Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,160,549 members, 7,843,711 topics. Date: Wednesday, 29 May 2024 at 10:12 AM

"The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup - Sports (11945) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup (11826610 Views)

Cameroon's Douala Stadium Artificial Grassfield For AFCON 2019 Stolen / Super Eagles Arrive In Uyo, Train Ahead Of Their AFCON 2019 Qualifier (Pictures) / AFCON 2019: Nigeria To Battle South Africa For A Place (Full Draws) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (11942) (11943) (11944) (11945) (11946) (11947) (11948) ... (16231) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by humility33(m): 9:03am On Dec 26, 2021
TheGoodJoe:

Westerhoff brought a 16 years old player from Ranchers Bees to the Super Eagles camp when we had lots of more senior players. The young man became key for the team and later became a top star in England. Later even won a man-of-the-match performance against Manchester United in the FA Cup. His name, Daniel Amokachi.

It is not by club but quality to offer the team.

Is Oliseh Ndah 16 years old?
C'mon we are talking of akpo and bassey who still have like 8 years to give to the super eagles compare to your Ndah

I will research to see if he truly has the featured VILLAGEBUS said he possess if not....
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheGoodJoe(m): 9:04am On Dec 26, 2021
humility33:

Bro that shehu matter don tire me

Dude is from same state with Dikko NFF vice president and NFF permanent secretary so you can get where his backing comes from....

Even if they're to prune the list to 18 shehu and musa will still make the team

We don't know yet. Let them go camping.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheGoodJoe(m): 9:04am On Dec 26, 2021
humility33:

C'mon we are talking of akpo and bassey who still have like 8 years to give to the super eagles compare to your Ndah

I will research to see if he truly has the featured VILLAGEBUS said he possess if not....

More reason why he can stake a claim over a known name.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by humility33(m): 9:05am On Dec 26, 2021
Wait how did Collins made that list
Can't even think on what that dude brings to the super eagles defensively or offensively that made them drop Ebuehi for him
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by humility33(m): 9:05am On Dec 26, 2021
TheGoodJoe:

More reason why he can stake a claim over a known name.

You're just supporting injustice

I expect u to sup port the listing of Collins too over Ebuehi
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheGoodJoe(m): 9:07am On Dec 26, 2021
humility33:

Ndah is not mine. I am just explaining reasons why a coach can choose a player from a low-rated team over players playing in popular clubs.

By the way, you are not sure if Bassey and Akpoguma offer the skillset Eguavoen wants over Ndah. You don't know. Remember Yobo and Omeruo. There was no comparison in status but Keshi preferred Omeruo.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by humility33(m): 9:07am On Dec 26, 2021
TheGoodJoe:

We don't know yet. Let them go camping.

Keep shying from reality you hear

You know this truth but u tend to look away

You know that list is not utterly fair and trust and that there exist some better players that ought to be there but you will praise sing the coaching crew
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheGoodJoe(m): 9:09am On Dec 26, 2021
humility33:

You're just supporting injustice

I expect u to support the listing of Collins too over Ebuehi

I have never hidden my admiration for Ebuehi and I am not supporting injustice in any way. I am just pointing out that tactical preference plays a key role in players choices and as I said, Eguavoen can cause a imbalance in the team if he comes in making complete changes. Give him time to build the team.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by humility33(m): 9:09am On Dec 26, 2021
TheGoodJoe:

Ndah is not mine. I am just explaining reasons why a coach can choose a player from a low-rated team over players playing in popular clubs.

By the way, you are not sure if Bassey and Akpoguma offer the skillset Eguavoen wants over Ndah. You don't know. Remember Yobo and Omeruo. There was no comparison in status but Keshi preferred Omeruo.

Omeruo was younger, athletic and energetic

He was still in his prime then and it was understandable

How players like Akpoguma, bassey, Ebuehi and Dessers were left out baffles me

It does not look just and true

It is a shame that we will keep repeating this all the time
Even Amoo playing better with more stats was dropped and Nwakali with no goal and assist all season was called up instead

2 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by zuchyblink(m): 9:09am On Dec 26, 2021
humility33:

Yeah he is better than a player bossing and playing in German top division league and Glasgow rangers

I just pray the injustice you guys support dont return to hurt u someday

When u support mediocrity and injustice do so with shame
It is a big bias to rate players by the league they play. A lion in the jungle (Ndah) and dog in the city(Akpoguma)

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by 12large1: 9:10am On Dec 26, 2021
TheGoodJoe:

Making drastic changes, especially dropping senior players can cause drastic confusion in the camp and the team. Dropping one can prove easy but dropping three can become catastrophic.

