Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,159,164 members, 7,838,980 topics. Date: Friday, 24 May 2024 at 11:56 AM

"The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup - Sports (11721) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup (11801241 Views)

Cameroon's Douala Stadium Artificial Grassfield For AFCON 2019 Stolen / Super Eagles Arrive In Uyo, Train Ahead Of Their AFCON 2019 Qualifier (Pictures) / AFCON 2019: Nigeria To Battle South Africa For A Place (Full Draws) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (11718) (11719) (11720) (11721) (11722) (11723) (11724) ... (16209) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by BascoVanVeli(m): 7:15pm On Nov 21, 2021
Osimhen got up like the undertaker there
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Subzero047: 7:16pm On Nov 21, 2021
Osimhen badly injured in his eye
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Subzero047: 7:17pm On Nov 21, 2021
Wow, that is a bad injury
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TFLASHOGEE(m): 7:21pm On Nov 21, 2021
Subzero047:

The hand that the ball hit was by Koulibaly's side and even if it was a penalty why was Koulibally yellow carded for trying to remove his hand, why would you be penalized for a hand that the ball didn't even hit?
that isn't by the side it an handball and it a yellow card useing your hand to stop a goal bound effort even koulibally knew what up wink

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TFLASHOGEE(m): 7:22pm On Nov 21, 2021
Horrible one for victor embarassed embarassed embarassed
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by codemaniacs: 7:23pm On Nov 21, 2021
Subzero047:
Wow, that is a bad injury

How did he hit his eyes
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TFLASHOGEE(m): 7:26pm On Nov 21, 2021
Can we offer uzoho to Napoli undecided undecided undecided ospina always conceding goals and looking not Sharp enough for reaction saves shocked shocked shocked
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Nobody: 7:27pm On Nov 21, 2021
Hope he will be available for the playoff
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by andrewbaba44: 7:28pm On Nov 21, 2021
Englandboy:

Playoff still far
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by drDoom3(m): 7:36pm On Nov 21, 2021
Meliforme:

Do you agree that technique also includes ball control skills, the ability to track back and defend and high pressing (for forwards,

Do you also agree that the ability to create goalscoring opportunities (creativity), and goalscoring itself are excluded from the definition of technique.

Please be patient with me, i really want to get your stand with the definition.

Technique, simply, is knowing the optimal move to make with the ball at a particular point in time that will lead to the overall progress of the team. It could be to pass, to dribble, or even to shoot.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by codemaniacs: 7:36pm On Nov 21, 2021
Englandboy:
andrewbaba44:

Playoff still far

something is swelling in his eyes, so he may be out for long.... wait for feedback from Napoli...
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Nobody: 7:37pm On Nov 21, 2021
andrewbaba44:

Playoff still far
grin
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheLoneCitizen(m): 7:38pm On Nov 21, 2021
Meliforme:

You were talking about technique as the essential for plying the attacking midfield position. (Remember we weren't discussing the role of an inside forward)

You were very kind in giving me the definition, but since it wasn't technique you were defining but decision making. Please sir, can you now define technique for me.

God bless you

God bless you too, sir.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by ChrisKels: 7:39pm On Nov 21, 2021
Gernot Rohr's payoff by Adepoju Tobi Samuel

I had a chat with my source & we spoke about the financial figures quoted in the media as Gernot Rohr payoff.

My source: Are you guys done with the cruise and figures? All the emergency lawyers and business advisors everywhere, we both smile.

"I saw people quoting $3 million. I have also read the N600 million & N1 billion payoff figures."

Me: Rohr earns N20 million monthly and he has 13 months left on his contract which is N260 million cumulatively.

However, contract termination has different clauses.

"There is no clause in Rohr's contract that we will pay heavy compensation if his contract is terminated talkless of having any $2m or $3m compensation clause, this is false."

I asked about what clause permits the NFF to terminate Rohr's contract.

"It’s not just about meeting the target, there are other grounds his contract can be terminated under the termination clause. It’s false to say once he meets his target his contract can’t be terminated. There are several listed grounds that could warrant termination."

"The NFF hold the knife & the yam in the contract termination, shocking to see people claiming NFF are foolish or rope themselves into a bad contract or claiming Gernot Rohr has good lawyers. How could that be possible when it was the NFF that drafted the contract?"

