Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,845 members, 7,813,856 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 07:54 PM

"The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup - Sports (12098) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup (11633075 Views)

Cameroon's Douala Stadium Artificial Grassfield For AFCON 2019 Stolen / Super Eagles Arrive In Uyo, Train Ahead Of Their AFCON 2019 Qualifier (Pictures) / AFCON 2019: Nigeria To Battle South Africa For A Place (Full Draws) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (12095) (12096) (12097) (12098) (12099) (12100) (12101) ... (16138) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by andrewbaba44: 9:20am On Jan 07, 2022
TheGoodJoe:
Please, let us ease on Ighalo. The guy just wanted to serve his country. I do not think he planned to cause the team any problem. We can criticize Ighalo on a number of things, but we cannot criticize his commitment to the success of the team.

He is naturally a good guy and would not cause Nigerians pains. Even Eguavoen said he is protecting Ighalo from going into a battle with the club. That will tell you his commitment.

Please, guys, Ighalo is still our main man.

So many monikers here use to criticize ighalo so this is their opportunity Once again

I won’t take them serious ,will only take few that don’t usually criticize ighalo serious

4 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by humility33(m): 9:32am On Jan 07, 2022
Barryseal:

That's a damning verdict on Eguavoen. It means he hasn't been doing his job. As TD he should keep a dossier on all Nigerian players in Europe top leagues at least.
I laugh when people praise Eguavoen's tactical acumen. This guy was a resounding failure the last time he was with the super Eagles. He was hounded out from the national team with all kinds of bad press.

The man keeps talking about luck everytime. That tells he has an already made excuse should he fail. I have never heard a top manager talking about needing luck in interviews, klopp? Tuchel? Flick? Pep? The man is clueless.

We now have round of 16 in the nation's cup then quarter finals, no way he navigates through and get to the semi finals. Eguavoen doesn't have the capacity, who wan bet?

You've said it all
Bless u

2 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Subzero047: 9:38am On Jan 07, 2022
Meliforme:

Try well to understand what a person is saying before running into conclusions.
The Youtube videos are just an extra to the observations made of him to make sure that i am not missing vital moments.

Where did you make observations of him, you watched him at his club to know he gets lost in games and his impact is hard to figure out, give me his club matches you watched to arrive to that conclusion maybe I can see where you are coming from
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by safarigirl(f): 9:52am On Jan 07, 2022
TheGoodJoe:
Please, let us ease on Ighalo. The guy just wanted to serve his country. I do not think he planned to cause the team any problem. We can criticize Ighalo on a number of things, but we cannot criticize his commitment to the success of the team.

He is naturally a good guy and would not cause Nigerians pains. Even Eguavoen said he is protecting Ighalo from going into a battle with the club. That will tell you his commitment.

That's cute.

The best way to serve his country, was to step aside, not to return to the team.

Sometimes, you really need to bow out when the ovation is loudest and keep it moving.

I remember when he announced his retirement, and I was one of those commending him for it, because I know how easily Nigerians can turn on a player and I thought it was best he keep it moving rather than incur our wrath unwittingly when he put up a poor performance.

But man said no, let me come back and see if I can turn that good faith around and get these people to really hate my guts.

He was not even wanted in the original list. He and Musa were two players whose inclusions were heavily criticised, and then this?

Honestly, you must not always serve your country on the pitch. Sometimes, take a glorious bow and tell NFF, "Thank you for the opportunity, but I'm sure there are others that can do just as well for the country."

One must not always be a typical Nigerian, unwilling to let go of opportunities. Mikel wey jejely drop boot say he no dey do again, did he die? And he was an even more vital player o

8 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by do4luv14(m): 9:53am On Jan 07, 2022
TheGoodJoe:

from Afcon18 to worldcup18, he had been insulted, even receive threats,

Even without some of us finding out the true intentions of things, he had been insulted left right, and center here,

SMH

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheGoodJoe(m): 10:02am On Jan 07, 2022
safarigirl:

That's cute.

The best way to serve his country, was to step aside, not to return to the team.

Sometimes, you really need to bow out when the ovation is loudest and keep it moving.

I remember when he announced his retirement, and I was one of those commending him for it, because I know how easily Nigerians can turn on a player and I thought it was best he keep it moving rather than incur our wrath unwittingly when he put up a poor performance.

But man said no, let me come back and see if I can turn that good faith around and get these people to really hate my guts.

He was not even wanted in the original list. He and Musa were two players whose inclusions were heavily criticised, and then this?

Honestly, you must not always serve your country on the pitch. Sometimes, take a glorious bow and tell NFF, "Thank you for the opportunity, but I'm sure there are others that can do just as well for the country."