Eguavoen is just starting and he can not make drastic changes few weeks to a major tournament.

Abeg don’t give me that filmsy excuse.. so, because you don’t want to make drastic change, that’s why you should exclude a superior player at a superior league to an inferior league player?? Does that even make any sense?? The moment Nigerian coaches that selecting players on sentimental reasons, is the moment they have concluded that “winning” isn’t a priority.. A team that has winning DNA doesn’t give a damm what you did 5 years ago. All they’re interested in, is what you’re capable of doing today and in the future… by some of you logic here, we can conclude an Arsenal fan vs a Real Madrid fan… The sad thing about these ordeal is that pinnick has bought the press. They don’t ask valuable questions about his team selections….. how many goals has Ahmed musa scored this season 1. Does he deserves to be included in our squad? No
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheGoodJoe(m): 9:10am On Dec 26, 2021
humility33:

Keep shying from reality you hear

You know this truth but u tend to look away

You know that list is not utterly fair and trust and that there exist some better players that ought to be there but you will praise sing the coaching crew

The time is too short to make drastic changes. Team chemistry still plays a part in this kind of situation. The change in team management came too late and so Eguavoen can not make drastic changes immediately. He is already making lots of changes already and I doubt it is advisable to push the team too far.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by PROVERBZ(m): 9:11am On Dec 26, 2021
andrewbaba44:

How can a player displace someone with no chance given to him by the coach

did he not train ??

U people's problem is that u people love half casts. even if they are useless. As long as they are just in the team that's okay with u people. Did u not reason why he was not given any chance ??
If he performed better at training why would he not be given game time ?
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by humility33(m): 9:12am On Dec 26, 2021
TheGoodJoe:

I have never hidden my admiration for Ebuehi and I am not supporting injustice in any way. I am just pointing out that tactical preference plays a key role in players choices and as I said, Eguavoen can cause a imbalance in the team if he comes in making complete changes. Give him time to build the team.

Don't think he knows or have any plans to build the team... a man who wants to build the team will understand that there is no need for Ighalo call ups when we have a player who play differently from all the other forward in Dessers

I pray he get replaced after afcon because world cup list would be worst and I don't expect him to recruit foreign born players into the team like Rohr did even though Rohr conservative attitude rarely let him play them in matches...he harnessed talents for us

1 Like 1 Share

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheGoodJoe(m): 9:12am On Dec 26, 2021
12large1:

Abeg don’t give me that filmsy excuse.. so, because you don’t want to make drastic change, that’s why you should exclude a superior player at a superior league to an inferior league player?? Does that even make any sense?? The moment Nigerian coaches that selecting players on sentimental reasons, is the moment they have concluded that “winning” isn’t a priority.. A team that has winning DNA doesn’t give a damm what you did 5 years ago. All they’re interested in, is what you’re capable of doing today and in the future… by some of you logic here, we can conclude an Arsenal fan vs a Real Madrid fan

Which winning DNA did the Super Eagles have in the last five years not to give a damm about other factors that can affect the team?

As I said, Eguavoen has already made some drastic changes to suit his philosophy. He can not push it too far few weeks to a major tournament.

His appointment came too late. He has to work with what is on ground to have a good tournament.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheGoodJoe(m): 9:14am On Dec 26, 2021
humility33:

Don't think he knows or have any plans to build the team... a man who wants to build the team will understand that there is no need for Ighalo call ups when we have a player who play differently from all the other forward in Dessers

I pray he get replaced after afcon [b]because world cup list would be worst [/b]and I don't expect him to recruit foreign born players into the team like Rohr did even though Rohr conservative attitude rarely let him play them in matches...he harnessed talents for us

You don't know. The world cup list might blow your mind and give you joy. The time is too short for too much drastic changes. You just can't invite a senior player like Ighalo out of retirement and just drop him. You can not just dump the Super Eagles captain. It never worked like that in the history of the Super Eagles.

