Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,159,520 members, 7,840,216 topics. Date: Saturday, 25 May 2024 at 06:34 PM

"The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup - Sports (11861) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup (11808621 Views)

Cameroon's Douala Stadium Artificial Grassfield For AFCON 2019 Stolen / Super Eagles Arrive In Uyo, Train Ahead Of Their AFCON 2019 Qualifier (Pictures) / AFCON 2019: Nigeria To Battle South Africa For A Place (Full Draws) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (11858) (11859) (11860) (11861) (11862) (11863) (11864) ... (16216) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by markfem2: 7:01am On Dec 13, 2021
The NFF has finally hearkened to the call of Nigerians to sack Gernot Rohr. Although many do not like the choice of Austin Eguavoen as the interim manager of the super eagles, i believe he should be given the maximum support needed at this time.

2 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Lucque: 7:01am On Dec 13, 2021
I hope we win the Afcon nd have a decent outing at qatar...otherwise there will be enough bickering nd backbiting
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Danielnino00(m): 7:07am On Dec 13, 2021
Great men grin

6 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Astrid4(m): 7:08am On Dec 13, 2021
TheGoodJoe:
Who is Dr. Terry Eguaoje? What is his history to get the job?

I taya.

Oga Joe
You should understand it just a way to cash out now. This is a big opportunity for most of big guns to cash out big from Rohr's sack, NFF is just a clown you appointed an interim coach yet you will appoint a new coach in the next following weeks abegiii no be juju be that grin grin

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Danielnino00(m): 7:16am On Dec 13, 2021
Joebie:
I am excited about the change purely out of curiosity of what will change. But still, I carry bags of mixed feelings.

I dey drag the same bag with you sir grin
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Danielnino00(m): 7:18am On Dec 13, 2021
Astrid4:

Oga Joe
You should understand it just a way to cash out now. This is a big opportunity for most of big guns to cash out big from Rohr's sack, NFF is just a clown you appointed an interim coach yet you will appoint a new coach in the next following weeks abegiii no be juju be that grin grin

Nothing wrong with appointing an interim coach while you wait to appoint a more permanent coach.. it's a practice..

Would you rather that the post become vacant? We have to start AFCON preparation soon..

The real issue here is Eguavon and his assistants.. There isn't much trust in them...

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Astrid4(m): 7:22am On Dec 13, 2021
Danielnino00:

Nothing wrong with appointing an interim coach while you wait to appoint a more permanent coach.. it's a practice..

Would you rather that the post become vacant? We have to start AFCON preparation soon..

The real issue here is Eguavon and his assistants.. There isn't much trust in them...

When is eagle's next match ??are we gonna playing anything soon...the deal with the new coach is almost good as done... appointment of an interim is non consequential and if need be for an appointment of an interim coach it shouldn't Austin it should be Salisu Yusuf the chief coach...all this shit are just ways to loot money
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Stormtrooper11(m): 7:32am On Dec 13, 2021
zuchyblink:
back it up with evidence please
grin
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by nelszx: 7:42am On Dec 13, 2021
Ppogbae:
Has the NFF responded to Bonfere Jo's application?
He didnt apply
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Nobody: 8:09am On Dec 13, 2021
Truidstar:
A lot of funny characters in here. The clamor has been sack rohr!!! Sack rohr!!! Your wish has come true..yet still moaning and complaining. We should support the team no matter who is in charge and hope for the best.

Na Amunike boys them be
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Nobody: 8:16am On Dec 13, 2021
Astrid4:

When is eagle's next match ??are we gonna playing anything soon...the deal with the new coach is almost good as done... appointment of an interim is non consequential and if need be for an appointment of an interim coach it shouldn't Austin it should be Salisu Yusuf the chief coach...all this shit are just ways to loot money
Na wa ooo. We are not playing anything soon? Afcon nko?

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Danielnino00(m): 8:34am On Dec 13, 2021
Astrid4:

The AFCON is less than a month away...Preparations for it has already started... Leaving the post vacant would have sent the wrong message to the players that he NFF aren't serious...

Salisu is still there.. He is chief coach... Eguavon is technical adviser...

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by andrewbaba44: 8:37am On Dec 13, 2021
daveP:

At least o. Its still same overvaluation to me. Felix just disappear. Even Vinicius worth pass am by farrrr.

I've always felt most of the golden boys will not really shine the way the media do it.