One must not always be a typical Nigerian, unwilling to let go of opportunities. Mikel wey jejely drop boot say he no dey do again, did he die? And he was an even more vital player o

Remember Rohr and Pinnick were the ones pushing and asking him to come back. Maybe he would have said no but I do not think we should hammer him too much for accepting the call.

It is like a foreign-born rejecting the request to represent the country. I doubt if Eguavoen reached out to Mikel to join the team, Mikel will turn down the request.

It is a call to serve the country.

The blame should go to those who pulled him out of retirement. Not Ighalo accepting the call for his assistance.

People have the right to feel angry with the situation but let us ease on the guy. He is a devoted servant.

4 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by safarigirl(f): 10:07am On Jan 07, 2022
Barryseal:

That's a damning verdict on Eguavoen. It means he hasn't been doing his job. As TD he should keep a dossier on all Nigerian players in Europe top leagues at least.
I laugh when people praise Eguavoen's tactical acumen. This guy was a resounding failure the last time he was with the super Eagles. He was hounded out from the national team with all kinds of bad press.

The man keeps talking about luck everytime. That tells he has an already made excuse should he fail. I have never heard a top manager talking about needing luck in interviews, klopp? Tuchel? Flick? Pep? The man is clueless.

We now have round of 16 in the nation's cup then quarter finals, no way he navigates through and get to the semi finals. Eguavoen doesn't have the capacity, who wan bet?

We honestly don't care

Anybody wey no know say na luck dey carry us go this AFCON just dey live for lala land, because even the team na cut and join.

If luck is on his side, fine, if not, Jose Pepperoni gets to start his World Cup qualification work early.

Eguaveon is not a top coach, has never been and will never be, so, I no know wetin bring the comparison to Pep and Klopp. Nothing concern akamu and bran.

He will not be the first coach to admit that he has not seen a top player play. If he is fine with what he currently has, no wahala. France did not take Benzema to the World Cup and they won it with a Giroud that most of you would admit is not as good as Benzema. Did heaven fall?

Abeg, manage your expectations going into AFCON. Our coach is not Pep, we don't have Mbappe on the wings or CR7 up top, TAA is not our RB, Modric is not manning the midfield and Mendy is not our goalie.

Anything wey we see starting from next week, walahi, na God do am for us, because as I dey so, I no know as ball go be. Even the players no know as e go be

17 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Barryseal: 10:12am On Jan 07, 2022
safarigirl:

We honestly don't care

Anybody wey no know say na luck dey carry us go this AFCON just dey live for lala land, because even the team na cut and join.

If luck is on his side, fine, if not, Jose Pepperoni gets to start his World Cup qualification work early.

Eguaveon is not a top coach, has never been and will never be, so, I no know wetin bring the comparison to Pep and Klopp. Nothing concern akamu and bran.

He will not be the first coach to admit that he has not seen a top player play. If he is fine with what he currently has, no wahala. France did not take Benzema to the World Cup and they won it with a Giroud that most of you would admit is not as good as Benzema. Did heaven fall?

Abeg, manage your expectations going into AFCON. Our coach is not Pep, we don't have Mbappe on the wings or CR7 up top, TAA is not our RB, Modric is not manning the midfield and Mendy is not our goalie.

Anything wey we see starting from next week, walahi, na God do am for us, because as I dey so, I no know as ball go be. Even the players no know as e go be
I didn't ask him to be Pep or Klopp. His comments about needing luck at different interviews tells of an incompetent guy who doesn't trust his body of work to see him through.
Can you imagine an Emenalo as TD saying he hasn't seen a Chelsea loan player in Eredivisie play? It's just that the Nigerian journalists he was speaking to aren't smart people, if he was speaking to a smart journalist he would have seriously left the interview with eggs on his face.

3 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by safarigirl(f): 10:17am On Jan 07, 2022
do4luv14:

from Afcon18 to worldcup18, he had been insulted, even receive threats,

Even without some of us finding out the true intentions of things, he had been insulted left right, and center here,

SMH

And that is how he will continue to receive insults and threats, since he decided he will not stay one place.

His name is not Lionel Messi, he cannot decide to retire and unretire anyhow, especially when there are others who would have appreciated this opportunity and used it so much more.

Una dey pity Ighalo wey don go all the tournaments finish, what of the players behind him that could have done so much more with this opportunity but did not get it?

This is akin to all those old men in civil service that refuse to retire, meanwhile younger people are waiting for jobs. We are already carrying Musa, what was the need for Ighalo? They should have tossed a coin on which one of them would go for this tournament.

