Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,275 members, 7,836,236 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 12:10 AM

"The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup - Sports (11512) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup (11785235 Views)

Cameroon's Douala Stadium Artificial Grassfield For AFCON 2019 Stolen / Super Eagles Arrive In Uyo, Train Ahead Of Their AFCON 2019 Qualifier (Pictures) / AFCON 2019: Nigeria To Battle South Africa For A Place (Full Draws) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (11509) (11510) (11511) (11512) (11513) (11514) (11515) ... (16195) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by BascoVanVeli(m): 8:41pm On Nov 01, 2021
AndSunGorilla:

Exactly my thought BVV. I am hoping and praying that he comes up with a great performance. Meanwhile how is our boy Anayo doing?

I won't lie Everton fans have been rough on him lately. He needs a big performance

Anayo has been good although I haven't watched his recent games. He seems to have settled into life in Tunisia.

2 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by BascoVanVeli(m): 8:42pm On Nov 01, 2021
andrewbaba44:

Benitez really likes iwobi

Yes he does bro. I hope he repays the man sharp sharp

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by lbrichman2: 8:42pm On Nov 01, 2021
COOL10:

Exactly. It's obvious most Nigerians don't like him. He already shut a lot of people up by being the highest goalscorer at the last AFCON. He has absolutely nothing to prove to anyone.

Nothing to prove o
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by elunico: 8:44pm On Nov 01, 2021
Mujtahida:

Anyone who has watched the SE for long develops something like an instinct which can tell which player is a SE material. You see that Nwakaeme, he's not SE material, walahi. If he likes let him play like Messi in his club, he doesn't have SE DNA. This is my personal opinion oo but as one who has watched the Eagles for years, I wager that I can make such an assertion.

Gbam! Someone that was given a whole uninterrupted 71 mins fa. How many minutes did Chukweze, Nacho, Ebuehi, and, Aribo get before we saw what they had to offer.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Embell: 8:44pm On Nov 01, 2021
Lol. Funny analysts. What coach drop a Moses Simon, and Onuachu for Dennis and Nwakaeme at this point?

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Odunayaw(m): 8:51pm On Nov 01, 2021
Give us midfielder but tufia! it is pensioner they brought back to life. Ndi Lazarus!

5 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by andrewbaba44: 8:52pm On Nov 01, 2021
elunico:

Gbam! Someone that was given a whole uninterrupted 71 mins fa. How many minutes did Chukweze, Nacho, Ebuehi, and, Aribo get before we saw what they had to offer.

Things doesn’t work this way

You might not rate Nwakaeme doesn’t mean you shouldn’t be sincere here ,rohr doesnr prefer Nwakaeme and there is nothing wrong on that

But you want Nwakaeme to perform on his debut while playing as a striker which is not his position ,you self check am

Judging him with 71 minutes was very wrong and to make it worst he played as a CF on that game ,how many of these players you mentioned played out of position on their debuts ,these are questions you should ask before concluding on anything

If I give you English brazillians Spanish players who had a rough debut but still made it with the national team you self go surprise

I guess rohr is pleasing you with better players ,how you see him list Baba ,are you still expecting anything good from this man bro’s ?

2 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by zuchyblink(m): 8:53pm On Nov 01, 2021
After ANC or world cup we will know if he will continue or not
Napoleon55:

Likewise he has not done any better than his predecessors.
late amodu has qualified us 4 WC on 2 occations.
late Keshi won afcon,reached second round WC.
Rohr has qualified for WC once,will probably qualify 4 next.

But i bet u rohr won't qualify for d next AFCON after this one if he continue as a SE coach with this methods.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Kog45(m): 8:55pm On Nov 01, 2021
zuchyblink:
Awoniyi vs Onuachu grin grin grin grin
Bro that's my opinion...previous seasons I would have picked Onuachu over Awoniyi but Awoniyi am seeing now is better than Onuachu.

Baba make we no flog issue na my opinion.

6 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Abusule007: 9:02pm On Nov 01, 2021
Rohr is like that stubborn fish bone stuck on our throat thanks to the NFF contract clause.

Rohr will never be fired not at least after the world cup unless the super eagle players help us get knocked out of the nation's cup as early as group stage or the round of 16.

