about him being better than greats like Aubameyang who has been consistent for at least 8 of the past 10 years.

forgiveness:

Oga! Based on your assertion, Youssef En-Nesyri was the best last season.

I am being realistic and and emotionally attached to blind patriotism.

Osimhen is still coming up.

4 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Icon4s(m): 7:30pm On Oct 05, 2021
forgiveness:

Na you get the forum? Who gave that authority to stop me from making my point here?

However, you seems to lack common sense by jumping into a debate you don’t have an idea but you think you are making reasonable sense.

Who is now the subject of ridicule between you and I?

Like I said, I don’t like discussing with novice.

grin grin

See how you continue to make a ridicule of your self.

Anyways, continue to roll in your mud as usual.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by BascoVanVeli(m): 7:32pm On Oct 05, 2021
forgiveness:

Then Messi shouldn’t have made the list for South America and Youssef En-Nesyris should be there with 24 goals for Sevilla in Laliga.

Or is Sevilla and Laliga moimoi league?

Why Osimhen?

I said the eye test bah? Messi and Osimhen pass the eye test respectively. I like En-Nesyris btw but a striker like Victor just offers so much.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by forgiveness: 7:33pm On Oct 05, 2021
humility33:

Thanks for this
It very glaring

Even Taiwo currently have scored more goals than Ahybemeyang he mentioned but i understand the epl is rated higher than German league

Because Taiwo scored more goals than Aubameyang, he is now better than Aubameyang, right?

What a joke!

That’s why I don’t like coming here. Blind patriotism is killing some people here.

3 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by forgiveness: 7:59pm On Oct 05, 2021
daveP:

Who is currently?

Besides the Best African 9s in Europe right now are all Nigerians. Pray and announce who else abeg.

Goal's Own Compilation vs Yours. I can't wait.

So Lewan and Benzema are playing baseball, abi?
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by forgiveness: 8:01pm On Oct 05, 2021
humility33:

Search yourself well
You know why you're arguing this. You know

Nothing more than to tell you the reality.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by damagnificentusb(m): 8:02pm On Oct 05, 2021
forgiveness:

Because Taiwo scored more goals than Aubameyang, he is now better than Aubameyang, right?

What a joke!

That’s why I don’t like coming here. Blind patriotism is killing some people here.

Look who's giving lectures. Earlier today you said Reece james isn't better than Aina.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by forgiveness: 8:04pm On Oct 05, 2021
daveP:
As an Arsenal fan, i wont bat an eye to chose Auba, cos i know what he's capable of doing. But he's been really poor this season and Victor has been more clinical and better. If Victor go 15touches of the ball in 70mins, he'd be blasted rightly. They did just that for Auba vs Brighton. He's not outperforming any of the Nigerian strikers yet this season. Till then.

Anyway, I have made my own point.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by forgiveness: 8:05pm On Oct 05, 2021
damagnificentusb:

Look who's giving lectures. Earlier today you said Reece james isn't better than Aina.

Reece is not better. Why do you think Chelsea was after Hakim or what?

If Aina or Moses were in Chelsea, he will not see game time.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by forgiveness: 8:07pm On Oct 05, 2021
chrisooblog:
I agree. I love (no homo) Osimhen to[b] bits but he will need to be doing what he is currently doing consistently for at least 2 seasons straight[/b] before we get into the conversion about him being better than greats like Aubameyang who has been consistent for at least 8 of the past 10 years.

Gbam!
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by forgiveness: 8:09pm On Oct 05, 2021
Icon4s:

grin grin

See how you continue to make a ridicule of your self.

Anyways, continue to roll in your mud as usual.

Move on and stop disgracing yourself by jumping into conversation you know nothing about. Of course! You confirmed that.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by jargooflife912(m): 8:13pm On Oct 05, 2021
Yeah it looks like he is joining Enugu Rangers
He has house in Lekki Lagos he spends most of his holiday in Lekki
AndSunGorilla:
Basco (BVV) is it true Sessegnon is joining Enugu Rangers? The Sessesgnon that played alongside Osaze at WestBrom.

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by forgiveness: 8:14pm On Oct 05, 2021
BascoVanVeli:

I said the eye test bah? Messi and Osimhen pass the eye test respectively. I like En-Nesyris btw but a striker like Victor just offers so much.

Okay na
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by andrewbaba44: 8:27pm On Oct 05, 2021
Icon4s:

Chairman. Not a matter of patriotism, I am an Arsenal fan. Aubameyang has not done better than Osimhen this Year. Even Onuachu has been better than Aubameyang this calendar Year.

Many players has done better than Messi since the season started ,so that makes them better than Messi ?

Make una try Dey respect some players abeg

2 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by andrewbaba44: 8:31pm On Oct 05, 2021
daveP:

Who is currently?

Besides the Best African 9s in Europe right now are all Nigerians. Pray and announce who else abeg.

Goal's Own Compilation vs Yours. I can't wait.

Wow the best 9 in Europe are all Nigerians

So a Nigeria striker is the best in the epl and Laliga

Nice one

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by AndSunGorilla: 8:32pm On Oct 05, 2021
jargooflife912:
Yeah it looks like He has house in Lekki Lagos he spends most of his holiday in Lekki
That's interesting, intact if some of our foreign pros could play in the NPFL in the twilight of their career would be really nice.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheSuperNerd(m): 8:32pm On Oct 05, 2021
chrisooblog:
I agree. I love (no homo) Osimhen to bits but he will need to be doing what he is currently doing consistently for at least 2 seasons straight before we get into the conversion about him being better than greats like Aubameyang who has been consistent for at least 8 of the past 10 years.

