Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,167,363 members, 7,868,053 topics. Date: Saturday, 22 June 2024 at 09:56 AM

"The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup - Sports (1149) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup (11972304 Views)

Cameroon's Douala Stadium Artificial Grassfield For AFCON 2019 Stolen / Super Eagles Arrive In Uyo, Train Ahead Of Their AFCON 2019 Qualifier (Pictures) / AFCON 2019: Nigeria To Battle South Africa For A Place (Full Draws) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (1146) (1147) (1148) (1149) (1150) (1151) (1152) ... (16380) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by komekn(m): 11:15pm On Jun 18, 2017
Icon4s:

What will you say of players like Osimhen, Yahaya, K. Nwakali, Awoniyi, Success that were tearing defenses apart at U17 level. Why are they not still tearing defenses in such manners. Or have their skills also been coached out?

Football has always been about progression in effect continous improvement.

What sets Ronaldo and Messi apart amongst other great players is they keep improving.

You could be a Lion at U17 level a year later you haven't upped your game and you get left behind. Intrinsic to football progression is the right mental attitude and resilience.

Youth players are only showing potential sometimes very good potential. That potential has to be confirmed and proven on the testing grounds of the football pitch at your professional football club.

I remember seeing a player at youth level he was fantastic at 14/15 playing right back for an EPL U16 side. He was continously the MOTM in most games he played. By 16 he had peaked did not improve and he was released and all my projection were 100% wrong.

This player could not cope with loss if his football career no money, etc he is currently now at her Majesties pleasure in the grey bar hotel.

All these guys were not better than Rabui ((new JJay)in his hey day classed among the top teenage prospects in the world. He is now forgotten and going nowhere fast.

Its all potential yet to be confirmed you must make good use of your opportunities. Or be forgotten. Right now the teenagers Mbappe and Dembele are proven, tested and highly wanted by all top clubs.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheSuperNerd(m): 11:31pm On Jun 18, 2017
Arsenal Want Nigerian Whizkid To Play For United States, Feyenoord Grooming Striker For Holland

The race for the services of the highly-rated Lateef Omidiji is not over as the United States Soccer Federation and the Royal Dutch Football Association remain interested in the Feyenoord striker despite the Nigerian Federation approaching the player and his entourage.

The 13-year-old sensation is being targeted by Nigeria and the United States to represent them in the 2019 Fifa U17 World Cup, and it can be revealed that Arsenal and Eredivisie champions Feyenoord will advise him before he decides where his international future lies.

''Lateef is bar none the best U14 player in the world by a large margin just based on two words - technical abilities,'' a top source close to Omidiji told allnigeriasoccer.com .

''His technique and work ethic is just too advanced for kids his age not to talk about his speed.

''If Nigeria do not hurry up and move from talking about pursuing him to bringing him to Nigeria and capping him, I fear they may still lose him to the Netherlands or United States.''

He added : ''I know Arsenal would prefer he plays with USA and Feyenoord would want him with the Netherlands

''The kid's love for your country is the only reason Nigeria might land him.''

Per Fifa rules and regulations, Lateef Omidiji will not be cap-tied to any country until he makes his competitive debut for the senior team.

**Ifeanyi Emmanuel

Source: http://allnigeriasoccer.com/read_news.php?nid=23463
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheSuperNerd(m): 12:52am On Jun 19, 2017
Uhmmmm... Sir Goldfish.... where did you see Valdivia? undecided

It was Charles Aranguiz, Arturo Vidal and Marcelo Alfonso Diaz in the middle of the park for Chile.

goldfish80:

Creativity and athleticism is the way to go. We also need power players in the defence. The pitbul Gary Mendel and co matched the Cameronians for pace and power which shut down their attacks.
Valdiva was the key man for Chile in the middle. He was too hot to handle. I wish Etebo could be something like that. But I have to be honest, Cameroun played very well.

They matched the Chileans all over the pitch till the last 8 minutes,the game was heading for a goalless draw.