It might hurt but sadly, that's the only way we can relieve ourselves of Rohr before worldcup.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Kog45(m): 9:05pm On Nov 01, 2021
Embell:
Lol. Funny analysts. What coach drop a Moses Simon, and Onuachu for Dennis and Nwakaeme at this point?
Sir you can say this cos we have a very rigid coach...one or two underperforming players can be dropped...Pls how important is Moses and Onuachu to the team that they cannot be dropped if they are not performing.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheLoneCitizen(m): 9:15pm On Nov 01, 2021
Iwobi will have a good game today

3 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Subzero047: 9:19pm On Nov 01, 2021
Someone was talking about many SE players flopped on their debut, how many are they? Aribo scored against Ukraine on his debut, Maduka impressed against Brazil on his debut, Zaidu Sanusi turned heads on his debut, Uzoho had a magnificent world cup qualifier are we going to talk about Osimhen, Chukwueze, Ejuke, Ebuehi and others? When you given a chance with the national team you grab it with both hands not here talking about 71 minutes this that, 71 minutes is a whole match bro grin

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Subzero047: 9:28pm On Nov 01, 2021
Onuachu scored in 3 minutes and won man of the match in his debut, Shehu Abdullahi won man of the match on his debut, Ezenwa made multiple saves against Cameroun (I think) on his debut even Idowu scored on his debut

3 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by CODMOK: 9:32pm On Nov 01, 2021
Subzero047:
Someone was talking about many SE players flopped on their debut, how many are they? Aribo scored against Ukraine on his debut, Maduka impressed against Brazil on his debut, Zaidu Sanusi turned heads on his debut, Uzoho had a magnificent world cup qualifier are we going to talk about Osimhen, Chukwueze, Ejuke, Ebuehi and others? When you given a chance with the national team you grab it with both hands not here talking about 71 minutes this that, 71 minutes is a whole match bro grin

I just tire
In an inconsequential match for that matter. Had it been it was in an all-important match now, we for say na pressure

For me, Ighalo should have resisted that temptation to come back. The present SE has no bearing or direction. If any thing goes wrong, nobody will blame Osimhen, Chukwueze, or even Iwobi o, na Ighalo them go come for. The dude better no miss any big chance again o, if not Yakubu dragging go be small for Wetin hin eye go see

3 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Embell: 9:33pm On Nov 01, 2021
Both of them are not better than Onuachu and Moses even at club level, particularly this season, not to talk of in SE.

Kog45:
Sir you can say this cos we have a very rigid coach...one or two underperforming players can be dropped...Pls how important is Moses and Onuachu to the team that they cannot be dropped if they are not performing.

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Subzero047: 9:35pm On Nov 01, 2021
CODMOK:

I just tire
In an inconsequential match for that matter. Had it been it was in an all-important match now, we for say na pressure

For me, Ighalo should have resisted that temptation to come back. The present SE has no bearing or direction. If any thing goes wrong, nobody will blame Osimhen, Chukwueze, or even Iwobi o, na Ighalo them go come for. The dude better no miss any big chance again o, if not Yakubu dragging go be small for Wetin hin eye go see

Don't mind the 71 minute man grin as for Ighalo national team invitations don't excite me anymore
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by CODMOK: 9:36pm On Nov 01, 2021
Kog45:

They can be dropped for better players sir. I have never fancied them both anyways. But not from fry pan to fire abeg
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by CODMOK: 9:38pm On Nov 01, 2021
Embell:
Both of them are not better than Onuachu and Moses even at club level, particularly this season, not to talk of in SE.

