Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,579 members, 7,820,089 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 09:32 AM

"The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup - Sports (11944) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup (11700047 Views)

Cameroon's Douala Stadium Artificial Grassfield For AFCON 2019 Stolen / Super Eagles Arrive In Uyo, Train Ahead Of Their AFCON 2019 Qualifier (Pictures) / AFCON 2019: Nigeria To Battle South Africa For A Place (Full Draws) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (11941) (11942) (11943) (11944) (11945) (11946) (11947) ... (16159) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by andrewbaba44: 7:39am On Dec 26, 2021
ABIODUN105:
Why i support the inclusion of Nwakali Is that this two guys Osimen and chukwueze want him to play for super eagles.The three of them know each other in and out on the field of play

See person mentality ,

So because I want my friend to play for the national team then he should he called up in a good form or a bad form

Smh

11 Likes 3 Shares

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by VillageBus(m): 7:40am On Dec 26, 2021
andrewbaba44:

You don’t even know anything about nwakali and yet you won’t let us hear word ,I doubt you even watch nwakali

Nwakali has played more as an AM this season more than any position ,there was a time he even played as a winger and even a CF ,nwakali has only played as a DM once but you said more entire CM and DM ,the other position he played was CM but he has played more games as an AM
this is not true, I have watch Huesca last four matches and he played as a deep lying playmaker in two of them, there DM is poor on the ball, so he is the one that drops deep to collect the ball from there CB, in one he played as a DM(kinda like a regista) in a 442 formation and the last as a CM in a 442 formation.
I don't know where you got your AM and winger from. Earlier in the season he was playing as a RM in a 442, but he still had the task of receiving the ball from there CB.

2 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Clint02(m): 7:44am On Dec 26, 2021
ABIODUN105:
Why i support the inclusion of Nwakali Is that this two guys Osimen and chukwueze want him to play for super eagles.The three of them know each other in and out on the field of play
True,this is really a topic of concern.

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Kog45(m): 7:49am On Dec 26, 2021
humility33:

It is purely sentimental .add to Shehu
I have always hear them say he is versatile

Versatile my foot
Take Awaziem to the DM role he plays it better
Take Awaziem to that RB/CB role he plays it better

Same with Aina And Ndidi

We don't need the so claimed versatility of a Cyprus based player not even bossing the league sef

Same with Ighalo who brings nothing new to the team.. I blame rohr for his inclusion... Dessers deserve that spot
Hmm...do we need to blame Eguavoen for this but Rohr...recalling Ighalo was a big fraud and Shehu making the team on versatility is another tales by moonlight.

Anyway we just need to support the team but post Afcon we will surely see new players coming into the fold.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Kog45(m): 7:52am On Dec 26, 2021
ABIODUN105:
Abbey,so Nwakili dey share Osimehn and Chuckwueze grace abi.

4 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Kog45(m): 7:59am On Dec 26, 2021
Pls I just dey reason why inclusion of Olisa Ndah over Kevin Akpoguma...pls I need urgent reply cos I thought the guy was having it so good in SA league but going through his performances so far....NO NO and funny enough someone said he is better than Balogun and Zuchy my man said NO reasonable coach will overlook Ndah.

Abi Ndah has the quality that is hidden cos it's possible.

2 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by hismail1(m): 8:00am On Dec 26, 2021
I remember how the three were sent packing after a 1-0 loss against Morocco (our opening game in Tunisia), what we currently have shows how low we've gone, the team obviously lacks discipline.
humility33:

If this set of NFF were in charge in 2004 I doubt Yakubu, Agali and Celestine Babayaro would have been sent out from camp for breaking camp rules

Sometimes when we berate Pinnick here we so do so because of how some of the previous FA president acted and we expect Pinnick led team to do better and not worse
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by humility33(m): 8:02am On Dec 26, 2021
Kog45:
Hmm...do we need to blame Eguavoen for this but Rohr...recalling Ighalo was a big fraud and Shehu making the team on versatility is another tales by moonlight.

Anyway we just need to support the team but post Afcon we will surely see new players coming into the fold.

