Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,162,361 members, 7,850,326 topics. Date: Tuesday, 04 June 2024 at 06:28 PM

"The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup - Sports (11942) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup (11863198 Views)

Cameroon's Douala Stadium Artificial Grassfield For AFCON 2019 Stolen / Super Eagles Arrive In Uyo, Train Ahead Of Their AFCON 2019 Qualifier (Pictures) / AFCON 2019: Nigeria To Battle South Africa For A Place (Full Draws) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (11939) (11940) (11941) (11942) (11943) (11944) (11945) ... (16249) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Danielnino00(m): 10:51pm On Dec 25, 2021
PurpleHouse:

If he shines, the team wins. Everybody is happy. Full stop.
Certainly not everybody is happy... grin
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Napoleon55(m): 10:52pm On Dec 25, 2021
IDENNAA:

Ndidi has flopped in SE , big time. So, the question about his marvelous status in EPL is irrelevant here. If his presence is weakening the team let him sit.
Just drop the ndidi matter ,
u are alone on relegating ndidi to d bench,
No one will support u on that,
unlike nwakali's case.
Nwakali's inclusion is a welcomed development but 4 ndidi to sit on d bench is a no no.

Ndidi is our highest rated player,possibly our best n d most trusted player,
Whether he has justified all d accolades in green n white colour doesn't take anything away from him.

No one will have a player like ndidi n will decide to put him on d bench.

And moreover he is not in any way as bad u want people to believe.
He is not a flop as u put it.

Calling for ndidi to be benched is funny as it goes,
that no one will actually take u serious.
I suggest u channel that idea into something else.

3 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by mostob(m): 10:55pm On Dec 25, 2021
zuchyblink:
Eguaveon considered international experience (especially African football) adaptability to African harsh weather. He didn't want to go with broilers ( Dessers, Akpoguma, Lookman, Bassey and Ejaria) the aforementioned players are post AFCON project
LMAO grin grin grin grin

why bro? Why? grin

2 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Danielnino00(m): 10:55pm On Dec 25, 2021
lbrichman2:

It's simple really
All he needs to do is reach out to them and let them know they're still part of the group
After the AFCON I expect people like Musa, Ighalo, Shehu and maybe even Balogun to give way
That opens up spaces for the aforementioned players

I think Eguavoen made the right call on this one
If Musa doesn't announce his retirement after AFCON, then forget it...The man will be at Qatar... I think Balogun might retire... Or probably Qatar would be the last bus stop...
But seriously,after AFCON I'll be quite glad it Musa, Shehu, Collins,Ighalo, Omeruo and Balogun quit the team.. The likes of Iwobi, Iheanacho, Simon and Ekong should also get restricted minutes... We need to rebuild properly...

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Karlovych: 10:57pm On Dec 25, 2021
IDENNAA:

Apply this same energy and call for Iwobi to be dropped,because he has been poor this season. Hasn't he ?
Iwobi has goals this season though for Everton, how many does Nwakali in his entire Huesca career?
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Joebie: 10:58pm On Dec 25, 2021
Let Eguavoen come and defend his list.. let him do and come and be going. NEXT!
Those hoping for AFCON title, I laugh.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Nobody: 10:59pm On Dec 25, 2021
andrewbaba44:

Nwakali is a creative player ? But he hasn’t been creative since he arrived Europe of I am not mistaken so how is he a creative player ,which one be dem no Dey argue that one ,you talk say him Dey creative but where is the proof ?
My brother..no waste your strength dey argue. When wind blow, fowl yansh go open. We will all see if Nwakali is good enough or not. I personally have not seen anything he has done to warrant an invite. But you never know...if e no grab this opportunity with both hands....he has himself to blame.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Joebie: 10:59pm On Dec 25, 2021
I am okay with Nwakali's invitation, not that I am confident that he would make it count. As per Shehu, now I know Rohr has not been single-handedly picking his list.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Joebie: 11:03pm On Dec 25, 2021
I think some other countries are also not ready, the only thing unique about us is many of us believe we will win the title in the midst of our unreadiness. grin
zuchyblink:
Nigeria the only country not ready for AFCON

4 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Mujtahida: 11:05pm On Dec 25, 2021
chrisooblog:
Something Zidane could do blindfolded.

Even that Under 17 player Abdullahi I think used to pull that of frequently

This was even Zidane's signature move. Not a one off, he did it so many times even in that match against Brazil in WC 06.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by andrewbaba44: 11:06pm On Dec 25, 2021
Danielnino00:

If Musa doesn't announce his retirement after AFCON, then forget it...The man will be at Qatar... I think Balogun might retire... Or probably Qatar would be the last bus stop...
But seriously,after AFCON I'll be quite glad it Musa, Shehu, Collins,Ighalo, Omeruo and Balogun quit the team.. The likes of Iwobi, Iheanacho, Simon and Ekong should also get restricted minutes... We need to rebuild properly...

