Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,901 members, 7,817,672 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 04:54 PM

"The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup - Sports (12118) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup (11668741 Views)

Cameroon's Douala Stadium Artificial Grassfield For AFCON 2019 Stolen / Super Eagles Arrive In Uyo, Train Ahead Of Their AFCON 2019 Qualifier (Pictures) / AFCON 2019: Nigeria To Battle South Africa For A Place (Full Draws) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (12115) (12116) (12117) (12118) (12119) (12120) (12121) ... (16151) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by PurpleHouse(m): 12:04pm On Jan 09, 2022
andrewbaba44:

Osimhen have no choice than to corporate

Nobody should blame Dennis as I said earlier ,and nobody should also blame osimhen for doing so .

Why shouldn't we blame them

So who should we blame?

Because my boss pays my bills, he'll now tell me to snub my family and stay in the office for one week without seeing my family or doing my responsibilities, when I know you won't allow any other person try such with your own family?

Naaah.

Can a German/USA/Russian club hold back an Italian player from playing for their country? O'Boy 3rd world war go start be that.

2 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by seankafor(m): 12:06pm On Jan 09, 2022
JohnBullMySon:
The COVID shit was fake. Whether they threatened or bribed him, I'm sure he cooperated.

[b]Do you know that Pinnick wanted to push further with the COVID saga but Osimhen told him not to worry [/b]that other strikers should be given a chance to shine and that he won't play well. How can someone who seriously wanted to be at AFCON turn back to say such a thing?

Secondly, the day he was supposed to have his second scan to clear him for AFCON was the day the "COVID" was announced. He did not take the scan again. If that is not cooperation then cooperation has a different meaning. I don't really him though. He has tried.
if pinick wanted to take drastic steps, why didn't he push for ighalo and Denis?

I don't doubt you but the highlighted is a fallacy because pinnick is just an international asslicker.. he sucks the balls of the western FIFA top men, maybe to get a meagre position or to cover his corrupt lead..

4 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Tessyy1701: 12:08pm On Jan 09, 2022
johnchima007:
Dem no dey telli person. Majority of failed marriages today showed red flags during courtship but many turned blind eyes to it. When the trouble go start for marriage na body go tell you. I'm very sure you won't forgive yourself especially when you remember that you saw the red flags and had the opportunity to avoid it. I'm not a proponent of clan/community stereotyping, but Arondizuogu, Ohafia, Abiriba, Arochukwu in the Igbo land have some spiritual configuration that only them and their people understands best. It is usually dangerous for outsiders (Non indigene) to venture to those places without due diligent investigation. Make God no let person go carry him head go magnet more problems in the name of marriage. Finally before you marry as a man, please it is not enough to know the girl alone, you must also understand her friends, and family view/mentality on issues before considering the marriage. Just like in football, her family and friends are the Technical directors/coaches through which the tactics she will be dishing out in marriage will come from.

On this note, I welcome everyone to this year's Afcon.. I can't wait for kick off. Abeg if you know of any medium through which I can stream live Afcon matches online, biko share..

At the bolded, Hesgoal.com is the answer
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by seankafor(m): 12:09pm On Jan 09, 2022
PurpleHouse:

So who should we blame?

Because my boss pays my bills, hellynow tell me to snub my family and stay in the office for one week without seeing my family or doing my responsibilities, when I know you won't allow any other person try such with your own family?

Naaah.

Can a German/USA/Russian club hold back an Italian player from playing for their country? O'Boy 3rd world war go start be that.
you dey go far brother
Do you know that it's only Nigeria that clubs toyed with, sarr flew down to join Senegal after they wanted to try the rubbish, with same covid and injury ish, gunei abi Senegal demanded to have him and test him themselves

Which other African country the club witheld her player?

Haller was asked if he could snub afcon/civ and stay with ajax
Remind me of his reply again

This has to do with the uselessness of the NFf board

3 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by seankafor(m): 12:13pm On Jan 09, 2022
Imagine our 3 strikers, clubs took us for a ride..

Not only that, we let it slide like some pvssy or something..

Pinnick is a woman wrapper angry

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Danielnino00(m): 12:14pm On Jan 09, 2022
seankafor:
you dey go far brother
Do you know that it's only Nigeria that clubs toyed with, sarr flew down to join Senegal after they wanted to try the rubbish, with same covid and injury ish, gunei abi Senegal demanded to have him and test him themselves

Don't be surprised if the NFF got paid for this..