Scam plenty for all these valuation. Big scam.

One will think he's the next Rooney with the way they hyped Joao.

Lol

Winning the best young player at the euros also increased pedri value
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Napoleon55(m): 8:48am On Dec 13, 2021
Kog45:
Humility baba,pls try and move closer to these retired players may be you will understand the politics...do you leave in Abuja,pls go to goal project and catch fun with them.If you know how to play the game,you can join their All star team cos it seem you have this bad feeling about them...

Cerezo I mean Austi Eguavoen is a complete gentleman and highly responsible,have known him for ages through his wife Victoria Eguavoen a retired Nigeria basketballer.....Please most of our players are not that fetish.

Austin is not a do or die affair man,check out his loyalty to Stephen Keshi during their playing days.When he was relieved of his job and his friend Samson Siasia took over,no hard feelings.

My major concern can he really instill the discipline into the team cos he is damn too quiet.
I like eguavoen as a person,
i'm not so sure about his technical ability but it's better than continuing with rohr.

The only problem is his assistants.
The entire assistant set up is unacceptable by me.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Napoleon55(m): 9:02am On Dec 13, 2021
Joebie:
These guys should stop joking and appoint Finidi and Amuneke with immediate effect. And give them another 5 years
I support this expecially amuneke,
We need to see finidi coach enyimba 2yrs so we can properly evalute him for SEs job
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by andrewbaba44: 9:06am On Dec 13, 2021
IDENNAA:
Now , I want all those plastic leg foreigners flushed out....the team must be taken back by Nigerians.

What’s the difference between you and a racist ?

Ekong and balogun will still make that team for your info

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by zicky(m): 9:06am On Dec 13, 2021
mostob:
When it comes to football revolution, Pep is up there with the like of Wenger. Pep may be a big spender and may always go for the ready-made clubs but never doubt his tactical prowess.
you are now spitting from both sides of your mouth, you accused Zidane of going for ready made team and that's why you don't rate him, I then reminded you that even your almighty guardiola is guilty of same. You even went as far as saying you rate Lampard and Gerard above a 3 times champions league winner.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by zicky(m): 9:09am On Dec 13, 2021
mostob:
Fear . . that's the word.

Gerard just completed an unbeaten season with Rangers but he still accepted the Villa job.

IMO, if you're afraid of tainting your career, you are not good enough.

Go tell guardiola to coach Norwich or klopp to coach Burnley because they are not afraid of tainting their career

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Napoleon55(m): 9:10am On Dec 13, 2021
Philosopher1979:
The appointment of Dr. Terry Eguaoje is fantastic in the Super Eagles coaching crew is fantastic
he has conducted over 700 coaching courses in the last seven years and NFF wants to bring him as consultant coach
Dr Eguaoje has conducted several FIFA, UEFA and CAF sanctioned coaching courses in US, Africa and other part of the world.
He was born in Nigeria and is a seasoned coach with UEFA A licence coaching.
He is the founder of the Football Coaches Association of African Nations (FCAAN.
IT IS ONE OF THE BEST THINGS TO HAppen to our football.
He has all that technical knowledge of an European but he is a true Nigerian.
He has been doing several coaching clinics in Nigeria.
Ok,let's c what he brings to d table
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Napoleon55(m): 9:17am On Dec 13, 2021
Truidstar:
Eguavoen is a sound coach. We are going to be better defensively. Expect immediate changes in that backline. The likes shehu abdullahi are gone. Musa will remain for purely sentimental reasons. A member if the 28. But rarely play.
Eguavoen won't play musa.

The same eguavoen that benched experienced okocha for inexperienced mikel in high profile march against ivory coast won't play musa ahead of chukueze or ejuke

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by daveP(m): 9:23am On Dec 13, 2021
Philosopher1979:

What makes you to think Anayo iwuala is not good enough.
Because he does not play in Europe
Football does not allways work like that.
He might even turn out to be one of our best players and get us vital goals and assists.
Football is about opportunities and advertisment.
Some players are good but not well advertised.
He might be better than some European based players.
Westerhoof prefered Amunike when he was in Zamalek to Tijani Babangida.
Also, time changes things. He might move to Europe in a few years and do big things.
I have watched him play and he seems a very creative players.
Football is not straightforward like that.
In fact, that was Rohrs mistake. He thinks club form is everything and it does not allways work.
The issue of club form does not work for Moses Simon and paul Onuachu.
In fact, i think Anthony Nwakaeme can be a better player for Nigeria than Moses Simon and other wingers
in better leagues. Football is not as straight forward as this

Is not about me thinking he's not good. But about shockers on the final AfCON list.