The world cup will be worst
Many agents and players will be willing to pay any sum to get on the list and trust this home groomed players...they know the nook and crannies better except a foreign coach is appointed before then

1 Like 1 Share

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by zuchyblink(m): 8:04am On Dec 26, 2021
Kog45:
Zuchy man,pls tell me more about Ndah cos going through his CV I wasn't impressed....this guy couldn't cut it in ordinary Malta league and presently he had 3 appearances in 19 matches played so far in SA league,so why saying no reasonable coach will overlook Ndah.
My brother,Ndah did well in NPFL,he has played almost every minute for Orlando pirates,his wiki page is not updated. He is currently rated as the best defender in SA and one of the best players in SA. He is talented. Most fans believe he is bigger than the league

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by humility33(m): 8:06am On Dec 26, 2021
hismail1:
I remember how the three were sent packing after a 1-0 loss against Morocco (our opening game in Tunisia), what we currently have shows how low we've gone, the team obviously lacks discipline.

Yeah I remember and Yakubu went back to England and start scoring goals for his club
And Osaze took the chance against SA to clinch his spot. He scored 3 goals in that tourney 2 against south Africa and one against Mali that was the beginning of the reign of the relatively unknow Belgium based forward then

I just can't wait for Pinnick to leave through I will applaud him and rohr for recruiting lot of this foreign born players but instilling discipline and using the coaching roles as gifts to his friends is something that is uncalled for

Well lets support the team...if Coach Austin is fully in charge...I trust him to be a nonsense man he was a member of the coaching crew in 2004 together with Christain Chukwu they took that tough decision

2 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by humility33(m): 8:09am On Dec 26, 2021
zuchyblink:
My brother,Ndah did well in NPFL,he has played almost every minute for Orlando pirates,his wiki page is not updated. He is currently rated as the best defender in SA and one of the best players in SA. He is talented. Most fans believe he is bigger than the league

Yeah he is better than a player bossing and playing in German top division league and Glasgow rangers

I just pray the injustice you guys support dont return to hurt u someday

When u support mediocrity and injustice do so with shame

4 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by nelszx: 8:11am On Dec 26, 2021
do4luv14:

Thank you, I now understand why Rohr refuse to listen to the nff on players callup,

just 3games, boom he dey go Afcon, while the one that had been playing regularly, was dropped

not even Bassey sef but Ndah of all defender,

chaiii

#bringbackbabaRohr........
Ndah like I've gathered isn't that bad going by the reviews of S/Africans (pirate fans) on him. According to them, he's the next big thing after Van Djik.

I haven't seen him play but the reviews says alot about the player. I only wishing the team a successful camping and luck during the campaign.

I'm just happy we have a proper CM in the midfield that can collect passes from his DM and send to AM to initiate attacks. I'm feeling we'll be playing a 3 man midfield or 3 man MF with a SS.

My concerns on the list are Musa, Noble (who has not played a game), Simon, Ighalo (off and on). Aside that it's a very lethal squad that if they click as a unit and play to instructions should beat teams well. Maybe the plan is to outscore the opponent.

3 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by nelszx: 8:13am On Dec 26, 2021
hismail1:
So Iheanacho and his gang will get away with bringing women to team camp? Omo kiss
Rohr said its not true, NFF says it's not true
If you believe its true, please present your proof

9 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by nelszx: 8:15am On Dec 26, 2021
Kog45:
Zuchy man,pls tell me more about Ndah cos going through his CV I wasn't impressed....this guy couldn't cut it in ordinary Malta league and presently he had 3 appearances in 19 matches played so far in SA league,so why saying no reasonable coach will overlook Ndah.
He's has played 13 games in SA not 3. Just type his name on Twitter search and see how he's been raved about as the signing of the year for pirates.

Sometimes ones break out season comes from unlikely places. Mikel played in SA and didnt cut it much till he left for Lyn Oslo. I have not see him play but I hope to and no much YouTube videos on him playing for pirates. The S/A fears he's too much of a player to play in the PSL and maybe signed up to Europe after the AFCON tournament.

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by VillageBus(m): 8:19am On Dec 26, 2021
humility33:

Yeah he is better than a player bossing and playing in German top division league and Glasgow rangers

I just pray the injustice you guys support dont return to hurt u someday

When u support mediocrity and injustice do so with shame
The only thing Apo does better than Ndah is defending setpieces, Ndah is faster than him, stronger than him and even pass the ball better than him, plus Ndah is very strong in tackle and the times I have watched Hoffenheim he kept on losing ground duel back to back(thou aerially he is god to all our CB)

2 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by nelszx: 8:22am On Dec 26, 2021
Kog45:
Pls I just dey reason why inclusion of Olisa Ndah over Kevin Akpoguma...pls I need urgent reply cos I thought the guy was having it so good in SA league but going through his performances so far....NO NO and funny enough someone said he is better than Balogun and Zuchy my man said NO reasonable coach will overlook Ndah.

