Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,809 members, 7,817,346 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 10:41 AM

"The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup - Sports (12119) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup (11666051 Views)

Cameroon's Douala Stadium Artificial Grassfield For AFCON 2019 Stolen / Super Eagles Arrive In Uyo, Train Ahead Of Their AFCON 2019 Qualifier (Pictures) / AFCON 2019: Nigeria To Battle South Africa For A Place (Full Draws) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (12116) (12117) (12118) (12119) (12120) (12121) (12122) ... (16151) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Nobody: 12:52pm On Jan 09, 2022
TheSuperNerd:
Super Eagles Afcon Prep in Garoua

1. The Lampard-esque MF marvel, Joseph Ayodele Oluwaseyi Aribo cool A potential tournament revelation if utilised right or even half right.

2. The Naija Robben, Samuel Chukwueze. This lad could deliver an MVP-worthy showing at the Afcon. Another highly crucial player for the team.

3. Tyronne Ebuehi. The Technically/tactically Balanced Fullback/Wingback.

4. Chidozie Awaziem. The Defender with the most accurate and finest passing range in the Super Eagles and a technically sound Rocksolid beast.

Nr let uzomedia see this post
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by andrewbaba44: 12:55pm On Jan 09, 2022
JohnBullMySon:
Maduka is good. Una no jus like am.

Maduka is not that good but I am okay with him

If I can be okay with akpeyi then I can be okay with anybody

I will agree Maduka is good if he makes crucial saves this afcon ,something akpeyi did self

How many games have Maduka even been tested and makes crucial saves ?

People hardly hate on oyinbo players on this thread self ,so I won’t agree with you saying people don’t like Maduka ,there is nothing to hate about Maduka ,he is a very cool guy and dedicated to the eagles .

4 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by MetalJigsaw(m): 12:55pm On Jan 09, 2022
Osimhen Recovers From COVID-19
independent.ng

Osimhen in mask
Napoli announce their striker Victor Osimhen has recovered from COVID and will return to Italy in the coming hours.

The Nigeria international tested positive for COVID at the end of December, so he could not return to Naples to undergo medical examination on his cheekbone injury because of which he had been ruled out for at least three months.

However, he was supposed to play in the Africa Cup of Nations with his national team wearing a protective mask but was eventually not included in the team because of COVID.

Read also...

10:31 am
9:58 am
The Partenopei have now announced that the 23-year-old has recovered and is on his way to Naples.

“Victor is negative for COVID and will return to Italy in the coming hours,” the Partenopei wrote on Twitter.

The player will undergo medical examinations upon his return to Italy and could be available for Napoli’s upcoming Serie A games.

Napoli face Sampdoria at 15.30 UK time today. Their next two matches are against Fiorentina in Coppa Italia (Thursday 13) and Bologna (Monday 17) in Serie A.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by andrewbaba44: 12:56pm On Jan 09, 2022
bazooka1:

I have watched football long enough to know a good goalkeeper when I see one. The boy haven't made any outstanding save in the national team while he conceeds cheap goals against Sierra Leone and Liberian home based players.
Maduka will be terribly exposed when he moves to Watford. He should have rejected that move if he had sense.
Lol

Why you go say make Maduka reject the move cheesy
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by safarigirl(f): 12:58pm On Jan 09, 2022
andrewbaba44:

Maduka is not that good but I am okay with him

If I can be okay with akpeyi then I can be okay with anybody

I will agree Maduka is good if he makes crucial saves this afcon ,something akpeyi did self

How many games have Maduka even been tested and makes crucial saves ?

People hardly hate on oyinbo players on this thread self ,so I won’t agree with you saying people don’t like Maduka ,there is nothing to hate about Maduka ,he is a very cool guy and dedicated to the eagles .

Maduka is good, "that good", is another level of measurement.

He is sha good enough for now. We will take him like that and see what happens during AFCON.

This is his first major tournament, we literally threw Uzoho into a World Cup situation as a greenhorn and he survived, we will see what Maduka does with AFCON.

I'm hoping this is the tournament he shuts people up, because dude gets a lot of flack for being attractive.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by bazooka1: 1:00pm On Jan 09, 2022
JohnBullMySon:
Which of the goals conceded against Sierra Leone was due to sloppiness? Ter Stegen conceded eight against Bayern, does it make him a poor keeper?

You should know that good keepers are not judged by conceded goals but by quality of saves. He made good saves against Tunisia, against Cape Verde and against CAR. He might not be an outstanding keeper yet, but here we judge him too brutally and yet make excuses for Uzoho. Pound for pound he is clearly better than Uzoho.
Uzoho and Maduka are no talents. It is best Pesserio throw that position open and do proper scouting for talented goalkeepers across Nigeria and smaller leagues across board and bring them in and work on them.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by bazooka1: 1:01pm On Jan 09, 2022
andrewbaba44:

Lol

Why you go say make Maduka reject the move cheesy
Maduka himself knows he's not good enough. He looks like an honest boy.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by bazooka1: 1:04pm On Jan 09, 2022
JohnBullMySon:
Which of the goals conceded against Sierra Leone was due to sloppiness? Ter Stegen conceded eight against Bayern, does it make him a poor keeper?