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by humility33(m): 9:15am On Dec 26, 2021
PROVERBZ:
did he not train ??

U people's problem is that I people live half casts even if they are useless. As long as they are just in the teamnits okay with u people. Did u not reason why he was not given any chance ??
If he performed better at training why would he not be given game time ?

Oga rohr is the most conservative coach I have ever seen

He barely utter his starting line up..You can easily predict it and barely makes tactical subs

Rohr call up this boys but rarely play them... if you were the coach I am sure in one of those dead rubber matches you would have played akpos and Awaziem as a CBs to see what pangs out or try something different with the players

Dude was so stagnant...and barely utter his starting line ups so I won't blame this players...some of them were far better than those playing all the time
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by 12large1: 9:16am On Dec 26, 2021
TheGoodJoe:

Which winning DNA did the Super Eagles have in the last five years not to give a damm about other factors that can affect the team?

As I said, Eguavoen has already made some drastic changes to suit his philosophy. He can not push it too far few weeks to a major tournament.

His appointment came too late. He has to work with what is on ground to have a good tournament.

I am saying that, ‘We don’t have a Winning DNA’ because people like you are Ok with selecting undeserving players simply because of what, they achieved in the past…. A team that has a winning DNA I.e ( Real Madrid) wouldn’t select players because of what they achieved in the past but their current form and future Trajectory.

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheGoodJoe(m): 9:18am On Dec 26, 2021
humility33:

Omeruo was younger, athletic and energetic

He was still in his prime then and it was understandable

How players like Akpoguma, bassey, Ebuehi and Dessers were left out baffles me

It does not look just and true

It is a shame that we will keep repeating this all the time
Even Amoo playing better with more stats was dropped and Nwakali with no goal and assist all season was called up instead

Kelechi Nwakali offers a skillset all the midfielders you want picked ahead of him can not offer Eguavoen. So what do you want Eguavoen to do? Drop his philosophy to accommodate the players you like?

Does Amoo dictate play from deep with diagonal long balls?
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by humility33(m): 9:18am On Dec 26, 2021
12large1:

Abeg don’t give me that filmsy excuse.. so, because you don’t want to make drastic change, that’s why you should exclude a superior player at a superior league to an inferior league player?? Does that even make any sense?? The moment Nigerian coaches that selecting players on sentimental reasons, is the moment they have concluded that “winning” isn’t a priority.. A team that has winning DNA doesn’t give a damm what you did 5 years ago. All they’re interested in, is what you’re capable of doing today and in the future… by some of you logic here, we can conclude an Arsenal fan vs a Real Madrid fan… The sad thing about these ordeal is that pinnick has bought the press. They don’t ask valuable questions about his team selections….. how many goals has Ahmed musa scored this season 1. Does he deserves to be included in our squad? No

This is the reason u see us canvass of foreign coaches because the indigenous coaches are barely ambitious and ready to see beyond the super eagles coaching job... they don't even see themselves managing a European club someday...after their sack they keep sticking around, lobbying to get reemployed again and later sacked and the cycle continues. It is shame

I doubt if not for rohr's effort I doubt we would have this large number of fo reign born players play for us at this time because this indigenous coaches will rather want the players to come see them instead of meeting up with the players

I am just not too happy over that list at all

2 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by humility33(m): 9:20am On Dec 26, 2021
TheGoodJoe:

Kelechi Nwakali offers a skillset all the midfielders you want picked ahead of him can not offer Eguavoen. So what do you want Eguavoen to do? Drop his philosophy to accommodate the players you like?

Does Amoo dictate play from deep with diagonal long balls?
The way u talk on this Equeavon philosophy leaves me laugh

Let's get to see his philosophy soon... God keep us til next year.
How an offensive player with no goal and assist in a full season in Segundo B fit into His philosophy baffles me grin

I am sure you would have said same with Keshi 2014 world cup list
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by 12large1: 9:20am On Dec 26, 2021
TheGoodJoe:

Please stop deceiving and lying to yourself.. eguavoen 28 man selection was solely based on the 40 man List that Rohr submitted and on that list, the likes of ebuehi, Akpoguma, lookman, dessers we’re apparently on those list.. on current form, do Musa (1 goal all season) deserve to be selected ahead of Dessers?? Or do shehu at a Backwater league deserve to be selected ahead of Serie A and a Bundesliga defender like Ebuehi or Akpoguma Eguavoen had continued from where stopped and im unsure if this is his or NFF team selection
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Utonwanne(m): 9:20am On Dec 26, 2021
One thing is for sure;

We are not going beyond Semi-Final.