Ighalo Na cat with 9 lives cheesy

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Mujtahida: 11:08pm On Dec 25, 2021
Maroghene:

If we are to be sincere with ourselves, on current form none of our CB's matches Ndah and for Bassey, he currently seats on the bench for Balogun at Rangers. The unfortunate omission was Tyrone but Shehu had to go to AFCON for the sake of politics. He, Musa and Umar Sadiq are the only players from up North in that squad.
Heyyy since Van Bronkhost took over from Gerard, Bassey has played consistently benching Balogun.

2 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Mujtahida: 11:14pm On Dec 25, 2021
darkelf:

I nominate my humble dark self grin grin grin . Una go need my dark views ooo

My bro - Andrewbaba44

The blue-font arguer - theGoodJoe

And English football Enthusiast - Komekn
Person like you go like do third term oo tongue tongue

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Danielnino00(m): 11:21pm On Dec 25, 2021
jihday:
even if we loose all 3 games all anger should be directed at Amaju

Amaju no send una o cheesy

My guy dey chill grin

9 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by jihday(m): 11:21pm On Dec 25, 2021
Clint02:
Because he already knows how to shine in international competitions.
yeah, like the last U-23 Afcon
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by maidaboi(m): 11:22pm On Dec 25, 2021
Joebie:
Let Eguavoen come and defend his list.. let him do and come and be going. NEXT!
Those hoping for AFCON title, I laugh.
those that are not hoping for AFCON title can continue thier hoping nothing spoiled it's a free world

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Mujtahida: 11:22pm On Dec 25, 2021
ChrisKels:
I would want two or three scrimmages before the actual tournament, with Ndidi, Nwakali and Aribo as the midfield three in the fashion below;

..............................Osimhen.................................
.............Dennis..................................SamChuks.....

.....................................Aribo.................................

.......................Ndidi....................Nwakali................
Yes, let Aribo play just where he currently plays for Rangers. Iwobi can sub him or vice versa.

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by jihday(m): 11:24pm On Dec 25, 2021
andrewbaba44:

So rohr messed up players and it had to affect their club form ?
na Rohr dey hold him leg for Greece

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Danielnino00(m): 11:24pm On Dec 25, 2021
jihday:
I definitely think Rohr would have dropped bassey , when Collins Shehu and Omeruo still dey alive.

Only those who can say they don't know Rohr enough will deny it..
I knew Rohr was loco when he benched Ebuehi for Shehu at the world cup in the first group game..
He went ahead again and dropped an in form Aina for Collins at the AFCON.. Both Shehu and Collins are two players that will make your attack from the flank dull... Bassey won't have made that list with Rohr in charge...

4 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by andrewbaba44: 11:27pm On Dec 25, 2021
jihday:
na Rohr dey hold him leg for Greece
The thing shock you abi cheesy

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by jihday(m): 11:30pm On Dec 25, 2021
Danielnino00:

post Afcon, the only players that may be axed are Shehu and Collins the rest dey go World Cup if we qualify
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Amedino99(m): 11:31pm On Dec 25, 2021
Mujtahida:

Heyyy since Van Bronkhost took over from Gerard, Bassey has played consistently benching Balogun.
Balogun was/has been nursing an injury I think
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by jihday(m): 11:32pm On Dec 25, 2021
Mujtahida:

Balogun have been injured not benched
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Danielnino00(m): 11:34pm On Dec 25, 2021
jihday:
post Afcon, the only players that may be axed are Shehu and Collins the rest dey go World Cup if we qualify

They said Shehu is related to the sultan o grin cheesy ...
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Mujtahida: 11:34pm On Dec 25, 2021
IDENNAA:

Ndidi has flopped in SE , big time. So, the question about his marvelous status in EPL is irrelevant here. If his presence is weakening the team let him sit.
I have never been impressed by Ndidi and its really frustrating to me. I agreed with Eguavoen in his interview posted some days ago that he feels Ndidi is holding back. I still wonder why Ndidi is holding back. Our DMs like fOliseh and Onazi play like possessed players. But Ndidi is not like that. I think Onyeka should be given a chance. Sometimes competition can challenge a player to play his best where ordinarily self satisfaction makes him to just get by.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by andrewbaba44: 11:38pm On Dec 25, 2021
Mujtahida:

I have never been impressed by Ndidi and its really frustrating to me. I agreed with Eguavoen in his interview posted some days ago that he feels Ndidi is holding back. I still wonder why Ndidi is holding back. Our DMs from Oliseh to Odiah to Onazi play like possessed players. But Ndidi is not like that. I think Onyeka should be given a chance. Sometimes competition can challenge a player to play his best where ordinarily self satisfaction makes him to just get by.