You should know that good keepers are not judged by conceded goals but by quality of saves. He made good saves against Tunisia, against Cape Verde and against CAR. He might not be an outstanding keeper yet, but here we judge him too brutally and yet make excuses for Uzoho. Pound for pound he is clearly better than Uzoho.
His slow time reactions and poor reflexes is very unusual for a young goalkeeper. He is slow off his line, I don't know if he can improve with coaching but he keeps like an elderly goalkeeper which is unusual for someone his age.
Watch Ramsdale and see what a talented U23 goalkeeper looks like.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by SerVik(m): 1:06pm On Jan 09, 2022
PurpleHouse:

If you nor knack your girl at a particular time, and she come meet you say she carry belle at that particular time, is that not ojoro?

Timing bro. Timing. Thats the big deal here.
Standard Covid-19 Isolation period is 2weeks, most people recover before then. Victor has been infected for 10days which is enough for recovery, matter of fact, this research places average recovery period to be between 5-36days.
https://www.sciencedirect.com/science/article/pii/S2213398421000440

Also, considering the test was done in Nigeria by Nigerians, it makes foul play more difficult

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by safarigirl(f): 1:06pm On Jan 09, 2022
bazooka1:

Uzoho and Maduka are no talents. It is best Pesserio throw that position open and do proper scouting for talented goalkeepers across Nigeria and smaller leagues across board and bring them in and work on them.

You must think the national team works like clubs do

Throw open position and do scouting, on whose dime and with whose time?

Please, stop bringing such ridiculous suggestions like this. Goalkeeper that is so great, they are playing in a third division club in Ikotun? Abeg abeg abeg.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by SerVik(m): 1:06pm On Jan 09, 2022
COOL10:

It doesn't, but it definitely suggests it. Same way the Dennis case didn't prove any foul play but that didn't stop people from going all guns blazing, to criticize the hell out of Dennis.

But I don't expect that same energy now that Osimhen is involved.
We were here when Messi recovered from covid in less than 1week

2 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by safarigirl(f): 1:07pm On Jan 09, 2022
bazooka1:

Maduka himself knows he's not good enough. He looks like an honest boy.

Somebody that won best player in his club last season knows he's not good enough?

Nah, you're just out here hating for no reason.

10 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by andrewbaba44: 1:07pm On Jan 09, 2022
FIFApresident1:
This might not be the first time Afcon would be happening in January, but we can all confirm that this year's edition has attracted lots of controversies.

I personally think European teams will start avoiding African players in the next transfer windows and beyond, look at how big clubs are missing their important players when they needed them most, at the time the tittle race is becoming hotter.

The relegation threatened Metz are without Six important players, Liverpool are without 3 key players, Ditto with leicester, Crystal Palace, Arsenal.

In Spain, where they don't like African players, Villarreal, Sevilla, Mallorca would be loosing key players.

This might be the major reason why Pep Guardiola is not a fan of African born players, the pep side would be without Riyad Mahrez, his absence would not make any difference sha not because he's not important but because there are couples of players available to fill his void.
I wouldn't be surprised if coaches started following Pep's philosophy.
Who told you Spain don’t like African players grin
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by cc12(m): 1:08pm On Jan 09, 2022
cheesy
Surebaba01:

Nr let uzomedia see this post
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by andrewbaba44: 1:10pm On Jan 09, 2022
safarigirl:

Maduka is good, "that good", is another level of measurement.

He is sha good enough for now. We will take him like that and see what happens during AFCON.

This is his first major tournament, we literally threw Uzoho into a World Cup situation as a greenhorn and he survived, we will see what Maduka does with AFCON.

I'm hoping this is the tournament he shuts people up, because dude gets a lot of flack for being attractive.

A lot of flack for being attractive cheesy cheesy

As I said on my post ,I am okay with him .
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by andrewbaba44: 1:13pm On Jan 09, 2022
FIFApresident1:
Somewhere in Italy, Where 3 teams are fighting for the title, Ac milan are missing Kessie bennacer and Ballo Toure. Imagine loosing 2 key midfielders.

Koulibaly and Anguissa are missing in Napoli squad.

No problem for Inter milan.

Koulibally who is Napoli most important player is playing at afcon ,anguissa is another fine midfielder

The nff fault is clear here grin

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by andrewbaba44: 1:15pm On Jan 09, 2022
SerVik:

We were here when Messi recovered from covid in less than 1week

Covid wey ousmane dembele and few Barca players take 3 days recover

Messi self go play tonight against Lyon cheesy
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by bazooka1: 1:17pm On Jan 09, 2022
safarigirl:

Somebody that won best player in his club last season knows he's not good enough?

Nah, you're just out here hating for no reason.
Akpeyi at a point won the best player in his club. He is equally highly rate in South Africa. How good do you think he is as a goalkeeper?
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Samueltemi337(m): 1:18pm On Jan 09, 2022
ChrisKels:

Musa has never had a good AfCon. He was woeful in 2013 with his blonde hair, still woeful in 2019, let's see how he does now.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by bazooka1: 1:21pm On Jan 09, 2022
safarigirl:

You must think the national team works like clubs do

Throw open position and do scouting, on whose dime and with whose time?