It was reported that Pinnick was at the forefront to push for the cancellation of he tournament..
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Meliforme: 12:16pm On Jan 09, 2022
Papi85:
aside the signs I hv been seeing both spiritually and physically many told me that pple from the girls place don’t stay in their husbands house, they are promiscuous, strong hearted and fetish

That it is very difficult to bend their women and for peace to reign that the man hv to take a back sit as a weakling while the woman attains the role of the head

Baba me na lion and a very stubborn person so I rather remain single than give up my pride and position as a man

Even this mentioned behaviors I must confess I do notice it in her most especially the issue of been hardened/strong hearted

She is very stubborn as well and a type that when offended she finds it difficult to forgive unless I involve my sister or friend or even her elder sis and bro. It’s takes 2-3 days to appease her when ever I wrong her with constant begging

Also the word ‘sorry’ is not in her dictionary

You should have said this earlier.
This is the one of the major reasons why the marriage should not hold.

Seems like the two of you cannot become one, if she finds your infractions unbearable even to the extent where external persons have to come in to appease her. The two of you have not started living together and it is like this.

Again the decision to see men of God somehow shows you have a kind of doubt about her. I may be wrong about this, but marriage should not be entered with a double mind, there should be peace and conviction.

6 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by bazooka1: 12:18pm On Jan 09, 2022
JohnBullMySon:
Maduka is good. Una no jus like am.
I have watched football long enough to know a good goalkeeper when I see one. The boy haven't made any outstanding save in the national team while he conceeds cheap goals against Sierra Leone and Liberian home based players.
Maduka will be terribly exposed when he moves to Watford. He should have rejected that move if he had sense.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Papi85: 12:20pm On Jan 09, 2022
Meliforme:

You should have said this earlier.
This is the one of the major reasons why the marriage should not hold.

Seems like the two of you cannot become one, if she finds your infractions unbearable even to the extent where external persons have to come in to appease her. The two of you have not started living together and it is like this.

Again the decision to see men of God somehow shows you have a kind of doubt about her. I may be wrong about this, but marriage should not be entered with a double mind, there should be peace and conviction.
yes boss my doubts prompted me to seek for spiritual help and answers

Thanks for your advise

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by andrewbaba44: 12:20pm On Jan 09, 2022
seankafor:
I can bet my left ribs oshimen must have fought to be us but you know sometimes the power that be might be more powerful..

Las las na Naples dey fund him wages, him gats to use his brain
But I bet oshimen fought like a wounded lion..

It's the NFf and pinick I don't understand their lifestyle..

During last world cup qualifiers against SA that Musa goal was ruled out, instead of rohr and pinnick to fight for it, they waved it.. maybe because we had qualified..
I watched SAFA tussle it out with Ghana FA 2 times Ghana used ojoro and got better of them, 1 they won after replay and reffere suspended.. 2nd which was the recent, they fought with their last blood with the help of the CAF president who's a southie, thoor they lost that one but it was a good fight..

I've not seen any club disrespect any of nothern African teams.. imagine clubs witholding Egypt or Morocco players? That can never happen.

I don't know why people at the helm of affairs of Nigerian football becomes toothless when it's external transgression or matters that affects us.. but these crooks will use the tax payers resources and all within their arsenal to fight internal oppositions..
They will siphon funds and chop until they belleful, but do simple things that you re capable of, they won't do..
I am so ashamed of these people

Well said bro

People wey Dey insult Dennis make una go insult osimhen also ooo grin

2 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by seankafor(m): 12:20pm On Jan 09, 2022
Danielnino00:

It was reported that Pinnick was at the forefront to push for the cancellation of he tournament..

e no go shock me if pinnick sold this for some porridge..
Dude is a fvckin simp sad

2 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by mostob(m): 12:21pm On Jan 09, 2022
Papi85:
currently we re having issues and I want to hold onto that to step

This issue started 2 days ago and after much pleading she refused even after I involved my cousin that I went to her place with all to no avail

Immediately I stepped foot at her place on the 28 of last month to familiarize myself with her family and make my intentions known it’s not up to a week this issues start erupting with manu hidden messages surfacing