No one questions Aubameyang's legacies. The only point is RIGHT NOW.
Auba has been great and his world class quality remains but we are in Osimhen's world now.

Osimhen is the best Striker on the continent and it's not even a close call now.

It seems it has also gone under the radar that he is Africa's most valuable Striker on the market today and his value is bound to keep going up before the end of the season.

Only 9 CFs in world football are more valued than Osimhen today according to Transfermrkt. That should tell us something and more.

Screenshots below:

1. Osimhen ranking #1 most valuable among African CFs.

2. Osimhen ranking #10 most valuable among all CFs in world football today.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by andrewbaba44: 8:32pm On Oct 05, 2021
daveP:
I sha know those SOuth American and European Defenders go chop am from the African XI. Oblak fit be the difference.

Story

Na so una Dey talk ,South Americans and African defenders go chop am for African XI my foot
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by damagnificentusb(m): 8:37pm On Oct 05, 2021
andrewbaba44:

Story

Na so una Dey talk ,South Americans and African defenders go chop am for African XI my foot

The african ix attack is actually very potent. So what's your argument??
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by kingphilip(m): 8:37pm On Oct 05, 2021
andrewbaba44:

Wow the best 9 in Europe are all Nigerians

So a Nigeria striker is the best in the epl and Laliga

Nice one
he said the best African 9 and not the best 9.

Abeg now make una de read well to stop misinterpreting people.

2 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by andrewbaba44: 8:38pm On Oct 05, 2021
TheSuperNerd:

Auba has been great and his world class quality remains but we are in Osimhen's world now.

Osimhen is the best Striker on the continent and it's not even a close call now.

It seems it has also gone under the radar that he is Africa's most valuable Striker on the market today and his value is bound to keep going up before the end of the season.

Only 9 CFs in world football are more valued than Osimhen today according to Transfermrkt. That should tell us something and more.

Screenshots below:

Most better strikers are in their 30s or approaching so for sure osimhen will be more valuable than many

Not taking anything away from him he has been fantastic,dude was bought for a record transfer fee for a reason and he is already showing he is worth it

Wow so Gabriel Jesus is this valuable and one guy will come and insult him here always grin
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheSuperNerd(m): 8:39pm On Oct 05, 2021
Absolutely. And the most complete of them all as well. grin

Next!!!!

forgiveness:

So Osimhen is the best African striker in Europe, abi?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by forgiveness: 8:43pm On Oct 05, 2021
TheSuperNerd:

Next!!!!

Personal opinion is not a crime,
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by andrewbaba44: 8:44pm On Oct 05, 2021
damagnificentusb:

The african ix attack is actually very potent. So what's your argument??

And the South American defenders are farmers who use to harvest cassava from Bolivia

Ordinary to break weak teams defence for World Cup African forwards go Dey fumble

Even Saudi defenders Dey pocket salah grin

3 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheSuperNerd(m): 8:46pm On Oct 05, 2021
That's for sure. Osimhen being ranked above CR7 (now classed as a striker) doesn't make him better than CR7. No. But this valuation thing is just one of the ways to look at things when it comes to talking best on the continent.

Osimhen is the only striker from Africa that will shatter the 100million+ euros ceiling soon. Not Daka. Not En-Nesyri (and this lad na my man!!! I love Moroccan football. I have always said that here). Not Haller. Not Iheanacho (you know I have his pictures in my room). And certainly not Aubameyang.

No other African striker at the moment Commands such value. Reports in Italy even say his value has tripled and is in the range of 120million euros. That's the striker we are talking about here.

Which striker on the continent Commands close to or the same Value pull?

And eye test and his all round stats easily show why he is worth all these hypes right now and will continue to be worth it for the next decade+.

And yes ooo... even Gabby J get value past my man, but ONLY for now. grin grin

andrewbaba44:

Most better strikers are in their 30s or approaching so for sure osimhen will be more valuable than many

Not taking anything away from him he has been fantastic,dude was bought for a record transfer fee for a reason and he is already showing he is worth it

Wow so Gabriel Jesus is this valuable and one guy will come and insult him here always grin

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheSuperNerd(m): 8:46pm On Oct 05, 2021
forgiveness:

Personal opinion is not a crime,

Argue with your favorite site. Lol grin

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TFLASHOGEE(m): 8:46pm On Oct 05, 2021
TheSuperNerd:

Next!!!!

supernerd you didn't say anything about the oliseh drama that has caused havoc on here today cheesy wink
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by andrewbaba44: 8:47pm On Oct 05, 2021
ChrisKels:

Name a better striker. I will wait

But Where was this energy for simmy last season when he was banging goals ?
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by forgiveness: 8:48pm On Oct 05, 2021
TheSuperNerd:

Screenshots below:

That's not the point else Messi wouldn't have made South America's first eleven.

(1) (2) (3) ... (11280) (11281) (11282) (11283) (11284) (11285) (11286) ... (16136) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: solonnachi, Stillwater10, johnjunior39(m), TheSuperNerd(m), Oasis007(m), aicon4s and 5 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 46
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.