Which odiah was a DM ?

Chidi odiah came through my mind and he played as a RB

1 Like 1 Share

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by jihday(m): 11:42pm On Dec 25, 2021
Emmanuel Amuneke has dismissed reports which claimed that he turned down the Nigeria Football Federation Technical Director job in 2020.

The former Barcelona winger was first choice to replace Bitrus Bewarang as technical director of the Nigerian Federation before the appointment of Augustine Eguavoen.

Amuneke admitted that he was approached by Nigerian Federation boss Amaju Pinnick and accepted the offer though he was under contract with Egyptian club El Makkasa as their technical director.

"I didn't reject anything, sometimes people talk about you behind but it's good I set the record straight," Amuneke said.

"It's true that I was appointed, Pinnick in question spoke to me and I spoke to him and I told him Nigeria comes first in as much I am engaged in Egypt with a team but things have to be done professionally.

"I'm engaged in Egypt and my country wants me, I cannot walk away from my country, I have to seek the consent of those that brought me to Egypt and which is eventually what I did."

Amuneke revealed that talks with the Nigerian Federation collapsed because El Makkasa demanded compensation to free him from his contract.

It is being claimed in some quarters that Amuneke was not considered for the interim Super Eagles job because he didn't take up the role of Technical Director last year, something which has been disputed by the 50-year-old.

"When Pinnick called me and told me about the Technical Director job I told him no problem and I told him I was on a contract, I have to discuss with the President of the club to get his consent.

"I discussed with the Club President and they told me that if I want to go there is a certain amount of money which I don't want to mention that I have to pay.

"I discussed it with Pinnick that look at the plans, the President doesn't want me to go so if somebody is saying I turned them down because they offered me a job and that's the reason why they are not giving me Super Eagles job, we are too big to be cooking stories and talking negative things at people's back," Amuneke stressed.

A holder of UEFA Pro Coaching License, Amuneke was in the dugout when the Golden Eaglets won the 2015 U17 World Cup, has coached the Flying Eagles in the past and was Tanzania's coach at the last Africa Cup of Nations.

Copied from allnigeria

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by jihday(m): 11:43pm On Dec 25, 2021
Danielnino00:

They said Shehu is related to the sultan o grin cheesy ...
lol, it’s just Rohr that’s keeping him, his versatility gives him an edge too
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by kingphilip(m): 11:43pm On Dec 25, 2021
jihday:
who would you have taken in place of Nwakali? We are actually short of midfield talent, I can’t even think of any high profile name. Even though I don’t think he’s special or bringing something that will take us to the next level but his inclusion isn’t such a bad thing.
He won't answer you.

I've asked all of them against this invitation this question.

You'd see people mentioning Nwakali and Akpoguma in same sentence you'll now be wondering when the both of them master the other's position
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Mujtahida: 11:46pm On Dec 25, 2021
andrewbaba44:

Which odiah was a DM ?

Chidi odiah came through my mind and he played as a RB
Mistake jare.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by kingphilip(m): 11:47pm On Dec 25, 2021
Truidstar:
My brother..no waste your strength dey argue. When wind blow, fowl yansh go open. We will all see if Nwakali is good enough or not. I personally have not seen anything he has done to warrant an invite. But you never know...if e no grab this opportunity with both hands....he has himself to blame.

Which midfielder should have been invited in his place?

Or would you suggest that we have 4 midfielders in a squad of 28 to afcon?
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Astrid4(m): 12:10am On Dec 26, 2021
TheGoodJoe:

It is not by club. Skill set and attributes. Cool down first and give the coach time.

Baba drop all this trash
Which kain skill set and attribute can a player playing in an obscure PSL use to trump over an Hoffenheim, or you think playing regularly in bundesliga is a joke...the dude has been consistent over the year despite injury woes even captain Germany U-20 can Olisa Ndah walk straight to any bundesliga second division club?
Am disappointed with this stupid assertions.

7 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) ... (11939) (11940) (11941) (11942) (11943) (11944) (11945) ... (16249) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: Philosopher1979, onyeomaonyeoma(m), Hanibal(m), Danielnino00(m), elyte89 and 4 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 48
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.