Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,159,544 members, 7,840,282 topics. Date: Saturday, 25 May 2024 at 08:17 PM

"The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup - Sports (11862) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup (11809044 Views)

Cameroon's Douala Stadium Artificial Grassfield For AFCON 2019 Stolen / Super Eagles Arrive In Uyo, Train Ahead Of Their AFCON 2019 Qualifier (Pictures) / AFCON 2019: Nigeria To Battle South Africa For A Place (Full Draws) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (11859) (11860) (11861) (11862) (11863) (11864) (11865) ... (16217) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by daveP(m): 10:03am On Dec 13, 2021
My fear be say make Orubebe version 3 no come get Football version o.

Rohr-Gej

New Coach-Buhari...

E go pain.

This fear is legit cos not only Crazy Things ate happening, but This is Nigeria!! grin
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by COOL10(m): 10:03am On Dec 13, 2021
So we're back to the dark ages I see.
Hmmm, interesting : kiss

2 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by COOL10(m): 10:05am On Dec 13, 2021
daveP:
My fear be say make Orubebe version 3 no come get Football version o.

Rohr-Gej

New Coach-Buhari...

E go pain.

This fear is legit cos not only Crazy Things ate happening, but This is Nigeria!! grin

That's exactly what's gonna happen. Believe that.

2 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by forgiveness: 10:06am On Dec 13, 2021
daveP:

Than Eguavoen and Committee??

You're asking a rhetoric or just pulling legs?

The combo of Finidi and Amunike vs Committee?!

This shouldn't be a question by now. Sincerely.

Infact it should be asked vice versa.

And yet,these guys by now, in saner climes, should be FA presidents and VP,but they're barely "qualified" to even be National team top managers due to politicking.

Betking Dancer settled for Ambassador?! Chai.

Peak; Its in you To. This isn't deter-mined enough. E dey pain.

Eguavoen has won Bronze at the AFCON. Won Federation Cup. Coached a team to second place in Malta league. Coached in South Africa and took Enyimba to 3rd place on the league after he won Federation cup for them.

He is definitely far better than Finidi and Amunike combined.

The only problem with a local coach is corruption. Gbam!

2 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by daveP(m): 10:06am On Dec 13, 2021
andrewbaba44:

Lol

Winning the best young player at the euros also increased pedri value

That one dey sha.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by daveP(m): 10:08am On Dec 13, 2021
COOL10:

That's exactly what's gonna happen. Believe that.

This kinda gamble should never be happening in a WCQ year atall.

Now all of a sudden, chasing shadows is an nig option already cos Afcon might be an experiment and WCQ may never be in the bag either, which would further glorify Rohr if any one of such two scenarios happen.

Smh

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Kog45(m): 10:09am On Dec 13, 2021
forgiveness:

Eguavoen has won Bronze at the AFCON. Won Federation Cup. Coached a team to second place in Malta league. Coached in South Africa.

Austin Eguavoen is not corrupt or have you heard any news related to him on corruption.

2 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by forgiveness: 10:11am On Dec 13, 2021
Kog45:
Austin Eguavoen is not corrupt or have you hear any news related to him on corruption.

I have not heard but his selection speaks volume.

I am just indifference with his appointment because I don’t know if NFF will appoint before AFCON.

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by daveP(m): 10:14am On Dec 13, 2021
forgiveness:

Eguavoen has won Bronze at the AFCON. Won Federation Cup. Coached a team to second place in Malta league. Coached in South Africa.

Bronze in 2006? 14yrs ago?

Has he done any other national job since then? Cos im very much unfazed by these Malta and SA addition to this cv. Very much to be sidelined to me. We want to do Shaibu Amodu with Eguavoen?

I dunno, but the trust just skyrockets when its not supposed to.

Besides, its not just corruption. We have Tactical acumen too.

But as i said, this appointment is more of Trust than Qualification. I'm riled up cos its a WC year. This shouldn't be happening atall.

We don't want Fans to be singing "Tunisia lo maa jabo" for the two legged WCQ.