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Dedebanky85: 2:27am On Jun 19, 2017
I read it and afraid catch me... Well when can Naija have a MF like Vidal? He was in defence, on the wings, in attack. That guy was everywhere. I see Naija winning thw away game more than the home game. If CMR sits back in Abj it'll be hard for us to break them, we don't have the technicality and the swiftness in passing to that. Our passes are to lethargic to open any defense up.

TheSuperNerd:

It was Charles Aranguiz, Arturo Vidal and Marcelo Alfonso Diaz in the middle of the park for Chile.

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Dedebanky85: 2:31am On Jun 19, 2017
In all honesty, I'd not advise Nigeria to attack CMR in any of the legs. We are ahead on points so ot boils down to them to attack us. Worse case scenario is we take 2 points. If Algeria does the double over Zambia then they'd be 1 point after us. If Zambia does d double then they'd be one behind is as well. So we should be smart about these CMR games.

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Icon4s(m): 5:23am On Jun 19, 2017
komekn:

Football has always been about progression in effect continous improvement.

What sets Ronaldo and Messi apart amongst other great players is they keep improving.

You could be a Lion at U17 level a year later you haven't upped your game and you get left behind. Intrinsic to football progression is the right mental attitude and resilience.

Youth players are only showing potential sometimes very good potential. That potential has to be confirmed and proven on the testing grounds of the football pitch at your professional football club.

I remember seeing a player at youth level he was fantastic at 14/15 playing right back for an EPL U16 side. He was continously the MOTM in most games he played. By 16 he had peaked did not improve and he was released and all my projection were 100% wrong.

This player could not cope with loss if his football career no money, etc he is currently now at her Majesties pleasure in the grey bar hotel.

All these guys were not better than Rabui ((new JJay)in his hey day classed among the top teenage prospects in the world. He is now forgotten and going nowhere fast.

Its all potential yet to be confirmed you must make good use of your opportunities. Or be forgotten. Right now the teenagers Mbappe and Dembele are proven, tested and highly wanted by all top clubs.

In fact I can't agree more with you.

Most talented young players end up not living up to expectations.

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Humility017(m): 6:59am On Jun 19, 2017
enomakos:
not a bad ideas ,that why the Italian team is hard to beat

mind you...those guys have no doubt regarding if they're using their true age or not
a player like yakubu will still be in his prime if he was an Italian....

3 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Mickael2(m): 7:01am On Jun 19, 2017
TheGoodJoe:

Read what you quoted again. (HOLD UP PLAY WITH BODY STRENGTH).

How the heck does that mean does not hold up play beats my imagination.

what does he use to hold up play? this is pure blasphemy

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Humility017(m): 7:01am On Jun 19, 2017
Dedebanky85:
In all honesty, I'd not advise Nigeria to attack CMR in any of the legs. We are ahead on points so ot boils down to them to attack us. Worse case scenario is we take 2 points. If Algeria does the double over Zambia then they'd be 1 point after us. If Zambia does d double then they'd be one behind is as well. So we should be smart about these CMR games.

please stop these permutations..

I don't expect any Nigerian to do these mathematics during these WCQ
mind you...we're beating the Cameroonians in Nigeria and also beat them away...
you can report me to FIFA
the loss against RSA...will spur the eagles to surprise every Nigerian
just watch out....

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Mickael2(m): 7:12am On Jun 19, 2017
Humility017:

just watch out....

Oga arrogance is not the way to go. I remember before we met SA it was 5-0, going into the second half of that game we started saying 2-0, by 70 mins we were singing ' he is a miracle working God '

8 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by AIG07: 7:14am On Jun 19, 2017
Humility017:

just watch out....
Only if we get our Selection, tactics and strategy right.