Please, stop bringing such ridiculous suggestions like this. Goalkeeper that is so great, they are playing in a third division club in Ikotun? Abeg abeg abeg.
The lack of proper scouting have kept us where we are. Keep asking at whose dime and time. I will surely remind you of this comment when jungle mature.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by safarigirl(f): 1:22pm On Jan 09, 2022
andrewbaba44:

A lot of flack for being attractive cheesy cheesy

As I said on my post ,I am okay with him .

Go to Twitter and every 3 posts someone is either calling him a BooHooMan model, IG model or a Kupe boy, or talking about how light-skinned goalies can't keep.

I also participate in the occasional bashing of light-skinned folks, but some things you read and it's so unnecessary.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Samueltemi337(m): 1:22pm On Jan 09, 2022
andrewbaba44:
Una don critisize Dennis finish ,oya transfer am to una star boy osimhen, oh I forgot star boy can do no wrong in the eyes of some of you grin

most of una hypocrisy no be here

The way I take defend Dennis Na the same way I go take defend victor ,None of this guys where at fault and osimhen no get any Covid ,he just have to comply with what Napoli wants and I won’t blame him for this at all

Know this and know peace .
he nor get covid because na you test am na

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by andrewbaba44: 1:23pm On Jan 09, 2022
safarigirl:

Go to Twitter and every 3 posts someone is either calling him a BooHooMan model, IG model or a Kupe boy, or talking about how light-skinned goalies can't keep.

I also participate in the occasional bashing of light-skinned folks, but some things you read and it's so unnecessary.

That’s uncalled for

I don’t know if I should call that jealousy self

Naija people sha
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by safarigirl(f): 1:24pm On Jan 09, 2022
bazooka1:

The lack of proper scouting have kept us where we are. Keep asking at whose dime and time. I will surely remind you of this comment when jungle mature.

You people always want to remind somebody of whatever when jungle mature.

Which maturity wey we never see before?

Carry yourself to NFF and donate yourself and your money for scouting if you think it is so straightforward

This thread has been in existence for over 5 years, you think you have said anything new and innovative?

Better read up, we don pass this one wey you dey complain about.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Elock1: 1:25pm On Jan 09, 2022
JohnBullMySon:
So you think a club will avoid a good player and leave him for another club because of a biannual tournament that they aren't sure of going yet. A tournament where 50% of the players will return after two weeks.

Short term injuries are even a bigger concern.
to me the issue is these African players leave at once and in their numbers

Imagine having 5 African players in your starting 11
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by andrewbaba44: 1:25pm On Jan 09, 2022
Samueltemi337:
he nor get covid because na you test am na

Napoli has played a fast one on us just as many folks said here

Deal with that
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Samueltemi337(m): 1:26pm On Jan 09, 2022
andrewbaba44:

Napoli has played a fast one on us just as many folks said here
Deal with that
prove they did or STFU
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by FIFApresident1(m): 1:28pm On Jan 09, 2022
andrewbaba44:

Who told you Spain don’t like African players grin
Yes, they don't like African players in Spain.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by safarigirl(f): 1:30pm On Jan 09, 2022
bazooka1:

Akpeyi at a point won the best player in his club. He is equally highly rate in South Africa. How good do you think he is as a goalkeeper?
A
Akpeyi is a decent goalkeeper.

I don't know what you expect, but he is decent. Even the great Enyeama had his own gaffes as our keeper, so, what are you on about?

I think some of you have a warped idea of the scorelines Nigeria used to have and that is why you constantly attack some of these goalies. Even Ezenwa, as shaky as he was, was a decent goalkeeper for us.

The only true calamity we have had between the sticks in recent times, is Agbim.

2 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Odunayaw(m): 1:33pm On Jan 09, 2022
ChrisKels:

Idíat! grin

You have been misled by dem clergies who lied to you that the traditional way of life is evil.

Lol! I don't knack jazz because I'm not evil, but I have ofor na ogu that fights my battles.
I will never wish a fellow man death, but if you wish me death, as long as you walk this Earth and you drink water. The earth will hunt you down, and the water you drink will become poison to you. That is just it. I believe in egbe belu... and whoever said we shall not live, shall take a leave before us to go find out what life looks like at the other side grin
I for like lick you up on this but na derailment grin

grin
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by JohnBullMySon: 1:34pm On Jan 09, 2022
bazooka1:

This is National team
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by andrewbaba44: 1:34pm On Jan 09, 2022
FIFApresident1:

Yes, they don't like African players in Spain.

Yet no proof

I don’t think a certain country or club currently doesn’t like African players as of recent ,maybe apart from zenith st petersbourg

There have been more racism in the epl and seria A than even the Spanish league ,but even with that we can’t say the epl doesn’t like black players

For the last time what’s your reason of saying the Spanish league doesn’t like black players ?

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (12116) (12117) (12118) (12119) (12120) (12121) (12122) ... (16151) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: Tessyy1701, Longneck, 123jamessmith, opes and 12 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 50
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.