7 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by safarigirl(f): 10:19am On Jan 07, 2022
Barryseal:

I didn't ask him to be Pep or Klopp. His comments about needing luck at different interviews tells of an incompetent guy who doesn't trust his body of work to see him through.
Can you imagine an Emenalo as TD saying he hasn't seen a Chelsea loan player in Eredivisie play? It's just that the Nigerian journalists he was speaking to aren't smart people, if he was speaking to a smart journalist he would have seriously left the interview with eggs on his face.

Which Emenalo?

Will he give NFF face?

Me I like being realistic with my expectations of coaches under Pinnick's NFF. I do not expect certain people to work with Pinnick, make he no come stain their white.

Try dey reason in terms of people that don't really have reputation to protect.

3 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by samtol4(m): 10:30am On Jan 07, 2022
andrewbaba44:

I was thinking naija should have gone with 3 and add a midfielder with the last GK spot ,but that shouldn’t be a problem ,many afcon coaches went with 4GKs so please don’t use that to criticize eguavoen

Or maybe you will tell me those coaches aren’t sane
Due to the covid 19 many teams listed 4 goalkeepers. Take for instance if you listed only 3 and two tested positive and the last one got a red card in a match , how will the team survive?

2 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by do4luv14(m): 10:34am On Jan 07, 2022
safarigirl:

And that is how he will continue to receive insults and threats, since he decided he will not stay one place.

His name is not Lionel Messi, he cannot decide to retire and unretire anyhow, especially when there are others who would have appreciated this opportunity and used it so much more.

Una dey pity Ighalo wey don go all the tournaments finish, what of the players behind him that could have done so much more with this opportunity but did not get it?

This is akin to all those old men in civil service that refuse to retire, meanwhile younger people are waiting for jobs. We are already carrying Musa, what was the need for Ighalo? They should have tossed a coin on which one of them would go for this tournament.

He had only went to one Afton, and World Cup, correct me if am wrong,

all same, I blame Eohr for still insisting on him, If Rohr would had reached decision, and let him be, we won't be here talking about him,

it is well,
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by humility33(m): 10:37am On Jan 07, 2022
safarigirl:

I like the way you dey serve am not hot
You're very blunt and not economical with the truth

Ighalo dont want to respect himself

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by do4luv14(m): 10:38am On Jan 07, 2022
This Afcon might be cancelled if care is not taken, Covid and Amazonian are both threatening it,

just this Morning there was a bomb blast in Lima, abi it's limba where Tunisia and group F will be playing
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Stormtrooper11(m): 10:39am On Jan 07, 2022
Inspiring or average

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by andrewbaba44: 10:39am On Jan 07, 2022
samtol4:
Due to the covid 19 many teams listed 4 goalkeepers. Take for instance if you listed only 3 and two tested positive and the last one got a red card in a match , how will the team survive?

Gbam

Well said bro

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by samtol4(m): 10:40am On Jan 07, 2022
TheGoodJoe:

Without disrespect to Ighalo. He has done his part well and time to leave the scene for clinical strikers like Osihmen & Dennis or Dessers. Ighalo is not our main man again sir. He retired and we should respect his retirement. Rohr recalled him against Cape Verde and we saw his performance.

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by humility33(m): 10:40am On Jan 07, 2022
do4luv14:

He had only went to one Afton, and World Cup, correct me if am wrong,

all same, I blame Eohr for still insisting on him, If Rohr would had reached decision, and let him be, we won't be here talking about him,

it is well,

Was he forced? He should have simply declined like V.Moses
Who does not know Rohr as a confused and fearful man? Not willing to take risks

Read V. Moses response it shows more of an unselfish player insisting that upcoming young folks should be given the chance and more so we have more upcoming CFs than anywhere else on the pitch. Like Safagirl said...Ighalo was simply selfish and probably wanted use the super eagles features push for a move to western Europe

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Stormtrooper11(m): 10:41am On Jan 07, 2022
do4luv14:
This Afcon might be cancelled if care is not taken, Covid and Amazonian are both threatening it,

just this Morning there was a bomb blast in Lima, abi it's limba where Tunisia and group F will be playing
The blast happened yesterday. No panic. It was a minor IED blast. Situation under control

2 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by humility33(m): 10:42am On Jan 07, 2022
do4luv14:

So pathetic
What do u expect from a country where the president have been in power since 1975 and despite he is sickening and senile now he still keep rigging and intimidating opponents when it is time for election and wicked France does not care as long as their economic interests is served.