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by 12large1: 10:16am On Dec 13, 2021
At this upcoming nations cup, The goal is to Win and anything contrary, unfortunately will be considered a failure. The first step to winning is believing and aiming that you can win

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by COOL10(m): 10:16am On Dec 13, 2021
daveP:

This kinda gamble should never be happening in a WCQ year atall.

Now all of a sudden, chasing shadows is an nig option already cos Afcon might be an experiment and WCQ may never be in the bag either, which would further glorify Rohr if any one of such two scenarios happen.

Smh

We never learn as a people. I am tired. God knows I am.

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Kog45(m): 10:28am On Dec 13, 2021
daveP:

Has he done any other national job since then? Cos im very much unfazed by these Malta and SA addition to this cv. Very much to be sidelined to me. We want to do Shaibu Amodu with Eguavoen?

But as i said, this appointment is more of Trust than Qualification. I'm riled up cos its a WC year. This shouldn't be happening atall.

Dave man let just be hopeful....Rohr achieved nothing in Africa football before his appointment with eagles.

3 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by forgiveness: 10:31am On Dec 13, 2021
daveP:

Okay, on what premise should we give it Finidi and Amunike?

Tactically acumen but corrupt.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by nelszx: 10:34am On Dec 13, 2021
12large1:
At this upcoming nations cup, The goal is to Win and anything contrary, unfortunately will be considered a failure. The first step to winning is believing and aiming that you can win
If the lads believe they can win it regardless of who the coaches are they will win. They just need to instill that mentality into them and watch them play their hearts out.

Everything na mindset. With good psyching they can do wonders

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Nobody: 10:42am On Dec 13, 2021
daveP:

grin

..... and what are the Achievements of Amunike and Finidi?

2 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TFLASHOGEE(m): 10:44am On Dec 13, 2021
Amunike currently being interviewed on brila FM smiley honestly the man has the interest of the national team and he his open to coach wink and he made mention that philosophy which shows he truly has it and proud to implement wink if we are going for local coach amunike for me grin

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by jihday(m): 10:54am On Dec 13, 2021
Joebie:
I will take Finidi/Amuneke as interim coach over Eguavoen, and eventually they could become assistants to a sound coach. Na this situation you prefer? na wa

it’s not a ‘OR’ situation. I don’t want any of them. Less than 1 month to our first game and you want an inexperienced duo, that’s too risky boss. Also they won’t do assistant for any oyinbo coach
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Nobody: 10:54am On Dec 13, 2021
TFLASHOGEE:
Amunike currently being interviewed on brila FM smiley honestly the man has the interest of the national team and he his open to coach wink and he made mention that philosophy which shows he truly has it and proud to implement wink if we are going for local coach amunike for me grin

grin

Your type dey easily fall for motivational Speakers, especially those wey dey sell GNLD Products.

14 Likes 1 Share

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Joezinho: 10:57am On Dec 13, 2021
I am not bothered much about the AFCON though. It's less technical and tactical and its more of fitness with 1 or 2 magical players.

Its the World Cup i am bothered about. If these bunch of clueless mofos take this team to the WC, we are not going past 2nd round or even group stage.

We are recycling failed coaches. Eguavon was fired due to his uselessness as coach, Aigbogun was USELESS with the U20. Salisu is a corrupt man that would clearly introduce cash for team spot.

Smh.. Amaju is a failure...

2 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by jihday(m): 10:58am On Dec 13, 2021
Astrid4:

When is eagle's next match ??are we gonna playing anything soon...the deal with the new coach is almost good as done... appointment of an interim is non consequential and if need be for an appointment of an interim coach it shouldn't Austin it should be Salisu Yusuf the chief coach...all this shit are just ways to loot money
SMH, nobody is looting money. Camp is supposed to open in about 2 weeks, won’t somebody have to come up with a program? The appointment is just to make sure there’s no vacuum

2 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by jihday(m): 11:00am On Dec 13, 2021
Danielnino00:

The AFCON is less than a month away...Preparations for it has already started... Leaving the post vacant would have sent the wrong message to the players that he NFF aren't serious...