But I'm expecting Rohr to glue his eye to his tv set alongside his video analyst. No room for mistake.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by AIG07: 7:15am On Jun 19, 2017
Mickael2:

Oga arrogance is not the way to go. I remember before we met SA it was 5-0, going into the second half of that game we started saying 2-0, by 70 mins we were singing ' he is a miracle working God '
*laughing
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by jotey(m): 7:16am On Jun 19, 2017
Humility017:

I don't expect any Nigerian to do these mathematics during these WCQ mind you...we're beating the Cameroonians in Nigeria and also beat them away... you can report me to FIFA the loss against RSA...will spur the eagles to surprise every Nigerian just watch out....
Home and away ke
bros no go hope on super eagles too much o
i know what I am saying
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by jotey(m): 7:17am On Jun 19, 2017
Mickael2:

grin grin grin
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by goldfish80(m): 7:40am On Jun 19, 2017
Mickael2:

grin That was how they told me "South Africa is our wife" when I tired warning about how improved they have become.
Our people sabi make mouth, no be small.

6 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by goldfish80(m): 7:44am On Jun 19, 2017
TheSuperNerd:

I thought Valdiva was the guy on no 6 Jersey. Himself with Vidal were the key men for Chile.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheSuperNerd(m): 8:11am On Jun 19, 2017
The no.6 guy is José Fuenzalida. He occupied the right side of Chile's Attack.

Valdivia is not even in the Confed Squad.

goldfish80:

I thought Valdiva was the guy on no 6 Jersey. Himself with Vidal were the key men for Chile.

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Kog45(m): 8:25am On Jun 19, 2017
Humility017:

yes ooo...I am so happy
hopefully they loose the other two matches and then come back home...
qualifying from these group will greatly boast their confidence of which I forbid...
***rohr is always watching... it is only salisu Yusuf one should be bothered about.... if he is watching too....likewise agu. because I think they all gonna get fired and praised at the same time...
Oh Rohr is watching but Salisu is not watching?why are u so racist against your Nigerian brother for God sake,losing against South Africa is purely Rohr's fault,he is d boss.Remember Olishe resigned ir fired but Agu was retained,just to tell u d boss carry d blames.

If Rohr is not satisfying with their performances,he should say it out instead of all this blackmailing against Nigeria assistants,mind u Rohr have foreign assistants working with him but funny enough nobody saying anything about those guys.

When we won Zambia and Algeria did anybody mention Salisu or any Nigerian assistants,it was Rohr all d way but losing to South Africa,Nigerian assistants are d issues.Thank God no home based was fielded,it would have been hell or let say Awaziem is home based player.

If i may ask does Rohr need any Nigerian assistant tactically before he can beat South Africa coz i don't understand your remarks'hope Salisu is watching'

It seems some of us believe anything about foreign,truly they are sincere but that does not mean they don't have their weakness.

I remember euphoria that greeted Bonferre Jo when he won Olympics gold and d euphoria of Samson Siasia 2008 Olympic team,despite playing with young team.

Also euphoria of westerhoff Afcon 94 team and Keshi 2013 Afcon team,despite winning Keshi was bashed up and down with undue criticisms.

Pls let appreciate and respect our own,though they are not better than d foreign ones but we need to show love not unnecessary remarks

7 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheSuperNerd(m): 8:29am On Jun 19, 2017
NFF denies moving Eagles’ matches to Port Harcourt
By Alex Monye

Nigeria's squad (back L-R) defender Kenneth Omeruo, defender Elderson Uwa Echiejile, goalkeeper Daniel Akpeyi, defender Leon Balogun, defender William Troost-Ekong, midfielder John Obi Mikel, (L-R) midfielder Victor Moses, midfielder Ogenyi Onazi, forward Oghenekaro Etebo, forward Alex Iwobi and forward Kelechi Iheanacho pose for a group picture ahead of the 2018 FIFA World Cup African zone group B qualifying football match between Nigeria and Algeria at the Akwa Ibom State Stadium in Uyo on November 12, 2016. / AFP PHOTO / PIUS UTOMI EKPEI

• Nigeria knows CHAN 2018 qualifiers’ opponents this month

The Nigeria Football Federation (NFF) has denied reports that it intends to move all the Super Eagles’ remaining qualifiers from Uyo to Port Harcourt. Last week the media feasted on a report by a local website that the NFF was worried by the ‘spate of bad results’ the national team has had at the Godswill Akpabio Stadium, Uyo and therefore had decided to move all future Super Eagles’ games, including the Russia 2018 World Cup qualifier against Cameroon, from the stadium to the Adokie Aimiesimaka Stadium, Port Harcourt.