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by do4luv14(m): 10:45am On Jan 07, 2022
humility33:

I like the way you dey serve am not hot
You're very blunt and not economical with the truth

Ighalo dont want to respect himself

Humble dey chillax ooo, nah club cause this One, as at Dec 24-forward, he was in naija, heck even in his hood in AJ, if not for club issues, he would had be the first in camp,

BTW let's chill on it, it's ok

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by samtol4(m): 10:47am On Jan 07, 2022
andrewbaba44:

So many monikers here use to criticize ighalo so this is their opportunity Once again

I won’t take them serious ,will only take few that don’t usually criticize ighalo serious
Sir constructive criticism is not a bad thing when it comes to the game of soccer . It only becomes harmful when there is hatred attached to such criticism. Ighalo has done very well for Nigeria , but at the moment we have clinical strikers that can do better than him .
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by do4luv14(m): 10:49am On Jan 07, 2022
humility33:

Read V. Moses response it shows more of an unselfish player insisting that upcoming young folks should be given the chance and more so we have more upcoming CFs than anywhere else on the pitch. Like Safagirl said...Ighalo was simply selfish and probably wanted use the super eagles features push for a move to western Europe

OK sir humble, it is well, let's look forward to a beautiful outing with the surprise our strikeforce will bring on board, be virtually unknown
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by andrewbaba44: 10:49am On Jan 07, 2022
humility33:

Ighalo no use super eagles join Man U ,ighalo no use super eagles get Newcastle offer ,but Na super eagles he wan use push to move to same Western Europe grin

3 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by samtol4(m): 10:51am On Jan 07, 2022
Barryseal:

We now have round of 16 in the nation's cup then quarter finals, no way he navigates through and get to the semi finals on luck. Eguavoen doesn't have the capacity, who wan bet?
Many Nigerians know that Eguavoen is not tactical sound,but he is a discipline coach. but I am happy the conservative Rohr who almost ruined Nigerian pattern of play was sacked. The conservative styles killed the players confidence.

4 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by do4luv14(m): 10:51am On Jan 07, 2022
Stormtrooper11:

The blast happened yesterday. No panic. It was a minor IED blast. Situation under control

Minor you say, how was it planted, how come it still explode. If they can plant and detonate a minor bomb, are you saying they can't planes major one
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by andrewbaba44: 10:52am On Jan 07, 2022
samtol4:
Sir constructive criticism is not a bad thing when it comes to the game of soccer . It only becomes harmful when there is hatred attached to such criticism. Ighalo has done very well for Nigeria , but at the moment we have clinical strikers that can do better than him .

Safari Dey criticize ighalo from a neutral side ,she hardly criticize any player here unlike others ,and that’s her opinion .

As for some monikers ,I reserve my comment grin

And yes criticism is not a bad thing at all .

6 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by do4luv14(m): 10:53am On Jan 07, 2022
humility33:

So pathetic
What do u expect from a country where the president have been in power since 1975 and despite he is sickening and senile now he still keep rigging and intimidating opponents when it is time for election and wicked France does not care as long as their economic interests is served.

That's Why the English speaking wanted out,
if I remember clearly the Bakassi part of Cameroon, does not wanted to join Cameroon, even during the hand over
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by do4luv14(m): 10:56am On Jan 07, 2022
andrewbaba44:

Ighalo no use super eagles join Man U ,ighalo no use super eagles get Newcastle offer ,but Na super eagles he wan use push to move to same Western Europe grin

You don see am now, the peson wet coin day word " Fear Woman " supposed to include " Fear Naija fans " join am

2 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by do4luv14(m): 10:59am On Jan 07, 2022
TheGoodJoe:

Remember Rohr and Pinnick were the ones pushing and asking him to come back. Maybe he would have said no but I do not think we should hammer him too much for accepting the call.

It is like a foreign-born rejecting the request to represent the country. I doubt if Eguavoen reached out to Mikel to join the team, Mikel will turn down the request.

It is a call to serve the country.

The blame should go to those who pulled him out of retirement. Not Ighalo accepting the call for his assistance.

People have the right to feel angry with the situation but let us ease on the guy. He is a devoted servant.

Thank you our blue fonter, abeg which beer you dey sama, make ah Send the metalman bring am come

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by jihday(m): 11:17am On Jan 07, 2022
Barryseal:

Emenalo won’t see all Chelsea players on loan, they have a loan manager or so. The eagles under Rohr had a team scout, his job was to watch and monitor all potential SE players so I’m not sure it’s the job of the TD to watch every potential players
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by samtol4(m): 11:18am On Jan 07, 2022
Joseph Oluwaseyi replaces Ighalo. Abeg who be Joseph Oluwaseyi? Edited Aribo is Joseph Oluwseyi. Ighalo not replaced

(1) (2) (3) ... (12095) (12096) (12097) (12098) (12099) (12100) (12101) ... (16138) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: opes, Puntingnoob, Yachambliss(m), Joezinho, 123jamessmith and 10 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 87
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.