Salisu is still there.. He is chief coach... Eguavon is technical adviser...
from the twitter post of a journalist , he kinda insinuated that Salisu will be the main man but Eguavoen is fronting for him due to his corruption case
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TFLASHOGEE(m): 11:03am On Dec 13, 2021
Oasis001:

grin

Your type dey easily fall for motivational Speakers, especially those wey dey sell GNLD Products.
na your type dey always like to say something wey know concern you especially for newspaper stand grin I know you didn't follow the interview and you can do your self a favour by going on brila FM to hear others comments grin grin who listened to the interview wink
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Danielnino00(m): 11:03am On Dec 13, 2021
forgiveness:

You have been calling Amuneke corrupt since like forever.. Yet you haven't been able to bring up one evidence against him...

Findi was coaching Mallorca youth team before he got the Enyimba job...what corruption evidence do you have against him?

2 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Nobody: 11:04am On Dec 13, 2021
TFLASHOGEE:
na your type dey always like to say something wey know concern you especially for newspaper stand grin I know you didn't follow the interview and you can do your self a favour by going on brila FM to hear others comments grin grin who listened to the interview wink

grin

You dey use style call me Amebo. No wahala!

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by jihday(m): 11:04am On Dec 13, 2021
forgiveness:

tactical acumen wey we no dey see, people are using U-17 to judge him
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by jihday(m): 11:06am On Dec 13, 2021
TFLASHOGEE:
Oliseh talk pass that one , when push came to shove he imploded. Amunike should go and look for job Nigeria does not owe him anything.

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Danielnino00(m): 11:08am On Dec 13, 2021
jihday:
from the twitter post of a journalist , he kinda insinuated that Salisu will be the main man but Eguavoen is fronting for him due to his corruption case

Won't be far from the truth...Salisu is even better tactically to some extent...But the corruption case puts a dent on his image...

Ironically, he is the only manager with a 100% record with the super eagles grin

2 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TFLASHOGEE(m): 11:10am On Dec 13, 2021
jihday:
Oliseh talk pass that one , when push came to shove he imploded. Amunike should go and look for job Nigeria does not owe him anything.
seriously he never made it seems like we owed him something he made mentioned in the interview that he wasn't contacted when being ask by the brila journalist and he made it clear when the job is officially made vacant he will apply just like others wink

4 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Danielnino00(m): 11:13am On Dec 13, 2021
jihday:

Oliseh later went to Netherlands and did well...

The problem with him was his ego...Poor man management skills...

4 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Joezinho: 11:20am On Dec 13, 2021
When Eguaveon was regularly being mentioned during the Rohr-Must-Go campaign, they didn't query Eguaveon’s credentials?
Now he has been given the job, they are already deserting him with the ‘why not Amuneke’ excuse. cheesy grin
Why not Eguaveon if you insist on a local coach?

Una never see anything yet. Welcome to the dark ages.

2 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheGoodJoe(m): 11:33am On Dec 13, 2021
Philosopher1979:
The appointment of Dr. Terry Eguaoje is fantastic in the Super Eagles coaching crew is fantastic
he has conducted over 700 coaching courses in the last seven years and NFF wants to bring him as consultant coach
Dr Eguaoje has conducted several FIFA, UEFA and CAF sanctioned coaching courses in US, Africa and other part of the world.
He was born in Nigeria and is a seasoned coach with UEFA A licence coaching.
He is the founder of the Football Coaches Association of African Nations (FCAAN.
IT IS ONE OF THE BEST THINGS TO HAppen to our football.
He has all that technical knowledge of an European but he is a true Nigerian.
He has been doing several coaching clinics in Nigeria.

I am not blown by courses. I am blown by philosophies and approach to the game. What is his style of play or is he bringing something different?

Has he coached and what style did he play.

Not CV please.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Nobody: 11:34am On Dec 13, 2021
Iffa hear amunike for here again i go stone the the person

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (11859) (11860) (11861) (11862) (11863) (11864) (11865) ... (16217) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: elyte89, Ppogbae, TradingGod, Goke7, opes, bennie1980(m), Moniter0, Philosopher1979, Giv3n and 6 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 49
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.