NFF Secretary General, Sanusi Mohammed told The Guardian at the weekend that there was no iota of truth in the story, saying, “we did not tell anybody that the Eagles’ World Cup qualifier against Cameroon and other matches have been moved from Uyo. The NFF will come out with an official statement if such decision is reached.

“As at this point, all we are focusing on is the must win game against Cameroon and nothing will stop the federation from giving the team all the assistance to qualify for the competition,” he said.

Meanwhile, the NFF has also revealed that Super Eagles’ Coach, Gernot Rohr, will not be involved in the forthcoming 2018 African Nations Championship (CHAN) qualifiers billed to begin across Africa in August.

The tournament, which is designed for only players playing in their various domestic leagues, will be hosted by Kenya from January 11 to February 2, 2018. Super Eagles’ Media Officer, Toyin Ibitoye revealed that the team’s Assistant Coach, Salisu Yusuf has been given the nod to lead the CHAN team in the qualifiers to enable Rohr focus on the World Cup qualifier against Cameroon.

He added that the CHAN team list would soon be released by coach Yusuf, saying the NFF has promised to give the CHAN qualifiers adequate attention, as it would help the country discover more talents from the domestic league.

He revealed that the Confederation of African Football (CAF) would unveil the Eagles’ opponents for the CHAN qualifiers before the end of the month.

“Rohr is currently out of the country as he plots ways for Nigeria to beat Cameroun. He would be monitoring the Indomitable Lions at the Confederation Cup in Russia. But not being involved in the CHAN qualifiers does not mean he is being sidelined from the team. His assistants are on ground to help him in his job. They also know the domestic players better than him,” he said.

Source: https://m.guardian.ng/sport/nff-denies-moving-eagles-matches-to-port-harcourt/
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheSuperNerd(m): 8:47am On Jun 19, 2017
Babalade : Cameroon Will Find Nigeria Tougher Than Chile
By Izuchukwu Okosi

Former Super Eagles defender, Ajibade Babalade, believes African champions Cameroon will find Nigeria a tougher proposition in the 2018 FIFA World Cup qualifiers in August than their Sunday opponents in the first Group B match of the 2017 FIFA Confederations Cup, Chile, Completesportsnigeria.com reports.

The Indomitable Lions were defeated 2-0 by the South American champions in Moscow and Babalade who was nicknamed 'Kunde' after Cameroon legend Emmanuel Kunde spoke exclusively to Completesportsnigeria.com moments after the game on his thoughts on the game and his projection ahead of the double header between Nigeria and Cameroon in August in the 2018 World Cup qualifiers.

"Well, the Cameroonians impressed me despite the loss to Chile. Chile are clearly a better team than South Africa that also won against Nigeria by the same score," Babalade told Completesportsnigeria.com.

"I have to say that it is going to be a different ball game when it comes to Cameroon playing Nigeria.

"There is more at stake in the 2018 World Cup qualifiers than in the Confederations Cup.

"Besides, I expect the Super Eagles to be fired up for the match after the disappointing AFCON qualifier against South Africa. Our coaches should get the video tapes of their Confederations Cup matches and study them very well.

"They are African champions but they will have some weaknesses in their game which I hope the Super Eagles coaches will be watching out for.

Source: http://www.completesportsnigeria.com/babalade-cameroon-will-find-nigeria-tougher-chile/
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheSuperNerd(m): 8:50am On Jun 19, 2017
Liverpool's Nigerian Midfielder, Billed As The Next Pogba, Turns Down PSG Move

Former Golden Eaglets trainee Ovie Ejaria declined the chance to join a French Ligue 1 club because he didn't want to live in Paris.

French powerhouse Paris Saint-Germain had expressed an interest in signing the central midfielder a year after he arrived Liverpool from Arsenal, but he snubbed their advances.

''We made an approach for Ovie two years ago, flat he didn't want to leave England,'' a PSG insider told
allnigeriasoccer.com .