Abi Ndah has the quality that is hidden cos it's possible.
Ndah doesn't play like the regular CBs. If you watch his game or few highlights you'll see he's a ball carrying CB likely he was converted from a DM into a CB. His handling of the ball tells the guy must have played in a DM role previously.

Hard to beat in the air and not shaky

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Kog45(m): 8:23am On Dec 26, 2021
zuchyblink:
Okay...just able to dig more about him...13 matches so far and joined the team just a week after commencement of SA league....good rating.

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Kog45(m): 8:24am On Dec 26, 2021
nelszx:

Ndah doesn't play like the regular CBs. If you watch his game or few highlights you'll see he's a ball carrying CB likely he was converted from a DM into a CB. His handling of the ball tells the guy must have played in a DM role previously.

Hard to beat in the air and not shaky
Okay my man.

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Kog45(m): 8:26am On Dec 26, 2021
nelszx:

He's has played 13 games in SA not 3. Just type his name on Twitter search and see how he's been raved about as the signing of the year for pirates.

Sometimes ones break out season comes from unlikely places. Mikel played in SA and didnt cut it much till he left for Lyn Oslo. I have not see him play but I hope to and no much YouTube videos on him playing for pirates. The S/A fears he's too much of a player to play in the PSL and maybe signed up to Europe after the AFCON tournament.
Thanks able to get his correct stats through goal.com

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheGoodJoe(m): 8:34am On Dec 26, 2021
Astrid4:

Baba drop all this trash
Which kain skill set and attribute can a player playing in an obscure PSL use to trump over an Hoffenheim, or you think playing regularly in bundesliga is a joke...the dude has been consistent over the year despite injury woes even captain Germany U-20 can Olisa Ndah walk straight to any bundesliga second division club?
Am disappointed with this stupid assertions.
First of all, if for instance, a coach prefers having a player that makes runs with the ball into spaces, and that player plays in the PSL, are you saying the coach should not use the player to play a bundesliga star who does not make runs with the ball?

If the player does not fit the coach's philosophy or lacks the skillset he wants, you can not force it on the coach.

The philosophy is king.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by CaptainStephen(m): 8:38am On Dec 26, 2021
PurpleHouse:

I love the emotions.

It means we are ambitious here and not willing to settle for less.

I appreciate everyone here. We may argue and throw blows, but it only makes us more of a family.
All good brother

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by fabyom: 8:38am On Dec 26, 2021
andrewbaba44:

Fabyom why cheesy
I don change my mind! Lol! Up Super Eagles. Egypt too listed 4 goalkeepers.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by nelszx: 8:43am On Dec 26, 2021
fabyom:
I don change my mind! Lol! Up Super Eagles. Egypt too listed 4 goalkeepers.
The Egyptian squad is a 40 man list that would be trimmed to 28 before this Thursday (not much time to assess the players)
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheGoodJoe(m): 8:44am On Dec 26, 2021
Astrid4:

Baba drop all this trash
Which kain skill set and attribute can a player playing in an obscure PSL use to trump over an Hoffenheim, or you think playing regularly in bundesliga is a joke...the dude has been consistent over the year despite injury woes even captain Germany U-20 can Olisa Ndah walk straight to any bundesliga second division club?
Am disappointed with this stupid assertions.

Over time, we have seen where skillset trumps club status and experience.

Seydou Keita was one of the most gifted midfielders in the game. Had a stellar time at Sevilla. However, when Guardiola came on board, he preferred the skillset of Sergio Busquets who was a Barcelona B player.

Busquets understanding how to keep the ball with simple passes while in tight spaces made Guardiola prefer a Barca B player over a La Liga top star.

Shay Given was to me the best stopper in the Premier League. When Mancini was to have his first season, he did the unthinkable. Said, the young Manchester City keeper who was on loan with Birmingham will fight with the brilliant Shay Given for the number one position as goalkeeper for Manchester City.

The preseason was crazy. Both played each half per game. At the end of it, Mancini chose the young boy over a Premier League top recognized shot stopper.