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheGoodJoe(m): 9:20am On Dec 26, 2021
12large1:

I am saying that, ‘We don’t have a Winning DNA’ because people like you are Ok with selecting undeserving players simply because of what, they achieved in the past…. A team that has a winning DNA I.e ( Real Madrid) wouldn’t select players because of what they achieved in the past but their current form and future Trajectory.

If you are true to yourself, you will know this is not the time to make drastic changes. Let us hope the coach does well, keeps his job, then he can have a chance to build his team with players he feels are more deserving.

Preparations have been poor. Eguavoen just got his appointment and must work with the synergy he has on the ground. There is no magic. After the tournament, he can hold a camping session and screen his team for the world cup. Then have friendly games to groom understanding between them before the world cup.

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by BascoVanVeli(m): 9:21am On Dec 26, 2021
humility33:

We love him here in uyo. Probably will be among the most technical defenders in camp. He was a joy to watch.

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheGoodJoe(m): 9:21am On Dec 26, 2021
Utonwanne:
One thing is for sure;

We are not going beyond Semi-Final.

One thing is for sure, you are not God and cannot see tomorrow. That is just your wish and hope.

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheGoodJoe(m): 9:23am On Dec 26, 2021
humility33:

The way u talk on this Equeavon philosophy leaves me laugh

Let's get to see his philosophy soon... God keep us til next year.
I am sure you would have said same with Keshi 2014 world cup list

God and watch Eguavoen's video and understand his mentality.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by 12large1: 9:23am On Dec 26, 2021
humility33:

This is the reason u see us canvass of foreign coaches because the indigenous coaches are barely ambitious and ready to see beyond the super eagles coaching job... they don't even see themselves managing a European club someday...after their sack they keep sticking around, lobbying to get reemployed again and later sacked and the cycle continues. It is shame

I doubt if not for rohr's effort I doubt we would have this large number of fo reign born players play for us at this time because this indigenous coaches will rather want the players to come see them instead of meeting up with the players

Rohr was also a chief architect of Dubious, undeserving selection so I’m unsure if it’s an “indigenous” or Foreign coach issue.. Or an Instruction from above.. I won’t even be surprised if NFF were intentionally prolonging Ejaria and ademola lookman switch simply to protect some of their boys..

3 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by humility33(m): 9:24am On Dec 26, 2021
BascoVanVeli:

We love him here in uyo. Probably will be among the most technical defenders in camp. He was a joy to watch.

Bros even if we can make case for Ndah how about Collins,shehu inclusion in that list ahead of Ebuehi and Akpo

I just hate it when Equeavon is repeating same thing rohr was doing
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheGoodJoe(m): 9:25am On Dec 26, 2021
humility33:

Tell me how many black European born coaches can manage top clubs. It is not ambition. Blacks lack opportunities for football in Europe. That is why the likes of us are supporting Viera to change the narrative. So if Black Europeans find it difficult, how do you think Nigerians can just claim jobs in Europe.

How many blacks do you see in VAR rooms in the EPL? Let alone coaching.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by humility33(m): 9:26am On Dec 26, 2021
TheGoodJoe:

God and watch Eguavoen's video and understand his mentality.
I will rather watch how his team play

The sojourn he went in Slovenia/Slovakia lately
How was it
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheGoodJoe(m): 9:27am On Dec 26, 2021
humility33:

That is why Rohr asked for Ighalo to come back from retirement when we had Dessers. That is why Rohr kept calling Musa even when he did not have a club. That is why Rohr kept Shehu in the team despite Ebuehi doing well. Na wa for this Indigenous Local coach called Rohr.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (11942) (11943) (11944) (11945) (11946) (11947) (11948) ... (16231) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: Odogwujayy, realpoacher(m), ThanosKilla(m), Odunayaw(m) and 2 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 63
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.