''The only issue with British players that we've approached is their unwillingness to leave England, but we are working on changing that trend with the new generation more open to move abroad than the previous.

''I remember trying to lure a young Ashley Young to France but he would hear nothing of it.''

Ejaria, who has been compared to Manchester United's Paul Pogba, notched up eight appearances for the first team of the Reds last season after debuting against Derby County.

The 19-year-old was a member of the England squad that won the Fifa Under 20 World Cup in South Korea.

**Ifeanyi Emmanuel

Source: http://allnigeriasoccer.com/read_news.php?nid=23464
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by minfelix(m): 8:58am On Jun 19, 2017
I wanna beliv complacency and laxity made us loose to SA..we were so relaxed that we fielded rookies against them..I also av bin observing that most analyst here put all attention towards the Cameron double header before the SA game..so I believe we wil not be a walk in the park for Cameroon, neither wil they be 4 us..Victor moses and the rest experience guys will wanna give there all against Cameroon to ensure qualification to WC..so please guys let's leave all these discouraging talks like
1. change of stadium
2.change of assistant coach
3.loss to Cameroon
the only analysis I can vouch for are the analysis of those saying change in tactics from Goalkeeping department to defence,to the midfield, to the attack

2 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheSuperNerd(m): 9:00am On Jun 19, 2017
2017 / 18 UCL : Ogu, Nwakaeme ’ s Be ’ er Sheva Seeded For 2 nd Qualifying Round Draw
By Johnny Edward

Israeli Champions, Hapoel Beer-Sheva parading Nigerian duo of John Ogu and Anthony Nwakeame have been seeded for the draw of the 2017/18 UEFA Champions League second qualifying round billed to hold on Monday, reports
Completesportsnigeria.com.

Hapoel Beer-Sheva join Celtic, Salzburg, FC Copenhagen, Malmo and Rosenborg among the teams seeded for the draw.

Other teams seeded include; Copenhagen, Ludogorets Razgrad, BATE Borisov, Legia Warszawa, APOEL, Maribor,
Qarabag, Malmo,Astana, Partizan, Rijeka, Rosenborg.
Sheriff, FH Hafnarfjördur, Zilina, Žalgiris,
Dundalk, Vardar,Dudelange, Kukës,Zrinjski, Budućnost Podgorica,Budapest Honvéd, IFK Mariehamn, Spartaks Jūrmala, Samtredia.

The draw for the five first qualifying round ties will be made early on Monday and Hapoel Beer-Sheva could face the winner of one of those ties.

According to UEFA, the second qualifying round draw, teams will be "split into groups with equal numbers of seeded and unseeded teams who are drawn together."

The first qualifying round first-leg ties will be on 27 or 28 June, with the return legs on 4 or 5 July.

The dates for the second qualifying round ties are 11/12 July and 18/19 July.

Source: http://www.completesportsnigeria.com/201718-ucl-ogu-nwakaemes-beer-sheva-seeded-2nd-qualifying-round-draw/
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheSuperNerd(m): 9:08am On Jun 19, 2017
Under-Fire Akepyi Breaks Silence Over Goals Conceded In Defeat Against RSA

Super Eagles goalkeeper Daniel Akpeyi who was in goal when South Africa defeated Nigeria 2-0 in the AFCON 2019 Qualifiers has broken his silence over the loss which handed South Africa their first win over Nigeria in competitive games.

Akpeyi was roundly blamed for the two goals Nigeria conceded in the game, but the 29 year old Chippa United goalkeeper said they lost as a team, and no single individual should be singled out for blame over the loss.

The Super Eagles second choice shot stopper called on the fans of the team to back them in their remaining qualifiers in the AFCON 2019 Qualifiers and also the World Cup 2018 Qualifiers which will resume in September.

“None of us is happy with the sad turn of event, we never went into the game with a mind to lose to South Africa.

“Nigerians are too quick to condemn and pass judgment, a little error everybody is quick to throw stone.

“We have won several matches in the past whether by luck or not and the encomium is understandably endless.