"Will the NFF draft a contract & rope themselves into heavy compensation? We had strong negotiations. In the new contract that we offered Rohr, he took a pay cut, agreed to reside in Nigeria & earned in Naira. How come people came up with the millions of dollars compensation?"

"We are professional & respectful, we have worked with Rohr for 5+ years. We are managing the negotiations between all parties. The discussion has been concluded."

Like I mentioned on Tuesday night, the suggestions to terminate Rohr's contract were overwhelming.

"We will sort out all documentation and make an official announcement this week. We have listed several options for the payoff. It will be in installment and the fee is not the outrageous figures in the media."

Options:

- Rohr to take 6 months salary payoff, which is about N120 million and it will be spread across months.

- Rohr to stay off coaching job and earn his monthly salary from now till next year December.

- All outstanding will also be paid in batches.

2 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by JohnBullMySon: 7:57pm On Nov 21, 2021
Subzero047:

Serbians don't rate him and his record is not particularly good
I don't think that is a good way of judging him. Almost every coach has a bad run of results that got them sacked from their previous Jobs. If I recall well, Serbia had a decent performance in the World Cup. They had a sad loss to Switzerland or so.

I would've liked Egbo. But I'm happy Oliseh and Amuneke were not chosen. They're potential problems. The new coach should start getting used to the word "clueless". Our people here don't have a lot of patience grin

2 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheLoneCitizen(m): 8:02pm On Nov 21, 2021
Worrying signs about Onyekuru, his career really stalling.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by BascoVanVeli(m): 8:04pm On Nov 21, 2021
Subzero047:

He was their best outlet but I don't know about best player

Who was?
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by chrisooblog: 8:08pm On Nov 21, 2021
When you have been given a license for anything it means you have gone through the necessary evaluations and have been found qualified to practice in the field you have been given a license for.

Southgate wasn't appointed to coach England without a license so that's false.

If you meant middlesborough be clear next time and don't try to hide under ambiguity
komekn:

Your analogy is wrong .

The disparity between being a coach and a player is more symbiotic than seperate.

Southgate had zero qualifications ( coaching badges) before he was made a manager.

Coaching badges are like passing your driving test, it doesn't mean your a great driver. Just legally allowed to drive.

Finally, l admit to Nepotism with regards to Yobo.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Toylove: 8:08pm On Nov 21, 2021
ChrisKels:
Gernot Rohr's payoff by Adepoju Tobi Samuel

I had a chat with my source & we spoke about the financial figures quoted in the media as Gernot Rohr payoff.

My source: Are you guys done with the cruise and figures? All the emergency lawyers and business advisors everywhere, we both smile.

"I saw people quoting $3 million. I have also read the N600 million & N1 billion payoff figures."

Me: Rohr earns N20 million monthly and he has 13 months left on his contract which is N260 million cumulatively.

However, contract termination has different clauses.

"There is no clause in Rohr's contract that we will pay [b][/b][b][/b]heavy compensation if his contract is terminated talkless of having any $2m or $3m compensation clause, this is false."

I asked about what clause permits the NFF to terminate Rohr's contract.

"It’s not just about meeting the target, there are other grounds his contract can be terminated under the termination clause. It’s false to say once he meets his target his contract can’t be terminated. There are several listed grounds that could warrant termination."

"The NFF hold the knife & the yam in the contract termination, shocking to see people claiming NFF are foolish or rope themselves into a bad contract or claiming Gernot Rohr has good lawyers. How could that be possible when it was the NFF that drafted the contract?"

"Will the NFF draft a contract & rope themselves into heavy compensation? We had strong negotiations. In the new contract that we offered Rohr, he took a pay cut, agreed to reside in Nigeria & earned in Naira. How come people came up with the millions of dollars compensation?"

"We are professional & respectful, we have worked with Rohr for 5+ years. We are managing the negotiations between all parties. The discussion has been concluded."

Like I mentioned on Tuesday night, the suggestions to terminate Rohr's contract were overwhelming.

"We will sort out all documentation and make an official announcement this week. We have listed several options for the payoff. It will be in installment and the fee is not the outrageous figures in the media."

Options:

- Rohr to take 6 months salary payoff, which is about N120 million and it will be spread across months.

- Rohr to stay off coaching job and earn his monthly salary from now till next year December.

- All outstanding will also be paid in batches.