In the debut game against Tottenham, Joe Hart pulled one of the best shows of a goalkeeper. You can see the clip below. I think he won man-of-the-match.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KaHY6FaQW7U

So please, it is not about club or status.

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by humility33(m): 8:48am On Dec 26, 2021
VillageBus:
The only thing Apo does better than Ndah is defending setpieces, Ndah is faster than him, stronger than him and even pass the ball better than him, plus Ndah is very strong in tackle and the times I have watched Hoffenheim he kept on losing ground duel back to back(thou aerially he is god to all our CB)

If all u wrote about ndah is true then it is fine
I really love Apo aerial dominance I won't lie
It is something our CBs lack since the dismiss of Yobo era

It pains me that Ekong and Balogun can't use their head to score goals same with Ndidi despite their height.....saw Apo as someone that can fit this role so well and possibly bench Ekong because he is better
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by jihday(m): 8:49am On Dec 26, 2021
hismail1:
So Iheanacho and his gang will get away with bringing women to team camp? Omo kiss
nobody brought women to camp
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by 12large1: 8:55am On Dec 26, 2021
Aside of the Akpoguma situation, how come no one is talking about the inclusion of shehu, Ahmed musa ahead of more deserving players like ebuehi, nwakaeme, ejaria, Lookman etc.. some of us were complaining about Rohr horrible selection and eguavoen decided to continue from where Rohr stopped. I’m tired everything in this country is politics and I am glad that, slowly by slowly my interest at SE is decreasing. Eventually, if we continue these nepotism, tribalistic selection, I will totally discontinue and sign off…. Ike agulam
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by jihday(m): 8:56am On Dec 26, 2021
VillageBus:
huh! Are you serious? You are comparing a player playing in South Africa to another one playing in Germany, South Africa!!!!!!!!?? ??

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheGoodJoe(m): 8:57am On Dec 26, 2021
ABIODUN105:
Why i support the inclusion of Nwakali Is that this two guys Osimen and chukwueze want him to play for super eagles. The three of them know each other in and out on the field of play.
shocked shocked shocked

This thing you are saying here carries heavyweight.

In the tactical video, Eguavoen listed three players who I believe are key to his ideas. Chukwueze, Osimhen, and Chidera Ejuke. These guys know themselves when it comes to the field of play and Kelechi Nwakali was a key player for them.

If it comes to understanding, Kelechi Nwakali fits into the picture. Interesting point.

I hope Nwakali can pull a very good shift in camp.

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheGoodJoe(m): 9:00am On Dec 26, 2021
jihday:
huh! Are you serious? You are comparing a player playing in South Africa to another one playing in Germany, South Africa!!!!!!!!?? ??

Westerhoff brought a 16 years old player from Ranchers Bees to the Super Eagles camp when we had lots of more senior players. The young man became key for the team and later became a top star in England. Later even won a man-of-the-match performance against Manchester United in the FA Cup. His name, Daniel Amokachi.

It is not by club but quality to offer the team.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by humility33(m): 9:01am On Dec 26, 2021
12large1:
Aside of the Akpoguma situation, how come no one is talking about the inclusion of shehu, Ahmed musa ahead of more deserving players like ebuehi, nwakaeme, ejaria, Lookman etc.. some of us were complaining about Rohr horrible selection and eguavoen decided to continue from where Rohr stopped. I’m tired everything in this country is politics and I am glad that, slowly by slowly my interest at SE is decreasing. Eventually, if we continue these nepotism, tribalistic selection, I will totally discontinue and sign off…. Ike agulam

Bro that shehu matter don tire me

Dude is from same state with Dikko NFF vice president and NFF permanent secretary so you can get where his backing comes from....

Even if they're to prune the list to 18 shehu and musa will still make the team

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheGoodJoe(m): 9:02am On Dec 26, 2021
12large1:

Making drastic changes, especially dropping senior players can cause drastic confusion in the camp and the team. Dropping one can prove easy but dropping three can become catastrophic.

Eguavoen is just starting and he can not make drastic changes few weeks to a major tournament.

(1) (2) (3) ... (11941) (11942) (11943) (11944) (11945) (11946) (11947) ... (16159) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: Setaleonoz(m), dankorode(m), elyte89, Suzzytee05(f), do4luv14(m) and 11 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 78
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.