I'm always up for one or two Sunday Mbas anyday.

Naim you write Epistle for me so??

Philosophy na!!? cool
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by forgiveness: 9:26am On Dec 13, 2021
Joebie:
These guys should stop joking and appoint Finidi and Amuneke with immediate effect. And give them another 5 years

What makes you think they are better?
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by daveP(m): 9:41am On Dec 13, 2021
Whoever compiled that Eguavoen profile and cv on frontpage dey just add fuel to fire.

I think its all about trust than pedigree or acumen.

Yobo keeps popping up asif he dey do something. Well naim sabi. At least Tha bull was offering something in his time.

The camp may be livelier than Rohr's though.

2 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by daveP(m): 9:46am On Dec 13, 2021
forgiveness:

What makes you think they are better?

Than Eguavoen and Committee??

You're asking a rhetoric or just pulling legs?

The combo of Finidi and Amunike vs Committee?!

This shouldn't be a question by now. Sincerely.

Infact it should be asked vice versa.

And yet,these guys by now, in saner climes, should be FA presidents and VP,but they're barely "qualified" to even be National team top managers due to politicking.

Betking Dancer settled for Ambassador?! Chai.

Peak; Its in you To. This isn't deter-mined enough. E dey pain.

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by charlesemeka85(m): 9:47am On Dec 13, 2021
Danielnino00:
Great men grin
amuneke bench warmer
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by chrisooblog: 9:48am On Dec 13, 2021
The Irony is if the people in the country where he's staying have his same mindset they would have kicked his ass out of their country tey tey.

andrewbaba44:

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by charlesemeka85(m): 9:49am On Dec 13, 2021
andrewbaba44:

una still get time for that old fool. Very disgusting man

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by charlesemeka85(m): 9:51am On Dec 13, 2021
Idenna and guff like 5 and 6
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Nobody: 9:52am On Dec 13, 2021
SMH..... you want Rohr gone and now he's gone for good, why the excess wailing since early Morning till now?

Some of you are crying for Amunike to be appointed, are you Guys so sure and convinced he's gonna pull a Pep with Eagles?

We are few days to AFCON, yet wanting a Coach that failed massively in his first AFCON Assignment over a Coach that won bronze Medal...?!

Instead of crying, wailing, gnashing teeth, take your time to study the new Team. Dr. Terry has an outstanding CV as highlighted by Philosopher1979. Paul Aigbogun also has a good CV, Salisu has proven himself locally.

We should calm down until we see their List first, though it doesn't call for another round of wailing. What we should be concerned about is, how the Team is setup and tactics at AFCON.

This Amunike Agenda should be on hold please. Coz he won U17 World Cup doesn't mean he's as good as Pep. This is same way most of you hyped Oliseh to failure and oblivion.

5 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by chrisooblog: 9:54am On Dec 13, 2021
Eguavoen as a person is liked and respected by many people. His coaching pedigree is not great if we're being brutally honest but for sure he will do his best.

I don't expect him to perform miracles at the AFCON winning a tournament requires at least 2-3 years team building and understanding. I expect him to be very bold in this AFCON. Let us play some aesthetically pleasing football to the eye. If we go down let not be said we didn't give it a go.

Truidstar:
Eguavoen is a sound coach. We are going to be better defensively. Expect immediate changes in that backline. The likes shehu abdullahi are gone. Musa will remain for purely sentimental reasons. A member if the 28. But rarely play.

6 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by andrewbaba44: 9:55am On Dec 13, 2021
chrisooblog:
The Irony is if the people in the country where he's staying have his same mindset they would have kicked his ass out of their country tey tey.

Shebi Na yankee him Dey stay

Don’t mind him ,I am sure there have been one point in his life where he would be ranting about how racist the white people here ,but he isn’t different from them .
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by andrewbaba44: 9:56am On Dec 13, 2021
charlesemeka85:
Idenna and guff like 5 and 6

cheesy

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (11858) (11859) (11860) (11861) (11862) (11863) (11864) ... (16216) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: foxman04, chrisooblog, Marjoribanks, elyte89, opes, KpagoGIN(m) and 6 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 49
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.