Gbam!. You valid bro.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Curtisaxel10: 9:38pm On Nov 01, 2021
With this list it is clear that the leopard is in no mood to change it's spots. My people, we are on a long thing. Even if Rohr manages to get us to the AFCON and WC (which I know he will), it will be the usual eye-biting anywhere-belle-face kick-and-follow long-pass-and-Inshallah pattern on display. Brace yourself folks, rough ride ahead�

3 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by drDoom3(m): 9:40pm On Nov 01, 2021
So you mean to tell me Rohr left out an attacker with 6 G+A in the Premier league in 9 games this season and a striker who is the fourth highest goal scorer in the Bundesliga and the third attacker to reach double figures in goals in all comps in the entire top 5 leagues this season to invite a striker playing in the Saudi League because he "smells football" (in Rohr's words)? undecided undecided undecided

In a sane country, such a coach should not have a job. Unfortunately, Nigeria is Nigeria.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by ChrisKels: 9:42pm On Nov 01, 2021
Imagine this guy at LB, Singo at RB, Boly and Baily as center backs against an ABF striker like Ighalo choi! grin

Cornet........Boly.......Baily.........Singo

2 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by seankafor(m): 9:42pm On Nov 01, 2021
Make una calm down naa

Abi una no go calm down angry
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by ChrisKels: 9:45pm On Nov 01, 2021
Happy birthday to you - SoloNnachi nwanne m nwoke

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheLoneCitizen(m): 9:50pm On Nov 01, 2021
TheLoneCitizen:
Iwobi will have a good game today

Iwobi, Everton's best player of that half, along with Pickford.

4 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Curtisaxel10: 9:51pm On Nov 01, 2021
V. Moses and Ighalo were the twin pillars that individually pulled us through all those qualification groups of death for which we praise Rohr today. Those guys were creating goals from next to nothing most of the time. It was never any tactical brilliance on Rohr's part. This is why the team virtually fell apart immediately they retired. Rohr knows this and this is why he is desperate for them to come back. What he doesn't realize is that they have passed their prime and cannot repeat their 2017/18 heroics now. Christmas will not last forever.

Osimhen is not an Ighalo to create goals from nothing or to convert every single scrap of a chance that comes his way, he is a system striker, one who will score plenty only if fed the right balls, something that the SE can't offer at this point in time in the absence of midfield creators and creative wingers. It's up to Rohr to find a way to maximize Osimhen. Ighalo's Christmas will not last forever.

12 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by AndSunGorilla: 9:52pm On Nov 01, 2021
ChrisKels:
Imagine this guy at LB, Singo at RB, Boly and Baily as center backs against an ABF striker like Ighalo choi! grin

Maazi go Ivoryland abeg. Is Cornet a defender? He has been used as a twin striker/midfielder in Burnley. Meanwhile when the Crystal Palace guy Guehi go join CIV?
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by do4luv14(m): 9:58pm On Nov 01, 2021
ChrisKels:

he will still score against yhem

take it to the bank and tell them I told you so
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by ChrisKels: 9:58pm On Nov 01, 2021
AndSunGorilla:

Maazi go Ivoryland abeg. Is Cornet a defender? He has been used as a twin striker/midfielder in Burnley. Meanwhile when the Crystal Palace guy Guehi go join CIV?

Do not worry about us, instead worry about your clueless criminal coach who leaves out his best players for some below average players all the time.

Awoniyi is Nigeria's most inform striker in Europe but the efulefu called Rohr chose an ABF from the middle east instead

5 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by ChrisKels: 10:01pm On Nov 01, 2021
Utonwanne:
There must be 'underground sh*ts' between Rohr and Amaju.

It is obvious

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by AndSunGorilla: 10:01pm On Nov 01, 2021
ChrisKels:

Do not worry about us, instead worry about your clueless criminal coach who leaves out his best players for some below average players all the time.

Awoniyi is Nigeria's most inform striker in Europe but the efulefu called Rohr chose an ABF from the middle east instead

I agree.with you on this one, make I no lie. The man whose Old Trafford dream ended in infamy.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by wayodude(m): 10:11pm On Nov 01, 2021
Rohr's selection on this occasion is irrefutable proof that he does indeed not know what he's doing.

The experience of the home game against CAR and how the absence of a coherent midfield meant his team were consigned to lumping it from defence to attack for Osimhen to chase is still fresh in the memory.

That he could re-assemble a squad of 24 naming just 4 midfielders with 2 of them just recovering from injury is not only naive but irresponsible and the strongest evidence of his incompetence.

Sadly we are stuck with him until after the world cup if we make it.

4 Likes

(1) (2) (3) ... (11509) (11510) (11511) (11512) (11513) (11514) (11515) ... (16195) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: elunico, kentebemoney and 8 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 41
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.