I think adepoju tobi Samuel is on this thread
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Subzero047: 8:25pm On Nov 21, 2021
How does Osimhen have these kinds of horror injuries
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by forgiveness: 8:25pm On Nov 21, 2021
TheGoodJoe:

Is that not a funny question?

I am talking of people being paid millions to do things the appropriate way. Waiting for Europe to do everything for us is a joke.

We need to do more to keep unearthing talents.

I agree with you but are there hidden gems in the Nplf currently?
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Subzero047: 8:30pm On Nov 21, 2021
TFLASHOGEE:
that isn't by the side it an handball and it a yellow card useing your hand to stop a goal bound effort even koulibally knew what up wink

Stopping a goal bound effort is a penalty and a yellow card if only the player did it willingly, you can see in Koulibaly's case he was trying to remove his hand from a point blank shot that hit his withdrawn arm, even if it's a penalty in no world is that a yellow card
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by forgiveness: 8:30pm On Nov 21, 2021
humility33:

Should we keep rohr I will want us to loose that play offs at least pinnick will be ease out with him come next year. Let the disaster this set of NFF wanna plug Nigeria into be complete

Which kain wish bi dis? Abeg! Make we no loose ooo.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by drDoom3(m): 8:38pm On Nov 21, 2021
Subzero047:

It is not a horror injury.

He could probably have continued, but his visibility would have been affected. That's a regular head injury we have normally when heads collide. He should be back in training tomorrow.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by 12large1: 8:51pm On Nov 21, 2021
Get well soon star boy osimehn. But, he needs to stop these habits of missing chances if he wants to be great or even compared to Haaland. He still has time to improve considering his young age. Get well again

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TFLASHOGEE(m): 8:58pm On Nov 21, 2021
Subzero047:

Stopping a goal bound effort is a penalty and a yellow card if only the player did it willingly, you can see in Koulibaly's case he was trying to remove his hand from a point blank shot that hit his withdrawn arm, even if it's a penalty in no world is that a yellow card
cheesy grin grin trying to remove his hand in 18 Yard box as a defender once your hand isn't in a natural position and obstruct a goal bound effort it a penalty and it attracts yellow card in some cases whether intentional or not depending on The ref discretion and the ref didn't initially made the call till VAR called his attention wink and had to check the monitor for confirmation smiley
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Nobody: 9:01pm On Nov 21, 2021
Subzero047:

Feb 21
Osimhen suffers head trauma vs Atalanta
https://www.google.com/amp/s/mobile.reuters.com/article/amp/idUKKBN2AM0BX

May 8
Osimhen suffers nasty collision Vs Cagliari. Doctor advises against memory loss.
https://www.google.com/amp/s/punchng.com/head-injuries-doctor-advises-osimhen-against-memory-loss/%3famp

Today makes it the 3rd within the space of 10 months.

He just needs to be more careful. Italian league is not beans.

2 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by codemaniacs: 9:07pm On Nov 21, 2021
Beloved4:

Feb 21

May 8
Osimhen suffers nasty collision Vs Cagliari. Doctor advises against memory loss.
https://www.google.com/amp/s/punchng.com/head-injuries-doctor-advises-osimhen-against-memory-loss/%3famp

He needs to copy Petr cech and start wearing head protector.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by codemaniacs: 9:16pm On Nov 21, 2021
drDoom3:

It is not a horror injury.

He could probably have continued, but his visibility would have been affected. That's a regular head injury we have normally when heads collide. He should be back in training tomorrow.

It's a horror injury... As long as there was swelling on his head and eyes he would have never been allowed to continue.

Any head injury is taking seriously.. so please stop mis-informing people.

In today's sports there's no such thing as a "regular head injury" the fact that you can come up with such description shows how wicked and evil and inconsiderate you are..

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheGoodJoe(m): 9:18pm On Nov 21, 2021
forgiveness:

I have explained everything.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by AndSunGorilla: 9:30pm On Nov 21, 2021
forgiveness:

If GoodJoe already knows them then I suppose they are no longer hidden gems but discovered gems.

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Subzero047: 9:32pm On Nov 21, 2021
Beloved4:

Feb 21

May 8

He suffered a twisted hand with us, his injuries are kinda weird

(1) (2) (3) ... (11718) (11719) (11720) (11721) (11722) (11723) (11724) ... (16209) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: enomakos(m), charlesemeka85(m), jieta, chrisooblog and 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 46
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.