Yesterday she chatted me trying to see if I will still try to beg her because she is surprised that since she left I didn’t bother calling her unlike me, I opened up to her that we re not compatible and that we should take time out to seek for the face of God to know if we are on the right path

That if we are meant to be a couple that nature will bring us back but I will advise we search ourselves by prayers before we continue with the plans we hv

I didn’t open up to her about my people’s opinion and the prophesies I hv been getting of late

But since we started dating anytime I see those bad and scary signs in my dream I do tel her always
Good...very good. Everything is working for you already. Just cut her off like that.
Very soon, one nwanyi oma go soon knock your door... grin

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Papi85: 12:24pm On Jan 09, 2022
mostob:
Good...very good. Everything is working for you already. Just cut her off like that.
amen

Do you know the funnest thing? Because of this girl I turned down proposals from 2 ladies last year. The contact came through my sister and the husband. One of the girls is in Texas studying nursing abt graduating while the other is an anambra girl based in UK who works in the health sector also

I turned this ladies down stating I hv someone already whom I hv made up my mind to settle down with

3 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Papi85: 12:26pm On Jan 09, 2022
mostob:
I swear bros. This is signs that God truly loves me and wants the best for me

Not all can be redeemed the way the god I serve swooped in to action to stop this

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by andrewbaba44: 12:31pm On Jan 09, 2022
Una don critisize Dennis finish ,oya transfer am to una star boy osimhen, oh I forgot star boy can do no wrong in the eyes of some of you grin

most of una hypocrisy no be here

The way I take defend Dennis Na the same way I go take defend victor ,None of this guys where at fault and osimhen no get any Covid ,he just have to comply with what Napoli wants and I won’t blame him for this at all

Know this and know peace .

10 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Meliforme: 12:31pm On Jan 09, 2022
Papi85:
yes boss my doubts prompted me to seek for spiritual help and answers

Thanks for your advise

You are welcome.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by andrewbaba44: 12:32pm On Jan 09, 2022
COOL10:
I wonder what those who have constantly criticized Dennis over the past few days would have to say about Osimhen's covid case.

cheesy cheesy cheesy

I somehow waited for this day

The jobless people fighting on watford social media pages should transfer to Napoli grin

3 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by andrewbaba44: 12:34pm On Jan 09, 2022
PurpleHouse:

So who should we blame?

Because my boss pays my bills, hellynow tell me to snub my family and stay in the office for one week without seeing my family or doing my responsibilities, when I know you won't allow any other person try such with your own family?

Naaah.

Blame your NFF

Same Napoli wey koulibally go afcon and same watford wey release sarr for afcon grin

4 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by SerVik(m): 12:39pm On Jan 09, 2022
I don't understand the thought process here, was osimhen never supposed to recover from COVID? How does the recovery prove foul play?

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by andrewbaba44: 12:40pm On Jan 09, 2022
PurpleHouse:

So who should we blame?

Because my boss pays my bills, he'll now tell me to snub my family and stay in the office for one week without seeing my family or doing my responsibilities, when I know you won't allow any other person try such with your own family?

Naaah.

For your last part

Germany USA Russian clubs cannot hold an Italian player because person wey Dey charge of Italian FA get sense ,can same be said of our nff grin

2 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by PurpleHouse(m): 12:41pm On Jan 09, 2022
bazooka1:

I have watched football long enough to know a good goalkeeper when I see one. The boy haven't made any outstanding save in the national team while he conceeds cheap goals against Sierra Leone and Liberian home based players.
Maduka will be terribly exposed when he moves to Watford. He should have rejected that move if he had sense.

Well I don't agree he should have rejected the move, he needs the challenge to make him better, rather than shining in a local league as a local championhe will now see fire for fire and seat up.

Uzoho is our best keeper. Na Agu and Rohr dey decieve themselves. A player like Uzoho with world cup and nations cup "classic" experience, you begin bench am for a neebie. Is there sense there?

2 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Subzero047: 12:41pm On Jan 09, 2022
Afcon starts today, let's go the Eagles!!!