“If we continued to be sentimental in our discourse especially when things went wrong things will not work well.

“We got it wrong tactically, we were doing well in the first half and in the second half we were anxious for goal, that’s where we lost it.

“As a result of which we conceded a goal and eager for the equaliser we opened our defence and the South Africans cut us off guard coupled with one or two mistakes to score the second goal.

“It was one of the bad days in football having to start our Afcon ticket chase on a losing note.

“Well there is a whole lot of lesson we have learned from the loss which will guide us in subsequent matches.

“I believe we still have hope in the qualifying race with the other matches on the Afcon calendar.

“I know for certain that we will get back on track to position
ourselves towards claiming the sole ticket in the group,” said the Chippa United shot stopper to Supersport.

**Ade Emmanuel

Source: http://owngoalnigeria.com/2017/06/19/under-fire-akepyi-breaks-silence-over-goals-conceded-in-defeat-against-rsa/
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by kennysville(m): 9:22am On Jun 19, 2017
Mickael2:

I have been laughing uncontrollably for the last 5mins. Sotay my ribs are even paining me. Even as I type, I still dey laugh. Ol boy, u badt gaan!

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Kog45(m): 9:31am On Jun 19, 2017
Mickael2:

Thank u Mike,we are all guilty of this arrogance but in reality we still have a long way to go,no where to run to than to put our house in order or else another story against Cameroon.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by bossto(m): 10:02am On Jun 19, 2017
Weldone TheSupernerd!!!,,you are really doing a great job here!!!
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Oasis007(m): 10:08am On Jun 19, 2017
grin grin grin

Mickael2 is a Savage...... I Swear!

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheSuperNerd(m): 10:14am On Jun 19, 2017
Liverpool Sound Out Teams In England Over Loan Deal For Taiwo Awoniyi

English Premier League side Liverpool have told Nigerian striker Taiwo Awoniyi of their plans for him ahead of the start of preparations for next season, Owngoalnigeria.com can exclusively reveal.

Liverpool manager Jurgen Kloop believes the player need to
develop further hence another loan move is strongly under consideration but this time around they want him to play in England.

Although the issue of work permit might stopped him from playing in England, the club are hopeful that they will be able to use his reputation of playing in Germany and Holland before his 20th birthday to apply for him using the special talent option.

” He (Awoniyi) has three more years to go on his deal with Liverpool, so the next step is for him to play in England before a decision will be reached on his contract extension with the club, after next season he will have two more years to go”, a family source told Owngoalnigeria.com.

” For now he has not been asked to resume for pre season, which is not a surprise at all but he has been told they are working on getting him to play for a club in England on loan to further enhance his abilities after spells in Germany and the Netherlands “.

**Daniel Martins

Source: http://owngoalnigeria.com/2017/06/19/liverpool-sound-out-teams-in-england-over-loan-deal-for-taiwo-awoniyi/
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by do4luv14(m): 10:20am On Jun 19, 2017
safarigirl:
Glad to hear Cameroon lost. Two more losses and crashing out should deal them a heavy blow psychologically, so they don't come at us with some serious emtal boost.

They'll be wage to stamp their authority with such a performance though, but hopefully, we will also be prepared to stamp ours following the shock defeat to SA

Now that I think I've gotten over that tragic loss, it's good to be back grin

What's up with this Cyriel guy? Should we snag him or....?

hurrrrryyyyyy!!!!!!!!........

FIRSRLADY is back

#goingformywooingvear cool cool cool
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by do4luv14(m): 10:27am On Jun 19, 2017
enomakos:
not a bad ideas ,that why the Italian team is hard to beat

ah go vex ooo, make Una remove ONAZI from start nah,
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheSuperNerd(m): 10:28am On Jun 19, 2017
O thank you kind Sir....

bossto:
Weldone TheSupernerd!!!,,you are really doing a great job here!!!

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (1146) (1147) (1148) (1149) (1150) (1151) (1152) ... (16380) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: zicky(m), Towbaba500(m), mekabuachi, XshegzzyeeiX2 and 14 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 87
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.