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by COOL10(m): 12:43pm On Jan 09, 2022
andrewbaba44:

cheesy cheesy cheesy

I somehow waited for this day

The jobless people fighting on watford social media pages should transfer to Napoli grin

grin grin grin
No be small thing
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by FIFApresident1(m): 12:43pm On Jan 09, 2022
This might not be the first time Afcon would be happening in January, but we can all confirm that this year's edition has attracted lots of controversies.

I personally think European teams will start avoiding African players in the next transfer windows and beyond, look at how big clubs are missing their important players when they needed them most, at the time the tittle race is becoming hotter.

The relegation threatened Metz are without Six important players, Liverpool are without 3 key players, Ditto with leicester, Crystal Palace, Arsenal.

In Spain, where they don't like African players, Villarreal, Sevilla, Mallorca would be loosing key players.

This might be the major reason why Pep Guardiola is not a fan of African born players, the pep side would be without Riyad Mahrez, his absence would not make any difference sha not because he's not important but because there are couples of players available to fill his void.
I wouldn't be surprised if coaches started following Pep's philosophy.

2 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by PurpleHouse(m): 12:43pm On Jan 09, 2022
SerVik:
I don't understand the thought process here, was osimhen never supposed to recover from COVID? How does the recovery prove foul play?

If you nor knack your girl at a particular time, and she come meet you say she carry belle at that particular time, is that not ojoro?

Timing bro. Timing. Thats the big deal here.

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by andrewbaba44: 12:44pm On Jan 09, 2022
seankafor:
you dey go far brother

Bless you my bro

Well said ,perfectly
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by JohnBullMySon: 12:44pm On Jan 09, 2022
bazooka1:

Which of the goals conceded against Sierra Leone was due to sloppiness? Ter Stegen conceded eight against Bayern, does it make him a poor keeper?

You should know that good keepers are not judged by conceded goals but by quality of saves. He made good saves against Tunisia, against Cape Verde and against CAR. He might not be an outstanding keeper yet, but here we judge him too brutally and yet make excuses for Uzoho. Pound for pound he is clearly better than Uzoho.

6 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by JohnBullMySon: 12:47pm On Jan 09, 2022
FIFApresident1:
This might not be the first time Afcon would be happening in January, but we can all confirm that this year's edition has attracted lots of controversies.

I personally think European teams will start avoiding African players in the next transfer windows and beyond, look at how big clubs are missing their important players when they needed them most, at the time the tittle race is becoming hotter.

The relegation threatened Metz are without Six important players, Liverpool are without 3 key players, Ditto with leicester, Crystal Palace, Arsenal.

In Spain, where they don't like African players, Villarreal, Sevilla, Mallorca would be loosing key players.

This might be the major reason why Pep Guardiola is not a fan of African born players, the pep side would be without Riyad Mahrez, his absence would not make any difference sha not because he's not important but because there are couples of players available to fill his void.
I wouldn't be surprised if coaches started following Pep's philosophy.
So you think a club will avoid a good player and leave him for another club because of a biannual tournament that they aren't sure of going yet. A tournament where 50% of the players will return after two weeks.

Short term injuries are even a bigger concern.

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by FIFApresident1(m): 12:49pm On Jan 09, 2022
Somewhere in Italy, Where 3 teams are fighting for the title, Ac milan are missing Kessie bennacer and Ballo Toure. Imagine loosing 2 key midfielders.

Koulibaly and Anguissa are missing in Napoli squad.

No problem for Inter milan.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by COOL10(m): 12:49pm On Jan 09, 2022
SerVik:

It doesn't, but it definitely suggests it. Same way the Dennis case didn't prove any foul play but that didn't stop people from going all guns blazing, to criticize the hell out of Dennis.

But I don't expect that same energy now that Osimhen is involved.

3 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by andrewbaba44: 12:50pm On Jan 09, 2022
seankafor:
Imagine our 3 strikers, clubs took us for a ride..

Not only that, we let it slide like some pvssy or something..

Pinnick is a woman wrapper angry

Better woman wrapper
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by andrewbaba44: 12:50pm On Jan 09, 2022
Danielnino00:

Hmmmmm

Another angle

We are watching

(1) (2) (3) ... (12115) (12116) (12117) (12118) (12119) (12120) (12121) ... (16151) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: Philosopher1979, comodo, ddone, Christinu2, M7even(m), GMBOFASIA, lordofstrings and 7 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 70
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.